Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 10-28-2015, 12:00 PM   #1801
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Looking awesome Stew, glad you are doing well!

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2015, 12:08 PM   #1802
Royal_T
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Royal_T is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Always the best from the mad scientist Stew.. Man I can't wait to see the gc210 going to be so clean..
Old 10-29-2015, 10:04 AM   #1803
Johny5
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
Johny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Johny5
Thanks guys! soon edafe, its gotta be the wedding car

A buddy of mine, Nathan, got me in touch with a guy whos got a large interest in doing resto work on japanese classics. I had a chance to get him to paint some stuff on my r32 and it turned out fantastic, we met up at the garage and took a look at the japan and he said its a project hes gonna be willing to take on..so i'm pretty stoked! we came up with a schedule/game plan that sort of puts a screeching halt on the direction i was going. so now i have to redirect my focus on building new rear wheel well tubs for the car, altering the doors and reskinning them and working out the sills. immediately after i will need to hop on the fuel cell. this is how poorly the rear fender job was done on the car..

hidden underneath some massive drape fenders. you can see here i've outlined what can go and what needs to stay for the new sleeker flares, time to get to cutting and see what i can find.

some buildup where the sill meets up with the rear well, as expected..

and the door..

bit worse than what i want to deal with but nothing a welder and some time can't fix. hoping to finish the driver side tub this weekend, kick on over to the passenger side afterwards.
Old 10-29-2015, 12:29 PM   #1804
hasemi
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
hasemi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
so much stuff and things going on here. Where did you find that DSSC?
Old 10-29-2015, 12:44 PM   #1805
Johny5
Post Whore!

Johny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfection
sam Chang posted the link at like 3am on Facebook I happened to be up, saw it and had it bought through Jesse in less than 2 minutes total haha. just very very lucky
Old 10-29-2015, 02:31 PM   #1806
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Whoa! Dusting off the ol' Johny5 log-in to drop some real heat...
It's good to see more in-depth of your work/projects aside from the sneak peaks on IG, Boss.
Everything is looking real cool.
Old 11-01-2015, 04:12 PM   #1807
Johny5
Post Whore!

Got another weekend in on this thing, still finding stuff we gotta neutralize/still building more panels. these pieces are a bit bigger than the normal repairs though. started by completing the door project. there's 3 layers of metal in there that are all essential so i opted to open it all up/neutralize it then do a couple layers of repairs. there's an extension for the door to seal against using oem weather strip so its not just a complete mess under there.

prepped interior for the dry ice treatment and aaron went ahead and got all the sound deadening out

next up, to see what i was actually dealing with on the rocker panel, yikes haha.

can't be that bad

found some things

15 minutes into rocker panel and chill

before

after

insides fresh and ready for custom internal reinforcements which i will be building here shortly. going to subcontract the job out of 16ga. and have an entire new panel created on a brake. some may see it as a setback but i see it as a cool way to improve the car, these sections fail and crumple all the time but this one won't

cut open the trunk as well, have a 12gallon cell i'll be putting back there..

you can see the burnthrough from the tub work on the right side, turned out fantastic i think

where we left off for the weekend

it may not look like it to some, but i'm very happy to see how quickly and how well this cars coming together. the goal right now is paint by mid january then it'll pick up some real speed
Old 11-03-2015, 02:58 PM   #1808
Johny5
Post Whore!

i was finally able to round up a front end honeycomb grill and headlight buckets! such rare pieces took a long time to find for under $1000 used

missing the hood/fender/lower headlight chrome trim wrap but the front ends really coming together now

headed over to louis's shop he was able to help me bend up a replica rocker panel which looks awesome. its made of 16ga. steel and is far stronger than even the factory one, can't wait to burn it onto the car.

what i gave him as a guide line

what we have now

tomorrow night i'm going to dimple up an internal support then hopefully by this weekend get this piece planted on top and ready to smooth out. paint schedules looking great as long as things keep moving forward the way they have been
Old 11-03-2015, 05:14 PM   #1809
Johny5
Post Whore!

i rushed home today to fit the new rocker shape up and see how close we came, i'm very very pleased!

with only 2 clamps holding it loosely in place thats how close it sits. with some proper fitting its going to look 100%
Old 11-04-2015, 12:23 PM   #1810
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Wow that's great Stew! I would love to replace my rockers like that someday. I am sure they are nasty in there... I just put side skirts on and ignore it, lol. Love seeing this come together!

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 01:29 PM   #1811
turbo2nr
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
turbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to turbo2nr
God bless your soul Stew.

s14 kouki ka-t
turbo2nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 12:16 PM   #1812
Johny5
Post Whore!

shes worth it fellas! ... i think O___O hahahaha

really haven't had much time to screw with the cars. got some trim pieces in for the japan but nothing to write home about. got this little trim plate thing for the rear bumper of the gtr to hide where i melted my stock bumper, solid move.

also decided it might be time to make a change on the exterior. have some parts coming in, a gurney flap for the oe wing, some east bear mirrors and hopefully soon some cf trays/sideskirt extensions. but lately whats been bugging me is the te-v's i've got are flat face instead of the more sought after concave. why on earth volk decided their biggest 17" size should have the most boring face is beyond me, but it might be time for a change. copped a pair of 17x10 +20 regas i'm gonna slap the 275 r888 on and put them on one side of the car, see if i like them. if i do i'll probably switch wheels. or keep both. probably the second choice...since i'm retarded.

dunno why there's an evo sticker on but ill desticker them and refinish them if i keep them.

put in some work with louis lately working on this brz cage just a couple shots i thought were kind of cool. the hoop fits real well inside of the oem channels!

cant wait to finish it!
Old 11-16-2015, 01:17 PM   #1813
A54
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (40)
A54 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 40 reviews
Johny5... Excellent continuation thread!
A54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 03:02 PM   #1814
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
That is a handsome exhaust on the GTR and the CF trim is a cool touch!
Old 11-18-2015, 12:13 PM   #1815
Salvarath
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Salvarath is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hey Stew, the pictures are broken for me
Old 11-23-2015, 09:10 PM   #1816
Johny5
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIIXziuR View Post
That is a handsome exhaust on the GTR and the CF trim is a cool touch!
thanks dude!!

got a little done on the Japan today..

got the s13 rear coilovers adapted onto the car, bolts on like factory now with not much work. sits low enough that it'll tuck those little baby 13s, so 15s wrapped in r888 will be right at home!

then i hopped back onto the rocker panel. started with a nice backing plate after neutralizing all the rust/cutting off all the crap. then i made a piece for bridging the sills and B/C pillars down to the pinch weld. from the factory this only happens in 2 small locations but i'm a firm believer in giving these pieces as much strength as possible. the outter rocker piece is just a small sample i cut off the full piece to get an idea of how it'll lay out. the webbing section is purposely cut long so that once everythings spot welded in place i will grind it flush and round the edges with a nice tig bead

still needs a nice endplate piece and another section of webbing up front, moving along though!

fitted up the new oil cooler today, used FC coolers such a bland look for a car thats gonna be all freshened up..

still need to gather up fender trim and a trim piece that goes on the lower front part of the grill. i found a NOS chrome bumper for it (i HATE the frp one ) but i cannot convince the old man to pull the trigger -_-
Old 11-24-2015, 08:12 AM   #1817
hasemi
Zilvia Member

Nice find on the desmonds. I have been looking for some 18's for the past several years. Saw some on rhdjapan but they sold for $8k still brand new.
Old 11-25-2015, 04:10 PM   #1818
Johny5
Post Whore!

yeah i saw that set they were priced RIDICULOUS! hard to find them for anything reasonable these days it seems

got my regas in from japan today, holy fuck they fit so good. 17x10 +20 with 275/40 f/r. i originally got them to see if i'd be into them at all vs. the te37v, its a no brainer, i have to keep both now X_X

Old 11-25-2015, 06:10 PM   #1819
KojiKP

Trader Rating: (3)
KojiKP is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Looks awesome with the Regas!
KojiKP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 05:03 PM   #1820
Johny5
Post Whore!

so I had a dyno day coming up for the 32, decided to take advantage of some miscellaneous projects i've been needing to do. first off i needed to design a new hanger for the exhaust.. i didn't like my old one and i have to weld a set onto jon's car i wouldn't have been happy with the old setup

lol jig.

solid as a rock now (yeah my coverage isn't perfect its tight around angles so sue me, the welds are all straw so whatever)

My HICAS was deleted by the previous owner but he did the 'loop' modification so there was a gigantic pile of shit still in the car and a couple spots were leaking. de-vaned the back side of the pump and stuffed a bolt in there then made a new line for low pressure return with a setrab valvetrain cooler

lots came out, ha..
went to dyno, got to finally place a tune on the powerfc Pro ecu. still cannot get datalogit to set the launch rpm, i'm told this is because newer datalogit program versions won't show this option. however when i load older versions they don't communicate correctly with the datalogit box because i'm using usb to serial converter i think. whatever at least the rev limit is finally ign cut and not fuel. toned down the tune from last time due to inj duty % but it still made around 8rwhp less, gained about 10tq and spools about 3-400rpm sooner give or take its much more active now. once again leaving a dyno day with RS Enthalpy very happy!

HTML Code:
<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvidmg.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fv338%2Fkidnrg%2Fold%2520one%2520was%2520full%2F609FAEB5-D83B-4503-A184-11F2937EE1BD_zps0di3y6p8.mp4&title=">
then it was time for the rocker on the japan..

this was quite the process for just one simple piece but i knew i'd only have enough access inside of it to fill it with wax later so everything had to be just right.

primed all the freshly neutralized backing panel

fresh backing plate covers up some of the holes and adds rigidity back to the piece, once we undercoat the chassis on the bottom it will all be nice and waterproof

then i zapped in the internal reinforcement panels to replace the janky and lacking oem pieces used for the jacking points only

prime the back side of the rocker panel and clamp it up

thats the fitment placed up next to the old rocker cutout, dead on the money! very pleased

like it never happened! very very pleased with how it turned out. i'd say 'so and so left until we're almost done' but... not even close. just going to continue moving forward and hope its finished soon haha
Old 12-22-2015, 02:53 PM   #1821
Jorgs_7
Zilvia Junkie

Jorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really nice
My god. I just went through all of this, I have questions for you

Do you have / had a wife or GF? (the time spent)

Because this is just savagery.
Jorgs_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 03:13 PM   #1822
Johny5
Post Whore!

thanks man yeah I do I'm currently engaged, finalizing everything in may

shes way cool with the car thing, wants to use the classic skyline as a wedding vehicle
Old 12-22-2015, 04:03 PM   #1823
hasemi
Zilvia Member

Those regas fit it perfect. Glad you aren't a stance stretch the tire who cares about performance yolo instgram fanboi. I built a 3 piece wheel about a year ago. I have yet had a chance to put them on so I have been scratching my head how they will fit. I went 18x9.75 +21 with a 265/40/18 tire. Your offsets and wheel tires are the closest fit i have seen so I'm very happy now. Carry on sir.
Old 10-22-2016, 05:04 AM   #1824
Pblesh85
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (48)
Pblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
It's time for updates I believe.

Do you suffer from vaginal dryness...
Pblesh85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 07:06 PM   #1825
Heywood Jablomie
Leaky Injector

Heywood Jablomie is an unknown quantity at this point
http://www.ziptied.com/forums/index.php?topic=8230.9330
Heywood Jablomie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 04:39 AM   #1826
Pblesh85
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (48)
Pblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heywood Jablomie View Post
this is not ziptied, and I do not take that as an update. Im not looking through 690 pages

Do you suffer from vaginal dryness...
Pblesh85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 12:40 AM   #1827
Heywood Jablomie
Leaky Injector

Heywood Jablomie is an unknown quantity at this point
Lol okay idgaf.
Heywood Jablomie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 12:55 AM   #1828
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
is that rear door meant to open?
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 08:18 AM   #1829
eds13
Zilvia FREAK!

eds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to eds13
haven't checked this thread out in a few years. Just when i thought it couldn't get any more interesting...lol

Lookin good Stu