Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-16-2017, 01:40 PM   #21061
anti tyler
GM2 (SW/AW)

Trader Rating: (37)
anti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
Send a message via AIM to anti tyler Send a message via Yahoo to anti tyler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrodriguez124578 View Post
Does anyone know if they still sell Kouki Fenders that are steel and not Fiberglass or Reinforced plastic and if so could you please link?

use the search at the top right, these things are still around in the OEM metal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lflkajfj12123 View Post
Okay you sloppy *SNIP*,

This shit is getting ridiculous. Since there has been an amazing outburst of threads that contain small insignificant questions that don't need their own threads, here is a thread where they can all go.

RULES:

MOST IMPORTANTLY, use your fucking head before you post a question that easily could have been found using the search feature. If you think your question deserves its own thread, at least give this one a try first you might be surprised one answer will do the trick.

http://zilvia.net/f/chat/144721-new-...arch-tips.html

There are a few threads floating around currently that have the OEM metal fenders you're looking for.

zilvia.net/f/search.php?searchid=16592393

http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t...t=Kouki+Fender
but that shyt has SWAG

KA-T for life!
Current for sale advertisement

anti tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2017, 05:41 PM   #21062
zo0d
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
zo0d is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
KA24DE

Anyone know the bolt size for the Knock Sensor? I know its a 12mm. I need the thread and pitch.Mine fell into the rats the nest of an intake manifold. Tried using a magnetic snake tool, no luck.

Thanks
zo0d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 07:03 PM   #21063
anti tyler
GM2 (SW/AW)

Trader Rating: (37)
anti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
Send a message via AIM to anti tyler Send a message via Yahoo to anti tyler
Quote:
Originally Posted by zo0d View Post
KA24DE

Anyone know the bolt size for the Knock Sensor? I know its a 12mm. I need the thread and pitch.Mine fell into the rats the nest of an intake manifold. Tried using a magnetic snake tool, no luck.

Thanks

I can send you one for the cost of shipping. $2.67 but if I'm not mistaken you can bolt the knock sensor to a couple different areas on the block. I've had KA's with them in the center under the manifold runners, I've had blocks where they're bolted right above the water outlet.

I have a huge bucket of bolts so maybe it's easier for me, but there should be about 3 other items in the area you can snag a bolt from and using to match up with at your hardware store.
but that shyt has SWAG

KA-T for life!
Current for sale advertisement

anti tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 07:37 PM   #21064
zo0d
Zilvia Member

zo0d is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by anti tyler View Post
I can send you one for the cost of shipping. $2.67 but if I'm not mistaken you can bolt the knock sensor to a couple different areas on the block. I've had KA's with them in the center under the manifold runners, I've had blocks where they're bolted right above the water outlet.

I have a huge bucket of bolts so maybe it's easier for me, but there should be about 3 other items in the area you can snag a bolt from and using to match up with at your hardware store.
Thanks for the advice and the helping hand. I kept scouring the internet and I found this:

https://parts.nissanusa.com/

08120-8301A

Had part numbers for literally everything. Looks like Nissan USA IS good for something these days.

Its an M8x1.25, the home depot down the block has 5 in stock
zo0d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 05:38 PM   #21065
Thatonez
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Thatonez is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Does anyone know where i can find this banjo bolt for the power steering pump?
Thatonez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 09:40 PM   #21066
S-Nation S13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (92)
S-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 92 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by anti tyler View Post
isn't the maxima just a hair longer?

Why not go with PBM?

GKtech are more expensive, ERA1 and wisefab are definitely more expensive, and you already said you're not looking for hella angle. You can have someone make you a pair but then you're usually paying more than half of what it'd cost to just get like PBM

So here's my set up please fill in the blanks
(Knuckle), s14 inners, (outers), Cusco tension, 25mm flca's in the brackets I need these pieces to make an angle kit. If anything I'll probably add inner rod spacers but that's it. What would be a functional angle kit that's still streetable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
S-Nation S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 09:42 PM   #21067
S-Nation S13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (92)
S-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 92 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysgottaredtop View Post
^ No. Over priced, inferior, cut-n-weld junk compared to other stuff on the market.

DriftKnuckles.com: hacked up stock knuckle with relocated (and hopefully accurate before/after welding?) tie rod pickup point; $250 + $200 core charge

PBM: brand spankin' new forged steel roll center-corrected knuckle with precise CNC'd pickup points; $400.

Just get some roll center correction knuckles. They handle worlds better.

Noob question but roll center correction knuckles by any chance could you recommend some?

S-Nation S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 06:22 PM   #21068
Hoffman5982
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
Hoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Hey guys, before I buy a new alternator I figured I'd ask first. My alternator has a high pitched whine ONLY when it is engaged. If I unplug the 2 wire plug that kicks it on, the whine goes away(and the charging obviously).

My problem is this is 2 alternators that have done this now. Both are charging at a solid 14+ volts no problem. Battery is mounted in the stock location and using the stock wiring harness. I have no issue upgrading to the Quest alternator, but I don't want to buy that and run into the same issue.
Old 05-22-2017, 11:46 AM   #21069
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Thursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S-Nation S13 View Post
Noob question but roll center correction knuckles by any chance could you recommend some?

I think knocking modded knuckles is a bit out of line. Dang drifters knuckles are solid and have bump steer correction.

GKtech knuckles are known to crack.

I've heard no bad news with PBM ones, I just prefer custom fab shit and supporting those who do it.

But I have a question of my own that I think would help you out as well.

WHAT FUCKING YEAR MAXIMA OUTERS DO I USE??

Every thread is like "maxima outers" with no year given. I don't buy shit like this without knowing a year range, how can a mod this common be so poorly documented?

Thanks.
Thursday7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 08:00 AM   #21070
EnemyS15
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
EnemyS15 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Aren't these called "mood lights" and how much do these usually go for?
Old 05-23-2017, 02:11 PM   #21071
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffman5982 View Post
Hey guys, before I buy a new alternator I figured I'd ask first. My alternator has a high pitched whine ONLY when it is engaged. If I unplug the 2 wire plug that kicks it on, the whine goes away(and the charging obviously).

My problem is this is 2 alternators that have done this now. Both are charging at a solid 14+ volts no problem. Battery is mounted in the stock location and using the stock wiring harness. I have no issue upgrading to the Quest alternator, but I don't want to buy that and run into the same issue.
Had this problem with my third alternator from Napa. The first two were quiet, but had charging issues that stranded me twice. The 3rd one whined when Napa benched tested it right out of the box, took a chance on it and it has been working flawlessly for 2years now.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
[240sx] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 02:11 PM   #21072
theStig880
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
theStig880 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
^^^ Those look like JDM S14 footwell lights. They look like they sell anywhere from $150 to $400 from what I can see.
Old 05-23-2017, 03:06 PM   #21073
derass
Zilvia FREAK!

derass is making a name for him/her selfderass is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday7 View Post
GKtech knuckles are known to crack.

I've heard no bad news with PBM ones, I just prefer custom fab shit and supporting those who do it.
You got anything to support that GKTech claim? In 200+ pages of the RC thread I haven't seen anything like that. If anything, PBM has had problems with the caliper mounting tabs on their knuckles (documented in the RC thread).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday7 View Post
But I have a question of my own that I think would help you out as well.

WHAT FUCKING YEAR MAXIMA OUTERS DO I USE??

Every thread is like "maxima outers" with no year given. I don't buy shit like this without knowing a year range, how can a mod this common be so poorly documented?
The year of Maxima outer is also in the RC thread. It's a pain to find, but it's in there.
derass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 04:43 PM   #21074
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Thursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by derass View Post
You got anything to support that GKTech claim? In 200+ pages of the RC thread I haven't seen anything like that. If anything, PBM has had problems with the caliper mounting tabs on their knuckles (documented in the RC thread).

The year of Maxima outer is also in the RC thread. It's a pain to find, but it's in there.
http://www.technickslide.com/2015/11...angle-kit.html

I guess "known" was a bit far but I followed this guys builds and he is not a dummy.

I've read through the RC thread a few times over the past few years, and recently went through again. it mentions years and lengths, but nothing really about outers.

I also have a hard time believing everyone running maxima outers combed through that thread to find the answer. I'm more concerned with the ball joint shank size than the inner thread. I want someone to point me to an obvious answer that I'm too dumb to see. Unlike a lot of people I need to see concrete evidence before I spend money on parts not made for my car.
Old 05-23-2017, 07:07 PM   #21075
derass
Zilvia FREAK!

derass is making a name for him/her selfderass is making a name for him/her self
In exchange for that awesome link, I'll spill the beans. The Maxima outer that is 1" longer than S14, which I assume is the one you're looking for, is from a 1990.

Maxima outer on the left, S14 on the right:

Old 05-23-2017, 09:37 PM   #21076
EnemyS15
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
EnemyS15 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by theStig880 View Post
^^^ Those look like JDM S14 footwell lights. They look like they sell anywhere from $150 to $400 from what I can see.

Thank you. Guess I will post up a for sale thread for em.
Old 05-24-2017, 05:46 PM   #21077
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

New question from me.

Is there a difference between spaced tie rods (like using a spacer) and longer tie rods? As I see it, all that matters is overall reach from the rack to the ball joint on the outer end. Is there something I am missing?
Old 05-24-2017, 06:16 PM   #21078
derass
Zilvia FREAK!

That might be a better question for the RC thread, but with a spacer you are moving the inner pivot point. And that will affect suspension / steering geometry. I imagine that it's bump-steer that would change. Probably not by much though.
Old 05-24-2017, 06:51 PM   #21079
Halobb

Halobb is an unknown quantity at this point
Well I'm back guys.... the thing is my car started to have this bogging out sound at idle and when revving it and it also started to shake much more. I searched and searched and I only came up with the conclusion that it could be my MAF, spark plug wires, the spark plugs themselves or an o2 sensor. The symptoms are as follows: hard to start especially on cold mornings, much more shaking and it sounds like it's bogging out. Here are some pictures of the prongs on my MAF. I also recorded the sound of my car, if anyone would like to help me I could upload it to YouTube for you guys.

Halobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 07:15 PM   #21080
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Do you have any larger pictures? I can almost climb through my monitor and into the plug to figure it out from the inside.
Old 05-24-2017, 08:09 PM   #21081
Halobb

It's from my phone camera, and uploaded from my phone as well. I'm sorry if that's an inconvenience to you :/ I can't see how big it actually is but hopefully someone will be able to see it better [emoji28]

Old 05-24-2017, 09:29 PM   #21082
tomtom8228

tomtom8228 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halobb View Post
Well I'm back guys.... the thing is my car started to have this bogging out sound at idle and when revving it and it also started to shake much more. I searched and searched and I only came up with the conclusion that it could be my MAF, spark plug wires, the spark plugs themselves or an o2 sensor. The symptoms are as follows: hard to start especially on cold mornings, much more shaking and it sounds like it's bogging out. Here are some pictures of the prongs on my MAF.
I also recorded the sound of my car, if anyone would like to help me I could upload it to YouTube for you guys.

Clean the maf sensor (carefully!). Have you modified the car recently that could cause this? If its constantly "bogging" could you be mistaken for a misfire?

tomtom8228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 09:31 PM   #21083
Halobb

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtom8228 View Post
Clean the maf sensor (carefully!). Have you modified the car recently that could cause this? If its constantly "bogging" could you be mistaken for a misfire?

Bro I just took apart try MAF sensor check this out LOL is this my problem :///

Old 05-24-2017, 09:32 PM   #21084
tomtom8228

Quote:
Bro I just took apart try MAF sensor check this out LOL
is this my problem :///

What engine ?

Old 05-24-2017, 09:36 PM   #21085
Halobb

Quote:
What engine ?

KA24DE my dude

Old 05-24-2017, 09:45 PM   #21086
tomtom8228

Quote:
KA24DE my dude

Cnt tell much from that picture. Wheres the sound clip

Old 05-24-2017, 09:51 PM   #21087
Halobb

Quote:
Cnt tell much from that picture. Wheres the sound clip

It's a fresh upload so I'm not too sure bout they quality, let me know how it is. http://youtu.be/Fk7_6Ay5Kyw

Old 05-24-2017, 09:56 PM   #21088
tomtom8228

[QUOTE=Halobb;6199954]It's a fresh upload so I'm not too sure bout they quality, let me know how it is. [url]http://youtu.be/Fk7_6Ay5Kyw[

Does your temp gauge work.

Old 05-24-2017, 09:57 PM   #21089
Halobb

Small Questions Thread (SEARCH FIRST! Use this instead of making NEW threads)

[QUOTE=tomtom8228;6199957]
Quote:
It's a fresh upload so I'm not too sure bout they quality, let me know how it is. [url]http://youtu.be/Fk7_6Ay5Kyw[

Does your temp gauge work.

Yes it was fixed recently, I always let it warm up before I take it out if that matters lol

Old 05-25-2017, 09:50 PM   #21090
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute
Is there a trick to removing the A/C evaporator hard lines by the firewall? the ABS module is in the way and has no wiggle room because of the brake lines. G*d damn ABS!
[240sx] is offline   Reply With Quote