Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 06-22-2018, 10:31 AM   #1
Walperstyle
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
Walperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Walperstyle
Road trip to the US in august. Where to go? (middle america)

So, I'm heading down middle America with my s15. I was thinking of traveling from Montana down to Idaho then head east and make my way over to Colorado where I could Troll Norad. (pikes peak)

I'm curious if anyone in that area knows some places that I should throw on my trip (besides driving in the rockies; That is the primary objective)

Interested in Guns, Hiking, and Car/Truck places or shops.

Old 06-22-2018, 10:36 AM   #2
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
That sounds like an awesome trip, especially the transportation. I wish I had some valid input on where you’re going but that’s one part of the country I haven’t spent a lot of time.
Old 06-22-2018, 10:52 AM   #3
Walperstyle
Nissanaholic!

Walperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really nice
I went down for the Eclipse last year in our minivan, came back up through Idaho and Montana rockies... I was like "damn, I need to bring one of my sports cars down here".
Old 06-22-2018, 03:05 PM   #4
Bluejayde
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Bluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Glacier, Yellowstone, Devil's Tower, Craters of the Moon, and a million other wonderful places. Just wing it and have fun!
Bluejayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 10:57 PM   #5
Walperstyle
Nissanaholic!

Craters of the moon was awesome. Went around there the night before the solar eclipse. Took this pic of the milky way from within the cave at 2am.

solar eclipse pic as proof:

also got to hang out with the Air Force and Navy. It was awesome!
Old 06-28-2018, 11:27 PM   #6
Walperstyle
Nissanaholic!

Looking for any automotive events in august along the way... anyone
Old 06-29-2018, 08:39 AM   #7
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Not sure how far out of th me way you wanna go by Le Mans at Road America is Aug 2-5.
Old 07-06-2018, 12:38 PM   #8
Walperstyle
Nissanaholic!

Damn... I totally want to now. I could make the excuse to go to FL and ride the dragon down.
Old 07-06-2018, 12:40 PM   #9
Walperstyle
Nissanaholic!

also: I bought a R34 IG: Walperstyle
Old 07-08-2018, 11:05 AM   #10
Bluejayde
Zilvia Junkie

Bluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond repute
Grad you enjoyed COTM! I'm looking forward to a vacation to Southern Colorado in two weeks, gotta test out the new engine in my Forester XT!

Looking for recommendations of places to visit in CO; so far we have Royal Gorge and Garden of the Gods, then gonna drop off some resumes in Grand Junction, then meet some friends in RMNP for camping, hiking, and trout fishing.

Old 07-08-2018, 07:03 PM   #11
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walperstyle View Post
Damn... I totally want to now. I could make the excuse to go to FL and ride the dragon down.
Let me know. I’ll be there with a whole crew. Hell, I’ll make sure to have the best wings in Wisconsin there (like 5 year Milwaukee Wingfest Champ).
Old 07-08-2018, 07:40 PM   #12
gogriz91

gogriz91 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluejayde View Post
Grad you enjoyed COTM! I'm looking forward to a vacation to Southern Colorado in two weeks, gotta test out the new engine in my Forester XT!

Looking for recommendations of places to visit in CO; so far we have Royal Gorge and Garden of the Gods, then gonna drop off some resumes in Grand Junction, then meet some friends in RMNP for camping, hiking, and trout fishing.

The pass between La Jara CO and Chama New Mexico is beautiful as well as the run from Durango to Silverton then over to Ouray.
gogriz91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 01:07 PM   #13
crash n' burn
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
crash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Well....this just got awkward.

crash n' burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 02:29 AM   #14
xschylerx
Leaky Injector

xschylerx is on the path to ruinxschylerx is on the path to ruin
Not sure how far east you wanna go while up north but id recommend hitting rapid city sd and the black hills. its hard to describe the natural beauty with words; theres a ton of stuff to do in the summer months, and few local mountain roads that are pretty fun. theres a few local guys who shred pretty hard too. a few photos from my trip out there in june.

feel free to pm me if you have any questions about it or if you find your self in the omaha area!
xschylerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 06:12 AM   #15
SmoothBobby

SmoothBobby is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow! Such fantastic photos! Thanks for sharing!

By the way, just in case anyone’s interested, my contact is selling a few DUB Wheels. If anyone’s interested, feel free to PM me.

Last edited by SmoothBobby; 11-29-2019 at 05:03 PM..
SmoothBobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 11:08 AM   #16
Walperstyle
Nissanaholic!

Finished my trip. Pictures on the 240sx owners facebook page. Red Deer, Alberta Canada to Pikes Peak, to Deals Gap, to Key West. Over 5000 kms.

PICTURES IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER

Old 08-26-2018, 06:55 PM   #17
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Amazing photos, sir. Seems like you had a great journey.
Old 08-26-2018, 10:10 PM   #18
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
sigh... such a pretty car. there's no bad angle.

fuck you nissan
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 10:23 PM   #19
feito
Nissanaholic!

feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOROSUN View Post

fuck you nissan
My exact feelings.

OP, seems like you had a blast. you making me kinda jelly here
Old 08-27-2018, 10:35 AM   #20
Bluejayde
Zilvia Junkie

Hope you had a great trip, really enjoyed the photos!

Can't wait to check out your country sometime soon!
Old 08-29-2018, 05:39 AM   #21
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOROSUN View Post

fuck you nissan
Definitely the peak of modern Nissan design. Damn shame.

And yeahvrhat trip looked amazing.
Old 08-29-2018, 09:26 AM   #22
codyzsilvia
Zilvia Member

codyzsilvia is an unknown quantity at this point
This is amazing.
Old 09-09-2018, 04:13 AM   #23
Walperstyle
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluejayde View Post
Hope you had a great trip, really enjoyed the photos!

Can't wait to check out your country sometime soon!
Highway 93 between Banff and Jasper between June and September = the best.
Old 09-09-2018, 04:26 AM   #24
Walperstyle
Nissanaholic!

PICTURES ALSO POSTED HERE

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=83ee676e2f