Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 12-19-2017, 04:35 PM   #1
CodyG

Trader Rating: (0)
CodyG is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
RB25 swapped S chassis. No not that S chassis, the other one.

I was moving to college and realized my mustang probably wasn’t the best car to daily anymore. So I bought an arguably worse car. A 1974 Datsun 260z.

Someone had swapped it for an L24 motor from a 240z at some point and installed lowering springs and other than that it was completely stock.

So I moved 4 hours away for college and started daily driving the datsun. I even made some new friends that also drove shitty Japanese cars!

And then in classic datsun fashion the engine started burning a lot of oil so I decided something needed to happen. So I bought an L28.

Then my friend that owns the black S13 in the above pic made me realize that a built L series was something I wouldn’t have fun with and in hindsight he was absolutely right.

So I bought an RB25!

Eagerly awaiting its new heart.

L24 removed and tossed into the garbage pile and in typical hotboi fashion I painted my valve covers purple.

Then I actually started putting my car together. The entire process took me about a month and only cost me about $700 not including the cost of the motor.

This was the first time it had sat on the ground in about 2 months. So me and my dad immediately loaded it on the trailer and left for my house.

First time I drove the car with the RB in it. This picture was taken February 2nd so it had been almost 3 months since I had driven the car. The tan S13 is the black one from earlier in the post. He also painted his car at some point during my absence building my car. You’ll probably see a lot of pics of it in the background here. This entire time I decided I didn’t really “need” exhaust so I was driving it daily with the little 6” O2 housing pipe as the exhaust.

Then about 2 or 3 months later I got tired of driving around with no exhaust. So my buddy built one for me. I also got a nice surprise that day. We redid the trans mount so it had to come out and turns out I had a NISMO twin disc clutch already on the motor. Score!

Unfortunately I discovered the car really doesn’t like driving long distance the hard way.

Fully channeling my inner hotboi.

Then I got tired of looking like a lifted 1500 so I got some low parts. BCRacing coilovers. They had about an 1” left to lower in the front and 1.5” left in the rear. I plan on maxing them out soon.

At some point in this adventure I picked up a Freddy intake so I installed that to remove the gross looking crossover intake. Also I toned down my hotboi a bit and picked up a nardi classic wheel.

Then I just drove the car for a couple months and just had fun. But I decided to finally buckle down and fix some wiring issues in the chassis. So this is how it sits currently. I’m rewiring and tucking the chassis harness using a speedway 12 circuit fuse box.

I should be finished with the wiring in a week or 2. After that my plans are to install a Holset HX35 I had built with billet wheels for more positive pressure as buy a TIG at some point and build an exhaust manifold. Then I need to figure out how to fit an electric power steering motor to the car so I can cut the knuckles and try and drift it.
CodyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-2017, 07:47 AM   #2
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Vegetation suggests Eastern NC, amiright?

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 08:02 AM   #3
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I still want an s30. Jealous of the chassis. Not of the RB. Should be cool though.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 10:11 AM   #4
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
ugh those tire stencils and “vortex generators” ��
Old 12-21-2017, 11:03 AM   #5
feito
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Looks like a nice and solid chassis. Dont fuck it up, please.
Old 12-21-2017, 03:19 PM   #6
CodyG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
Yep! Wilmington NC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
ugh those tire stencils and “vortex generators” ��
Really? I can totally see why someone wouldn’t like the tire letters but why the vortex generators?
Old 12-21-2017, 03:45 PM   #7
slidewayz240
Zilvia Member

slidewayz240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Remember when we both had running rb cars?.. Good times...
Old 12-22-2017, 06:27 AM   #8
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyG View Post
Yep! Wilmington NC.
I'm getting too good at this, lol
I am in west/central NC, Greensboro

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 06:42 AM   #9
Almighty So
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
Almighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
LOL impressive

Cool s-body! Not seen very often in Chicago.
Almighty So is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 08:05 AM   #10
tuzzio
Post Whore!

tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyG View Post
but why the vortex generators?
If you want to be a subaru or evo guy, this isn't the chassis to do it.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 10:21 AM   #11
CodyG

Fresh update.

Before and after ready to be taped.

Wiring harness fully taped and ready to go back in the car.

Finally got my car running and hit up the local cars and coffee event with some friends and we got some photos afterwards.

I found some cheap Jeep JK headlights on eBay and found the perfect opportunity to create angry eyes >

And courtesy of YAJ I picked up 2 RS Watanabes so I wrapped them in the Nitto NT01s I had sitting in my living room, I’m sure some people will be glad to see the tire letters gone at least. Not sure what wheels I want for the front but I’m eyeing some VS-KFs on YAJ right now for cheap.

I think my next plans are to purchase a TIG and start learning how to weld. I’m also planning on rolling my fenders a little bit and lowering my car enough to be satisfied with the ride height.
Old 02-10-2018, 03:23 PM   #12
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Please don't put VSKFs on this car
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 07:18 PM   #13
LaMaR-
Leaky Injector

LaMaR- is an unknown quantity at this point
can we talk more about that tan s13 and its lack of running...
LaMaR- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 08:05 PM   #14
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
Please don't put VSKFs on this car
Word. Watanabes all around or gtfo.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 11:19 PM   #15
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
paint it black, remove stickers... and yes get watanabe's all around

engine build looks good from here.
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 11:50 AM   #16
boostzilla
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
boostzilla is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Dope !!!!!!!!!
boostzilla is offline   Reply With Quote