Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 07-21-2013, 05:44 PM   #301
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
Sup skater bro's.

I want to start skating, but I have no idea how to go about this stuff. Is it like a skateboard where I buy individual parts and build a setup, or do I get something complete? I'm been thinking about the Razor Genesys. I wear a size 12, so should I buy an 11 or a 10.5 in the skates and get a size 12 liner or what?
you can pretty much piece things together, customize things from the ground up.
where is your location? i'd check with either aggressive mall, inline warehouse, or if you're in socal, jon julio has Them Goods in santa ana, they stock his Valo brand skates, you can stop in and try em on. If you're in SD go to SDSF. If you're in the central valley, check out Bakerized in bakersfield.

Last weekend in SD, Beau Cottington put together the 2nd annual OG Bladers Reunion Jam. I shot a ton of photos, official edits should be out soon

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=8846ca32ab

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2013, 05:52 PM   #302
brndck
Premium Member

brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=8846ca32ab

and also Beau just dropped a new OG edit from the old guy crowd.

www.vimeo.com/70213881

Quote:
Old 07-21-2013, 06:16 PM   #303
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
Sup skater bro's.

I want to start skating, but I have no idea how to go about this stuff. Is it like a skateboard where I buy individual parts and build a setup, or do I get something complete? I'm been thinking about the Razor Genesys. I wear a size 12, so should I buy an 11 or a 10.5 in the skates and get a size 12 liner or what?
Building your own skates or buying complete is just personal preference. To be honest, 'building' does not really change anything about the boot performance-wise, it generally just means you get to pick the colors of each part.
If you are already decided on which brand/model you want, all that can really make a noticeable difference will be the frames and liners.
It has also become quite popular to sell skates as boot-only, so you can use whatever frames and wheels you want. A lot of places also offer custom setups, where you get to pick what you want on the skates and they will put them together for you.
As far as frame and wheel combos, there are three main types: flat, anti-rocker, and freestyle. Flat is when all four wheels are the same size, anti-rocker is when you use regular size wheels on the outside and hard little wheels in the middle, while freestyle frames do not use middle wheels at all. In theory, flat is best for rolling over terrain and going fast while freestyle makes it easiest to grind ledges and such, and anti-rocker is somewhere in between.

Here are some good places to browse:
Aggressivemall
Roller Warehouse
eRolling.com
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 06:18 PM   #304
imotion s14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
imotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Doi yall still get called fruitbooters?
imotion s14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 06:33 PM   #305
brndck
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by imotion s14 View Post
Doi yall still get called fruitbooters?
yes. by people who want to get punched in the face.

Quote:
Old 07-21-2013, 06:40 PM   #306
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Since this thread is back, we can start posting junk in it again.
I enjoy the way this fellow edits videos.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:00 PM   #307
EthanR
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
EthanR is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to EthanR
I never new about this thread until now! Been skating since I was 16, 21 now. Haven't been skating quite as much lately however. Been using Remz for the last 3 or so years. Hi :3
EthanR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 09:05 PM   #308
imotion s14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
imotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
yes. by people who want to get punched in the face.
I take that as an affirmative.
imotion s14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 06:06 AM   #309
brndck
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by imotion s14 View Post
I take that as an affirmative.
Yeah we were easy targets when we were 13, now that dudes have been rolling for 15-20 years and many of us are in our 30's, shit-talkers are likely to catch a beating. Case in point.

ONE Rollerblading Magazine - Lyle Shivak on the rampage

Quote:
Old 05-02-2016, 12:56 AM   #310
zlux

Trader Rating: (0)
zlux is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Any skater still in here? Started agressive inline backup after like 9 years... Still have my old Salomon ST Vinny Minton's... tried a bunch of new skates (M12, Aeon 72's, Xsjado) and hated them all.

So back to my old Salomon's which I just put Kizer Arrow Frames and 72MM wheels and i'm rolling super fast... no h block but I never was good at H block tricks anyway. Even though they can take 80mm *wheels* lol. I love skating I just hate being the only blader in the skatepark.
zlux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 10:19 AM   #311
brndck
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zlux View Post
Any skater still in here? Started agressive inline backup after like 9 years... Still have my old Salomon ST Vinny Minton's... tried a bunch of new skates (M12, Aeon 72's, Xsjado) and hated them all.

So back to my old Salomon's which I just put Kizer Arrow Frames and 72MM wheels and i'm rolling super fast... no h block but I never was good at H block tricks anyway. Even though they can take 80mm *wheels* lol. I love skating I just hate being the only blader in the skatepark.
east coast still has a pretty decent scene and there are plenty of regional facebook groups for meeting up and events and stuff.

Quote:
Old 05-06-2016, 10:55 AM   #312
Sway500
Zilvia Member

Sway500 is a name known to allSway500 is a name known to allSway500 is a name known to allSway500 is a name known to allSway500 is a name known to allSway500 is a name known to allSway500 is a name known to allSway500 is a name known to allSway500 is a name known to allSway500 is a name known to allSway500 is a name known to all
I was so surprised to see this thread. I used to skate years ago when I was in middle school and freshman year of High School, then as I got closer to getting my car, I started playing with race cars. I have always thought about getting another pair of skates, but I know at 30yrs old, my body cant take the falls like it used to, and to be truthful, Im kinda of scared to take risks. I still have my old USD Thrones with Senate frames, and Jon Julio wheels. I must say, I do still wonder if I can slide on handrails.
Sway500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 11:28 AM   #313
brndck
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sway500 View Post
I still have my old USD Thrones with Senate frames, and Jon Julio wheels. I must say, I do still wonder if I can slide on handrails.
post pix! theres quite a few facebook groups, including one called "blade trade outpost" where you can buy and sell gear, and theres some good deals on there too. I'm 34 and I DEFINITELY can't take falls like I used to, but I still try to get out there and at least roll around pretty often.

Quote:
Old 05-06-2016, 12:10 PM   #314
Sway500
Zilvia Member

Sway500 is a name known to allSway500 is a name known to allSway500 is a name known to allSway500 is a name known to allSway500 is a name known to allSway500 is a name known to allSway500 is a name known to allSway500 is a name known to allSway500 is a name known to allSway500 is a name known to allSway500 is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
post pix! theres quite a few facebook groups, including one called "blade trade outpost" where you can buy and sell gear, and theres some good deals on there too. I'm 34 and I DEFINITELY can't take falls like I used to, but I still try to get out there and at least roll around pretty often.
I'm going to have to try to find them. I still wouldn't mind having some USD Thrones with the 50/50 Juice System....OG stuff.
Sway500 is offline   Reply With Quote