Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 03-06-2015, 10:01 PM   #61
Super_OK_S13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Super_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Here are a couple pictures from MOTORAMA 2015

DSC_0401 by super_ok_s13, on Flickr

DSC_0355 by super_ok_s13, on Flickr

DSC_0353 by super_ok_s13, on Flickr

you can kind of see the pieces i cut up and screwed in place of the oem grille inserts that are cracked and impossible to find by themselves.
DSC_0354 by super_ok_s13, on Flickr

NEVER would i thought in a million years would i get ANY award next to some SEMA quailty built cars that were in the same Complex as my '91 240sx.. so... i guess proud moment for me (TOP 60 out of close to 300 other registered cars)
20150222_161936 by super_ok_s13, on Flickr

Last edited by Super_OK_S13; 10-27-2015 at 10:02 AM..
Super_OK_S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2015, 08:10 AM   #62
Super_OK_S13
Zilvia Junkie

Super_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud of
Not sure how much further i can take this car, as of the end of march the wife left and the divorce was finalized/paper work filed, so now i will have sole responsibility of the property/mortgage. funds will be tight!!

a little bit ago my friend logan got me out of the house and we went to shoot the car. i took my camera along to mess with it. here is a couple of mine,

DSC_0266 by super_ok_s13, on Flickr

DSC_0274 by super_ok_s13, on Flickr

My friend Logan took these---> check his face book page out and give like.

https://www.facebook.com/Photography.One?fref=photo

1962180_1170108689701569_5898431218703419864_o by super_ok_s13, on Flickr

11128503_1169686309743807_8478060326847081198_o by super_ok_s13, on Flickr

Last edited by Super_OK_S13; 10-27-2015 at 10:04 AM..
Old 04-19-2015, 09:25 AM   #63
rangerjavi
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
rangerjavi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Sorry to hear that bro but you're not the only one in that position if that makes you feel a bit better I too was in something similar to your current situation.

Being a Floridian is a birth right!
rangerjavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 05:42 PM   #64
burnsauto
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
Hey Man, just got back from Carlisle where we met and I got a good look at your ride, nice in person. Nice to see a car that isn't just good on a computer screen. I'm sorry to hear about the situation, if there's anything I can do. When you get a chance, PM me.
Old 10-02-2015, 08:10 PM   #65
Super_OK_S13
Zilvia Junkie

Small update. Nothing really new but Since I quit home depot and got a new/better paying job at the beginning of august. I treated myself to some goodies for the car..

New front lower control arms and DMAX Super Street coilovers. The 2 times I drove on them so far compared to my Tanabes are really really smooth and a lot lower.. the fronts are maxed out as far as I can make them go.

The end goal is to be flush front and rear so I may end up with some new front knuckles that have a slight drop to them..

Last edited by Super_OK_S13; 10-27-2015 at 10:05 AM..
Old 10-03-2015, 05:42 PM   #66
t's!
Leaky Injector

t's! is an unknown quantity at this point
i really like the dedication put into your car. makes me think you'll never get rid of it which is always nice to see!
t's! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 11:46 AM   #67
Super_OK_S13
Zilvia Junkie

THANKS t's! i think im at the point of no return as far as selling it... its my style and my art...

OK, i will update this with a post in more detail of the coilover and FLCA install even though its basic stuff.

I probably did miss a couple steps but having the camera on a tripod helped...

Here's a GIF i made of the first part of disassembly.

Started with the fronts, since i was replaceing the Front Lower Control Arm, i took it all apart.

ONTO the rears. since all i did was the coilover thats all i took out..

All the parts on the bench waiting for the new stuff to come!!

got hungry........

NEW PARTS!!!!! THANK YOU FRSPORT!!!!

Rears came with the adjustment scale stickers to put on

To The SuperOK! ガレージ

Re-assembly

didnt get any of the rear but i had to flip the RUCA because it was bindin on the coilover body..

picture of the car in the driveway. i need new front tires to go a hair lower and new slightly shorter front 326power springs will come soon.

Last edited by Super_OK_S13; 10-27-2015 at 10:09 AM..
Old 10-14-2015, 01:45 PM   #68
Hatemy7
Zilvia FREAK!

Hatemy7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Great build!!! loved it
Hatemy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 02:43 PM   #69
relaxamigo
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
relaxamigo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
LOVE the super streets, been drifting on those for awhile! Great work dude
relaxamigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 01:21 PM   #70
Z_Spool
Zilvia FREAK!

Z_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura about
Didn't see you mention, which flca did you pick up? Are these just OEM replacements, s14s, etc?

This car makes my pants tight... Just so you know.

Sent from my iPhone using Derpaderp
Z_Spool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 04:13 PM   #71
Super_OK_S13
Zilvia Junkie

its been a little while since an update, so here goes!

thanks guys!! z_spool they are just OEM replacements.

i bought an FRP SR Lip and will eventually get the Silvia skirts and rear spats to go with it, i'll probably just vinyl wrap them when i get them.

my old mishimoto radiator from 2009 wore a hole in the fins from the old fans being installed with those ziptie things that come with the fans; that go through the radiator and the fins hold them in place. so it was time for a new one with the bolt on fan/shroud kit from mishimoto as well. thanks to Nick at Elite JDM for the good price and FAST overnight delivery!!!!

my dog Katsumi approves!!

installed and functional

went to a cars and coffee meet that is new to the area. my friend showed up in his S14 =)

added some stickers to the back window

just a couple more will do down the road. no stickers will be on the body, only the back and no more on the front window and under the hood. =)
Old 03-27-2016, 07:40 PM   #72
yardy
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
yardy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I just sat and read this whole build. Clean, Aesthetic and Functional, a true build. I appreciate the time and effort you put into the car, inspiration at its best.
yardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 11:13 AM   #73
Super_OK_S13
Zilvia Junkie

short and sweet update.

thanks yardy!!!

floor mats from Garage Moon Power, and 4-point bolt-in roll bar.

SOLD the SC reps a week ago and painted my s14 se wheels, i will get tires promptly.

not sure what is next as i am trying to work on my house more when i have time, aside from working...

just mock up so far on the wheels, i will probably raise it a bit for better function and drive-ability.

Old 06-27-2016, 12:22 PM   #74
supersayianjim
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
supersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I need a link to that lip. and your coupe looks great, although those rear fenders need to be rolled. I'm glad to see a non drift damage coupe esp in pa.
supersayianjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 01:14 PM   #75
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Such awesome attention to detail. The TTT rear seat delete looks good. Does it rattle at all?

also, the purple glitter is the fucking best thing i've seen in a while.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 08:36 AM   #76
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
such a cool build! I love how clean it is!!!

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 09:11 PM   #77
Super_OK_S13
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersayianjim View Post
I need a link to that lip. and your coupe looks great, although those rear fenders need to be rolled. I'm glad to see a non drift damage coupe esp in pa.
PM'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
Such awesome attention to detail. The TTT rear seat delete looks good. Does it rattle at all?

also, the purple glitter is the fucking best thing i've seen in a while.
thanks! it makes the engine bay pop for sure, the rear seat delete doesnt rattle that much as its bolted fast except the center at the bottom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
such a cool build! I love how clean it is!!!
thanks yo!

so the truck is now out of registration and i fell into a good deal on an 05 Infiniti G35x from a neighbor. needs some buffing on the body to make the light scuffs and scratches go away and might need a respray on the hood and front/rear bumper. engine is super quiet and it rides soooooo nice compared to the truck and car. the only reason i bought it was it had a service record from 05-2014 at an Infiniti dealership from the one previous owner. only plans are tint, double din nav/aux stereo unit, and maybe a set of winter tires and a set of OEM wheels from something infiniti or nissan as summer wheels.

Old 07-29-2016, 12:23 AM   #78
Escape 240sx

Escape 240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
One of my favorite builds on here,The detail in the car is just crazy amazing gives me alot of ideas for my car. Hope to see more! Ka ftw
Escape 240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 11:12 PM   #79
mochimod
Leaky Injector

mochimod is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm in love with that front lip spoiler, mind sharing how to get one?
mochimod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 06:59 PM   #80
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
DJTTon is on the path to ruinDJTTon is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Where do you get stickers like that?
Old 11-04-2016, 12:12 PM   #81
Super_OK_S13
Zilvia Junkie

thanks guys for the kind words again! glad my build inspires.

i got the lip from casale designs on a whim.

i got the stickers around the internet and instagram/facebook.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sn3Vw6geUYE

havent driven it in a while and made it to the season finale cars and coffee lehigh valley a couple weekends ago. On the way back stopped at a white castle. (my first time there)

new wheels still need picked out.

top 3 choices are

1. rebuilt Panasport G7 C5C to 18", 17" could work too.

2. 18" CR kai Kiwami

3. Nismo LMGT2 rebuilt to 18"

Most likely will get a set of rear rocket bunny quarter panel overs for the silvia, dorki dori v1 coupe skirts/v1 rear spats, i already have the front SR lip from casale designs.
Old 11-04-2016, 12:34 PM   #82
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Dolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_OK_S13 View Post

Most likely will get a set of rear rocket bunny quarter panel overs for the silvia,
Not Allowed. Sorry Pal.
Old 11-04-2016, 12:51 PM   #83
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
hanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Nismos for sure.
Old 11-04-2016, 11:13 PM   #84
Super_OK_S13
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolph_KYAS13 View Post
Not Allowed. Sorry Pal.
Talking about these and molding them into the quarters. (Not the fender flares ) Don't feel like messing with metal work. My passenger side quarter pannel is filled with bond-o from a loooooong time ago so it's these or crazy metal work.

If I do end up doing metal work it will be something like this but I don't really feel like doing it... plus the rocketbunny keeps the body line unlike some of the others out there and are pretty subtle looking.

I don't really want any type of crazy kit on the car other than the OEM lip,skirts,and rear spats to keep the theme OEM+

Hanzbrady, hopefully I can find a set of faces for nismos, Otherwise panasport will do just fine. I like the look of panasport more because the nismos look like the Mustang reps I used to have minus the three piece design of them.

Cheers guys!
Old 11-06-2016, 04:14 PM   #85
ReedMann

ReedMann is an unknown quantity at this point
Great thread!

I like your idea of using paracord as an edge for the door panel fabric. How has it held up over time?

I live in NC now, but I'm originally from Carlisle. I remember seeing your car in person at a Performance and Style show a few years back. It looks great in person.
ReedMann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 12:55 PM   #86
Super_OK_S13
Zilvia Junkie

Reedman- thanks and if you are going next year come say hi!!!! i wish i could have found a slightly larger size, so it didn't sit too far in the groove and be not so noticeable. i eventually took it all out since i never glued it in place it kept falling out.

i did pick up a set of Panasport G7 C5C (from Stevino ) and ordered 2 new raw lips in 2.5in wide and im going to put the "rear set" up front and the rebuilt ones in the rear.

rears up front

i will be taking all the wheels apart and having the lips chrome plated when the new ones arrive. since i have an old working electric oven in the garage, i am going to powdercoat the barrels flat black and the faces either a bright silver or a medium-dark silver to blend in with the bottom two-tone color.

after or during that, the interior is getting ripped out for the oem carpet i bought MONTHS and MONTHS ago to go in plus getting the the front section of the bolt in cage bent up welded and painted. also on the list being shipped now is a pair of front 326power 12k springs 160mm long, and a new STRI Xline water temp gauge.

***also, i am going to have to find time to transfer ALLLLLL my photos from photo bucket to flickr since im not paying anymore monthly for it, so from when i got my nikon till now is all that will be seen.***
Old 11-12-2016, 10:39 PM   #87
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
The new wheels are going to make a huge difference on this car.
Good job.
Old 11-23-2016, 07:02 PM   #88
Super_OK_S13
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushido View Post
The new wheels are going to make a huge difference on this car.
Good job.
thanks for the kind words

Some parts started arriving.

Got a new quick release, Black Gen 2 with carbon ring. Already installed that pictures later when I edit the post.

New STRI x-line water temp gauge. Old one isn't getting a signal so I jumped all the wires direct (signal straight to the sensor and grounds/power) but the needle was only blinking, not moving. So I did a little research and tried an Autopower sensor (even the same NPT thread size) but still no luck. I just went off of the factory cluster for too long...

I replaced the front springs on my coilovers. 326power 12k 160mm length.

Also started by removing the lips and prepping to paint the faces and barrels. Lips and bolts will be polished.

Took all the wheel weights off of the barrels, tapped the faces out with a rubber mallet, and cleaned all the sealant off of the barrels, lips and the edge of the face that touches the inside of the barrel. I need to finish prepping for paint on the other 3 faces.

Also black friday, I'm ordering Dorki Dori skirts v1 and coupe v1 rear spats. To go along with that and since I'm keeping the car Two-Tone I have avery gloss metallic car wrap to do the bottom of the car.

Next week I want to go to my uncles metal shop and get tubing for the front cage bars to bend up.

That's all for now, I'll update as the other stuff comes in!

-Jimmy
Old 11-29-2016, 06:11 PM   #89
97nismo
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (53)
97nismo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
I kinda like the stock se's but I am an Oem wheel whore
Old 11-29-2016, 10:00 PM   #90
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
this car turned out nice... well done
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote