Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 09-29-2016, 12:02 PM   #1
Bir9s

Trader Rating: (0)
Bir9s is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Koguchi Power S13 Build

Hey Guys, I am new to Zilvia so before I get into this build thread, I will tell you all a little bit about myself. My name is Justin and I am 19 years old, and was born in Tennessee, but currently reside in California. I earned my Love from Japanese cars (especially S-Chassis), in late 2012, and have been through a few chassis since, but thought I would make a build thread on my newest one..

So I originally had a BMW E36 318i Sedan. Clean car, 5-Speed, Rebuilt Motor, Leather Interior, etc.. Had it's issues but nothing serious. Got into the Market to Trade for a Miata, but got offered a pretty beat S13.

It was a 1990' with a Single cam, with 125K On it, Chassis was 180k. One quarter Panel Was cut up for Overfenders/Flares. Car has ZERO Rust! The Frame rails were not the prettiest, but aren't bad either. Came with little to no interior in it. It was basically a really cheap beater. I straight traded my E36 318i and a pair of RPF1's and I was now the owner of another S13. The car had Front Coilovers, an Aftermarket Steering Wheel, Short Shifter, and various other parts.

The day After I begun sanding the car down and getting it ready to be primered. I took some advice from Joe Ayala from Tandem Of Die on my approach to prepping this car for paint, and I couldn't be much happier with the result!

Step 1: 320 Wetsand The Whole Car to get to the first stage of paint, without hitting the metal.
Step 2: Primer it up for a base coat.
step 3: Sand it again with 320 Grit for a smooth surface.

In no means did this come out perfect, but for spray can I was pretty happy with the result. It wasn't completely done in this photo.

Sanded down the rear overfenders a little bit and taped them up for a rough mock up. Here is what it was looking like.

Rears Installed.

Here is a photo of the Front Fenders installed, for the most part.I only had a few more spots to bolt in, but you get the idea.

Started to clean up the whole car in general the following week, and my first approach was the engine bay. The bay was a MESS. Wiring was everywhere.A lot of degreaser, time, and patience, and this was the result. Overall the motor was pretty clean though, and to my surprise my Transmission was almost spotless with little to no grease caked up on it. I could actually see Silver!

The Hatch was next. This took awhile and still isn't done, but it has been started on. Here is a picture of how it sits right now. It looked as if the previous owner had let water sit in the hatch when it rained due to the OEM Wing holes letting rain come in. Color was starting to change on the paint in the hatch and building surface rust.

Me and my friend Traded a few parts. I ended up getting an Origin Rear Bumper out of it with Skirts. Skirts needed work to fit with my Overfenders, so For now I could only mount the rear bumper. Here is a picture.

Car sat like that for about Four days before I started working on it again. Got a type X Wing and Work VS-KF's. The rear VS-KF Won't be on until I relic them to fit, and the fronts are the same way, yet they fit with a spacer so I decided to roll of them for a bit. This is all the Work I have done so far and this is within a span of a little under a month so bare with me. I still have Z32 Brakes and more parts that will go on this week.

Ordered lips last night for the VS-KF, So hoping they will be here by next week. Expecting a package from Street Faction today so might update with the install of a few of SFE's parts on the car. Hoping to get the Lips soon so I can do a write up on Relipping them.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 14370391_10205332915881690_7073458544884779949_n.jpg (74.6 KB, 1 views)
Bir9s is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2016, 12:18 PM   #2
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Is that last pic how far along the build is?
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote