Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 04-30-2013, 07:44 AM   #271
bc.
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
bc. is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
what were you getting your temps off of? is there a chance the gauge was wrong? did it 'feel' unusually hot?

I kind of think you just had air in your system, you may not have boiled any off, but just brought the bubbles to the surface.
Old 04-30-2013, 11:57 AM   #272
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
Mannykiller is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bc. View Post
what were you getting your temps off of? is there a chance the gauge was wrong? did it 'feel' unusually hot?

I kind of think you just had air in your system, you may not have boiled any off, but just brought the bubbles to the surface.

I kinda ruled that out because I used a lisle funnel very carefully. Not to say that it purged all the bubbles out...and it may have just been that. But I was almost certain I had all the bubbles out already I'll fill the system again and see if it happens again. Maybe I'll jack up the rear end of the car to make sure the Radiator is the lowest point and bubbles cant get stuck there. I'll let you guys know how it goes
Mannykiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:28 PM   #273
PureRush
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (15)
PureRush is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Good to se its finally running and driving. Get me excited about my build
PureRush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:02 PM   #274
Big Zee
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
Big Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Big Zee
would you not want the rad at the highest point so the air has a place to escape through the spot you add coolant ?

just saying, if you rad is the lowest that gives air a chance to be trapped in the block.
Two-Tone owner#011509-Lightly Modded
Big Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:20 PM   #275
bc.
Zilvia Addict

His filler cap is not on the rad though and it is the high point of the system.

It would have to be some kind of kink for me to think that was the problem though, post a pic of it if you got one Manny, curious to see what you got.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:05 AM   #276
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
His filler cap is not on the rad though and it is the high point of the system.

It would have to be some kind of kink for me to think that was the problem though, post a pic of it if you got one Manny, curious to see what you got.

Exactly what I think it is! here's a pic of the engine bay and I'm too lazy to go and find the pic of the hose, but you can see it in the pic. it runs in a loop from right to the right of the turbo.....to the drivers side of the car in a giant loop and back to the passengerside upper radiator inlet. Its a -16 sized Black Hose. And it does have a kink in it closest to the Drivers side frame rail...right where it dissappears in the picture. I'm going to try and either put a spring in it or shorten the overall length of the line because as it is it is eventually going to rub through somewhere and burst.
Old 05-02-2013, 12:30 PM   #277
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Small update:

Well I havn't touched the car in a few days. Just finished working 86 hours in the past 6 days so needless to say I'm pretty tired. I did come home to 2 nice packages waiting for me at the front door:

Fronts Finally came in - Advan Racing TC III 18x9.5 +45 (yikes) would've liked a better offset but this was the only thing available. Threw some old spares on them so I could roll around and figure out spacing. These are too narrow at 225. I'll be running a 245 min up front,..need that grip!
Advan TCIII

mounted with 225's
Old 05-02-2013, 01:45 PM   #278
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Looks pretty cool to me!
I hope you mounted the tires with a screwdriver and some soap.
Old 05-03-2013, 01:06 PM   #279
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Well I posted an update but I don't know where it went? haha.

I'll do it again but I hate re-typing things. I've also been having major cell phone issues. My phone is on it's last leg and I ordered a new Samsung Galaxy S4 but it'll take a couple days to come in. So until then I can't really update with many pics because everytime I un-plug my phone...it re-starts and dies and restarts and then its a process to get it back running.

I "think" I figured out what the problem was...being the radiator is positioned at an angle like this /

The coolant from the thermostat housing connects to the top fitting on the radiator.
the top fitting on the radiator is pointing down...towards the 5 O'clock position....AND it's a vein below the top most radiator vein.
So the exit of the radiator sits almost 2/12 veins below where it should in order to let air escape. These 2 1/2 veins contain air that is unable to escape.
I had to jack the passenger side of the car up a full 2 feet, start the car and let it warm up till the thermostat opened. Then watch the Lisle funnel so it didn't spill over...and burp the system as best as I could. I did this for about 10 min and there was A LOT of air in there. I'm not sure if I was able to get all the air out of the radiator..but I sure got a lot more than I had previously. What a Royal pain in the Ass. I'll be damned if I have to do that everytime I want to change coolant/water. With that said...A mishimoto universal race radiator is in the works and I'm hoping to have it within the next couple weeks. Does the Intercooler converted to radiator work? sure. Do I have the patience to do R&D to make it work exactly the way I want it to? Simply put....NO. And I built this car to drive...I have no interest in changing how things are done. The main reason I did this was because my fabricator convinced me it would work and save me space etc. It works...and saves space.. and I've remained skeptical throughout the whole process but my car sits on the grid and idles a lot. And I need a heat exchanger capable of keeping temps in check on a 100+ degree dry summer day when I'm sitting on the black sun baked pavement without any air-flow. With that said I'll most likely be reconfiguring the coolant system to better suite my demands.

other news
I wired in my dual 10' oil cooler fans and plan to hook them into the air conditioning circuit so all i'll have to do is turn the AC on and they'll come on. I'm not running ac so I might as well use existing wiring... Will I still need the relay? havn't loooked into the connection just yet but it's all wired and ready up to that point.

finally fixed the small oil leak out of the front Iron for the turbo oil feed. Only pic I have

More updates soon.
Old 05-06-2013, 10:50 AM   #280
bc.
Zilvia Addict

I forgot that was an IC converted to a radiator. Glad to see you get some extra air out.
Hopefully it runs peachy now. no homo.
Old 05-06-2013, 01:41 PM   #281
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Small Update:

Well I'm pretty sure I got most of the Air out of the cooling system on saturday, and I took it out and around the block etc with no heating problems But It also wasn't very hot out. The hottest it got was 85 degrees outside so It really wasn't in test-worthy conditions. Figure 8's are complete and the Carbonetic 2-way metal LSD unit is officially broken in. going to change the Diff fluid as soon as I get a chance. I'm a little torn whether I should duct this radiator or if i should just waite for the Mihsimoto radiator and save on materials/time for ducting that.

Again i don't want to Rnd a cooling system. But further udates: Did a diy Home alignment because the fronts were all out of whack.
As it sits now there is a negative camber...which I may run in the slightest amount, but I'll leave that up to a professional alignment shop.
Snapped this quick pic of my wheel set up:
PBM adjustable wheel spacers, Advan TCIII's, ARP extended Wheel studs, Project Kicks R40 extended race lugs

Got a bunch of 16 oz squeeze bottles so I can pre measure my premix and lug it around with me.

And there is a school a street away so I decided to snap a crappy cell pic on my mytouch 4g so I could compare to my Samsug Galaxy S4 when it comes in. Even with just the DIY alignment the car drove MUCH better.

Another Video
VIDEO0114_zpscbac77a8.mp4 Video by mannykiller | Photobucket

And a "crap" moment. When the brass speed bleeder is too soft to allow the Extractor bit to work. So I was again unable to bleed my brake system and now I need to find a nice used drivers side rear brake caliper. But the new Stainless fitting came in, along with my Fast Acting triumph Air Intake Temp Sensor. Need to find a bosch style plug so I can install it though.

And thats about it for now... More update soon. But probly won't get to them for another week and a half or so because i'll be working some heavy hours these next couple weeks
Old 05-06-2013, 02:25 PM   #282
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Nice to see a build thread on here that actually turned into a running car for once instead of turning into another part out thread
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 04:10 PM   #283
ridesnowx4
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (1)
ridesnowx4 is making a name for him/her selfridesnowx4 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ridesnowx4
Love this build! Keep it up man!
Old 05-10-2013, 12:17 PM   #284
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

well waking up at 5:45am and getting to sleep at 1:30am is taking it's toll... theres no way to catch up on sleep so I feel like a zombie. Anyways... found 30min to get some stuff done....sacrificing sleep for car hah.
Anyways.. Powered by max adjustable wheel spacers came in...so I mounted them up to see how I was going to work with the +45 front advan tciii's
Didn't need the included studs since I have arp extended ones:icon_tup:

oh yea..love the gold contrast against the dark gunmetal

Before spacers

After spacers

This spacing will work just fine with the new Tires i'll be order 245/40/18's:icon_tup:
New pics from my Samsung Galaxy s4 are much better quality than my old mytouch 4g:nod:!

and the steeeeze.....

More updates soon!
Old 05-10-2013, 12:26 PM   #285
turbo2nr
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
turbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to turbo2nr
awesome! fitment looks on point, get some paint soon!!!

s14 kouki ka-t
turbo2nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 02:21 PM   #286
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

^ Yea it'll look much better once I get bigger tires. Im thinking 245/40/18 up front and 245-255/35-40/18 in the rear. Not sure I want to fork out a baunch load for a paint job. I mean I want the car to look nice but my luck...first event someone's kissing my door panels or i'll get to test how much force it takes to move a hay bail. So I may just 1 day single stage it and call it done for now. I really need to get this mishimoto radiator asap... because thats the only thing keeping me from tunning. I'm wondering if I should just purchase it and then maybe they'd reimburse me if the sponsorship went through? sounds like a bad idea truthfully though haha. But the longer it takes the more money I save up and put into my account.... then APR Wings start looking good...and dog box's...fuel cells, and the likes... So I need to get this radiator, install it and take it to get tuned otherwise i'll start adding things on the list again. Next big deal is a FD spec Cage for safety then i'll think about paint =-)
Old 05-17-2013, 10:50 AM   #287
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Small update:

Well yesterday was my first real day off and I still had a baunch load of stuff to do. I got an hour or so to mess around in the garage but I really just need a weekend 7am to 11pm to really get everything where it needs to be.

I have a giant list of things I need to get done, that may be a bunch of small things, but each little thing is 30 min here 20 min there, blah blah. These things really add up. I'll list it at the end as not to bore you guys hah.

I got my fire sleeve in from Baker Performance. They make it damn easy to purchase because right next to each individual size it lists the -AN size line it will work for. They have silver and Orange. I chose Orange for my turbo oil drain but everything else I got silver....just so that every line didn't stick out like a sore thumb. Actually...I kinda like how it sticks out like a sore thumb hahaha. ANyways..heres some pics...
I got -4 for my oil feed line
-6 for all fuel/water lines
-10 for the turbo Oil drain line

I did the Turbo Oil feed first as it was the easiest to install

Then I did small line that goes from my Secondary FFE rail to the fuel pressure regulator

And I'll be doing the rest of my fuel lines today or tomorrow.

On to my cooling situation. I have yet to hear back from Mishimoto about the sponsorship and the car hasn't got hot since I added the Bleed valve on top of the radiator so no air would get trapped. But I wasn't happy with the mishimoto Radiator fans. So I ordered a set of Jegs HIGH CFM fans. THey're rated at 3600 CFM and come with a shroud. Of course I'd need to cut them but 3600 compared to the measily 1400 total of the current fans is a huge improvement and should really help keep the temps down when they need to come down. THe added shroud will be a definite upgrade because right now the current fans are just mounted to the rad without a shroud.
Here are the fans

how big they are and how much they'll need to be trimmed to fit

Trimmed with my dremel

1/4 Inch off the alum core... Now I just need to figure out how I can close off the shroud on the top and bottom because I cut the shroud so it would fit...but now I need to have a way to seal the long sides against the radi. I hate working with fiberglass..but it may be what I'll need to do.

unless I want to make a UIM cooler......jkjkjk

That is about all the work I've been able to get done on the car. Like I said I wish I had more time with her.... but hopefully this weekend I can get a nice 5 hour session in. Also sometimes I wish I had a buddy that was as dilligent as I was and I knew I could trust to come help me with some of this stuff. I have a few but they're all so busy working on their own cars...or out of town.. john..ahem...caugh..

Anyways here's my list...be prepared...:

Tires 235/35/18f - 245/40/18R
DIn pocket insert
Hood vent
Hood pins
Front strut brace
Back up lug nuts
Transmission Brace...banzai
Install AIT sensor
EV1 bosch connector for AIT
Calibrate AIT sensor
Paint bodywork exterior
Takata/crow 4pt harness
Passenger side seat
PBM tie rods install
PBM angle mod mod
Tune
Bash Bar
AEM EBC solenoid Install
Intercooler Ducting
Radiator Ducting
Ride Height Adjust
Oil cooler fan switch & mount
Clean fuel filter out
Change Diff Fluid
Water wetter
Tow Hook mount rear and front
Radiator Fan installation
Passenger side Front Spacer secure
Rear brake P-side paint and replace
Bleed Brakes
Headlights
Slot coil mounting Bracket for more adjustability
Finish Exhaust
Register car
smog ;-)
Old 05-17-2013, 02:01 PM   #288
bc.
Zilvia Addict

I count like 24-30 hours of work from that list, better get going.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:50 AM   #289
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

^ your absolutely right..maybe more!... I'm chugging away at it though!

Anyways....

Small Update:

Took off the UIM to get to all my fuel lines so I could put the Baker Fire Sleeve on.

I ran the Return line fromt he Fuel Pressure Regulator under the wiring harness wires just to keep the wires off the bare metal. figured a little more heat protection couldn't hurt.
Overall it was really easy to install the Baker Fire Sleeve though. I didn't have to dis-assemble the lines at all....just had to dis-connect them. THe Fire sleeve slipped right over the lines, a little tight but with a little pressure they all went on.

Also installed the passenger side rear sway bar bracket that I was missing. So no more clunking from the right rear. Installed the Rear PBM adjustable spacers, but had to knock out the studs because I don't need them (already hav exteded studs). And.....got a driver side rear caliper in, so I can install the Steel Speed bleeder in it and throw away the old caliper with the Brass fitting melded into it. <that was a pain. Started working on my shroud for the New fans but havn't taken any pictures.

In other news...drove up to sacramento...10 hours, 721 miles later..I had a full long block for a hell of a deal. Guy was going LS1..and was done with rotaries after his latest failed rebuild. He got taken for by Rotary Planet and the guy who he had rebuild it wouldn't refund him the rebuild costs because it had been 3 months. He put 1500 Miles on a brand new reman with new seals in it... Felt bad for him...but I got a hell of a deal.

This is why I LOVE my 2010 Prius

Here was the problem..well one of them:

I think he might've done this when he was doing a recent vac job... Because the housings are in Excellent Condition!!

And the Irons were all stock port with practically ZERO to very little Step wear

These were all un cleaned pics..just wiped down. Needless to say the embeded nut into the rear rotor won't be used. I'm sure someone could actually use it as the rest of the rotor was fine as well as the seal grooves..but I wouldn't sell it. Motor Had RA Classic Seals in it...2mm 2pc.
Slight chatter marks only....no chrome flaking at all.

Old 05-21-2013, 09:53 AM   #290
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

^Adaptronic FD3s PNP Ecu =-)

Small Update:

Got access to the fab shop again so I was able to get my radiator shroud worked out. Used the sheet metal cutter to cut out 2 pieces of sheet aluminum. Traced the contour of my fans onto each one, and then used the air bender to bend the sheet to complete the long side of the radiator shrouds. This one piece of alum will act as the mount/shroud/tabs for the radiator and mounts for the fan.

drilled some holes for mounts to the radiator

Used some OEM door molding I had sitting around to help seal the shroud...I really want this thing air tight!

bracket/shroud mounted against radiator with molding acting as seal

Used the same stuff for the side of the radiator fans...but had to trim a little because it was slightly touching the fans...Figure if it still hits..it'll just eat away anything in the way hahaha

And almost finished...forgot to take a pic but I drilled the holes to mount the radiator to the actual shroud brackets as well...All thats left to do is trim a couple sharp edges and Bolt the Fans to the shroud with hardware.

The fan sits a little more than a quarter inch off the actual radiator, and i'm going to use some Honda Bond high temp RTV to seal the radiator to the Alum Bracket so that no air escapes...this will ensure (i hope) that when the fans are running all the air pulled through the radiator is in fact coming through the radiator and not just the surrounding openings. I am a little concerned about the molding I used...it covers 1 row/air passage from the front. So i'm hoping this doesn't decrease cooling capacity too much. We'll see how it works out.
Old 05-21-2013, 09:56 AM   #291
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

one more pic showing how nice the molding actually came out

i'll take better pics when I take it apart today to seal it with the RTV.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:32 PM   #292
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
jeez man i love seeing the detail you're putting into everything.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:38 PM   #293
bc.
Zilvia Addict

Those are gonna suck harder than Lindsey Vonn on Tiger Woods.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:34 AM   #294
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Those are gonna suck harder than Lindsey Vonn on Tiger Woods.
haha.. Yea I'm hoping they'll suck "reallllll good.."

Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
jeez man i love seeing the detail you're putting into everything.
Yea, I'm doing the best I can...but I'm also kinda pissed the car isn't running. I need practice and i'm getting none while the car is down and being worked on. I need to get the damn thing in order so I can go get tuned. Then I can have fun. I mean I'm trying to keep doing things the right way...but I get frustrated and catch myself rushing little things ya know? haha.

You coming to thunder on the lot man? Theres a lot of good drivers!
Old 05-23-2013, 01:16 PM   #295
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Update:

Well I've been in a rush trying to get things ready for the next 5-6 days i'll be out of commision because of work, but I did get a few things done.

I was un-happy with the way the radiator sat.....it was just a little too close to the main e-shaft pulley, so If i wanted to get to a bolt i had to use a small ratchet and really wedge it in there..then when I started loosening it it would hit the radiator because it was really "that close." Also...the outlet for the coolant on the motor was literally a centimeter from the radiator. With this new shroud... it was hitting. The shroud adds approximately an inch and a half of thickness to the unit. With that said.. I decided to re-drill and tap holes to mount it and also move the whole assembly forward 2 inches. I used a larger tap this time so I could use some hefty M10 1.25 bolts. Also... The outlet of the radiator was the lowest point of the car... I didn't like that one bit. So I used some larger bushings to raise the whole assembly an inch. I used some Skateboard Bushing again...this time in the hardest material available.
The bushings fit perfectly!

And here was the first test fit....forgot to take pics of the assembly with washers but oh well.

While I had the compressor housing off the turbo I put the -10 Baker Fire sleeve on the Turbo Drain line.

And also on the water drain line as well. Shame on me though...I could've sworn I ordered enough for all my lines but I guess not... so the water feed line will have to suffer till I catch up on my list and order more.

ALSO! I got the new fans wired up...which was a breeze by the way.. jegs supplies all wiring needed with pig tails... awesome. I was a little dissappointed I didn't find the derale fans before I ordered the jegs fans as they're rated at 4000CFM....but seriously.... After turning these things on... i am really impressed. The fans mixed with the shroud pull a ton of air. I actually took a video of the first test but i'm waiting for it to upload via photobucket...and my service isn't the best here so it's taking the better part of 35 min. I'll upload it as soon as it goes through though. All I have to say is that these fans have to work at the very least...about 4 times better than the previous low cfm fans slapped onto the back of the radiator.

Only thing is....i had to cut the bottom mounts off the cradle that supports the front of the car...and secures the bottom of the radiator. So i'll have to have them cut and welded back on otherwise it'll most likely crackthe mounts and my nifty little air purge on the top of the mount.

in case that one doesn't work
20130522_181807_zps2e8723f2.mp4 Video by mannykiller | Photobucket
Old 05-24-2013, 09:18 AM   #296
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

It's actually a custom Hot pink......but everyone keeps saying it's Magenta. If that's the case.. then it's magenta haha...and if that's the case... for 28 years of my life i've thought this "hot Pink" was indeed..."hot pink,"...not magenta haha.

Update:

I am very pleased to say that I got the car running yesterday and that this radiator system passed my first test!! Warmed the car up... (need to set the warm up RPM so It can warm up a little quicker) but got it up to 80 and it was still hovering around 80 for a while.. So had to rev her up a little to get it a bit hotter for the thermostat to open up. Once it did... the coolant level dropped dramatically and temps started to rise damn fast... (Air pockets) Opened up my purge valve on the top of the radiator and started dumping distilled water in the filler neck.... turned the car off. and topped it off. Let all the air purge out from the radiator till only solid fluid was coming out and closed it. Started the car again and let it warm up once again. hovering around 83C I had to rev the motor for a good min to get it to hit 84/85 degrees Celsius. Once it hit 85...my fans kicked on.... for about 30 seconds... And the temps dropped all the way to 80C. Now All i have to do is find the sweet spot so I can keep the temp right about 83C. I'm going to raise my fan duty cycle so that it turns on at say 86...and turns off once the temp gets down to 85 I'll play around with the fan settings till I get a cycle that works. But i'm VERY happy with how the fan and shroud work. I was standing by the drivers side door when they kicked on and I could literally feel the hot air being blown under the car. Along with that...after the 30 seconds the radiator was still only warm to the touch. Right before they kicked on and the thermostat opened it was damn hot..couldn't rest my hand on it.

Anyways... I went ahead and ordered the pig-tail for the Fast Acting Air Intake Temp Sensor...this way I don't have to cut my harness any further... just simply Plug it in. I'll have to look about the calibration process though.. Don't you just drop it in some ice water? I'll do some research.

I was also able to install my drivers side spare rear brake caliper. I got the spare off muibubbles for a good price and even though it has rust on it....it should do just fine while I try and clean the threads out of my nice blasted/painted rebuilt caliper. I went ahead and installed the steel Speed bleeder in it before I bolted it on. Also......I don't know why anyone would ever use Brass bleeders over stainless ones anyways.. Seems Idiotic to me. And yea I have 3 on the other 3 calipers of my car....but I'll be replacing them with steel bleeders when I get a BBK in the next year or so.

I'm almost done with my wheel spacer set up. I think I still need another 5mm of spacing to get the wheel where I want it. But for now it's enough. Made up my mind on tire size though, And i'll definitely be running 245's up front. Just not sure if I should put a 35 series or 40 on there. We'll see. More updates soon!
Old 05-28-2013, 08:08 AM   #297
bc.
Zilvia Addict

Awesome stuff! yeah, ice water or boiling water should calibrate it, use a bunch of ice if you go that route.
Old 05-28-2013, 11:46 AM   #298
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

^Will Do.. Should be getting the pig-tail for direct plug in pretty soon here.
Old 05-31-2013, 11:09 AM   #299
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

so I had a few days off and got back to work on the car. l went for a little test drive around the block and backed out of the garage.... All the sudden the car was running on one rotor.. then both kicked back on and then one again....then the car died. Started the car again and it started on one rotor then died. EGT's were normal and there was no backfiring. Had to push the car back to the house..and into the garage.. Major pain.

well 4 hours later.. Still wouldn't start. Figured it might be my FPR going out. after all this one was 5 years old. Pulled it apart..and it looked brand new inside...
Only thing i could think of was that some of the insulation from the Fire sleeve got into the fuel lines and was possibly clogging an injector etc.. Tested all injectors..all getting 12 V..and waveform's all looked regular. Ignition checked out.... So I pulled the plugs. They looked normal...so I figured maybe they just fouled out? I wasnt sure so I replaced them. Same crap..thought I might've messed up my plug wire order... nahh all checked out. SO I was stumped. Took a break..talked to a couple friends.. decided to open up the fuel tank to check if the lines might've sprung a leak? the fuel pressure was a little low.. So I pulled my Pump assembly out and......
hi my name is idiot..

My fuel level sensor was broken.. I have a new one but didn't install it yet. And when I put gas in I only put 5 gallons haha..so that was that. Put gas in it and she fired right up, no problems. I guess sometimes we all do stupid stuff..this one just happened to put me in a horrible mood for 2 days hah. Anyways..

While I had the UIM off I wired in the Triumph Fast acting Air Intake Sensor pig tail..and calibrated the Actual sensor in Ice water before installation.

Heres the location. I guess I could've chosen a better location but It works pretty good where it is from what I could see on the adaptronic live screen display. Had to put a washer and a half to ensure the sensor wouldn't leak because it was on a bend but i'm pretty confident theres no leak.

Plugged in..works great, on to the next. Which is where i'm at today. After work i'll be driving over to the fab shop to get the lower radiator mounts beefed up a bit. Hopefully finishing up my exhaust, Front Bash bar and then the car should be pretty much ready for tune. More updates soon!

Stay tuned!!
Old 05-31-2013, 02:33 PM   #300
SuperLame

Trader Rating: (1)
SuperLame is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Sub'd. What an amazing build.
SuperLame is offline   Reply With Quote