Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-14-2008, 12:27 PM   #1
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
idahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to idahotuner Send a message via MSN to idahotuner
My gt2871r .64 makes over 400 rwhp!

finally got my car to the dyno this weekend. did 4 runs.
first was of the acuator at 10 then the 2nd was at 16 psi the last run was set at 20 psi with a amll spike to 24 right near the end of the pull.

here is the dyno chart.

stock block redtop sr20det

my mods include:
z32 maf
740cc injectors
BC valve springs
new valve seals
Bc 264 cams
greddy intake manifold
greddy ls intercooler
hks bov
megan racing exhuast manifold
gt2871r .64 turbo 52 trim
meggan racing o2 housing
top speed down pipe
3 inch ebay cat delete and cat back exhuast.

enthalpy tuned ecu. that i picked up on here that was tuned for the same mods i have.

i am getting ahold of scott to geta reflash and get my afr worked out at idle and cruising too.

i think i have a leak after my maf before my turbo. which i need to fix because the idle is fluctuating more then normal.

this is in my 93 s13 which i am geussing weighs i nat about 2600 pounds

Last edited by idahotuner; 07-14-2008 at 04:25 PM..
idahotuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2008, 12:33 PM   #2
SoguRacing
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
SoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SoguRacing
maybe you dontneed a reflash. maybe that leak after your maf before you turbo is what is throwing your car off. running lean. plug that up and see what happens before go out and spend money you dont need to. good job with the numbers tho.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:37 PM   #3
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

idahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond repute
thanks man. no i fixed the leak before we dynoed it. but it has just came lose again. i need to get some coublers that are fiberglass reinforeced for where the intake pipe conntects to the turbo.

and i want to get a 2 step rev limitor porgramed in if i can. i know he is working on them and i sent him and email to find out.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:49 PM   #4
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Great stuff!! What are the A/F's? Any other "hidden mods?"
Old 07-14-2008, 01:08 PM   #5
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

you can see on that chart my afr's they are better once i get under boost but before they arnt.

lol hidden mods? haha

i have an avc-r boost controller.

and i have no ps and ac which free up some power but other then that not really.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:37 PM   #6
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
thats pretty sweet 400whp and the mod list is small and simple

sigh
lflkajfj12123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 02:14 PM   #7
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahotuner View Post
you can see on that chart my afr's they are better once i get under boost but before they arnt.

lol hidden mods? haha

Duh right in front of me. What is that about 12.5?

Lol, yeah I said "hidden mods" cuz the retards around here don't believe those numbers to be possible on that turbo (I have a .86).

Thanks for the motivation to go get dialed in!
Old 07-14-2008, 02:35 PM   #8
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

thanks s0apgun. i have a few othe small supporting mods. but that is just the engine. i spent alot of effort getting the car to be able to ahndle the power.

obeewon: i agree tons of people say it isnt possible. and i have found 240 people are alot more conservitive then most other people when it comes to numbers and amoutns of boost they run. alot of other people are running 24 psi on pump gas witha gt2871.

i did alot of seaching t see what would work together in the same rang. and i am happy with this build. i met my goals.

the guys at the shop said that with and adjusted timing map and fuel map i should be able toget even more. but we will see.
Old 07-14-2008, 02:53 PM   #9
brn2slid
Nissanaholic!

brn2slid has made poor choicesbrn2slid has made poor choicesbrn2slid has made poor choicesbrn2slid has made poor choicesbrn2slid has made poor choicesbrn2slid has made poor choices
very impressive, we are in the process of a build with the same turbo.. good little turbos..
brn2slid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 03:12 PM   #10
reccakun08
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
reccakun08 is a jewel in the roughreccakun08 is a jewel in the roughreccakun08 is a jewel in the roughreccakun08 is a jewel in the roughreccakun08 is a jewel in the roughreccakun08 is a jewel in the roughreccakun08 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
nice makes me want a 2871 .64 again instead of the fp 20g.
reccakun08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 03:16 PM   #11
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

fp 20g is the mitsubishi turbo right? i liek garret turbos lol but then they are the only ones i have used. after i run this build for a while (like a year or so) i will go top mount twin scroll witha built block.
Old 07-14-2008, 03:48 PM   #12
RurouniMidnight
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
RurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
nice excellent numbers idaho, i just got my motor back together and running also and we have a similar set up, gt2871r .52 trim, 740cc, greddy intake, and enthalpy tune i can't wait to break it in and go see what i can make.

http://nightparade.wordpress.com/

Join in on instagram @nightparade
RurouniMidnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 04:05 PM   #13
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

thanks guys. i should have mentioned some where up there that thisis o nthe stock block
Old 07-14-2008, 04:15 PM   #14
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
yeah thats what makes it even more sweet haha

wish i could do that with a ka, but 300whp will have to suffice

i would just be happy with the 400hp, guys at the shop want more but i'd be scared for the block after 400hp lol

love this turbo
lflkajfj12123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 04:21 PM   #15
fromxtor
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
fromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fromxtor Send a message via Yahoo to fromxtor
This is very close to my setup, only I'm thinking about keeping the stock IM for awhile. I am not looking for that much power but, it's nice to know it's capable.
Old 07-14-2008, 04:21 PM   #16
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

a solid drive shaft is needed now though. cause i think my u joints are going out lol.

one thing for sure my big ugly 275/40 tires and HLSD sure get the power to the ground on the streets
Old 07-14-2008, 04:23 PM   #17
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fromxtor View Post
This is very close to my setup, only I'm thinking about keeping the stock IM for awhile. I am not looking for that much power but, it's nice to know it's capable.
yes i was very happy i went in there hopping for 380 at the wheels at around 20 psi. figuredi would get my reflash them come back and get more power. lol now i am worried i will geta reflash and loose power. but it will run cooler and be safer then.
Old 07-14-2008, 04:23 PM   #18
golfer17
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
golfer17 is just really nicegolfer17 is just really nicegolfer17 is just really nicegolfer17 is just really nicegolfer17 is just really nicegolfer17 is just really nicegolfer17 is just really nicegolfer17 is just really nicegolfer17 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to golfer17
nice. I need to see what I'm making with my 2871 (stock longblock and intake mani).

btw, what happened to the dyno graph?
Old 07-14-2008, 04:28 PM   #19
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

^ lol i packed the graph around fora day showing everyone. so i spilt some water on it and got some bbq chips on it haha. thats what those smudge marks are that i think your reffering too.

oh i was editing my post when you were veiwing
Old 07-14-2008, 04:54 PM   #20
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Why do you need a re-flash for? If you only need to tweak the fuel map a bit, just slap a SAFC on top to tweak it a bit. I doubt scott will change much to the timing map so no point of reflashing it. Also, curious what dyno you used...

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 05:01 PM   #21
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

well we will see here. maybe i will pick up a safc and just mess with it some i would lieka 2 step programed in though. i am waiting for him to get back to me about it.

the dyno used was a Dynocom 1800
Old 07-14-2008, 05:07 PM   #22
Brian W.
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (8)
Brian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Brian W.
ahhh dynocoms... you dont see those being used much.

nice numbers!
Old 07-14-2008, 05:09 PM   #23
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

yeah i had to chose between two dynos with in a 2 hour radius. and the other one wasnt able to put a load on the car. so i went with this one. plus everyone recommended these guys over the other place
Old 07-14-2008, 06:01 PM   #24
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

I ran my turbo at 22psi before I had an oil problem(not related) I would say 22-24 is the sweet spot. (.86)

This also shows how much more aggressive enthalpy is than JWT. I personally had a very bad expirience with them but he still does good things.
Old 07-14-2008, 06:06 PM   #25
rps13drift
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
rps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
I ran my turbo at 22psi before I had an oil problem(not related) I would say 22-24 is the sweet spot. (.86)

This also shows how much more aggressive enthalpy is than JWT. I personally had a very bad expirience with them but he still does good things.
WAT? local board member codyace puts out 400+whp with jwt tune and was one of the first to break 400whp with a gt2871r .64. JWT tunes are fine!
rps13drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 06:11 PM   #26
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Yeah, I know. Look at ACE's dyno and look at Idaho here. There is a clear difference.

Im not saying anything is wrong with JWT. But you can even go on Enthalpy's website and see side by side comparisons between the two.

There is just alot of juice left with conservative JWT tunes. Not knocking Jim Wolfe at all.

Oh yeah Import Intell was running 412 on his for at least a year before I saw Aces dyno, he also tuned a few others over the 4 mark.
Old 07-14-2008, 06:21 PM   #27
ross.cottrill
Zilvia FREAK!

ross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant future
Yeah im suprised thats cody hasnt chimed in on this yet.good #'s man should be alot of fun.oh by the way what exhaust mani are you runnin?

" NEO VVL BABY FTMFW!"

Originally Posted by shagspeed
Dude if I made 500WHP on a 54C SR20DET back in 1999-2000 with old school technology .. This VET will T-BAG your RB engines
ross.cottrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 06:21 PM   #28
ross.cottrill
Zilvia FREAK!

ross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant future
Nevermind...duh!!

" NEO VVL BABY FTMFW!"

Originally Posted by shagspeed
Dude if I made 500WHP on a 54C SR20DET back in 1999-2000 with old school technology .. This VET will T-BAG your RB engines
ross.cottrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 08:01 PM   #29
mjjstang
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
mjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mjjstang
I have the EXACT same setup but arc fmic, nurspec exh (not really going to make a diff) and I dont have the intake manifold, I can not wait to get the cams and bigger injectors in, my goal is 400. This makes me feel much better.
Old 07-14-2008, 08:04 PM   #30
honeybadger
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
honeybadger is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Impressive... I've never seen a dyno printout with shading like that..
honeybadger is offline   Reply With Quote