Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-30-2008, 01:08 PM   #1
jspaeth
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
jspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Bye-bye Heavy Throttle :/

Unfortunately, due to ~80% reduction in sales (probably from a lot of little bitches buying Chinese parts), they are going out of business.

Stop buying cheap Chinese SHIT!

Daily driven
jspaeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-2008, 01:11 PM   #2
luisgonz
BANNED

Trader Rating: (6)
luisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to luisgonz
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspaeth View Post

Stop buying cheap Chinese SHIT!
Like if thats ever going to happen. They will be missed.

I think most of the cars on here have that shit on them!
luisgonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 01:15 PM   #3
SoSideways
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I just purchased a set of Circuit Sport turbo line from them last month, even though they were out of stock. Jeff asked me if I needed it fast, which I said I did. He then gave me the option of canceling the order so I could purchase it from somewhere else that had it in stock, but I wanted to keep the order with them, because I've already placed my order with them and I wanted them to have the business.

Jeff and the gang are good guys definitely!

Helped the community along since the early days when the 240/SR movement blew up.

You guys will be missed!!

Edit - where did you see that they're closing? It's not on their site?
SoSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 01:16 PM   #4
dat411kid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
dat411kid is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
More and more of the official companies are going under....Soon we will only be left with knockoffs that dont give a shit about the car enthusiast but instead, trying to create cheap shit for a quick buck....
Old 09-30-2008, 01:24 PM   #5
Silverbullet
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (2)
Silverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Silverbullet
Quote:
Originally Posted by dat411kid View Post
More and more of the official companies are going under....Soon we will only be left with knockoffs that dont give a shit about the car enthusiast but instead, trying to create cheap shit for a quick buck....
Heavy Throttle dosn't manufacture anything. They only resell other company's products and i guess they do labor stuff too. Other online stores such as Enjuku just simply out did them because they advertised.
Go back to whatever Honda forum you came from.
Silverbullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 01:28 PM   #6
SoSideways
Post Whore!

SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbullet View Post
Heavy Throttle dosn't manufacture anything. They only resell other company's products and i guess they do labor stuff too. Other online stores such as Enjuku just simply out did them because they advertised.
Well, they were the first group of guys to come out with the "heater hose kit" for the SRs, as well as the AIV plug.

I think they were also the first guys to have the proper Gates belts for the SRs, before the OEM Nissan belts were near attainable at a reasonable price here.

So yes, they did in a sense "make some stuff", even though it was more like they made it happen more than anything.
Old 09-30-2008, 10:41 PM   #7
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSideways View Post
Well, they were the first group of guys to come out with the "heater hose kit" for the SRs, as well as the AIV plug.
forgot that they were the first to come out with the "heater hose kit" which i bought from them a few years ago to perform the surgery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
I dont think there has been anybody in here who never used their SR20 Swap guide. They were some of the OGs who helped make the SR20 swap a mainstream thing. How many people/shop other than them helped the enthusiast by sharing the info they have. They could have easily made money doing swap harnesses instead of laying out the info for everybody to have access to.
yea, i used their guide as well. one of the original pioneers of the community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.
FRpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 01:38 PM   #8
Zilvia FREAK!

0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbullet View Post

+1

HT was the OG's of the sr swaps, I think my first sr swap was using their online guide, but they are pretty much just a store and when the prices are cheaper somewhere else, well... Plus a lot of noobs aren't going to know about you if your not advertising.

TougeHero.com l SilviaV8forums.com
0100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 02:47 PM   #9
dori_sil8t
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
dori_sil8t is making a name for him/her selfdori_sil8t is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0100 View Post
+1

HT was the OG's of the sr swaps, I think my first sr swap was using their online guide, but they are pretty much just a store and when the prices are cheaper somewhere else, well... Plus a lot of noobs aren't going to know about you if your not advertising.

same here i still have the print out in a folder somewhere..
got a starter from them way back. great guys jeff helpd me with my sr and i havent even bought anything from them yet

unionautoclub.com
dori_sil8t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 03:05 PM   #10
ecuastyle84
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
ecuastyle84 is a name known to allecuastyle84 is a name known to allecuastyle84 is a name known to allecuastyle84 is a name known to allecuastyle84 is a name known to allecuastyle84 is a name known to allecuastyle84 is a name known to allecuastyle84 is a name known to allecuastyle84 is a name known to allecuastyle84 is a name known to allecuastyle84 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ecuastyle84
really disappointed to see them go...jeff is a awesome dude...been buying from them ever since i did my sr swap...sucks that it has to end this way
ecuastyle84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 01:21 PM   #11
smelly240
Nissanaholic!

smelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfection
get ready to make your own parts people... soon you'll have to.

I ordered parts from them years ago and it was a good experience. i make my own parts at this point... its better than buying the chinese garbage.

HREs on a S13 - check, 6262 - check, Girlfriend.... - nope
smelly240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 01:26 PM   #12
EDacIouSX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
EDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to EDacIouSX Send a message via AIM to EDacIouSX Send a message via MSN to EDacIouSX Send a message via Yahoo to EDacIouSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by smelly240 View Post
get ready to make your own parts people... soon you'll have to.

I ordered parts from them years ago and it was a good experience. i make my own parts at this point... its better than buying the chinese garbage.
lol i got some paper masche. trying ot make a turbo out of it.
EDacIouSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 01:28 PM   #13
luisgonz
BANNED

Trader Rating: (6)
luisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to luisgonz
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDacIouSX View Post
Sounds like zilvia group.LOL
luisgonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 01:31 PM   #14
jverz

jverz is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Just use a leafblower! =))
jverz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 01:31 PM   #15
s13 @ fullboost
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
s13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s13 @ fullboost
Quote:
make sure you do a write up on how exactly you did it =]
Old 09-30-2008, 01:27 PM   #16
jspaeth
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
jspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Well I know this because I ordered a Greddy IM from them, and they were backordered, and in the process (Jeff doesn't have it yet), this all happened.

I canceled my order, and it looks like the only way I can get my money back is to take it up with my bank/credit card.

Sucks for both parties involved.

Daily driven
jspaeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 01:50 AM   #17
nisans13turbo
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (13)
nisans13turbo is just really nicenisans13turbo is just really nicenisans13turbo is just really nicenisans13turbo is just really nicenisans13turbo is just really nicenisans13turbo is just really nicenisans13turbo is just really nicenisans13turbo is just really nicenisans13turbo is just really nicenisans13turbo is just really nice
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspaeth View Post
Well I know this because I ordered a Greddy IM from them, and they were backordered, and in the process (Jeff doesn't have it yet), this all happened.

I canceled my order, and it looks like the only way I can get my money back is to take it up with my bank/credit card.

Sucks for both parties involved.
HT is awesome, Jeffed help me out alot with installs and tech. shit etc....... Kinda sucks how they dont have there parts in stock......

They sure will be miss, best service %100 and shiat I live in MN, shit was all over the phone
Old 09-30-2008, 01:33 PM   #18
mRclARK1
Post Whore!

mRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfection

That is seriously shitty news. I've had work down by their shop and it was top notch stuff. They rewired an engine harness for me and the thing looked brand new.
Old 09-30-2008, 01:35 PM   #19
2Slow40
Zilvia Junkie

2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute
Is this true?

Fuck man, Heavy Throttle kicked ass. Good motors + good warranty = win
2Slow40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 01:43 PM   #20
MomentumGT
Zilvia.net Advertiser

MomentumGT is a splendid one to beholdMomentumGT is a splendid one to beholdMomentumGT is a splendid one to beholdMomentumGT is a splendid one to beholdMomentumGT is a splendid one to beholdMomentumGT is a splendid one to beholdMomentumGT is a splendid one to beholdMomentumGT is a splendid one to beholdMomentumGT is a splendid one to beholdMomentumGT is a splendid one to beholdMomentumGT is a splendid one to behold
This is bad news for sure. They helped me out with my first sr swap back in early 2001 with all the noob questions I had.

-Jon

momentumgt.com - "building blocks of speed"
MomentumGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 01:38 PM   #21
mRclARK1
Post Whore!

mRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfection
^^^ For sure. I recommended them to countless people in the last couple years.
Old 09-30-2008, 01:42 PM   #22
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Wow, that sucks. Never bought anything from them, but they've been around forever.

Bummer.
Old 09-30-2008, 01:46 PM   #23
2Slow40
Zilvia Junkie

2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute
LAME!

I was planning on calling them today about a motor!

After I saw this I called them right away, sure enough, I got the sad voicemail message saying they're closed.

Kinda figured engine swaps sales would probably be drying up now though. Half the 240's already have swaps and the scene doesnt seem to be as big as it was before.
2Slow40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 02:13 PM   #24
SILVIA_KIDs14.5
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (-1)
SILVIA_KIDs14.5 has made poor choicesSILVIA_KIDs14.5 has made poor choicesSILVIA_KIDs14.5 has made poor choicesSILVIA_KIDs14.5 has made poor choicesSILVIA_KIDs14.5 has made poor choicesSILVIA_KIDs14.5 has made poor choices
Feedback Score: -1 reviews
yeah that sucks i had purchased stuff from them as well Jeff was very accomidating and worked with me a lot even purchased some stuff from me as well.....here is a state ment form there site which confirms it so sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HT is CLOSED and filing for BANKRUPTCY
NO MORE ORDERS WILL BE ACCEPTED OR PROCESSED
Customers with unshipped items will be contacted by email with details & options.

My sincerest thanks goes out to all in the 240SX & SR20DET Community
who I have met, spoken and worked with over the past 7 years. It's been a
great time and I hope we will be remembered for helping our friends and
customers build the cars that kick everyone's ass out on the streets!

See you at the track! Good luck and DRIFT ON!

- Jeff Holden, Owner, Heavy Throttle

This site has been sold to www.Phase2Motortrend.com
Please contact them for any NEW orders.

[email protected] email will be working for a few more weeks as we shut down.
SILVIA_KIDs14.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 02:41 PM   #25
SoSideways
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVIA_KIDs14.5 View Post
yeah that sucks i had purchased stuff from them as well Jeff was very accomidating and worked with me a lot even purchased some stuff from me as well.....here is a state ment form there site which confirms it so sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HT is CLOSED and filing for BANKRUPTCY
NO MORE ORDERS WILL BE ACCEPTED OR PROCESSED
Customers with unshipped items will be contacted by email with details & options.

My sincerest thanks goes out to all in the 240SX & SR20DET Community
who I have met, spoken and worked with over the past 7 years. It's been a
great time and I hope we will be remembered for helping our friends and
customers build the cars that kick everyone's ass out on the streets!

See you at the track! Good luck and DRIFT ON!

- Jeff Holden, Owner, Heavy Throttle

This site has been sold to www.Phase2Motortrend.com
Please contact them for any NEW orders.

[email protected] email will be working for a few more weeks as we shut down.
Yeah they just put that up then, because when I made my first post in this thread, that wasn't up there yet.
Old 09-30-2008, 02:14 PM   #26
trsilvias13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
trsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Its to hear they are gone. I remember in 2001 when they were people to turn to. They are very helpful. I did my swap with their guide too.
trsilvias13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 02:20 PM   #27
s14unimog
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (22)
s14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s14unimog
The first SR swap I did, back in 2003, was bought from them. I can still say today that was one of the cleanest motor sets I have ever seen. I wish it wasn't so.

SHIFTlock_slide to side

d3m3rs0n: if i have a baby im naming it Brandons Fault Emerson
s14unimog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 02:31 PM   #28
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
wow sad to hear this.. they where one of the OG 240sx aftermarket suppliers in the game
Old 09-30-2008, 02:37 PM   #29
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
A Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to A Spec Products
Yeah definitely OG in the game

The thing you guys gotta remember is that most shops have a short shelf life, usually maybe 2-3 years, maybe less sometimes

So for Heavy Throttle to be in business this long definitely speaks volumes for their reputation

This industry is highly competitive, with very low margins, and isn't necessarily the money pot that a lot of consumers assume it to be...then throw in a suffering U.S economy...not easy

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP
AME Wheels, Advan, ARC, Gram Lights, Nardi, Personal, Recaro, Works Bell, Work Wheels, Volk Racing, 5Zigen, & more!
626.618.1100 x 103 / aim: aspectuan
Advertiser's Specials! Read / Give Feedback! Please Rate Us!
A Spec Products is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 02:58 PM   #30
projectRDM
Post Whore!

projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Spec Products View Post
Yeah definitely OG in the game

The thing you guys gotta remember is that most shops have a short shelf life, usually maybe 2-3 years, maybe less sometimes

So for Heavy Throttle to be in business this long definitely speaks volumes for their reputation

This industry is highly competitive, with very low margins, and isn't necessarily the money pot that a lot of consumers assume it to be...then throw in a suffering U.S economy...not easy
Agreed. With some many hack shops springing up over night, cutting corners, doing shitty work, or importing trashed engines the big places suffer because no one wants to pay for quality parts and service. These kids don't see paying an extra $500-1000 for work that's reliable, then cry when it breaks down and no one is around to fix it for them. HT stood behind their work for years when they didn't even need to, the work was that good. Blame the newcomers, they're the ones demanding cheap and easy solutions because they can't afford anything better.
No one is willing to pay for quality anymore, it's all about how much they can afford on this week's allowance and still be able to buy video games.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote