Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-15-2014, 09:48 AM   #1
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
S14 owners with NAVAN side skirts

Just wondering how you guys secured the side skirts?

I noticed the mounting holes in the rear do not line up on my kouki wheel wells at all.

Should I drill them?

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2014, 10:06 AM   #2
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
I did.....

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 11:55 AM   #3
SilviaSR20DET
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (9)
SilviaSR20DET is making a name for him/her selfSilviaSR20DET is making a name for him/her selfSilviaSR20DET is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
3m outdoor tape, drill the rears and use oem screws for the front (the ones that were used for your fender lining). Mine holds up great.
SilviaSR20DET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 06:37 PM   #4
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
I made plates for mine out of some aluminum flat stock and rivnuts for the rear to use the OE holes. Like the others have said, you can use some self tapping screws to secure them. I also used said rivnuts to attach the lower brackets to the body with the OE holes at the front for the fender liners.
Old 05-15-2014, 06:52 PM   #5
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
If you guys could post pics that would be great.

Old 05-15-2014, 07:03 PM   #6
jr_ss
Post Whore!

jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Here:

Old 05-15-2014, 07:32 PM   #7
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
~ informative ~
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 07:40 PM   #8
DreamN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
Rear side skirts on all s-chassis seem to mount with brackets that pretty sandwich the fender wall. I did something similar to what jr_ss did with my S13 skirts.

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
DreamN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 05:21 AM   #9
eek
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (29)
eek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamN View Post
Rear side skirts on all s-chassis seem to mount with brackets that pretty sandwich the fender wall. I did something similar to what jr_ss did with my S13 skirts.
Yup, its the same clip used on the rear oem valences and the kouki side skirts. Its been awhile but I remember you can order them from dealer.
You need #4 in the picture. 1 for each side. They are like $2.00 each.

eek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 11:21 PM   #10
crozzover69
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
crozzover69 is making his/her stupidity well-knowncrozzover69 is making his/her stupidity well-knowncrozzover69 is making his/her stupidity well-knowncrozzover69 is making his/her stupidity well-knowncrozzover69 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
Yup, its the same clip used on the rear oem valences and the kouki side skirts.

Mind spoon feeding us the Nissan PN for this? I was actually looking into securing the rear part of my Type X Sideskirts as well. This seems like a viable option
crozzover69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 01:26 AM   #11
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by crozzover69 View Post
mind spoon feeding us the nissan pn for this? I was actually looking into securing the rear part of my type x sideskirts as well. This seems like a viable option
01241-00841
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 11:15 PM   #12
crozzover69
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
crozzover69 is making his/her stupidity well-knowncrozzover69 is making his/her stupidity well-knowncrozzover69 is making his/her stupidity well-knowncrozzover69 is making his/her stupidity well-knowncrozzover69 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Sweet! Thank you sir
crozzover69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 12:19 AM   #13
DIENOW
Zilvia Member

DIENOW is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by crozzover69 View Post
Mind spoon feeding us the Nissan PN for this? I was actually looking into securing the rear part of my Type X Sideskirts as well. This seems like a viable option
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
01241-00841
Was so excited to see this, till i saw the price for shipping was (on most sites) about $12.00 to me!

Anyone know a place where i can also get these, but not pay such a lame price for shipping?
DIENOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 12:57 AM   #14
DreamN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
local dealer?

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
DreamN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 01:45 AM   #15
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
I have these j clips on order. I'll post pics when they come in.
Old 05-22-2014, 02:04 AM   #16
DIENOW
Zilvia Member

DIENOW is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamN View Post
local dealer?
will go tomorrow...lol.
DIENOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 10:08 AM   #17
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

What all did you guys buy? My car is an SE, but I have none of the OEM hardware. I was gonna buy all of it. I assume it's like $100 per side

Old 05-22-2014, 05:21 PM   #18
az_240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (41)
az_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Send a message via AIM to az_240
If you want to do it right you'd get these
http://www.courtesyparts.com/76500j-...-p-138684.html
and these
http://www.courtesyparts.com/76897ea...-p-138694.html
and these
http://www.courtesyparts.com/78910b-...-p-138697.html
and these
http://www.courtesyparts.com/63830ea...-p-138679.html
and some screws like jr_ss posted in his first pic

Or just use double sided and screws on the ends and hope it holds.
az_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 05:34 PM   #19
jr_ss
Post Whore!

The skirts also have mounts on the lower portion. I didn't post a picture of these but they can be attached by sheet metal screws directly into the body or installing rivnuts like I used on those small plates and bolting them on.
Old 05-22-2014, 09:23 PM   #20
eek
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (29)
eek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post
What all did you guys buy? My car is an SE, but I have none of the OEM hardware. I was gonna buy all of it. I assume it's like $100 per side
Well you assumed before you actually looked... Anyhow its not that expensive, you can go to your local dealer and order the parts. I have a base model and I just used the clips and screws from the dealer along with 2x tape after cleaning both surfaces very well.

You can use rivnuts or which ever way you want to secure it. I just like using oem stuff when available.
eek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 10:45 PM   #21
iHateMySilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (30)
iHateMySilvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
are these or something like it available for purchase?

NaVanBrosガレ​​ージLtd,Co.
iHateMySilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 01:29 PM   #22
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

I got my clips from the dealership. Its not exactly the same clip. However, the differences shouldn't affect mounting. They came with a plastic insert which can easily be removed.

Last edited by Agamemnon; 09-08-2017 at 08:19 PM..
Old 06-02-2014, 12:36 PM   #23
O$mo
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
O$mo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
Well you assumed before you actually looked... Anyhow its not that expensive, you can go to your local dealer and order the parts. I have a base model and I just used the clips and screws from the dealer along with 2x tape after cleaning both surfaces very well.

You can use rivnuts or which ever way you want to secure it. I just like using oem stuff when available.
mind telling me the PNs for them and pictures
Old 06-09-2014, 11:51 PM   #24
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

So I had a chance to try out the j-nuts and did a test fit with my NAVAN skirts. The J-nuts fit the the quarter panels perfectly. Make sure you use #12 sized metal body screw with the large sized head/washer to help distribute the clamp load across the skirt.

I also used new grommets in the front fenders because my old ones where beat to hell. I used an aftermarket company that sells a pack of 25 for about $15. This comes in handy for the rest of the front end. Other parts of the fenders use these grommets to secure them and keep them straight.

As you can see, with the new grommets in the front and the Kouki J-nuts in quarter panels the skirts mount perfectly and hug the body of the car even without the need for 3M body tape. 3M tape is still needed for final installation. Take a look at some pics I took. Sorry about the lighting.

Last edited by Agamemnon; 09-08-2017 at 08:23 PM..
Old 06-10-2014, 12:46 PM   #25
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Looks nice. I need to get on this.

Mine are still secured with zipties. No problems yet tho.

Old 06-10-2014, 01:25 PM   #26
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
brilliant...............
Old 06-11-2014, 12:31 AM   #27
dhnedgj

dhnedgj is an unknown quantity at this point
Anyone know a place where i can also get these, but not pay such a lame price for shipping?
dhnedgj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 04:06 AM   #28
moebiius
Zilvia Member

moebiius is an unknown quantity at this point
^^^eBay

Agamemnon, you seem to have this in the bag...mind elaborating the names of the parts corresponding with the numbers in the scanned pic up top? It seems that Au-Ve-Co has all the parts...found this on eBay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/au-ve-co-u-t...item2a13e03a11
are these the #9 pieces that you refer to J nuts?

can we get a list going with the amounts needed for a set to put it together if you don't mind, it will benefit me and the rest of us, I don't read japanese and there doesn't seem to be a definitive thread that lists how many of what part and/or a comparable part associated with it such as your grommets from Au-Ve-Co part number 20764 which I found...also I don't know what part goes into what area for that matter...can you help out or point out where there is a proper diagram to where which part goes...nissan diagrams are kind of vague. Thank you kindly
Ken
moebiius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 08:28 AM   #29
delado
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
delado is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by moebiius View Post
^^^eBay

Agamemnon, you seem to have this in the bag...mind elaborating the names of the parts corresponding with the numbers in the scanned pic up top? It seems that Au-Ve-Co has all the parts...found this on eBay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/au-ve-co-u-t...item2a13e03a11
are these the #9 pieces that you refer to J nuts?

can we get a list going with the amounts needed for a set to put it together if you don't mind, it will benefit me and the rest of us, I don't read japanese and there doesn't seem to be a definitive thread that lists how many of what part and/or a comparable part associated with it such as your grommets from Au-Ve-Co part number 20764 which I found...also I don't know what part goes into what area for that matter...can you help out or point out where there is a proper diagram to where which part goes...nissan diagrams are kind of vague. Thank you kindly
Ken
you guys are overthinking this shit waaaaay to much. Nissan diagrams are not vague. The part numbers are posted. Stop asking shit that's already been answered with posts above yours
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviaks2nr View Post
That's because everyone with a zenki feels sorry for themselves and they find commonality in the fact that there's no hope for making them look remotely good.
delado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 01:21 PM   #30
moebiius
Zilvia Member

moebiius is an unknown quantity at this point
I see that the part numbers are posted, the main intent of my asking Agamemnon or anyone that would/could help is to see if we could find alternatives because of, well to me, at least two reasons: 1-sometimes the stop selling that part, or 2-$5 on a piece of plastic (same as china made and don't tell me its better quality, sometimes it is but most of the time it is not) Anyhow, if we do not know what something is properly called, we ask by numbers from diagrams, 50/50 its gonna be special order---and at the behest of saving time and possibly not able to return such items, its not smart to not know the proper names. Nissan diagrams are not clear to some people, maybe to you. ..the reason why i said this is because I've got OCD, the correct bolt, screw, retainer, and /or whatever else needs to be in its proper place, not a comparable size or looking one....needs to be pretty close. I have Ultramate, Alldata, OnDemand, Techstream, HDS, Consult 3 plus....u think any of them gonna specify what sizes the nut or bolt is? No, just a picture, fasteners pretty much look the same on the diagrams too because they have similar functions in the diagrams. I've been to Nissan dealerships where EVEN the parts guy complains that their diagrams are shit compared to the Honda or Toyota diagrams (mind u you, they're not that much better). Anyhow, if your almighty ass does not want to contribute, no disrespect, but bro, STFU, Let us get help from some one who wants to help and not pounce on shit when it resembles a wanna be spooning...just asking for the proper names of the parts in order to "search" can't search if u don't know what it's called. Since I've got OCD so everything needs to be OEM so i will pay, however this is both, for me and people who would like alternatives just in case the part is discontinued i.e. just a finger length vacuum tube I needed...Nissan knows that part is gonna crack, charges $12 for it and now tells me it's discontinued and so the dealer tells me to go the local auto parts store for the part, and even then the local auto guys don't have it.... Oh really?....so even that scan up top doesn't show which retainer goes where, and I'm sure ur gonna say it's self explanatory, i would still like to see what part goes to where...
anyhow if you're gonna help---Help; me and everyone interested would appreciate it, pull that hamster outta ur ass, not everyone is less critical as u when it comes to diagrams...even Crimson Rocket mixed up part numbers on a Nissan diagram, and he was adamant about it being correct, ur ass has no input here, then please keep stepping, we dont want ur two cents. No disrespect, I've always liked your car but lay off bro, go police the other threads where there's bickering and off topic posts.

Thank you kindly ,
Ken

Last edited by moebiius; 12-27-2014 at 11:46 PM..
moebiius is offline   Reply With Quote