Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2017, 03:30 PM   #61
Ciscog

Trader Rating: (0)
Ciscog is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Finally photos are available!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image1-2.JPG (230.7 KB, 204 views)
File Type: jpg image4.JPG (136.2 KB, 192 views)
File Type: jpg image2-2.JPG (100.6 KB, 191 views)
File Type: jpg image3-2.JPG (247.1 KB, 192 views)
File Type: jpg image3.jpg (273.2 KB, 176 views)
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2017, 03:45 PM   #62
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
That thing is a unicorn. Keep it original and in the garage.
Old 03-06-2017, 04:17 PM   #63
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
You got this for $500? You lucky sumbitch.
Old 03-06-2017, 04:42 PM   #64
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
extremely lucky.
Old 03-06-2017, 04:44 PM   #65
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Juucso is on a distinguished road
Guys, remember, never sell me something like this. I like to cut shit up too much to own something like this. Thank you.
Old 03-06-2017, 06:22 PM   #66
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Fuck dude. What kind of sick world do we live in? I'm in fucking Japan where all the clean S13s are overpriced and all the others are fucking beat and a RED, OEM MANUAL S13 pops up in the US. I'd fucking buy this before anything in Japan right now. Fucking pissed.
Old 03-06-2017, 07:46 PM   #67
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
great price & good car. unfortunate that it has a sunroof and a SOHC.

dont fuck it up with a shitty body kit. pull the SOHC and install an SR (properly) and be done with it.
Old 03-06-2017, 08:20 PM   #68
Ciscog

I am happy you guys like it.
Old 03-06-2017, 08:35 PM   #69
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
DJTTon is on the path to ruinDJTTon is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Whered you find the car? Where was it listed?
Old 03-07-2017, 01:58 AM   #70
djdryon
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
djdryon has a spectacular aura aboutdjdryon has a spectacular aura aboutdjdryon has a spectacular aura aboutdjdryon has a spectacular aura aboutdjdryon has a spectacular aura aboutdjdryon has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to djdryon Send a message via AIM to djdryon Send a message via MSN to djdryon Send a message via Yahoo to djdryon
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
theres more to building cars than building a motor for excess/un-usable power and then installing a shitty, over-hyped, soon-to-be dated fiberglass kit

no worries, adds value to the rest of the nicely built cars
Touche

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Old 03-07-2017, 02:01 AM   #71
djdryon
Leaky Injector

djdryon has a spectacular aura aboutdjdryon has a spectacular aura aboutdjdryon has a spectacular aura aboutdjdryon has a spectacular aura aboutdjdryon has a spectacular aura aboutdjdryon has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via ICQ to djdryon Send a message via AIM to djdryon Send a message via MSN to djdryon Send a message via Yahoo to djdryon
Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
always knew zilvia was a rough place, but to turn some dude from having full-on build plans to selling the car all together in 24 hours is something else hahaha
Hahaha so true. If he's planning something epic, though, it's the smart move. No use using that pristine car if he's gonna be throwing out 70% of the car anyways. A clean, caged shell is a much smarter choice.

Old 03-07-2017, 02:04 AM   #72
djdryon
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
Fuck dude. What kind of sick world do we live in? I'm in fucking Japan where all the clean S13s are overpriced and all the others are fucking beat and a RED, OEM MANUAL S13 pops up in the US. I'd fucking buy this before anything in Japan right now. Fucking pissed.
What do you mean? Japan has a TON of sick cars that were don't have in the states. If I was still over there, a 180 would be towards the bottom of my wish list.

Old 03-07-2017, 02:06 AM   #73
rawgarage
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (75)
rawgarage is making a name for him/her selfrawgarage is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 75 reviews
Please just sell this
Old 03-07-2017, 02:51 AM   #74
Ciscog

I am a general sales manager for one of the largest Honda stores in the country and a customer had it sitting in there garage. They wanted to get rid of it to put there new car in the garage.
Old 03-07-2017, 03:01 AM   #75
djdryon
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciscog View Post
I am a general sales manager for one of the largest Honda stores in the country and a customer had it sitting in there garage. They wanted to get rid of it to put there new car in the garage.
That's such an amazing find. If I had the money I'd pick it up. My 92 has 270k on the frame and still runs and drives wonderfully, but it's starting to have a few squeaks and creaks.

Old 03-07-2017, 03:17 AM   #76
Ciscog

Again my plans were to drop in a motor maybe a R34 but maybe it's best to sell it to someone else. I got it with intentions to build motor trans so I can SMS k around my brothers R8 with a 1990 sx cause my GTR has done it to often. I figure this would piss him off big time.
Old 03-07-2017, 03:27 AM   #77
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
Sell this one. It's too clean. If you're set on a project s13, there's plenty out there that are in worse shape. Then you can do whatever you want to it.
Old 03-07-2017, 04:21 AM   #78
Lees_Garage
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (66)
Lees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really nice
Feedback Score: 66 reviews
Keep it. Beautiful cars

@lees_garage
Old 03-07-2017, 01:32 PM   #79
Ciscog

thank you all.. I'm still doing research on the rb 25 neo.. seems like that is a good build. what do you guys think?
Old 03-07-2017, 07:33 PM   #80
Lees_Garage
Zilvia FREAK!

Lees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really nice
Quote:
thank you all.. I'm still doing research on the rb 25 neo.. seems like that is a good build. what do you guys think?

It's your car so build whatever you like, but my personal direction for that car would be a mild build, maybe keep the exterior stock (OG Paint, etc) with built suspension, ~400whp, and some nice wheels that fit under stock body. The sound of an RB is hard to beat, but it isn't the easiest motor to get parts for, etc in the states.

@lees_garage
Old 03-07-2017, 11:06 PM   #81
djdryon
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lees_Garage View Post
It's your car so build whatever you like, but my personal direction for that car would be a mild build, maybe keep the exterior stock (OG Paint, etc) with built suspension, ~400whp, and some nice wheels that fit under stock body. The sound of an RB is hard to beat, but it isn't the easiest motor to get parts for, etc in the states.
I second that. RBs are sexy motors, but parts aren't so easy to pick up locally. I was going to go RB25, but decided to go KA-T instead. Putting about 320 to the wheels reliably with around 20mpg.

Old 03-08-2017, 01:40 AM   #82
Ciscog

LEE that's exactly what I was thinking.... exact.. Found some shops like McKinley in California who has a lot of parts for the rb. What about the motors from Japan depot are they reliable? Going with the 25 neo manual just seems much easier to swap in with the motor trans combo. I guess getting that motor I could even build it as well as parts for it are not that expensive.. especially cause now I will be saving a lot of money without painting the car or touching the interior. 1JZ or 2j was an option but I think I rather keep the car all Nissan and not mix match body and motor. But doing motor stock interior stock exterior besides suspension and wheels is what I am leaning towards now heavily. Will building the rb25 get me power levels achievable of 500 whp?
Old 03-08-2017, 01:43 AM   #83
Ciscog

I meant JDM depot or jdm california are they reliable with there motors? They both have some bad google reviews.
Old 03-08-2017, 01:58 AM   #84
Lees_Garage
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
LEE that's exactly what I was thinking.... exact.. Found some shops like McKinley in California who has a lot of parts for the rb. What about the motors from Japan depot are they reliable? Going with the 25 neo manual just seems much easier to swap in with the motor trans combo. I guess getting that motor I could even build it as well as parts for it are not that expensive.. especially cause now I will be saving a lot of money without painting the car or touching the interior. 1JZ or 2j was an option but I think I rather keep the car all Nissan and not mix match body and motor. But doing motor stock interior stock exterior besides suspension and wheels is what I am leaning towards now heavily. Will building the rb25 get me power levels achievable of 500 whp?

I haven't had any personal experience with RB's, or any of the importers/builders, etc. Somebody else will have to chime in on that.

Another viable Nissan option would be a built dual cam KA-T or an SR with a CD009 6 speed. Pro's and cons to both motors that people will argue about all day.

@lees_garage
Old 03-08-2017, 02:20 AM   #85
Ciscog

Great info lee..
Old 03-08-2017, 02:42 AM   #86
djdryon
Leaky Injector

Quote:
500 with a 25 isn't too pie in the sky. You DEFINITELY should reinforce the frame, though

Old 03-08-2017, 08:11 AM   #87
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Found some shops like McKinley in California who has a lot of parts for the rb.
McKinley?

MCKINLEY????

hahha come on man, get your facts straight
Old 03-08-2017, 11:10 AM   #88
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
you are a fucking idiot

you really should not have that car. sell it to someone who is not a douche
I agree, sell the car to someone who won't screw it up with a bunch of douchey parts...
Old 03-08-2017, 12:39 PM   #89
Ciscog

Going to send the car down to raw brokerage to have a complete motor build and swap. I will also be ordering suspension parts from them and will do all that work myself. Before it goes down there I want to have all suspension done as well as the 5 lug conversion kit and will most likely sit on a set of rays wheels. When it goes down there they will build a crate motor which is on there web site. That is the plan and I will keep the body as is. No body mods will be done to the car nor will the interior be touched with.
Old 03-08-2017, 12:53 PM   #90
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
I'd be skeptical of Raw Brokerage after reading this:

http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=624300&page=4

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
Closed Thread