Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-30-2014, 08:41 PM   #361
LoneStarSilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
LoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240sxdriftin View Post
I like derek king
Hmmmm, not sure if troll, or...
Old 09-30-2014, 09:46 PM   #362
Almighty So
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
Almighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by derek king View Post
Holy shit that car is so rad. Someones on zilvia? What body kit is that? I looked up "trust" and couldn't find any body kits for 240s.
2002 D1GP 326 Power FC3S.

BN Sports.
Almighty So is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 09:47 PM   #363
harris180
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
harris180 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
^^Bruh...tell me how having a Zenki bumper on a Kouki makes your man not drive like a bitch?

If your car is seeing the wall and sand traps on the regular...
...you're doing it wrong.
Lol, proper hardparker here.. If you don't crash sometimes, you're not pushing hard enough.. I suppose that would be hard to do sitting on the sidelines though, huh?

Edit: It seems like you do it wrong as well champ..
harris180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 10:06 PM   #364
benarovi
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
benarovi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
he said on the regular. that was one time. you suck
benarovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 10:44 PM   #365
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
gearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almighty So View Post
2002 D1GP 326 Power FC3S.

BN Sports.
he's being sarcastic
gearhead55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 11:07 PM   #366
harris180
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by benarovi View Post
he said on the regular. that was one time. you suck
are we really having the argument that if you crash your car doing drift/racing events then you're doing it wrong? FFS, how is anyone supposed to be good at anything if you dont push yourself to the limits sometimes?

Personally, I find it incredible that OBEEWON has only crashed one single time in his entire life of drifting, but then one would assume that he isnt pushing hard enough at the track. If that's not the case then I expect to see him at the next F1 race in Suzuka, because we all know that even the best racers in the world (F1 drivers, Rally drivers, etc) crash, so if OBEEWON is better than them then thats incredible.. Everyone crashes, amateurs more than professionals.. Hating on someone because they arent as good as someone else when they are trying to learn is just fucken stupid..
Old 10-01-2014, 12:29 AM   #367
LoneStarSilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
LoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
LAME.

More hoopties, less PMS'ing!

This is why the original thread got locked, take your twisted panties elsewhere.
Old 10-01-2014, 12:45 AM   #368
l adam l
Zilvia Member

l adam l is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by harris180 View Post
are we really having the argument that if you crash your car doing drift/racing events then you're doing it wrong? FFS, how is anyone supposed to be good at anything if you dont push yourself to the limits sometimes?

Personally, I find it incredible that OBEEWON has only crashed one single time in his entire life of drifting, but then one would assume that he isnt pushing hard enough at the track. If that's not the case then I expect to see him at the next F1 race in Suzuka, because we all know that even the best racers in the world (F1 drivers, Rally drivers, etc) crash, so if OBEEWON is better than them then thats incredible.. Everyone crashes, amateurs more than professionals.. Hating on someone because they arent as good as someone else when they are trying to learn is just fucken stupid..
really? take your butt hurt elsewhere. there are several other posts on this forum, why take the time to look at this one?

your car looks fucked up? that means you're doing it wrong!

really? you wrecked? i'm pretty fucking sure you weren't doing it right!
l adam l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 01:34 AM   #369
harris180
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by l adam l View Post
really? take your butt hurt elsewhere. there are several other posts on this forum, why take the time to look at this one?

your car looks fucked up? that means you're doing it wrong!

really? you wrecked? i'm pretty fucking sure you weren't doing it right!
yep you're right.. driving a rwd turbo performance car hard at a race track is definitely doing it wrong.. Go back to your showcar shit with an auto box you stooge.. This thread started by people ridiculing people like the ratchet crew who intentionally make their car look shit just to make it look like shit, and it has progressed to the point where people are ridiculed because they crash their car at a race track and its not show car quality.

Just pointing out the hypocrisy of the whole situation.. if you are going to lump this

in with the same group as this

then YOU'RE doing it wrong.. forming an opinion that is..
Old 10-01-2014, 02:18 AM   #370
l adam l
Zilvia Member

l adam l is an unknown quantity at this point
Edit: NVM Please post more shitty cars

Last edited by l adam l; 10-01-2014 at 03:42 AM..
l adam l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 03:07 AM   #371
Taylor Shinobu
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
Taylor Shinobu is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Oh god so many people missing the point here, yea we all push ourselves at the track/ street and crash, we all do it, what's doing it wrong is after you crash leaving your car looking like it was crashed, just fucking fix it

on a different but kinda related note, some local madness, bunch of people got mad when a bunch of cool cars decided to all run the same event and take up the spots
Old 10-01-2014, 07:07 AM   #372
HORShi
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
HORShi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor Shinobu View Post
Oh god so many people missing the point here, yea we all push ourselves at the track/ street and crash, we all do it, what's doing it wrong is after you crash leaving your car looking like it was crashed, just fucking fix it
Now only if most of the drifters would have this concept...It's not about mis-matched panels (if you have a clean car, clean engine setup and waiting to get it painted OR JUST put new fenders on) It's not about whether you crash or not...it's simply the aftemath. Too many people once they fuck up their s chassis, turns around and says "fuck it, aint' care" and BAAM! a new missile has been ressurected...Me personally, I'll be damned to drive a car with crumbled up fender, quarter panel or dented in door as a daily. I can't even bring myself to drive a car with mis-matched colored panels let alone something that is FUBAR'd. My car would be parked in the garage until it receives some paint.

Once again, I will reference Matt Powers old s14...this car has been clearly driven hard and fast. That car been to hell and back and Even with his duct tape, zipties and tons of scrapes...His s14 still looked gangster ass shit. I hate when people say "I'm just waiting for a better job or I'm broke man, haha broke life" that's bullshit. As much as I like "legit" parts and JDM manufactures, I myself also like deals, and love to get shit cheaper, more affordable and retaining similar or decent quality if possible, especially if your into drifting, shit breaks all the time. I don't personally have the money to be dropping for DMax kits and Work wheels on the fly, shit's expensive. But at the same time, I refuse my car to look like shit, so I rather save up and wait a month or a month and half, to get those rims or whatever parts to satisfy myself and the meantime maybe buy some XXRs, Battles or etc to keep it looking decent.

Just because you have Megan coilovers, and ISIS parts etc and your car is clean, decent looking, presentable....your not doing it wrong, it's when you have Megan coilovers, ISIS parts, Ebay etc...AND YOUR CAR LOOKS LIKE SHIT...reinforcing the already highly negative stereotype of ebay parts, shitty work, missile syndrome blah blah blah... that IS mostly true in the schassis world...IS DOING IT WRONG.

FOR REFERENCE

COMPARED TO THIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Missile Drift
this guy doing it right

No no and hell no. I'm sorry, but there's no excuse for this shit man. So don't play that "I'm broke" or "I can't afford it" bullshit, cause it is bullshit.

and for another interesting pic...

Look at this shit right here...lol

Old 10-01-2014, 09:03 AM   #373
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiveno View Post
if your car is so low that it is basically undrivable without ruining it you are also doing it wrong imo. this whole doing it wrong thing is extremely subjective
That wasn't really what I was talking about...but yeah. If your car can't drive it is not right.

Quote:
Lol, proper hardparker here.. If you don't crash sometimes, you're not pushing hard enough.. I suppose that would be hard to do sitting on the sidelines though, huh?

Edit: It seems like you do it wrong as well champ..
Hahaha. Im the first to admit I do it wrong all the time. Thank God I am not the standard.
That was the first and last time I ever drifted.

Quote:

I don't hate anyone.
1. my cars suck
2. I suck at driving/drifting/motorcycles
3. Beyonce is a man
4. I'd rather watch New Girl than hate someone I've never met.
5. Hate takes way too much effort. Im much too lazy for that.

But if this is doing it right I'd rather be wrong.

Last edited by OBEEWON; 10-01-2014 at 09:40 AM..
OBEEWON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 09:20 AM   #374
bataangpinoy
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
bataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
internetz r so srz
bataangpinoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 09:54 AM   #375
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Old 10-01-2014, 10:18 AM   #376
derek king
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
derek king will become famous soon enoughderek king will become famous soon enoughderek king will become famous soon enoughderek king will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I think thats a Team Braking car. Radical. FuckdaPolice
Old 10-01-2014, 10:21 AM   #377
AFSil80
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
AFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AFSil80 Send a message via MSN to AFSil80
I'm glad to see the police taking an active role in removing trash like that from the street.
Old 10-01-2014, 10:24 AM   #378
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Nah that was Marley's old car at H2o a while back I think.

It used to look good but a few guys at the track hate good looking cars so they rammed him like a ram.

now its dead and for sale on Craigslist.

Old 10-01-2014, 10:26 AM   #379
derek king
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
derek king will become famous soon enoughderek king will become famous soon enoughderek king will become famous soon enoughderek king will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
that car was rad. Glad he threw it in the dumpster and got out of drifting like a respectable human.
Old 10-01-2014, 10:26 AM   #380
AFSil80
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
AFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AFSil80 Send a message via MSN to AFSil80
Not digging the color scheme, but it looks better in that second pic without all the missing aero.
Old 10-01-2014, 01:03 PM   #381
tayloray
Zilvia Addict

tayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORShi View Post
Now only if most of the drifters would have this concept...It's not about mis-matched panels (if you have a clean car, clean engine setup and waiting to get it painted OR JUST put new fenders on) It's not about whether you crash or not...it's simply the aftemath. Too many people once they fuck up their s chassis, turns around and says "fuck it, aint' care" and BAAM! a new missile has been ressurected...Me personally, I'll be damned to drive a car with crumbled up fender, quarter panel or dented in door as a daily. I can't even bring myself to drive a car with mis-matched colored panels let alone something that is FUBAR'd. My car would be parked in the garage until it receives some paint.
This is a perfect example of why this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by silviaks2nr View Post
isn't wrong. sure the jacked up front end isn't great, but the dudes name is eric loomis drives pro-am on a shoe-string budget and he's crashed it twice and still makes sure it's fixed and re-painted before the next event. the first time the entire rear end was destroyed and he managed to get it together. had his door bashed in this last event, and it's already fixed. So he's not really doing it wrong. IMHO
Old 10-01-2014, 01:21 PM   #382
HORShi
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
HORShi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post

It used to look good but a few guys at the track hate good looking cars so they rammed him like a ram.
Are you serious about what you just said Obeewon? wtf
Old 10-01-2014, 02:28 PM   #383
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

A bit exaggerated but he definitely had a target on his back during some tandems.
Old 10-01-2014, 02:55 PM   #384
harris180
Zilvia Member

[QUOTE=HORShi;5734533]Now only if most of the drifters would have this concept...It's not about mis-matched panels (if you have a clean car, clean engine setup and waiting to get it painted OR JUST put new fenders on) It's not about whether you crash or not...it's simply the aftemath. Too many people once they fuck up their s chassis, turns around and says "fuck it, aint' care" and BAAM! a new missile has been ressurected...Me personally, I'll be damned to drive a car with crumbled up fender, quarter panel or dented in door as a daily. I can't even bring myself to drive a car with mis-matched colored panels let alone something that is FUBAR'd. My car would be parked in the garage until it receives some paint.

Once again, I will reference Matt Powers old s14...this car has been clearly driven hard and fast. That car been to hell and back and Even with his duct tape, zipties and tons of scrapes...His s14 still looked gangster ass shit. I hate when people say "I'm just waiting for a better job or I'm broke man, haha broke life" that's bullshit. As much as I like "legit" parts and JDM manufactures, I myself also like deals, and love to get shit cheaper, more affordable and retaining similar or decent quality if possible, especially if your into drifting, shit breaks all the time. I don't personally have the money to be dropping for DMax kits and Work wheels on the fly, shit's expensive. But at the same time, I refuse my car to look like shit, so I rather save up and wait a month or a month and half, to get those rims or whatever parts to satisfy myself and the meantime maybe buy some XXRs, Battles or etc to keep it looking decent.

Just because you have Megan coilovers, and ISIS parts etc and your car is clean, decent looking, presentable....your not doing it wrong, it's when you have Megan coilovers, ISIS parts, Ebay etc...AND YOUR CAR LOOKS LIKE SHIT...reinforcing the already highly negative stereotype of ebay parts, shitty work, missile syndrome blah blah blah... that IS mostly true in the schassis world...IS DOING IT WRONG.

No no and hell no. I'm sorry, but there's no excuse for this shit man. So don't play that "I'm broke" or "I can't afford it" bullshit, cause it is bullshit.

and for another interesting pic...

/QUOTE]

And this is where i disagree.. Yes if its your daily then it needs to look somewhat clean, but there is a plethora of photos of cars in this thread that are obviously track only cars. If the car is safe enough for the track and passes scrutineering, then who the hell cares how clean it is. The point of being at a race track is to drive hard and gain experience, I'm not going to miss track events because I need to repaint my smashed front bar. Just cable tie it up and do the next event..

I suppose we have to agree to disagree.. Yes in a perfect world I would be both rich enough to constantly have a show car quality car that also sees a race track regularly, but the fact of the matter is I personally would rather see the average fuckhead with an s chassis out on track bettering their driving skills with a smashed up car, than to see a group of s chassis sitting at the local service station that are all perfect paint and hella flush.

Look at this dickhead.. No rear bar on his s13, obviously a stooge doing it wrong..
Old 10-01-2014, 03:00 PM   #385
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

The difference is that car used to look good.
The cars in this thread never looked good even before they crashed or lost a piece of body work.
Old 10-01-2014, 03:46 PM   #386
LockOn!
Zilvia FREAK!

LockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tayloray View Post
So he's not really doing it wrong. IMHO

Agree and disagree??? I'm under the impression this thread is purely about STYLE, not driver skill, what they are doing with their car, just if it looks good or not.

In terms of FD, sure, that car doesn't look like a total train-wreck and its great that he fixes it every time. But purely in terms of style as in this thread, that sky jacked front end means wrong. Again, not discounting the car, just saying its not "pretty" in the traditional sense.

I guess this is the point where a distinction needs to be made.

imo Formula D =/= Drifting.

Its an entirely different school of thought. Competition, chasing power, huge sponsors. All of these things have morphed "drifting" stateside into what we see now. This huge style discrepancy comes from people learning about drifting from fucking Spike TV rather then Doriten or Option rips uploaded to youtube. Just two completely different things all together. Newcomers have no frame for reference for style other than instagram and what they see at the track. The one thing that pisses me off the most is seeing kids at the track who do like 2 events blow their KA then swap in a JZ and ridiculous knuckle set ups without even getting the basics down.

Can it be 2010 again? Ugh maybe I'm just getting old and monsterhooniganaintcaresweggit is really what its all about. Fuck.

Rant aside, I think this thread is about style and style alone. A well put together car with fucked up fitment and sponsor vinyl can be "doing it wrong" just like a kid with spraypaint and towhook dongles or whatever can be, although to a lesser extent.

Also, not saying all FD cars fit the bill, I think the Falken S13 Here:
Quote:
in with the same group as this
Is pretty damn good. Ride height sure but what can you do. Where as the Matt Field s14 tragedy is a whole other story ahaha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HORShi View Post
Everything HORShi fuckin said.
HORShi gets it. +1
Old 10-01-2014, 03:51 PM   #387
Stiveno
Zilvia Junkie

Stiveno is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by LockOn! View Post
Rant aside, I think this thread is about style and style alone. A well put together car with fucked up fitment and sponsor vinyl can be "doing it wrong" just like a kid with spraypaint and towhook dongles or whatever can be, although to a lesser extent.
I agree with many of the things you say but you are also saying that a car needs good "fitment" to look good. not everybody is into stance, and to say that somebody's car looks bad because they actually want a drive able car is just dumb. You are saying this thread is about "style" but you are assuming that style is stance. Style is subjective
Stiveno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 03:55 PM   #388
STEEZxIT
Zilvia FREAK!

STEEZxIT is on the path to ruinSTEEZxIT is on the path to ruin
it's simple:

the boasting and misguided mods are what cross the line from struggling to maintain a vehicle to doing it wrong.

some people fall on hard times or have hardships that we do not know of. that is not the enemy. the enemy is the one being a retard, looking for efame by eating three thousand cheeseburgers and drilling holes/welding together their own hood because zero fucks bro pass the ketchup.

don't take a handful of hoonigan glitter to a turd and expect anyone to not call you out when you're boasting about it.
Old 10-01-2014, 03:57 PM   #389
STEEZxIT
Zilvia FREAK!

STEEZxIT is on the path to ruinSTEEZxIT is on the path to ruin
Quote:
Originally Posted by LockOn! View Post
Formula D =/= Drifting.
i agree and add my own musings:

Formula D = Non-Linear Drag Racing.
Old 10-01-2014, 04:04 PM   #390
jaysgottaredtop
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
jaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enoughjaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enoughjaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Less bickering.

Moar turrible shit.