Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 12-19-2017, 12:01 AM   #1
Bryaaansw

Trader Rating: (0)
Bryaaansw is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Wheel hop / shaking issue

I’m hoping someone one here can help me solve this problem. I have a s13 hatchback with a sr20det and if I try and burnout it’ll shake bad what I think may be wheel hop. Example. If I try and do a burnout the car won’t do a clean burnout like it used to. The shifter violently shakes and shakes the whole car. Also say I take off from first and spin tire it won’t shake but once I throw it into second it does the same thing shakes the shifter and the whole car and sounds like it’s wheel hopping. But if I’m sliding the car sideways it won’t shake. It does perfectly fine donuts and can slide a corner. The day I noticed it may have been the day I messed something up or broke something. I took it to the local drag strip for shits n giggles and launched it at launch control. Which was set at 5,300 rpm. Yea kinda dumb I guess but I didn’t think much of it at the time. Anyway I just want do nice clean fun burnouts again.

Okay now to the things that I’ve changed to try n fix this problem. I’ve changed my subframe bushings with ES poly bushings. Isr suspension arms. Controls arm bushings and ball joint. New axles. Swapped diffs with a friend. One piece steel driveshaft. Clutch and flywheel. Transmission mount. Motor mounts.
Bryaaansw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-2017, 07:51 PM   #2
hdub253

hdub253 is an unknown quantity at this point
Do you have aftermarket wheels? Is the hub bore different from stock?
hdub253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 08:38 PM   #3
mechanicalmoron
Zilvia FREAK!

mechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nice
If you think you caused it with your "launch", it's clutch chatter. You can break it back in. (or not, if it's doing it when you're off the pedal)

If you have wheel hop (don't see why you wouldn't) think about your springs and struts, and rates or damage.
mechanicalmoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 09:15 PM   #4
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Try to get out of the wheel hop when it happens as it can get really violent and start breaking stuff.

Couple other things that could be causing this:
-shot bushings in the rear knuckles
-alignment is out (lengthening the traction rods on a lowered car can help with wheel hop issues)
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote