Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 08-15-2017, 10:38 AM   #61
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
da_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Where can one source reman calipers? Also, what pushed your wheel out, stock rear knuckles or the psm drop knuckle?
da_crew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2017, 03:58 PM   #62
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by da_crew10 View Post
Where can one source reman calipers? Also, what pushed your wheel out, stock rear knuckles or the psm drop knuckle?
pbm, pbm.

so the car came with a welded already in it when i bought it. the drain and fill plugs were both stripped out, so i never changed the fluid. not once over the last 3+ years haha. finally got around to installing a 4.3 final drive and welding/plating the spare diff i picked up a while ago. also put the villains stub shafts and z33 axles in. should be solid as hell now!

drove it around a bit and took it in for an alignment

it gave me a chance to check out how much of a difference hot side knuckles made under load. arms and tie rods are nearly level now (ignore the grime. fucking chase bays power steering kit )

and the rears with the pbm knuckle. not quite level, but a hell of a lot better than before!

and somehow the rear alignment stayed in spec without a single adjustment after putting the pbm knuckles on

all ready for the weekend!
Old 08-18-2017, 06:49 PM   #63
Initial Drift
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Initial Drift has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
did the chase bays kit leak?
Initial Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 12:14 AM   #64
deolio
Post Whore!

deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Initial Drift View Post
if this is a joke, i don't like this one
Old 08-19-2017, 09:22 AM   #65
Rustys14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
Rustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
I don't know if I've ever been as disappointed in a product as I have been with my chasebays powersteering kit... Glad to know it's not just me lol.
Rustys14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 10:38 AM   #66
deolio
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustys14 View Post
I don't know if I've ever been as disappointed in a product as I have been with my chasebays powersteering kit... Glad to know it's not just me lol.
legit 100% of the people i know with it have constant problems. i think my pump is just rekt now. constantly shooting fluid out and overflowing the reservoir, which has been replaced with their "better" v2 unit... idk maybe it's just too little too late haha
Old 08-19-2017, 01:54 PM   #67
Initial Drift
Premium Member

Initial Drift has disabled reputation
I wasn't aware of it. Never really looked into their products much anyways. Glad to know to avoid it now tho.
Initial Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 10:54 PM   #68
deolio
Post Whore!

sunday started off cool. trying to figure out the new setup while learning the track reverse was a challenge. it became very apparent that getting my rack moved forward is necessary to take full advantage of the knuckles. having a 4.3 is awesome. i've never had the ability to actually maintain a drift in third gear before hahaha

i was having a ton of fun just trying to rip as hard as i could, but was only able to get 5-6 full drifting runs in due to the run group getting black flagged a bunch of times (broken cars on track) and the car getting a little warmer than i was comfortable with. and then there was fire...

it seems that an off-track excursion caused my downpipe to separate from the turbo, which was enough to get something ignited under the hood, which spread to the breather tube, hood, and bmc. i had an extinguisher in my car, but it didn't really do anything. a guy behind me hopped out of his car and tried to help too, but his extinguisher didn't really do anything either, so we just had to sit there and wait until the professionals arrived.

the damage doesn't really look too bad. hood, a couple tubes, and some heat shielding were the only real casualties. probably also need to replace the coil pack harness, throttle cable, and windshield cowell cover. really just don't want to have to clean everything up. going to be a mess and a pain in the ass
Old 08-22-2017, 06:39 AM   #69
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Man, sorry again Max. Really sucks. So glad it wasn't worse though!

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 12:25 PM   #70
deolio
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
Man, sorry again Max. Really sucks. So glad it wasn't worse though!
thanks dadmon! <3 <3 <3

videos

before the fire
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXGp6Itt_Ng

the fire
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PC2M4IaGx0
Old 08-22-2017, 08:33 PM   #71
supersayianjim
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
supersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
so you don't like the charge speed wing??
supersayianjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 10:03 PM   #72
deolio
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersayianjim View Post
so you don't like the charge speed wing??
i did, but it didn't match the style of the wonder aero

here's some more detailed photos of the damage for anyone interested

replaced the tubes and cleaned the bay up A LOT. surprisingly, brake fluid was the only thing i found that would get rid of the fire suppression fluid they use at the track. new bmc reservoir and cap and wiper cowl. throttle cable, coil packs, cp harness, and turbo and downpipe gaskets are yet to arrive, but it should all be ready for super d cup round 3.

some random super d cup round 2 film photos

also, this two tone i picked up last january (february?), then gave to my team mate, is back in my possession and will see some love this coming winter and spring legit lowest mileage 240sx i've ever owned, at 161k, which isn't that great, but its super clean (interior and chassis-wise) and has me very excited for a chance at redemption hahaha
Old 11-14-2017, 05:42 PM   #73
deolio
Post Whore!

some friends came to help/look at their phones while prepping for super d rd 3

figured out the main source of all of my power steering issues. kinda hard to see in the pic, but theres some steel braid in the line. not sure how this happened... replaced with a new line. and moved the ps reservoir to right next to the clutch master cyl. hopefully it'll stay cooler there?

stole the hood off the twotone shell, called it good, and went drifting

battled against al in top 16. his car is way too fast

al was easily able to keep up with me, and touched the butt, so naturally he won.

pulled in after the battle and the left side of the car was clunking. thought it was my axel somehow, but i couldn't find anything definitive. dom broke a spring off his clutch disk so i let him borrow my car to do his top 16 run in. he went in the first turn and the ebrake stayed up. second run was pretty solid. it was cool to see my car shooting dual flames haha. when he pulled back in the clunking was worse. i found some metal shavings around the left wheel. then i realized the lug nuts weren't centered in the holes. loose lugs DOH

not sure how they loosened or if i just didn't tighten them all the way or what, but it was fine for a dozen or so runs before being noticeable...

oh well. at least i have two pairs of rear wheels. i'm sure the local wheel repair shop i've taken my broken shit to before can fix it no problem.

roy was nice enough to install some auto-collect storm fender braces for me at the track. fenders are sturdy as hell now! also got a harness protector, but not sure where it ended up after the event

it's been nice driving around on these brisk fall/winter nights after the miserable heat all summer long

new aero should be showing up at the end of the month. very excited to update the look!
Old 11-15-2017, 07:20 AM   #74
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
New look very excite!

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 08:05 AM   #75
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Whatcha goin with for aero?

Also, are those the full clears tinted red?
tuzzio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 01:42 PM   #76
deolio
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
Whatcha goin with for aero?

Also, are those the full clears tinted red?
uras and nah, just stock with shaved markings. saving the clears for a project
Old 11-15-2017, 04:33 PM   #77
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustys14 View Post
Quote:
legit 100% of the people i know with it have constant problems. i think my pump is just rekt now. constantly shooting fluid out and overflowing the reservoir, which has been replaced with their "better" v2 unit... idk maybe it's just too little too late haha
Quote:
figured out the main source of all of my power steering issues. kinda hard to see in the pic, but theres some steel braid in the line. not sure how this happened... replaced with a new line. and moved the ps reservoir to right next to the clutch master cyl. hopefully it'll stay cooler there?

*cough*shamelessplug*cough* That kit is half of the reason I went and designed my own setup. Went through several iterations of the reservoir until I realized KRC makes an awesome one right off the shelf.

https://www.whalentuned.com/collecti...r-steering-kit

That line is the result of using the improper hose type for the application. I had that kit on my KA and it did the same thing. Normal an hose should never be used in a push-on application.

Car is rad btw man, how's turn in/braking with that much camber up front? Looks like the hotside knuckle has about the perfect amount of roll center correction!

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 09:52 PM   #78
deolio
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
*cough*shamelessplug*cough* That kit is half of the reason I went and designed my own setup. Went through several iterations of the reservoir until I realized KRC makes an awesome one right off the shelf.[/IMG]

https://www.whalentuned.com/collecti...r-steering-kit

That line is the result of using the improper hose type for the application. I had that kit on my KA and it did the same thing. Normal an hose should never be used in a push-on application.

Car is rad btw man, how's turn in/braking with that much camber up front? Looks like the hotside knuckle has about the perfect amount of roll center correction!
damnnn that kit looks nice as hell! yeah I thought the use of an for that hose was odd. we’ll see how long this fix lasts then it might be time to switch over to your kit haha

thanks! feels pretty good considering. squirms a bit under hard braking, which isn’t surprising. once i’ve got some wider front fenders i’m gonna try to dial some camber out. the knuckles are perfect. there’s a dip in the skidpad that used to rip the wheel out of my hands with my old knuckles, but it wasn’t even noticeable with hotside.
Old 11-16-2017, 08:05 AM   #79
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
uras and nah, just stock with shaved markings. saving the clears for a project
dontcha worry, i'll have more in a few months
tuzzio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 08:28 AM   #80
obscene
Leaky Injector

obscene is an unknown quantity at this point
sorry to read about the fire, but happy you were able to back in business so quickly.

also, following for more chase bays power steering info.. I've had some headaches with this kit too but don't have enough driving time on it to confirm..
obscene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 10:07 PM   #81
deolio
Post Whore!

Super D Cup Round 4! It was pretty rad. the layout was a lot of fun. the morning started off very wet. i swear i watched like 15-20 runs before someone linked the layout without spinning (including me haha) but after everyone aired way down and figured out how to be gentile as fuck, it was game on!

super d qualifying is run like a jam session, where it's a free for all and the judges keep track of who is driving good and whatnot throughout the session, which is pretty rad imo. i was able to get in a ton of runs with dom, dan from daring partners, wolfreign aaron, and the animal style dudes before qualifying was over.

(just a couple pics from qualifying. more to come...)

top 16 battles are set up by randomly drawing out of a hat. as soon as they drew dom's name i had a feeling it was going to be a battle of the team mates. i was right. we did ro-sham-bo to determine who led first, winner leading first. i won. seemed like dom was on my tail the entire time, so going into my follow run i knew i had to push it, which led to some carnage hahaha

i cut the first corner a little too close, running over a tire, which instantly launched my sideskirt like a missile and almost came through my window. i also cut the second corner a bit too tight, which caused my already broken bumper to shed some fiberglass, which flew in the air, over my car, and landed on my trunk before falling to the ground. i think the mayhem helped me move on to the next round... to battle julian...

i lead first again. julian was on my door the entire time of corse. i did a hard chuck into the last hairpin to try to scare him off, but he wasn't fazed. again, i pushed hard on my follow. i guess it was enough because we went one more time. my second lead run was nearly identical to the first, but i was able to pull out a little more of a gap. on the follow, i was super close on initiation, but then halfway through the turn the car began to slow and grip up. somehow i was able to keep him from pulling out too much of a gap, but in the last turn i didn't have enough power to dig out, gripped up, and sadly lost the battle.

after the comp ended, i let my friend take my car out for a few runs. it looked like he was struggling, so i hopped in. sure enough, the car was down on power. i thought it was just a fluke in comp, but when i got back to the pits and looked through the bay i found the problem.

i was glad that it was a simple fix this time, but i didn't have any spare couplers at the track so i called it a day.

so amazing seeing how much everyone who has driven all (or most) rounds has progressed just from this silly little skidpad competition.

here's a little video from the event

Old 11-30-2017, 03:28 AM   #82
TMW
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
TMW is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
happy to see an update in this thread.

aero going to be uras gt?
Old 12-13-2017, 12:10 AM   #83
deolio
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMW View Post
aero going to be uras gt?
to answer that question:

uras sent the wrong box canards and the brackets/hardware for the diffuser got misplaced. but uhhhh i'm still very excited. grabbed some origin front fenders and kinda mocked up the front end. i've been running 13mm of spacers on one side of the car and none on the other, thinking my fenders were just messed up, since i can't recall a specifically hard hit to the passenger side since doing the tube front, but putting these new fenders on confirmed my fears. looks like the front is out of whack in one way or another. guess it's time to get the old girl on a frame rack and see what's up before starting paint prep
Old 12-13-2017, 07:48 AM   #84
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Krusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud of
URAS GT is the business
Old 12-13-2017, 03:13 PM   #85
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
So, what happened with the K24? :0
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 06:15 PM   #86
deolio
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
So, what happened with the K24? :0
lol it's been chillin. waiting to pick up a k20 head before i really start digging into it. don't worry, it's still going to happen... eventually...
Old 12-15-2017, 09:41 AM   #87
Kingbaby
Zilvia Junkie

Kingbaby is an unknown quantity at this point
I thought you had a miata ?

super cool car
#0191 "Lin'da" 2AMR>2AMR>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi View Post
That's pretty cool. Never sell it, you'll regret it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisastickup View Post
I donut see an FC on this page, man
Kingbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 04:30 PM   #88
deolio
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingbaby View Post
I thought you had a miata ?

super cool car
haha not for a while now. thanks!

threw the old front end back on for one last horrah. drove club drift and super d party nye on the 30th and 31st. first time driving events two days in a row in a couple years. forgot how exhausted you are by the second day haha

it was a pretty good time. the new skidpad at thunder hill is HUGE, but the layout was a bit awkward. right between 2nd and 3rd with my 4.3, which meant i had to slip the hell out of my clutch, which i ended up burning out and i ended up finally killing my front bumper for real this time good thing it was time for the car to be down for a bit anyway! excited to get started on making it all pretty again
Old 01-04-2018, 06:15 PM   #89
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Maverick is working on a K series to CD009 adapter plate now. Makes me want to start on an NA build with my spare chassis.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 06:55 PM   #90
deolio
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Maverick is working on a K series to CD009 adapter plate now. Makes me want to start on an NA build with my spare chassis.
i don’t like how cd009 feels, or the size of those damn things. k miata makes an adapter plate for the bmw zf trans, which is way smaller and good up to 700hp. that’s the route i’m planning on going.