Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 12-28-2016, 12:47 PM   #1
NickIsAZero
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (41)
NickIsAZero is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Post NickIsAZero's S15 Build Complete With Dyno Sheets & Track Times

Hello everyone! Been a member of Zilvia for quite sometime and like to think I've built some pretty cool s-chassis in the past. This thread is to document the build of my '99 Silvia. Thank you to Charleston Performance Solutions for giving me access to their dyno. So now I'm able to share how much power is gained/loss with each modification.
I also keep my Facebook page updated to document the build aswell: S15 Build

Consider this an empty canvas.
Stock as stock can be '99 Nissan Silvia Spec-S with 142,900 km on the odometer. Purchased from BLACKED OUT Motorsports on 4/16/2016.

NickIsAZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2016, 02:50 PM   #2
NickIsAZero
Zilvia FREAK!

May 2, 2016
After much research I finally ordered a set of my dream wheels from JDM California Motors. I'm not sure if I can contain myself during the 5-6 day arrival time. After much research I decided on a set of Fortune Auto 500 series coilovers with custom spring rates. Once again thank you to Enjuku Racing for the fast customer service and pricing! Here's a teaser of the wheels.
Old 12-29-2016, 02:59 PM   #3
NickIsAZero
Zilvia FREAK!

May 8, 2016
Attended Global Time Attack & Formula Drift over the weekend in Georgia. That's my 6th year in a row and it gets better every year! I hope to run in the enthusiast class next year with the Silvia.

Old 12-29-2016, 03:01 PM   #4
NickIsAZero
Zilvia FREAK!

May 9, 2016
I purchased a Nismo spoiler from a private seller on eBay and it arrived today. These are just some test fits. Not sure if I like it or not, but I'm sure it'll grow on me.

Old 12-29-2016, 03:02 PM   #5
NickIsAZero
Zilvia FREAK!

May 12, 2016
My Rays 57 PRO's arrived today, can't wait to see them on the car! They are 18x10/9 +22
Thank you JDM California Motors for the extra packaging and getting them here safely.
Old 12-29-2016, 03:03 PM   #6
NickIsAZero
Zilvia FREAK!

May 23, 2016
I was lucky and was able to find a set of R32 GTR calipers & rotors on Craigslist. Scooped them up from a GTR owner just 3 miles from my house.
With a little cleanup, some new hardware and nice pads these will look at home on my car.

Thank you GKtech for these quality caster, tension, camber & rear toe arms. Along with eccentric lock-out bolts and stainless brake lines for my newly acquired GTR calipers.

Old 12-29-2016, 03:09 PM   #7
NickIsAZero
Zilvia FREAK!

June 8, 2016
Late night delivery from the UPS man... Fortune Auto 500 series coilovers from Enjuku Racing. 9kg/8kg custom spring rates, nothing crazy but should be perfect on the street with light track use.

Couldn't resist snapping a picture of it in the daytime after the coilover install lastnight. The GKtech control arms are going on tonight with possibly a bit more low once the springs settle in place.
Old 12-29-2016, 03:16 PM   #8
NickIsAZero
Zilvia FREAK!

June 13, 2016
Tonight I installed R32 Skyline calipers & rotors on the front. These are a direct bolt-in once you remove the dust shields and use GKtech R32 stainless brake lines.
These are a cost effective upgrade from the single piston caliper and 280mm x 22mm rotor to 4 piston, 296mm x 32mm rotor.

Old 12-29-2016, 03:17 PM   #9
NickIsAZero
Zilvia FREAK!

June 14, 2016
Quick project today after work. I polished up the near 20 year old headlights using Chemical Guys All In One Polish + Sealant. Night & day difference, but did manage to scratch the front bumper while I wasn't paying attention. That's ok for now, I plan on having the car and new aero parts resprayed pearl white next month.

Old 12-29-2016, 03:25 PM   #10
NickIsAZero
Zilvia FREAK!

September 28, 2016
Spending sometime today modifying a DC2 lip to fit properly. I've seen a lot of poorly (very poorly) examples of this. However I feel like mine is getting pretty close to where it should be. Not sure if I'm going to keep it on, or not.

Old 12-29-2016, 03:42 PM   #11
NickIsAZero
Zilvia FREAK!

November 21, 2016
Had a great weekend running PDX at Roebling Road Raceway! Awesome weather for racing and camping out, look forward to bettering my lap times. Not bad for a 2,800lb car with 121hp spinning an open diff I think!

Old 12-29-2016, 03:54 PM   #12
NickIsAZero
Zilvia FREAK!

December 8, 2016
Over the weekend I swapped from the factory DE engine, 5 speed transmission and open differential to Spec-R components. Now running the SR20DET, 6 speed transmission with helical differential. Thank you to BLACKED OUT Motorsports for supplying a super low mileage, complete swap! On the original engine I made a whopping 121hp. With the factory Spec-R I'm sitting at a healthy 200'ish.

Old 12-29-2016, 03:56 PM   #13
NickIsAZero
Zilvia FREAK!

December 22, 2016
After installing the GReddy Racing Profec boost controller it needs to be dialed in for perfection. Rather than doing countless street pulls it's easier (and ticket free) to strap down at Charleston Performance Solutions.
On wastegate pressure (7.5psi) it made 188hp/194tq. 10psi made 239hp/240tq and at 12psi made 247hp/258tq.
Sounds like pretty healthy numbers with a completely stock car minus a cone filter. Excited to see how a 3" catless exhaust will flow over the factory 2" with a factory catalytic converter. The factory side mount intercooler was noticeably warm after each pull. An aftermarket front mount will definitely be used in the future.

Old 12-29-2016, 03:58 PM   #14
NickIsAZero
Zilvia FREAK!

December 27, 2016
It was time for the restrictive factory exhaust to go. I sourced a used Blitz Nur Spec catback from a local's S14 and installed it. Lined up and bolted up perfectly to the factory catalytic converter. Sounds proper, deep and anything but raspy! I'll get it back on the dyno ASAP to see if there was any gains.
Spent some time on the dyno tonight to evaluate the performance gains after installing a Blitz Nur Spec catback exhaust. Roughly 14 horsepower gained and mainly in the top end. Two graphs shown: One at wastegate pressure and the other at 14psi.
Note that I am still running the factory Japanese catalytic converter.

Old 12-29-2016, 09:52 PM   #15
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Looking good so far, my man!

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 09:10 AM   #16
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Dolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I love the fact that your mods are tested on the dyno and you get to see actual results.
Old 12-30-2016, 09:24 AM   #17
NickIsAZero
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolph_KYAS13 View Post
I love the fact that your mods are tested on the dyno and you get to see actual results.
That's the goal! To see how much is truly gained with each upgrade rather than just people talking about their "butt dyno" results.