Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > Canada > Ontario

Old 01-23-2015, 09:17 PM   #1
Ben1337

Trader Rating: (0)
Ben1337 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
N00b here, what did I get myself into..

First post, let me say, I've wanted a 240SX since my first time playing NFS Underground, it was the only car I refused to change the headlights on lol.

I've been a VW slave for most of my life and recently I just traded one of my project Jetta's and the parts car that goes with it for a 1989 240SX Coupe with a basement full of parts.

From what I've been told it needs tie rods (expected), I'm assuming ball joints as well, needs a new catalytic converter for safety inspection so I'm thinking the old case of beer in the back might get that by. The whole car is painted satin black, has 194,xxxkm on it, head has been rebuilt once from what I've been told, it's a KA24E, R200 open diff, and because it's an 89, it's a pig nose.

It's literally the best of of everything, and by best, I mean the absolute worst, so I'm super excited.

Future plans will probably consist of never caring about anything, locating K24DE head and all components to make that play nicely, and an R200V or Z32 or VLSD?, I'm not sure what the proper term is in Nissan world, I just want to slide around cones in parking lots on race weekends with a KA24E-DE with LSD and no ABS

I'll try to get some pictures up once I get it all buttoned up, it's currently in quite a few pieces.

Anyone know where I can locate everything I need to do an LSD swap or K24DE head conversion? I heard it's something like 11.3:1 compression ratio and pulls the mad torques at stop lights.

..and if anyone cares, my current summer daily is a stanced out(tucking 18's, 3ish inches from the ground) 2005 Acura TL, and my winter daily is a Bro Truck(6" lift, annoyingly loud exhaust, 35" winter priority mud tires) 2003 Dodge RAM 2500.

If I can find a KA24DE head and all of the goodies to make a KA24E-DE with LSD swap, I might enter CSCS this year and make an absolute fool of myself, should be fun.

Any tips or advice for the future direction of my build is greatly appreciated. I really need to know where I can find all the parts online, we have almost nothing locally, finding this car locally is a dream and I'm lucky to have even found it.
Ben1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2015, 12:39 AM   #2
LuxExperience
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
LuxExperience is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Check the son240 forums or kijiji everything. That's your best bet. Shipping from the states will cost you quite a bit
LuxExperience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 08:45 AM   #3
Crazyced
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Crazyced is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I'm from Ottawa and I ship the US parts I order to the UPS store in Ogdensburg, literally 1km from the border. Every time I go there it's filled with Canadians.

Too bad our currency is plummeting though.
Crazyced is offline   Reply With Quote