Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-23-2018, 11:20 AM   #1
Basedsx

Trader Rating: (0)
Basedsx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ebay turbo

I have found this kit for 600 dollars!?!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ka24-240sx-....c100675.m4236

My question is, if I intend to upgrade piece by piece, would this be a good setup for like 6 months? I have a z32, 370cc injects ad am going to get an enthalpy tune. Any thoughts? Hoping for 250 HP
Basedsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2018, 11:24 AM   #2
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
KAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Manifold will put turbo close to brake master cylinder which will melt it then set the car on fire.
Old 02-23-2018, 12:01 PM   #3
Zenki_559
Leaky Injector

Zenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT-PWR View Post
Manifold will put turbo close to brake master cylinder which will melt it then set the car on fire.
Manifold placement is definitely something you will have to watch for. First one i had definitely put the turbo way to close to the BMC. Picked up an EMUSA manifold for $20 locally and it moved the turbo more forward. I ran pretty much a full ebay kit, with 370s, bkr7e's? (maybe bkr5e's, dont remember which is which) and an safc for about a year as my daily with no problems. Wasnt the best setup but it worked for what it was before I sold it.
Zenki_559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 12:30 PM   #4
NiSilS14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (20)
NiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
you're better off piecing together your own kit. even a budget SR-style setup is way better than that pile of trash. A bunch of fab parts and a junk ass turbo only means you still have to put time and effort to begin with and after it's all done. Spend the money where it needs to spent or save up if you can't
Old 02-23-2018, 01:22 PM   #5
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I have literally lost "friends" over ebay turbo discussions. buy once cry once.

you want a cheap hobby, collect stamps or something.
jumpman2334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 01:26 PM   #6
derass
Zilvia FREAK!

derass is making a name for him/her selfderass is making a name for him/her self
apart from everything in that kit being garbage, the only thing ka24/240sx about that "kit" is the turbo manifold. good luck with any of that

but it's only for 6 months though, right? so fuck it? install ebay garbage then sell that shitty 240?
derass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 02:06 PM   #7
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

KAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really nice
Get a holset turbo from a junkyard (hy35)
Buy an okay manifold that sits the turbo forward
Buy 550cc injectors (not off eBay)
Get an eBay/isis intercooler kit
Get an enthalpy tune
Old 02-23-2018, 02:16 PM   #8
EFITTZY
Zilvia Junkie

EFITTZY is making a name for him/her selfEFITTZY is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Get a holset turbo from a junkyard (hy35)
Buy an okay manifold that sits the turbo forward
Buy 550cc injectors (not off eBay)
Get an eBay/isis intercooler kit
Get an enthalpy tune
This is about the cheapest way you can do a KA-t set up without wasting your money.

If you want to spend all your time chasing down problems and fixing cheap china crap then so be it. However if you actually want your car to be somewhat reliable and enjoyable then fallow what KAT-PWR has suggested above.

Side note- if you are even considering purchasing a trash e-bay kit, you probably need to do some more research. Check out http://www.ka-t.org/

Good luck
Old 02-23-2018, 02:27 PM   #9
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

I heard there is a new KAT forum on the horizon.... at least that's word on the street
Old 02-23-2018, 02:46 PM   #10
di-devol
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
di-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
I heard there is a new KAT forum on the horizon.... at least that's word on the street
ka-t.org not around anymore?
Old 02-23-2018, 03:04 PM   #11
anti tyler
GM2 (SW/AW)

Trader Rating: (37)
anti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
Send a message via AIM to anti tyler Send a message via Yahoo to anti tyler
I guess the ebay built KA-t I had for 10 years doesn't count? oh well 450HP down the drain.
but that shyt has SWAG

KA-T for life!
Current for sale advertisement

anti tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 09:43 AM   #12
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Quote:
Originally Posted by anti tyler View Post
I guess the ebay built KA-t I had for 10 years doesn't count? oh well 450HP down the drain.
I-built-my-car-using-shitty-parts-and-it’s-held-up-fine-for-X-time-period-with-zero-explanation-of-how-I-drove-it-or-problems-i’ve-had cliche.

The level of china shit-garbage on ebay has increased about 108482904 times since ten years ago. Just because you bought shit on ebay doesn’t equal this junk-ass kit this kid posted.

Stop telling people to take the shitty cheap route.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 09:55 AM   #13
Ilya
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
Ilya is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Don't do ebay shit. Not worth it unless it's for non mechanical parts like piping or used oem components.

Make sure to use PayPal when buying used components like turbos and don't buy items unless they offer tracking and a return policy.

And finally, do not buy ebay shit unless you can test fit it the day you get it because %60 of the items you get will not fit correctly, so it would suck to find this out after you finished you 8 month "parts gathering" phase.

You are better off buying from amazon prime.
Ilya is offline   Reply With Quote