Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-15-2013, 08:29 AM   #901
2muchboost
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
2muchboost is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
I guess compared to the rest of the car its not lol. I absolutely love those rims and I am rather jealous of all of the Supra guys at the shop where I go that have them. Then again these guys are spending some serious cheese on $3k+ dry sump kits and $10k+ on 3.4 stroker kits. Take more pix so we can oogle at what a properly built 240sx should look like Once again, congrats she is a beaut and must be a blast to drive.
2muchboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2013, 01:56 PM   #902
krysknowles
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
krysknowles is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Thumbs up

Thanks man
krysknowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 07:22 PM   #903
slow92
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (16)
slow92 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Krysnowles, what kind of numbers are making? Do you have any videos of the car? Seeing cars like this keeps me motivated and held over until I finish my car. lol
Old 03-16-2013, 07:34 PM   #904
krysknowles
Leaky Injector

krysknowles is an unknown quantity at this point
Im in the Bahamas where it has really sucked for the past 3 years. Our dyno has been down and our track is still closed from being relocated. Its been street tuned tho and here are a few vids of it...

King's 180sx 1jzgte swap (Bahamas) - YouTube

#LocalFlava -TheKeeper - S13 - King Motor Imports - YouTube
krysknowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:32 AM   #905
sydwyz95
Leaky Injector

sydwyz95 is an unknown quantity at this point
i know that the stock det heads flow like donkey dick but has anyone actually tested the limit of them? i have been searching around to try to find the estimated limit but i havent been able to find anything at all.. Santos i know you got 600wheel out of your setup, do you think the head was starting to be a restriction at that point or if you cranked the boost up more do you think you could have gotten more out of it?
sydwyz95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:30 AM   #906
Yellow4g63
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
Yellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Yellow4g63

2literturbo's head flow numbers for his ported DET head vs stock VVL head.

95 240sx RB20 415whp
91 Nx2000 VVL yo
Yellow4g63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:45 AM   #907
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Now consider the same work put into the VE head and you'll see flow numbers in the 300's. I should find another VE head and get work done on it, but I'm buying a home right now and funds are tight.
Old 03-19-2013, 07:29 AM   #908
S@nt0s
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
S@nt0s is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydwyz95 View Post
i know that the stock det heads flow like donkey dick but has anyone actually tested the limit of them? i have been searching around to try to find the estimated limit but i havent been able to find anything at all.. Santos i know you got 600wheel out of your setup, do you think the head was starting to be a restriction at that point or if you cranked the boost up more do you think you could have gotten more out of it?
my limiting factor was rev limit. the motor was making power and was still climbing when we let off at 8100. I was on stock lifters and all only added springs. i wasnt at the limit but i was close. more boost would help but i was on stock sleeves as well. so who knows
Old 03-19-2013, 08:44 AM   #909
sr20s13abel
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
sr20s13abel is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
contact Mazworx - Home of the World's Most Powerful SR20s. From engine work to chassis to even full turn-key racecars, we can do it. Even though we specialize in Drag Racing Nissans and the SR20, our capabilities are broad. they have ported the det head to the max.
sr20s13abel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:32 AM   #910
Seraphim38
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
Seraphim38 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to Seraphim38
I just dyno tuned my SR20DET last week. The head was heavily ported, HKS solid lifter setup, stage 3 cams, GTX3076R with the smallest .64AR single scroll T4 turbine housing and we saw 459rwhp on 92 octane pump gas on a safe tune at around 20 psi before the Greddy R Spec intercooler. We had a couple more degrees of timing and was still slightly rich, so we believed that 480whp and probably quite easily 500rwhp was possible at 22psi on pump, and we were only spinning it to 7.5K and could have run another thousand RPM or more out of it if we wanted to. It is a daily driver so I didn't do a race gas tune and didn't push it farther. It started spinning the tires on the dyno when we hit 430rwhp, and so we did another run with 2 people sitting on the back and got 2 459 pulls and then called it quits.

The bottom end was a mazworks sleeved build. For comparison, the same car on the same dyno with a 2871 .73AR external wastegate housing at 18 psi did 342rwhp, and the new setup kills it everywhere. Full boost by about 4500 RPM and 100 more rwhp at the same point.
Seraphim38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:56 AM   #911
inopsey
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (21)
inopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphim38 View Post
I just dyno tuned my SR20DET last week. The head was heavily ported, HKS solid lifter setup, stage 3 cams, GTX3076R with the smallest .64AR single scroll T4 turbine housing and we saw 459rwhp on 92 octane pump gas on a safe tune at around 20 psi before the Greddy R Spec intercooler. We had a couple more degrees of timing and was still slightly rich, so we believed that 480whp and probably quite easily 500rwhp was possible at 22psi on pump, and we were only spinning it to 7.5K and could have run another thousand RPM or more out of it if we wanted to. It is a daily driver so I didn't do a race gas tune and didn't push it farther. It started spinning the tires on the dyno when we hit 430rwhp, and so we did another run with 2 people sitting on the back and got 2 459 pulls and then called it quits.

The bottom end was a mazworks sleeved build. For comparison, the same car on the same dyno with a 2871 .73AR external wastegate housing at 18 psi did 342rwhp, and the new setup kills it everywhere. Full boost by about 4500 RPM and 100 more rwhp at the same point.
nice numbers. post the dyno graph. did the 2871 setup have the same head work?
inopsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:49 AM   #912
sydwyz95
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow4g63 View Post

2literturbo's head flow numbers for his ported DET head vs stock VVL head.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
Now consider the same work put into the VE head and you'll see flow numbers in the 300's. I should find another VE head and get work done on it, but I'm buying a home right now and funds are tight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by S@nt0s View Post
my limiting factor was rev limit. the motor was making power and was still climbing when we let off at 8100. I was on stock lifters and all only added springs. i wasnt at the limit but i was close. more boost would help but i was on stock sleeves as well. so who knows

Wow! thank you guys for your help!! the reason i ask is because im shooting for 650-700 wheel with my current setup, sleeved 87mm 9.5:1 comp bottom end but i still only have a stock det head with hks stage 2 springs and 272 cams with a 6466 turbo.. Im not worried about the bottom end handling it just wondering if ill run out of flow with the head.. im not really interested in putting money into the stock det head because id rather put the money into the VE swap... I have a VE head sitting in my garage waiting to go on but its one of those if i can hit my goal is it worth spending the extra 3k on the VE setup? i finally finished breaking in my motor and i need to upgrade my fuel pump and injectors as im switching to e85 now so hopefully within a month or so ill be able to see what it will do, just tryin to prepare myself if im disappointed lol
Old 03-19-2013, 11:42 PM   #913
zurud
Zilvia Junkie

zurud is an unknown quantity at this point
What kind of clutch you guys use? I am tired of replacing clutch in my supra every year. I have use spec kevlar clutch and ACT ceramic clutch. All of them toast in a year. I am using Z32 transmission this year, last year the stock sr20det transmission output shaft snap.
zurud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:55 PM   #914
Slo_240sx
Zilvia Member

Slo_240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
krysknowles thats a bad ass hatch! I love the RTS wheels, I was going to get a set I went the cheap route and got the racestars.

Here's what I've been up to.. Almost done, I have a ton of wiring and buttoning up to do. Should be ready in about a month or so!

Slo_240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:34 AM   #915
S@nt0s
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Wow! thank you guys for your help!! the reason i ask is because im shooting for 650-700 wheel with my current setup, sleeved 87mm 9.5:1 comp bottom end but i still only have a stock det head with hks stage 2 springs and 272 cams with a 6466 turbo.. Im not worried about the bottom end handling it just wondering if ill run out of flow with the head.. im not really interested in putting money into the stock det head because id rather put the money into the VE swap... I have a VE head sitting in my garage waiting to go on but its one of those if i can hit my goal is it worth spending the extra 3k on the VE setup? i finally finished breaking in my motor and i need to upgrade my fuel pump and injectors as im switching to e85 now so hopefully within a month or so ill be able to see what it will do, just tryin to prepare myself if im disappointed lol
with that turbo, on E85
and solid bottom end crank the boost up and you will make that power with 35-40 psi on the stock head without a doubt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slo_240sx View Post
krysknowles thats a bad ass hatch! I love the RTS wheels, I was going to get a set I went the cheap route and got the racestars.

Here's what I've been up to.. Almost done, I have a ton of wiring and buttoning up to do. Should be ready in about a month or so!
too bad we might be heading to Barona this month for some testing
Old 03-20-2013, 04:43 PM   #916
Seraphim38
Zilvia Addict

for Inopsey:

comparison of my old 2871 to my new GTX3076 setup:

and for zurud: I have an Exedy triple plate clutch for holding the power. Still trying to get used to it, as it has so much grip that casual launches are really tough. It's like an on/off switch.
Old 03-21-2013, 01:05 AM   #917
zurud
Zilvia Junkie

zurud is an unknown quantity at this point
Damn, from stories I've heard multi plate clutch is like stock. I've been planning to use twin disc. Now I have to rethink. If it is on/off switch its not good in crawling traffic.
zurud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 07:39 AM   #918
S@nt0s
Zilvia Addict

i had a twin and it isnt that bad
Old 03-21-2013, 08:20 AM   #919
Seraphim38
Zilvia Addict

the twin is probably better than the triple. Triple disc is a bit overkill, probably.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:08 AM   #920
2muchboost
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
2muchboost is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Triple will be different than a twin. I have been in many SPEC Twin Disc and RPS Carbon-Carbon Twin clutch cars and they ride less harsh than my old ACT 6 Puck Un-sprung setup. The unsprung setup was pretty much on and off but you get used to it. The RPS unit is tits....literally about 5% stiffer than oem and grips like hell. If I didnt get such a good deal on my custom SPEC I would have bit the bullet and gone with RPS.

And I agree that for Seraphim's setup its a bit overkill. I have would only run a triple disc when looking at high TQ levels....like 900WTQ+
2muchboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:30 AM   #921
Slo_240sx
Zilvia Member

Slo_240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by S@nt0s View Post
too bad we might be heading to Barona this month for some testing
Darn I'll catch you next time for sure.

I have a Spec Twin Disc in my turbo LSx and like 2muchboost, if I wouldn't had gotten it for 500 (slightly used MSRP almost 2000 new) then I would have gone the RPS route. Spec charges around 800 to rebuild depending on what you clutch, whereas the RPS only is 400-500.

I was thinking about using the ACT because I read they held great but I heard its super harsh on engagement. I plan on dailying my car.
Slo_240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 01:27 PM   #922
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
How the clutches are built/strapped and what the discs are made of determines how they drive. I have had twin- and triple-plate clutches that can be driven like a stock clutch, and single plates that are on/off switches.

With LSx stuff there are TONS of choices that drive really well, from the ACT T1S-G01 that I run in my street/track FD and the McLeod RXT that is the next-most-popular choice. Exedy twin- and triple-plate carbons are great race clutches but not as streetable.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 04:22 PM   #923
sydwyz95
Leaky Injector

thanks for the help Santos
Old 03-22-2013, 08:30 AM   #924
S@nt0s
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
thanks for the help Santos

no problem, also we are running a Mclode Twin in my dads race car. over 3 years of beating it with passes,burn outs, dynos, launches and zero sign of slippage
Old 04-04-2013, 06:55 PM   #925
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
Not sure if this has been covered... But it seems like the S14 is the "go to" chassis if you plan on drag racing, Why/what makes it that way? I know looks is all personal preference? I believe i read something that the S14 squats better/easier then the 13? Is that true? If so couldn't you run a s14 rear subframe in a s13 to get the same style results?
Old 04-06-2013, 08:45 PM   #926
slow92
Zilvia Junkie

I figured I would share these with you guys. I finally got all of the polyurethane bushings and rear solid subframe bushings installed. So with that I had the time to put on my drag stars wtih mickey thompson et streets 26x10.5x15 tires.

Old 04-07-2013, 11:19 AM   #927
Oskirocket
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (32)
Oskirocket is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Oskirocket
^^Wheel specs if they clear z32 rear brakes pls
Oskirocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 01:22 PM   #928
slow92
Zilvia Junkie

They are summit racing's brand and can be found here: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/su...65ps/overview/

I think the previous owner said they cleared z32 rear brakes, but I can't remember for sure. I am going to run the z31 rear brake upgrade. If not you could run a small spacer. I am definitely going to need to roll the fenders and give it a slight pull. When I sit on the trunk the fender hits the side of the tire. There is more than enough clearance for the shocks and all of that.
Old 04-07-2013, 02:21 PM   #929
mr_eh
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
mr_eh is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by zurud View Post
What kind of clutch you guys use? I am tired of replacing clutch in my supra every year. I have use spec kevlar clutch and ACT ceramic clutch. All of them toast in a year. I am using Z32 transmission this year, last year the stock sr20det transmission output shaft snap.
Quote:
and for zurud: I have an Exedy triple plate clutch for holding the power. Still trying to get used to it, as it has so much grip that casual launches are really tough. It's like an on/off switch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zurud View Post
Damn, from stories I've heard multi plate clutch is like stock. I've been planning to use twin disc. Now I have to rethink. If it is on/off switch its not good in crawling traffic.
Quote:
the twin is probably better than the triple. Triple disc is a bit overkill, probably.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2muchboost View Post
Triple will be different than a twin. I have been in many SPEC Twin Disc and RPS Carbon-Carbon Twin clutch cars and they ride less harsh than my old ACT 6 Puck Un-sprung setup. The unsprung setup was pretty much on and off but you get used to it. The RPS unit is tits....literally about 5% stiffer than oem and grips like hell. If I didnt get such a good deal on my custom SPEC I would have bit the bullet and gone with RPS.

And I agree that for Seraphim's setup its a bit overkill. I have would only run a triple disc when looking at high TQ levels....like 900WTQ+
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
How the clutches are built/strapped and what the discs are made of determines how they drive. I have had twin- and triple-plate clutches that can be driven like a stock clutch, and single plates that are on/off switches.

With LSx stuff there are TONS of choices that drive really well, from the ACT T1S-G01 that I run in my street/track FD and the McLeod RXT that is the next-most-popular choice. Exedy twin- and triple-plate carbons are great race clutches but not as streetable.
I have an exedy triple plate in my sr20->z32 trans setup.

It was extremely difficult to get used to driving, I eventually did - still scared of sitting in traffic on hills.

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbut nas@pridemotorsports where the car was built recommended to me this important piece of information that he stumbled upon from gtr owners.

nismo clutch slave cylinder.

I had it installed last saturday and the clutch is pretty much damn near what normal driving is like... when you let off the clutch now the car starts rolling forward and has plenty of room to slip and get a nice smooth start going...

which doesn't really matter for drag cars but mine is a street car.
Old 05-07-2013, 12:51 PM   #930
lbkid180sx
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
lbkid180sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
has anyone have a write up or tips on installing a th400 into a s13? ... more worried about fitment then the atual install .... i have the trans mount for it but worried the bell housing is too big... car is a 1990 240sx and going to have a 500hp sbc 350ci
lbkid180sx is offline   Reply With Quote