Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-06-2017, 09:08 PM   #1
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
676 Mile S14 240SX?

Forgive me if this is a double post, a friend just sent me this link:

http://jalopnik.com/this-completely-...s-a-1800962999

Such a colossal waste to store a car. But who am I to speak, I havent put 1 mile in over 13 years now with my S13. And the S14 I picked up hasnt moved a mile in about 10 years.

Project car life.

edit: Is it just me, I smell a lot of bullshit in the ad description. Mahogany crate, display 240SX, durasteel? pssh... i dont think so.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-2017, 09:17 PM   #2
Almighty So
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
Almighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Was posted in DIW but don't think many have seen it yet.
Pretty crazy if the story is true lol but it's a shame it's an auto 4 lug.
Not worth nearly 100k but that said, I have no idea what I'd start as an asking price
Almighty So is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 09:20 PM   #3
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
silviaks2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
auto, base model.

Old 09-06-2017, 10:12 PM   #4
Gar9854
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Gar9854 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
The kouki is just a shadow compared to this ole girl

http://www.speedhunters.com/2011/08/...time_capsule_/
Gar9854 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 10:17 PM   #5
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
think about what other cars you can buy for ~100k

then picture yourself driving a 1998 NISSAN 240SX.... AUTO. Made with DuraSteel.

I am curious, what happened to the mahogany shipping crate? Maybe its like a video game, when the crate was opened it disappeared. Sneaky Japanese!
Old 09-06-2017, 10:18 PM   #6
Standard
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Standard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Hahaha that story is made up as fuck!

Clean car, but really? The most special model imported for display only purposes? Base model, auto, 4-lug hahaha
Standard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 10:42 PM   #7
NiSilS14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (20)
NiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
To each their own, but I wouldn't want this, even as a collector. Best case scenario for a s-chassis is they get resto-modded in the near-ish future, much like how like a lot of older japanese cars going, (240z's, 70s celicas, 510s, etc), it's made to fixed up and enjoyed as a fun driving car. 100k is ridiculous even for older collectible muscle cars in most cases. At best, I would maayybee pay what it went for new.
Old 09-06-2017, 10:43 PM   #8
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Silvia badge on a 240 tho...[emoji848]

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
[240sx] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 10:58 PM   #9
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Wake me up when they find Nismo 270r with less miles.

Also for a car that has never been touched(besides the wheels) I wonder what that switch is next the defrost switch. That's not Nissan/Niles corp piece.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 11:25 PM   #10
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Base model, A/T, CAL emissions. Hahahaha. The only S14 that has a chance at a $100k+ price tag is a Nismo 270R, even then... WTF!
Old 09-06-2017, 11:41 PM   #11
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
Maybe worth a fifth of his asking price......maybe.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 10:43 AM   #12
ixfxi
Post Whore!

"Every year the gas was drained and refilled..."

should read:
"Every year the subframe was dropped in order to access the fuel tank which, like all other S14s, is destined to leak"
Old 09-07-2017, 11:05 AM   #13
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
its always interesting to see people who store cars like this that don't have any real value in the market (its not even a SE). i imagine they have some weird void in their life and somehow someway parking a car in their front room fills that void.

one could argue that the car has a meaning or came with a story, like the s14 guy (which is fishy AF). but if it really meant that much to you, you would never sell it. it would just rot in your house. which is why this makes zero sense to me.

on topic, that same website did a similar article with an 03 mercury marauder, which is basically a crown vic:
http://jalopnik.com/this-couple-is-s...ury-1797702796

why in the hell would anyone want to store a base model s14, or a glorified crown vic in their house? people are weird.

on the other end, here is an example of a car that would hold a little bit of value:
http://jalopnik.com/this-lancer-evo-...-fo-1797226406

it went for 137K
jumpman2334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 12:53 PM   #14
zenkicpe
Zilvia Member

zenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud of
But those OZ wheels were made "special" thats gotta be worth sumthin
zenkicpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 04:21 PM   #15
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Has a JDM Silvia badge on the hood, the rear is debadged and has some wolf emblem where Nissan logo should be. Dude barely drove the car but still couldn't resist doing ricer things.
LoSt180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 04:48 PM   #16
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Juucso is on a distinguished road
Would love to take a grinder and widebody that bitch.
Old 09-07-2017, 05:01 PM   #17
JM216S14
Zilvia Junkie

JM216S14 is on a distinguished road
This is stupid why keep a wanna be sports car in the living room

I once went to buy a subframe off a guy a few towns away out of a car he wrecked racing, turns out it was the 1st fulll non production car (I don't know what you call it no real vin wish I would have got some pictures) Someone he knew was something at Nissan and procured it some how. Then the shit got beat out of it and wrecked scrapped Way cooler then this turd who kept this one in his living room.
JM216S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 09:52 AM   #18
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
If this story is even remotely true, which I don't think it is, documentation shouldn't be hard to provide.
Old 09-08-2017, 10:02 AM   #19
snorkelcoupe
Zilvia Member

snorkelcoupe is making a name for him/her selfsnorkelcoupe is making a name for him/her selfsnorkelcoupe is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by JM216S14 View Post
This is stupid why keep a wanna be sports car in the living room

I once went to buy a subframe off a guy a few towns away out of a car he wrecked racing, turns out it was the 1st fulll non production car (I don't know what you call it no real vin wish I would have got some pictures) Someone he knew was something at Nissan and procured it some how. Then the shit got beat out of it and wrecked scrapped Way cooler then this turd who kept this one in his living room.
Sounds like that should have been a crush car anyways that slipped through the cracks. Pretty cool either way.
snorkelcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 11:09 AM   #20
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5280VertDET View Post
If this story is even remotely true, which I don't think it is, documentation shouldn't be hard to provide.
since everything is documented in basically any and all court cases, I can guarantee you if this story were true the seller would have all of that information via a transcript of a hearing or a decision handed down by a judge (the ad says the judge ordered Nissan... blah blah blah).

since the owner decided to write a book on the story of the car and not mention a single thing about including any court docs from either of his two appearances, I call massive BS, just like everyone else. it probably sat in a garage somewhere forever, and he or she or it or whatever just decided to spice it up with a BS story and tack on a 100k asking price.

its cool to see some of these cars with such low mileage (not you mercury marauder). but don't make up some BS story about it.
Old 09-08-2017, 11:18 AM   #21
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Hold on guys, I just realized what's really going on here: he's trying to appease his wife. This thing has just sat somewhere for 20 years barely driven. His wife has finally had enough of this thing taking up space and told him to get rid of it. So he cleverly crafted this B.S. story and is asking a ridiculous price for it, so that when it never actually sells he can tell his wife "see honey, I tried but couldn't sell it, I need to hold onto it for a little longer."
LoSt180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 05:26 PM   #22
ixfxi
Post Whore!

I cant imagine spending say, 30k todays money... only to have something sit and rot away. Even if its not being used, its rotting away - anyone who works on cars knows that.

None of these guys who store cars make sense to me.
Old 09-08-2017, 05:28 PM   #23
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
Me either. Never understood the reasoning for never driving a car. Or trailer queens.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 05:37 PM   #24
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSt180 View Post
Hold on guys, I just realized what's really going on here: he's trying to appease his wife. This thing has just sat somewhere for 20 years barely driven. His wife has finally had enough of this thing taking up space and told him to get rid of it. So he cleverly crafted this B.S. story and is asking a ridiculous price for it, so that when it never actually sells he can tell his wife "see honey, I tried but couldn't sell it, I need to hold onto it for a little longer."
Or, the ridiculous ad is getting him a ton of free advertisement. Then when some one offers him a "low ball" near half the asking price, the seller calls the bluff, and buyer thinks he scored the deal of the century. $40k+ S-chassis sells, drift tax rapidly inflates, and wayne carini hunts a S13 next season of CCC.
[emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
[240sx] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 07:33 PM   #25
Kuma
Zilvia Addict

Kuma is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
"Every year the gas was drained and refilled..."

should read:
"Every year the subframe was dropped in order to access the fuel tank which, like all other S14s, is destined to leak"
Could have been drained via the pump access hole behind the rear seat... or he could have used stabilizer like everyone else.
Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 11:12 PM   #26
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuma View Post
Could have been drained via the pump access hole behind the rear seat... or he could have used stabilizer like everyone else.
you ever try that before? anyone who's worked on an s14 tank knows that the saddlebag design doesnt lend itself too well to draining, especially doing it the way you suggest.

besides, you cant stabilize fuel for 20 years. cars are just not designed to sit idle.
Old 09-08-2017, 11:23 PM   #27
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
I love cars as much as the next guy on here, but I'm definitely over cars just being stored away.

I'd respect this car a hell of a lot more if it were a rare color, fully optioned MT S14.

Even then, I wouldn't pay 1/4th his listed price. Stock 240's are only enjoyable for so long.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 10:56 AM   #28
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

here we go, here is something that could have possibly fetched 100k. the bidding has ended, but I wont spoil the final selling price for you. much cooler than that s14.

http://jalopnik.com/heres-what-the-u...day-1804998038

anyone else not care for tan interiors on black exteriors? hell I just don't care for tan in general.