Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 01-21-2017, 11:16 AM   #121
EnvisionMore
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
EnvisionMore is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Please tell me those wire nuts were temporary. Looking good though!
EnvisionMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2017, 03:00 PM   #122
hellaslows13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (28)
hellaslows13 will become famous soon enoughhellaslows13 will become famous soon enoughhellaslows13 will become famous soon enoughhellaslows13 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RHDTWRP View Post
Damn sick built. Keep it up

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by idlebad View Post
Just read through the entire build. Love your work and part selection. Thanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austinx_DKC View Post
this build is quality. I dig! I need to come work for whoever you work for though, god damn!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malik View Post
nice work so far, keep it up
Quote:
Originally Posted by justchrisyo View Post
Should've sub'd a long time ago. Been following this heavily for a while!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxfromVA View Post
Hey many love your Zenki and subaru! keep it up
Thank you all for the kind words!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnvisionMore View Post
Please tell me those wire nuts were temporary. Looking good though!
Yes! I used the wire nuts to keep the wires in place while I was testing. I always solder and heat shrink any wiring that I do. I make sure to always test things are functioning by twisting with wire nuts before making anything permanent.

I haven't been wrenching on the car lately. Been busy with work and life, and also the weather is ugly here in California (It's below 50 and raining ) so I haven't had much motivation to be in the garage. Hoping the sun shows itself a little more so I can get some more updates for yall.
Old 01-24-2017, 06:05 PM   #123
I<3BEWBZ
Zilvia Member

I<3BEWBZ is a jewel in the roughI<3BEWBZ is a jewel in the roughI<3BEWBZ is a jewel in the roughI<3BEWBZ is a jewel in the roughI<3BEWBZ is a jewel in the roughI<3BEWBZ is a jewel in the roughI<3BEWBZ is a jewel in the rough
Might be my favourite build on zilvia. Keep it up dude
I<3BEWBZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 08:07 PM   #124
Arteeste
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
Arteeste is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Love this thread. I know you've been shooting with the Fuji X100 cam, my question is, is that how the pictures come out naturally, or a different lens or editing is being used ?
Arteeste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 11:53 AM   #125
williamjbrown93

williamjbrown93 is an unknown quantity at this point
Loving the build so far, its got me contemplating an sr swap..
williamjbrown93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 06:38 PM   #126
Mofuhcka
Nissanaholic!

Mofuhcka is an unknown quantity at this point
Still love the build, ps thanks for the Spotify playlist!! Super homesick here in the south lol
Old 02-11-2017, 10:01 PM   #127
Supraman127
Leaky Injector

Supraman127 is an unknown quantity at this point

City of God? lol
Supraman127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 12:12 AM   #128
rawgarage
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (75)
rawgarage is making a name for him/her selfrawgarage is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 75 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supraman127 View Post

City of God? lol

Yep love that movie!
rawgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 11:05 AM   #129
hellaslows13
Zilvia Addict

hellaslows13 will become famous soon enoughhellaslows13 will become famous soon enoughhellaslows13 will become famous soon enoughhellaslows13 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by I<3BEWBZ View Post
Might be my favourite build on zilvia. Keep it up dude
Quote:
Originally Posted by williamjbrown93 View Post
Loving the build so far, its got me contemplating an sr swap..
Thanks yall! Appreciate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arteeste View Post
Love this thread. I know you've been shooting with the Fuji X100 cam, my question is, is that how the pictures come out naturally, or a different lens or editing is being used ?
Thank you! X100 has a fixed lens. I am using VSCO filters in post process specifically profiled for the Fuji.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mofuhcka View Post
Still love the build, ps thanks for the Spotify playlist!! Super homesick here in the south lol
Thanks homie! I'm glad you like that playlist. I spent alot of time on the computer at work so I enjoy curating different playlists on spotify.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supraman127 View Post
Yeap! Awesome movie and even more awesome wallpaper.

Hoping to have some updates soon... weather hasn't been the best. Car is almost ready to be driven on the street legally... hoping to put some miles on the car and get some finer tuning done in the suspension. Paint and body work will be coming spring time. Hang tight! Thanks for all the love.
Old 05-24-2017, 11:23 PM   #130
hellaslows13
Zilvia Addict

Huge update... been super busy with life and work... here's what I've been up to.

Tahoe

Busted through a brand new Z axle... axles are way too extended with the maverick motorsports adapters. Need to get the getnuts/villiansdrift 350z axle stubs before I can run another pair of 350z axles...

Started tackling the new rear brake setup. Z32 rear rotors, new R33 cables, Project Mu drum shoes, and rear brembos calipers.

Cutting up the z32 dust shield

Cleaning and degreasing... I like all my parts as clean as possible

R33 cables needed slight modification. Had to shave off the mounting brackets since they won't work on the s14 (s14 has different ebrake cable mounting location)

All cleaned up and degreased
Old 05-24-2017, 11:30 PM   #131
hellaslows13
Zilvia Addict

Bolted down the R33 cables to the chassis

Laid down some flat black over the Z32 dust shields. They look so much nicer now

Since I had these laying out, I thought I'd get a photo of the difference in axle lengths of the Z33 350z axles for anyone who was curious how long they were.

Installed the Z32 dust shields after painting them. Continued to install the drum assembly. This was my first time ever installing drums on an s14. I was a bit nervous at first due to all of the pieces needed, but it wasn't too bad after I watched a few videos on youtube.

Decided to throw on the stock drum shoes to make sure everything was working properly. I took extra photos for anyone who may be tackling this install and wanted to see what it looked like assembled for reference.

Some new stoptech stainless steel braided lines for the brembo calipers

Everything all bolted up!

Decided to take a break and give my buddy a visit and pick up the PMU drum shoes he had for me. His FD is killer. Probably my favorite. Some of you might know him on this forum as Farkel (grandmighty.com)

His awesome dog Blu

Last edited by hellaslows13; 03-09-2020 at 04:45 PM..
hellaslows13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 11:39 PM   #132
hellaslows13
Zilvia Addict

Played a little fetch with my dog Chance

Resumed more rear brake work. Installing Project Mu Drum shoes. Excited to do more ebrake while drifting since I never had a working ebrake in my life.

The hypebeast inside me loves that PMU teal blue (can't lie)

Got the pads in... scuffed some of the blue paint in the process and cried a bit but it's ok

Made a spontaneous road trip to Oregon with my girlfriend

Completely failed to see Crater Lake. Also died in doing so. (long story)

At least I got some cool nature photos

After being on the road for 14 hours we were greeted with warm food by our awesome friends in Portland, Oregon.

Visited some falling water

At some good food... it was a nice weekend

Old 05-24-2017, 11:49 PM   #133
hellaslows13
Zilvia Addict

Got my Advan T6's back and decided to see what they would look like with my current look

Quite pleased... just need paint

Decided to give the audio department a little upgrade. Not too happy with the slim subwoofer but it should suffice for now. Eventually, want to get a nice custom enclosure done in the trunk.

Wiring the double din Sony headunit. Got some new wiring tools. I love getting new tools

Been neglecting to get the exhaust done so I figured i'd start but making room on the bumper for those ganador tips I got a few years back.

Bumper needs widening to fit both tips. Time to cut. I can feel my skin itching as I type this (from the fiberglass)

Got the tips fitted. Just needed the hole big enough to get the exhaust mocked and created at the exhaust shop. Will reglass the area later on.

Really diggin these tips!

Always loved the suede/alcantara shift boot I had in my last s14 from redlinegoods so I definitely wanted to carry that out in this build. A bit sad I couldn't find a used shift trim bezel so I had to cash out for a new one

Removing these little lock things are a pain because the plastic nipples are so thin and brittle.. I ended up breaking a few. BE CAREFUL WHEN ATTEMPTING THIS.

Have some super glue handy. It was helpful in repairing any of the broken plastic. Isn't amazing, but it works.

I am just not good enough with fragile plastic pieces.

Shift boot ended up being too long. I had to cut and sew for the first time. It wasn't too hard but I didn't have any crazy technique so the stitch job I did looks a bit amateur. It works and it won't be that visible so I can live with this

Honestly, not too shabby for my first time sewing. I should have paid attention to my mom when she was sewing shit.
Old 05-24-2017, 11:59 PM   #134
hellaslows13
Zilvia Addict

Got bored with the daily so I decided to "Stage 2" it.

Install went relatively smooth. Car makes cool turbo noises now. Tuned with a cobb accessport. Not an amazing tune, but will do for now. Have plans for headers, injectors, and e85 later down the line. Currently more focused on getting the suspension dialed.

Can't focus on one area of the car. Wanted to get the interior back together so I decided to do more work in the stereo department. Got the sub wired and mounted. It will be located under the passenger seat. It was a tight squeeze under my Bride Gardis bucket seat.

Attempting to wire in the JDM HVAC

So. Many. Wires.

Got tired and didn't get to finish the wiring for the JDM HVAC. Will need to revisit it in the future. Decided to go to a drift event so now I had a deadline to get the car semi complete.

My custom floormats arrived from Cocomats. I could not be happier . They are amazing quality and so much beefier than the DMAX checkered mats I previously had.

I did like the DMAX mats... but they were so common I didn't feel too crazy about them.

Also picked up welding! Me and Eric (Farkel) did a hands on welding lesson with a friend.

Ended up picking up a cheap Flux Core HF welded to try and modify an R32 passenger bride seat rail I had. It needed modification on one of the mounting holes. I welded a longer steel plate to the rail. Not too shabby for my first time welding! I love it.

Overall, I was very happy with the outcome. Eyeballed the hole and drilled. Then painted the rail with black paint and clear coated. Ended up bolting up perfectly! I can't wait to pickup a mig welded and practice so I can start fabbing my own things. Welding is seriously fun as hell.

Last edited by hellaslows13; 05-25-2017 at 12:51 AM..
hellaslows13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 12:07 AM   #135
hellaslows13
Zilvia Addict

Somehow ended up picking up a Kaaz 2 way with a 4.3 in it. It got stranded in LA on the way over from Chicago via greyhound because it leaked gear oil... The drive from the Bay to LA was about 7hours. I spent my entire Saturday driving to and from LA... it was not a fun day... Sometimes I think of all the crazy shit I've done for this car and wonder... was it worth it?

Stopped by this awesome Udon spot in DTLA before heading back home to the Bay

Resumed the stereo work. Installing the Infinity component speakers up front along with the tweeters. I didn't end up installing the crossovers because I got too lazy. Will revisit this later when I dynamat the doors.

Ya boy icedsole pwrmves stopped by in the bay. Took him around SF. Was a good time. Dude is doing some fly ass fashion shit if yall didn't know. His car is still in the works for some dope shit. Keep ya eyes peeled.

Dolores park, SF

Lands End, SF

Ocean beach, SF

Pete Wilsons awesome GDB impreza

Sunset over the sunset district, SF
Old 05-25-2017, 12:20 AM   #136
hellaslows13
Zilvia Addict

The diff made it safely back home. Since it came from Chicago the diff casing was caking in rust. Literally like 4mm thick of rust. It bothered me alot for some reason so I decided to spend 2 afternoons cleaning and painting it. I work slow and get interrupted alot.

Finally got most of the rust off. Laid down some rust treatment before painting.

Couldn't get all of it all with my wire brush...

Got the diff painted... ready to fill.

Fresh oil change before the drift event.

Andre (SFPaero) came over to give me a hand with some fiberglass work. He is a beast!

Not finished... but getting there. Andre killing it! Learned how to do some of it myself.

Can't wait till it's finished and painted! Super exciting to see my exhaust fitting up nicely with the rear bumper since it's been wrecked for so long

Got some TE37SL's and carbon ganadors for the daily...

Old 05-25-2017, 12:35 AM   #137
hellaslows13
Zilvia Addict

Got some engine dress up goodies. Yashio factory oil cap, torque damper, and Nagisa shakitto plates.

Borrowed my uncles Toyota tundra for the event and thought the brakes felt weird. Checked them out and also fainted from what I discovered. I almost towed 3 hours without brakes... spent the last few hours I had left before the event changing the brakes. Literally only got 2 hours of sleep before the event...

Got the 14 loaded up before the event...

Bryans hatch on the way up to Thunderhill Raceway

Butterflies... I haven't drifted in 3 years...

Ended up backing my car into the kwall after repairing the bumper and getting new exhaust made. Mangled my ganador tips

Loaded up after a long day. Even though I crashed, it was all worth it. Rebuild and destroy! Car ended up driving solid! Just need sticker tires up front. Can't wait to try some Advan Neovas up front for the next event

It was fun drifting with all the ogs (wolfreign)

Till next time! Might be awhile till my next update. Working on body work and paint. Hopefully will have some good updates next time for yall...
Old 05-25-2017, 01:57 AM   #138
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
enjoying this thread. thanks
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 07:14 AM   #139
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Excellent update sir- car looks really nice! Going to be killer when it is painted.

I spy a wild Garrett in those photos...

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 11:40 AM   #140
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Nice to see you're enjoying it out on the track! The crash sucks, but you're keeping positive vibes so it's all good!

I need to be less lazy and update the sound in my car as well...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 10:14 PM   #141
Will.
Leaky Injector

Will. is an unknown quantity at this point
Awesome thread mate, car looks amazing same with the shots!

i'll be travelling up to the states next week to visit and attend EDC LV!
Will. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 01:19 PM   #142
hellaslows13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malik View Post
enjoying this thread. thanks
Thank you! It took me quite awhile to take the photos, upload, and post so I am glad someone is enjoying my work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
Excellent update sir- car looks really nice! Going to be killer when it is painted.

I spy a wild Garrett in those photos...
Thanks Damon, I appreciate that a lot! Hoping to get paint done around September. Life has been hectic so it isn't a priority right now. Love seeing the progress on your car on instagram. Get those TE's back please

Daniel and Garrett were in the bay not too long ago so I played tourist with them

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
Nice to see you're enjoying it out on the track! The crash sucks, but you're keeping positive vibes so it's all good!

I need to be less lazy and update the sound in my car as well...

I had a blast! Hoping to do another one before I start doing body work. Crashing sucks, but it's all worth it when you are having fun. Positive vibes, ALWAYS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will. View Post
Awesome thread mate, car looks amazing same with the shots!

i'll be travelling up to the states next week to visit and attend EDC LV!
Thank you so much. Have fun at EDCLV and be safe. I remember my first time doing EDC when it was in Los Angeles God I am getting old...

Here are some shit photos of my interior... I will upload some nicer photos once my custom HVAC is finished by Toby Broadfield

Old 05-29-2017, 08:56 AM   #143
Arteeste
Leaky Injector

Arteeste is an unknown quantity at this point
Round of applause. Very tasteful build thread, always impressed
Arteeste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 11:24 AM   #144
coBBz
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
coBBz is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I think I saw this car on 880 without a front bumper a few weeks ago lol. Clean car in pictures and in person, keep it up!
coBBz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 10:46 AM   #145
koukizhang
Zilvia Member

koukizhang is on a distinguished road
One of my favorite builds, can't wait to see this thing finished !
koukizhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 05:18 PM   #146
hellaslows13
Zilvia Addict

There has been literally no progress on the car except that I finally got my HVAC back from Broadfield. Here is how they look.

Did get some things done on the subaru though...

Spent my summer focusing on work and did a bit of traveling. Hoping to get some solid work done on the car during the winter time. Basically focusing on body work and paint. Hope to update yall with some good shit soon.
Old 09-14-2017, 05:45 PM   #147
Flip2Flow
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Flip2Flow is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
That interior is looking perfect! Damn!
Flip2Flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 07:47 PM   #148
socalbmxr06

Trader Rating: (1)
socalbmxr06 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Wow. S14 is really coming along! Great job.

socalbmxr06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 12:23 PM   #149
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Very good stuff as always.

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 10:01 PM   #150
towlie
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (11)
towlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
paint ittt
towlie is offline   Reply With Quote