Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 01-04-2018, 08:48 AM   #31
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Cracking the throttle plate is not correct. The reason it stumbles coming down to idle is when the BOV is not recirculated post MAFS.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2018, 03:53 AM   #32
NiSilS14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (20)
NiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Cracking the throttle plate is not correct. The reason it stumbles coming down to idle is when the BOV is not recirculated post MAFS.
Perhaps cracked is the the wrong terminology, not to the point where the TB is visually open. Throttle stop screw still needs to be set, and not completely backed out of use. I adjust it to where i'll start feeling resistance from the throttle blade, making sure the throttle body is not sticking closed. These cars are old and the electronics sometimes aren't what they once were, so they do need periodic adjustments. Aside from that, I've seen a bad maf + o2 sensor on one car give similar symptoms. Other than that, I can only see a intake leak giving the same issues. Both of which op stated were either replaced or tested. Is there a boost/vac gauge in the car? what kinda vac reading do you have around idle?

Last edited by NiSilS14; 01-05-2018 at 04:23 AM..
NiSilS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 06:04 AM   #33
ImThatGuy
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
ImThatGuy is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I will have to double check what the vac is at idle. I should be able to check either this afternoon or this weekend sometime.
I work in the shop my car is in so running it early morning and then dealing with the exhaust all day is a bad idea. To cold here (-16 degree F) right now to ventilate after running. I hate winter
ImThatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 06:24 AM   #34
Bcombs14
Zilvia Member

Bcombs14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Timing off a tooth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bcombs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 07:17 AM   #35
ImThatGuy
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcombs14 View Post
Timing off a tooth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ive verified the CAS and timing is 100% spot on. If there is one thing on a SR motor I am a champ at doing, its the timing setup.

Its the timing when the car takes over using the ecu that gets me until I was explained how to fix this issue via this thread.
Old 01-16-2018, 06:15 AM   #36
ImThatGuy
Leaky Injector

No recent updates. Hoping this week to be able to check coolant lines and run the car again
Old 01-16-2018, 09:23 PM   #37
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
These engines are so simple. You compression test, boost leak test, timing verify. Then put good maf good injectors good ecu and fuel pump, bkr7es copper plugs and it runs. I've never seen an exception.

throttle body shut, holding water is factory goodness. coolant lines on the iacv for warm-up idle is proper. but neither of those things, nor the tps, can cause it to run badly. Shut off at random or idle too high, sure. but it will drive great still, with a bent throttle body blade and a broken IACV.
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 01:03 AM   #38
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
When did this issue start?
Old 02-05-2018, 07:31 AM   #39
ImThatGuy
Leaky Injector

Took some time off due to weather. It still sucks here in the Chicagoland area but I have been plugging away little by little.

Issue originally started when enthalpy tuned ecu had plastic ribbon and it failed, frying my wiring harness. Since then the car was put away and forgotten about.
New ecu, new harness and issues are slowly going away. I had made such major changes to everything "to make it run" when the harness and tune were bad that is super way outta wack

Dialing things back in now

Update:
All new intercooler couplers and PCV valve installed. Waiting to run car once I get a break in the weather.
Old 02-15-2018, 06:53 PM   #40
92SEric240sx
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (32)
92SEric240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Is your fuel line reversed or kinked
Old 02-15-2018, 07:50 PM   #41
Bcombs14
Zilvia Member