Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Reviews Forum > Businesses

Businesses Review your dealings with commercial entities here. Remember: Fair and objective. Flaming, accusations, and complaints are not allowed. Zilvia is not a grievance forum.

Old 05-10-2016, 06:37 PM   #1
zombiewolf513
BANNED

Trader Rating: (6)
zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
JDM-Expo.com

Has anyone used JDM Expo? Any stories good or bad?

Thanks
zombiewolf513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-2016, 06:47 PM   #2
g35gabby
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
g35gabby is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
There have been lots of horror stories of late of garbage cars coming from them and not shipping when they promise. the one guy on Nico seems to have had it the worse, several months of missed shipments. When car finally got here it barely had compression on the engine and lots of rust.
Old 06-10-2016, 07:40 AM   #3
Babu

Trader Rating: (0)
Babu is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
They are pretty good company actually. I have visited them several times and I personally know many people who bought cars from them who are pretty happy with the purchase.

I would advice to check out there reviews here
http://jdm-expo.com/content/13-review
https://www.facebook.com/jdmsalejapan/reviews

and ask for the experience of the people who have previously done business with them.
Good luck!

Last edited by Babu; 06-21-2016 at 09:38 AM..
Babu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 09:57 AM   #4
DanP

DanP is an unknown quantity at this point
Garbage. Unless you're buying something for like $30k+ don't expect any maintenance, inspection or even accurate photos. Their photos on the site are taken at odd angles so that any issues are conveniently hidden. Problems like dents, paint damage and clearcoat peeling are simply "to be expected" and if you are upset that they failed to tell you about those things you are a whiner. Don't believe the positive reviews you see either, they give partial refunds to people who leave negative reviews in exchange for them changing it to a 5-star positive one.

Last edited by DanP; 11-05-2017 at 09:27 PM..
DanP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 11:21 AM   #5
Babu

Here is one of their latest review by Laren Blind:

"This past year, I stumbled upon a car that JDM EXPO had listed for sale. Upon sending an inquiry, I received a reply from Abror regarding the car. I had NEVER imported any vehicle, so I had MANY questions. Abror was very helpful and never made me feel as though answering all of those questions that I had was anything more than part of the process. I purchased the car and then had to WAIT, as the car that I had purchased had to age, in order for it to be legally imported in the the USA. Abror kept me informed every step along the way, and once the car had reached the 25 year point, he arranged shipping and got the car on it's way. I was more than a bit uncomfortable with having purchased a car that I was not personally able to view/inspect, but was VERY satisfied with what arrived here in the US. The car ended up as it had been described and advertised, a very well cared for 25 year old car. I would GLADLY purchase another car from JDM EXPO, and would recommend both Abror and JDM EXPO to anyone that has interest in purchasing and importing a QUALITY vehicle from Japan."

Just google for jdm expo reviews to see more of those.

Last edited by Babu; 06-22-2016 at 01:59 AM..
Old 06-15-2016, 11:23 AM   #6
Babu

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiewolf513 View Post
Has anyone used JDM Expo? Any stories good or bad?

Thanks
Let us know your experience afterwards

Last edited by Babu; 06-21-2016 at 09:48 AM..
Old 06-23-2016, 06:13 AM   #7
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
As a business owner, I do understand that you would want to direct possible new customers to the correct place to read the reviews and make a decision for themselves, but you don't need to actually post the "reviews" in here.

It would have looked 1000x better for yourselves if you just said

"Hello, im Dan and I suggest you take a look at our reviews page (insert URL). I can also put you in contact with our many satisfied customers. Please pm me with with any questions you may have at any time."

Posting all those "reviews" (I only put airquotes because there are sites that offer the service of writing multiple fake reviews which exist on many sites) doesn't really do anything but make you look like those Craigslist "vendors" who "totally lEGiT bRo" imported r34's and s15s for 17 grand.

Fyi, the reviewee isn't allowed to actually post in their thread as well.
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 08:50 PM   #8
perpetualdrift

perpetualdrift is an unknown quantity at this point
I've done business with them a few times and have seen their yards, once in 2015 when dropping off a car they were shipping for me, and later that year when inspecting an R32 I was considering bringing back to the States. They definitely upgraded when I stopped by last year and saw their paved lot and new offices which was nice to see.

I've had a few guys I knew back when I was stationed in Yokosuka have JDM Expo ship their cars back, sometimes the Navy didn't like sending POVs or there was some other hassle and it was great they definitely pulled through, including paperwork on the receiving end for Customs and the Feds, all the stuff you need for your local DMV to process it.

I did have a problem later in 2015, with delay with the R32 I got from them, but JDM Expo stayed in contact with me and my friend that was helping since I was on deployment. Unfortunately, my car was held up for 2 months because of their receiving partner (Rivsu in Florida) was in some sort of disagreement between them. Not sure what that had to do with me as a customer since I paid expedited processing and Rivsu refused to refund that couple hundred bucks. Wasted my leave when I was hoping to have the paperwork to get my temp stickers so I could do a photoshoot in San Francisco.

I had more than enough headaches dealing with California as it would cost me as much as the car just to CARB-certify it so I ended up selling to a guy in another state by the end of the year.

All in all, decent experiences working with them, I think they have more reliable partners now since I know two guys that shipped with them last year and had no issues, I can't comment on the US branch since I had not visited nor processed any orders with them.

On their website each car tends to have at least two dozen pictures and a video and stuff, and they reply pretty quickly if you have questions or want to see records or close-ups of any part of the car.

Thinking back to my experience checking the car and what they had posted on their site they pretty much covered all the questions I had and let me check it out in person, I know not everyone can do that since I was stationed just a few hours away, but the website coverage was enough I didn't really have to visit, was still fun seeing a couple dozen Skylines in their yard.
perpetualdrift is offline   Reply With Quote