Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 07-29-2016, 09:12 PM   #31
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
NISMO coppermix is one of the best clutches I've had. Even though its unsprung, it was still super easy on the left leg, and held fine for 280whp. I ran it for a number of years until I got a carbonetics carbon disc clutch.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-2016, 09:16 PM   #32
Eoken
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Eoken is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
found this cool R33 GT-R at the COBB tuning meet here in Austin, TX

Origin +40mm fenders. they are not attached and fitting properly yet but they still look much better than stock with these wide wheels! I also plan on filling in the two vent holes, I never much liked them in the front fenders.

I ended up getting GKtech duel caliper set up brake lines which made hooking everything up really easy.

A nice shot of the front brakes

Next up on the list is body work!! I am so excited to finally get the exterior looking good. My goal is to have body work finished by March of next year. It will take me some time to save up and buy the parts that I want. At that point the car will look like I want finally then you will see what comes next!

Last edited by Eoken; 01-12-2017 at 11:24 PM..
Eoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 09:24 PM   #33
Eoken
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
NISMO coppermix is one of the best clutches I've had. Even though its unsprung, it was still super easy on the left leg, and held fine for 280whp. I ran it for a number of years until I got a carbonetics carbon disc clutch.
Thanks for the input! I know when I put the six speed in I will have to pull the engine to do so. I don't want to have to do it again if I don't like the clutch lol.
Old 12-15-2016, 10:47 PM   #34
Eoken
Zilvia Member

Hey guys, It has been a while since anything has been done to the car!
Good news! I was able to find a cleaner chassis which was an original black car and original 5sp with is cool I will be reshelling everything to the "new car" in the next month and making a new hand brake bracket that does not flex while the carpet is out.

right now the car is all stock besides upgraded speakers and headunit. It looks like it has had an alarm in it at some point before which has been taken out aswell.

This chassis has working pop up headlights, no frame damage, and no rust. the suspension in the front is also not damaged so for me it was nice to start from a better platform. The other car was super good to learn on and it is time to make a better one!

I plan on transferring everything over except the engine, and coilovers. the Megan coil overs get the job done it you want to drive and lower and raise your car as you please, but they where harsh on the street. I will be buying a set of KW coilovers as soon as I sell the parts car

I will also not be taking the SR20DET which had low compression (about 120). I will be swapping in a fresh one that is all factory which should make my life a lot easier and make the car stronger and more reliable.

After the engine I will finish off the body and buy a Cusco roll cage and some nice Defi gauges and a trust boost controller to finish it off should take longer than I thought originally but I am more excited than ever to make this car awesome!!
Old 12-16-2016, 03:37 PM   #35
Ratpack_Chad
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
Ratpack_Chad is a jewel in the roughRatpack_Chad is a jewel in the roughRatpack_Chad is a jewel in the roughRatpack_Chad is a jewel in the roughRatpack_Chad is a jewel in the roughRatpack_Chad is a jewel in the roughRatpack_Chad is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Good luck on your re-shell dude
Ratpack_Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 04:43 PM   #36
tougefactory
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (27)
tougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Damn, Bride the effed out.. Probably one of the cleanest interiors we've seen.

Hit us up if you need anything! Zilvia prices all day everyday..

TF-WORKS

For all the latest TF★ news visit our blog!!

tougefactory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 11:39 PM   #37
Eoken
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrvasour View Post
Good luck on your re-shell dude
Thanks man! Just got my PS Duce 180sx rear bumper in today. It is looking pretty sweet! I also got another carpet in from stockinteriors.com and I have to send it back... again... they can't seem to get the tow pad right... like not even close!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tougefactory View Post
Damn, Bride the effed out.. Probably one of the cleanest interiors we've seen.

Hit us up if you need anything! Zilvia prices all day everyday..

TF-WORKS
WOW! thanks so much for the recognition! I love you guys and this made my day. I will work hard to make it even better!
Old 12-20-2016, 12:13 PM   #38
Eoken
Zilvia Member

Coming back to Texas from Louisiana with my friend Tyler with the new car!

Made it back to Texas, looking pretty straight sitting in the Buc-ee's parking lot

Almost ready to transfer parts over!

Ordered a carpet with a better insinuated backing too bring the tire noise and exhaust drone down on the highway since that is where i will be using the car most of the time. Unfortunately stockinteriors did not come through this time leaving the toe pad off and the black color was looking hella faded lol.

So... they said send it back... so i did, and they sent me this...

Currently waiting for UPS to pick this one up and they are sending me a third one... hopefully they can get the toe pad correct this time. It looks like they where drunk when they put it on lol.

where it should be.

Muffin loves exploring in all the spots.

PS Duce bumper ordered form alpha 9 wheels! big shout out to them as they are the only dealer of this bumper I could find haha. This will be the first of the many body parts I am planning for the car.

Really good quality product. Super happy with it. Freight shipping was appalling though lol but how else are you doing to do it?
Old 12-20-2016, 12:41 PM   #39
10psitx
Zilvia Member

10psitx is an unknown quantity at this point

If you want to sell the one with the messed up toe pad, i'll buy it!
10psitx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 11:11 PM   #40
Eoken
Zilvia Member

HAHA thanks for the support, the company kept wanting me to send them back to them before they would send out the next one. Wish I could man! I will have a stock carpet available which does not have any rips as far as i know and just some discoloration around where the floor mats have been resting. Might clean up well with a wash.
Old 01-03-2017, 10:02 PM   #41
Eoken
Zilvia Member

Getting the car ready for welding

Scrapping the sound deadening.

Spot welds were the way to do to avoid over heating and warping the transmission tunnel or over heating it. It does not look pretty but it made a strong bond.

Old 01-12-2017, 11:48 PM   #42
Eoken
Zilvia Member

Got some more welding done after much test fitting and measuring. I took the dash in and out about 5 times along with the seat a few times to make sure I was putting the master cylinder in just the right spot. Compared to where it was before it is more out of the way of my right leg because of the angle and should be slightly tighter fitting to the dash.

This was my first design, It seemed to be very stong but did not look how I wanted.

I made a plate for the front and used two diameter circle saws to make a 3D circular hole

Welded up and ground down.

Masked off the car lol.

filler primer to fill in those imperfections I could not get with the grinder.

The paint looks pretty good! Can't wait to see it with the carpet around it.

Old 01-14-2017, 10:07 PM   #43
Eoken
Zilvia Member

trimmed the carpet up nicely to fit.

Old 03-07-2017, 12:09 PM   #44
Eoken
Zilvia Member

New engine going to be here next Tuesday!

Super clean about 43k miles on it with good compression.

cut off the bottom of the S13 OEM blinker canceler to fit on the S15 steering wheel and it works great!

S13 clock-spring cut and mounted to the S15 steering wheel. It works great! much better than my old set up

LHD glove box cut for OEM cool box (still have not hooked it up to the A/C vents. I will need to get some flexible hose for this and the OEM ports will not work at all!

After some cutting and fitting...
and plastic welding lol it fits well!!

looks messy, but it is strong and will hold it in place for sure!

I think they sell plastic welding kits but all i used was a rotary tool with a grinding bit on it to heat it up with friction and move the puddle around lol.

Here is the factory RHD glove box.

KW Clubsport coilovers installed.

LOOKING SWEET!!! first time I looked at this car and got really excited!

BLITZ SUS power intake for my new SR

FPR hopefully for E-85 set up way down the line.

Type LS intercooler and radiator.

S13 shift knob for my six speed.

Looking nice and low!

Old 03-07-2017, 12:44 PM   #45
tougefactory
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (27)
tougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
I have a thing for simple and clean interior.. and yours delivered. Great job man!

For all the latest TF★ news visit our blog!!

Last edited by tougefactory; 03-07-2017 at 12:45 PM.. Reason: nvm
tougefactory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 08:07 PM   #46
Eoken
Zilvia Member

Thanks! Always good to see positive feed back
Old 03-20-2017, 12:58 AM   #47
Eoken
Zilvia Member

cut some small steel pipe and painted it black to make some spacers.

I also got new black hardware for my handbrake set up to make it look better.

had to modify the metal frame that the glove box mounts to. It was not clearing the cool box sticking out of the back lol.

cool box fits snug! mine did not come with insulation foam on the right side of it and it may have been an advantage to getting it t fit. I know it comes off of most of them for some reason.

I also took a hair dryer and just slightly bent out the outer lips of the glove box so it clears the coolbox door when it opens for smooth operation. A few pieces of tape over the magnet can also help it open easier.

out comes the cluster again for repairs. I managed to salvage the digital speedo off another broken cluster to make one good one again XD

I plan on replacing where the harness plugs into the speedo unit to because it has something wrong with the pins and it makes it flicker from time to time. took me a year to discover which component was causing this... lol >.> pretty involved with soldering!

mounted in the car and opens and closes with no issues. I will hae to make some flexible ducts to direct air in and out of the box from the main A/C ducts. I will probably go to the junk yard and get some flexible hoses just like are going to the defrost vents under the windshield from some 90's Nissan and modify them.

hydro installed and plumed up. The bracket I welded in is perfect! super low key and the line is almost completely hidden lol.

always fun to chill out and enjoy the fruits of your labor for a little while:b

tail lights and ganadors transfer ed over! this car looks really cool now! XD

new engine is here! N1 oil cap installed!

cutting out the fenders. I learned a few things from the last time I did this and I went about it a little differently.

I first made a cardboard template of the shape of the factory wheel arch shape. then I moved it up about two inches just bellow the body line the runs the length of the car. I wanted to leave the body line untouched because the crease in the metal provides it strength.

I then traced a line with sharpy and highlighted it with tape to make it easier to see when cutting with the angle grinder.
for the inner layer I just tore off the outer layer from it with pliers and hammered it out after making relief cuts. welded, seam sealer, undercoat, primer, paint.

and the part sticking out may provide support for my over fenders I'm thinking.

Old 03-20-2017, 01:01 AM   #48
Eoken
Zilvia Member

paint

undercoat

can't wait to do the other side tomorrow! I will take more pictures of the steps I take because it turned out well and was very easy!

fully on the ground
Old 03-20-2017, 10:12 AM   #49
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Can you please make DIY with this on the other side? There is one sorta out there, but this method has better fore-thought.
Old 03-20-2017, 10:50 AM   #50
Eoken
Zilvia Member

Thumbs up

Yes. I will take some good pictures and hopefully video to help people out.
Old 03-20-2017, 11:24 AM   #51
MistyBlueS13
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
MistyBlueS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Love how this car is coming together, especially the interior. Nice to see quality parts in a 240 haha. Keep up the good work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MistyBlueS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 12:33 AM   #52
Eoken
Zilvia Member

Time to tuck my harness so I am not shredding it! I cut a small notch out of the pinch weld with my angle grinder and gave it some paint in order to reroute the harness.

passenger side was really easy, no cutting required.

Cross bar installed

the privacy cover even fits and sits in the proper place so the trunk can close like normal! XD I really like the way it looks with it on.

First drive with my new suspension set up! the car got hot so I had to pull over and top up the rad. lol car feels awesome though!

I noticed my old car was making a horrible racket from the exhaust! I thought it had a leak at one of the gaskets maybe... after taking a look under the car I realized that my Trust DD resonator had enough!!!

It was time to restore my exhaust again but this time I would do it properly!

Opening up the hole reviled that the resonator Had an inner skin, a layer of thin fiberglass, and an outer skin.

Inner skin welded up first. I worked very very slowly as it was super thin metal and the more holes I blew in it ment more time patching it up lol.

I used some fiberglass exhaust wrap I had laying around to replace the insulating layer.

Made a cross brace to protect the resonator.

hung up and ready to be primed and painted! I used navel jelly to remove any rust before paint.

Time to polish up those stainless tips!!

I used 2000 grit sand paper in all directions to get a consistent surface. Then I went all in one direction to get a nice finish before using some metal polish to give it a final shine.

(stage 1: after 2000 grit on the left) (stage 2: after 2000 grit all in the same direction on the right)

after polish looks awesome!

After a long and exciting night it was finally on and looking better than ever!! I also removed the old baffle that was stick inside one of the pipes lol.

polished up my strut bar.

Raybrig headlights off a 180SX!! I love these headlights. they are brighter than my old sealed beams and have a layer of light on each side which gives me better visibility when going around corners. These make me feel much safer driving at night.

Last edited by Eoken; 05-07-2017 at 02:21 AM..
Old 05-07-2017, 02:22 AM   #53
Eoken
Zilvia Member

I love my Nissans.

More pictures of the exhaust installed.

a couple nice pictures of the hydro in my new car.

I spent so much time taking in and out the dash and seat while welding the bracket to get the position, angle, height.... everything just like I wanted
I also wanted it too not take up too much space so there was not a big hole cut in the carpet. I am very pleased with how it came out. I tested it many times and with a two pump technique I am able to lock up the tires pretty easy entering a corner at 15+ mph. anything slower or in a slight line it just slows the car down lol. pretty fun to play with and learn how to use!!

Alarm system install! it is nice to have a digital tilt sensor to protect my wheels as well as keyless entry now lots of wires removed for functions my car will not be using! haha

Que the music and get to wiring!

Sweet remote OLED display

Nice little shot after installing the alarm. It was so nice using the locking feature while walking away from my car for the first time! lol

A little more work on my digital cluster as I got a good deal on two more parts clusters. I ended up swapping mine for one of the parts clusters because it was working well and did not have the flickering problem my current one had. It was so annoying when driving at night!! probably a bent pin or something.

If anyone ever needs one of these worked on I can change parts around no problem and I have lots of spare parts now so hit me up! lol

Learned a thing or two last time I installed these 350Z pedals on my car so I figured I would share my refined process for anyone interested!
It is pretty basic, just cut some thin cardboard with even spacing as shown on the back of the cover, trace, and cut.

As you can see the Z33 pedal is taller and skinner than the S13 one. not to worry! just take your time making the template perfect as shown and it fits nice and tight and will not move on you!

I took this picture to very clearly show the spacing you want when you make your template. (notice how much of the top and bottom half circle are showing).

I will say again I had the dead pedal custom made and it bolts right up to my OEM dead pedal to match the 350Z look. For the throttle pedal I just modified the hell out of the OEM rod to get the perfect spacing, angle and height using my 350Z as a model.

I know you guys like shots of my interior! lol sorry these were at night but It was one of the first times I had the inside pretty much complete on the new car.

350Z Nismo floor mats out of my old Z RIP.

Time to do a little 6 speed work!

S13 VSS Drive gear was bored out by hand from 25.0mm inside diameter to 27.9mm using a round file. The steel ball that keeps the drive gear rotating interdependently from the shaft sticks out 5.1mm when installed in its hole. I used a small green rotary tool bit to make the half circle in the drive gear deeper to fit the ball. I then used two a 1-1/18 inch external snap rings to secure the drive gear from moving up or down. to do this I had to take off a mil or two off the top and bottom inside portion of the gear and notching out a place for the ends. It fits well and the S13 VSS installs smoothly and seems to spin nicely when I spun the output shaft when it was all back together. I know people have talked about doing this but I might e the first S13 guy to try it lol! If you are interested in any more details/ methods/ tools just let me know and I can help.

Old 05-08-2017, 08:31 AM   #54
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Like this build so far.

Why the shell swap if you don't mind me asking?
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 04:57 PM   #55
k00laid83
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
k00laid83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Where did you get that cross bar?
k00laid83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 10:30 PM   #56
Eoken
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by k00laid83 View Post
Where did you get that cross bar?
I believe it is a PLM bar. I bought it off some dude in Florida on a Facebook page for $200.
Old 05-10-2017, 10:34 PM   #57
Eoken
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
Like this build so far.

Why the shell swap if you don't mind me asking?
Old shell had frame damage on the passenger side which caused the door to not shut properly. There were also a million other little things about the car that bothered me. I wanted an original black car that I could do my own swap on in the end.
Old 05-11-2017, 02:53 AM   #58
edspecR
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
edspecR is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
good stuff!
edspecR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 01:34 AM   #59
Eoken
Zilvia Member

Time to sort out the leaky coolant overflow tank.

eBay tank with a custom bracket I welded up works nicely.

Five speed off! six speed on!

Autech S15 single mass lightweight flywheel + Nismo coppermix clutch installed.

Six speed mounted and looking good!

I have always wanted to make an inter cooler sprayer using the rear washer fluid pump. I picked up some spare OEM fittings including single hose mounts, Y connector, spare pumps, reservoir and hose.

I routed the hose through the frame as shown.

the sprayers came free with the car and they work great!

I cut out a bit of the reservoir and epoxied it back together to make some room for the inter cooler piping. It is a work in progress and I might have to take more off later.

filler neck was shorted and RTV was used to seal it back up.

works like a charm!

I even wired it up to the blue arcade button that used to be a start button in my old car

S15 helical differential came in! the drive train is complete and I am now ready to pull my engine and put in my SR20DET XD let the fun begin!

smaller battery for inter cooler piping room.

Old 07-12-2017, 12:08 PM   #60
Eoken
Zilvia Member

More pictures coming soon! I got my engine out and did some other cool things that I would like to share including integrated windshield sprayers on the wipers like the 350Z and some G35s have! Now I can still use them but don't have to drill holes and mount them on my aftermarket hood.