Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-16-2018, 02:53 PM   #1
oLemurs
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
oLemurs has a spectacular aura aboutoLemurs has a spectacular aura aboutoLemurs has a spectacular aura aboutoLemurs has a spectacular aura aboutoLemurs has a spectacular aura aboutoLemurs has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
5 lug hubs

so when i put the hubs on they wont go down deep enough for the little spacer to go in or the cotter pin. the picture i have shows the oem one has a little cutout and the new one is just flat. is there modification to the spindle that i need to make or am i just retarded?
https://imgur.com/gallery/wCPtD
oLemurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2018, 06:49 PM   #2
derass
Zilvia FREAK!

derass is making a name for him/her selfderass is making a name for him/her self
need more info. what car, knuckle, and hub?
derass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 07:59 PM   #3
majgoldfish

Trader Rating: (5)
majgoldfish is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Take a picture while they’re on the hub, it should just slide on and then you reinstall washer, nut and dust cap. Take pic from the side showing where the back of the hub stops on your knuckle when it’s slid on.
majgoldfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 07:22 AM   #4
oLemurs
Zilvia Member

oLemurs has a spectacular aura aboutoLemurs has a spectacular aura aboutoLemurs has a spectacular aura aboutoLemurs has a spectacular aura aboutoLemurs has a spectacular aura aboutoLemurs has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by derass View Post
need more info. what car, knuckle, and hub?
1993 s13 stock everything
Old 04-17-2018, 07:46 AM   #5
jedi03
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
jedi03 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
and which hub? conversion....s14??? just looked at pick too...measure that bearing with a pair of calipers and see if they are the same size...I don't know where you got those but the hubs I have bought in the past just bolt in...that looks like a lot more work than necesary
jedi03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 12:30 PM   #6
oLemurs
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi03 View Post
and which hub? conversion....s14??? just looked at pick too...measure that bearing with a pair of calipers and see if they are the same size...I don't know where you got those but the hubs I have bought in the past just bolt in...that looks like a lot more work than necesary
i got these https://www.ebay.com/itm/95-99-S14-2...8726%7Ciid%3A1
in the item picture it has a little divet but when i got them it is flat
Also here is my caliper line uphttps://i.imgur.com/5gXVAwN.jpg
Old 04-17-2018, 12:33 PM   #7
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
I think the reason if I am correct is that you have a S13 knuckle using S14 hubs? If not mistaken I thought when using conversion hubs you needed to switch the knuckle too
afishysilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 01:34 PM   #8
oLemurs
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by afishysilvia View Post
I think the reason if I am correct is that you have a S13 knuckle using S14 hubs? If not mistaken I thought when using conversion hubs you needed to switch the knuckle too
shit man, never trust ebay direct quote from them "Guaranteed to fit on any 1989-1994 Nissan 240SX, Silvia (Japan), 180SX (Japan), 200SX (UK)"
Old 04-18-2018, 09:49 AM   #9
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
You bought S14 hubs. They're year specific and your car isn't within that year range.

Why do you think it would fit?

Those are contano hubs and they make s13 conversion hubs you just gotta write that ebay seller and tell them you got the wrong kit.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 10:28 AM   #10
oLemurs
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post
You bought S14 hubs. They're year specific and your car isn't within that year range.

Why do you think it would fit?

Those are contano hubs and they make s13 conversion hubs you just gotta write that ebay seller and tell them you got the wrong kit.
i thought it would fit because there was no information on the different hubs, the pictures showed S13 hubs so i bought them. i didnt know they were year specific all i did was read the fucking description put below the product.
Old 04-18-2018, 11:01 AM   #11
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by oLemurs View Post
i thought it would fit because there was no information on the different hubs, the pictures showed S13 hubs so i bought them. i didnt know they were year specific all i did was read the fucking description put below the product.
It literally says in the title of the sale post 95-98 240sx

In the table it says what years the hubs will fit on none of those include an s13 year model.

The same seller even has ANOTHER ad for hubs for an 89-94 https://www.ebay.com/itm/5-Lug-Wheel...item46520a5707

DRAutomotive has a thread in the vendors area PM him and get this sorted out. Stop trying to fit parts a car that aren't compatible.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2018-04-18 at 9.58.42 AM.png (126.3 KB, 5 views)
File Type: png Screen Shot 2018-04-18 at 9.58.30 AM.png (22.5 KB, 2 views)

Old 04-18-2018, 12:20 PM   #12
oLemurs
Zilvia Member

Quote:
It literally says in the title of the sale post 95-98 240sx

In the table it says what years the hubs will fit on none of those include an s13 year model.

The same seller even has ANOTHER ad for hubs for an 89-94 https://www.ebay.com/itm/5-Lug-Wheel...item46520a5707

DRAutomotive has a thread in the vendors area PM him and get this sorted out. Stop trying to fit parts a car that aren't compatible.
Ok and it also literally says guaranteed to fit any s13 that is why I️ ordered these. I️ already ordered isr hubs so it’s fine now. I️ already returned them I️ was just trying to figure out why they didn’t work
Old 04-18-2018, 01:06 PM   #13
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by oLemurs View Post
Ok and it also literally says guaranteed to fit any s13 that is why I️ ordered these. I️ already ordered isr hubs so it’s fine now. I️ already returned them I️ was just trying to figure out why they didn’t work
That's a sloppy ebay ad or typo. Front hubs on s chassis are very different and they've sent me the wrong stuff before.

Old 04-18-2018, 08:22 PM   #14
oLemurs
Zilvia Member

Quote:
That's a sloppy ebay ad or typo. Front hubs on s chassis are very different and they've sent me the wrong stuff before.
agreed the ad looks like someone google translated it from another language