Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-29-2018, 09:17 PM   #1
mbu144

Trader Rating: (0)
mbu144 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SR20DET Loud Exhaust! Blast Pipe!

Hello everyone,
Extremely new to the car building scene.
Long story short, I have a sr20Det and I am looking for a loud exhaust. Honestly, something that my weird neighbor from across the street would hate.

I did research and the exhaust that caught my eye and sounded aggressive was the ISR Blast Pipes. I am strongly considering this exhasut in possibly 4" piping. I read about the HKS and Spec R exhaust systems and I like them. However, I want that aggressive sound like the ISR blast pipes deliver.

Is getting the blast pipes a good idea?
What are your recommendations?
mbu144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2018, 09:19 PM   #2
nisileighty
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
nisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
My SR wasn’t nearly loud enough to piss off my neighbors, I had a 3.5” straight pipe. Unless you sit in your driveway revving the piss out of your car, you’re not gonna do much to make them irritated.
nisileighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 09:24 PM   #3
mbu144

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisileighty View Post
My SR wasn’t nearly loud enough to piss off my neighbors, I had a 3.5” straight pipe. Unless you sit in your driveway revving the piss out of your car, you’re not gonna do much to make them irritated.
Damn haha.... well then I might be going with the 4" piping then. I was thinking that the 4" was going to be to loud.
Old 09-29-2018, 09:31 PM   #4
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
DJTTon is on the path to ruinDJTTon is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Hopefully you dont intend on having passengers or doing any long drives. That shit sucks my man. I have a 3 inch straight pipe to the tail with a fat ass dual tip ASPEC exhaust. It is louds asf and gets annoying after a while.
Old 09-29-2018, 09:33 PM   #5
mbu144

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTTon View Post
Hopefully you dont intend on having passengers or doing any long drives. That shit sucks my man. I have a 3 inch straight pipe to the tail with a fat ass dual tip ASPEC exhaust. It is louds asf and gets annoying after a while.
No sir, this will not be a daily driver car at all.....but now im debating the 3" piping haha. Not trying to have the cops on my ass.
Old 09-29-2018, 09:35 PM   #6
nisileighty
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
nisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
SR20DET Loud Exhaust! Blast Pipe!

I never had any police troubles, drove the car like that daily for about a year.

I agree with DJ though, an exhaust that loud on the highway isn’t fun especially when you have a girl in the passenger seat, unless she’s a dude. You can say bye to having a conversation in the car.
nisileighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 12:46 AM   #7
CalebS13
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
CalebS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
3 inch to 4 inch blast pipes. i have 3 inch on my ka-t and its STUPID loud. im changing it bc its so loud.
CalebS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 08:41 PM   #8
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
This thread is fucking AIDS. This should also be in Tech Talk, and y'all should also know better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbu144 View Post
Not trying to have the cops on my ass.
"Hey guys lmao i wanna b so fkn loud bro lmao wuts the loudest of the loudy loud pipes lmk hmu."
Old 09-30-2018, 09:10 PM   #9
feito
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
This thread is fucking AIDS.
Honestly I didn't think he'd get a single response...
Old 10-07-2018, 08:04 PM   #10
fitbmx180

fitbmx180 is an unknown quantity at this point
not recommended..will get annoying quick
fitbmx180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 03:48 AM   #11
KevinEdgar
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
KevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Just run no exhaust after the elbow

http://milktea-man.com
KevinEdgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 03:51 AM   #12
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Just start your car in the garage, stuff towels under the door to the house (so you don't annoy your parents!), and keep removing exhaust parts until it's as loud as you want! Maybe get in a few times and really get the motor singing! You'll be so happy you'll feel as if you could faint!
Old 10-10-2018, 01:03 PM   #13
Weksan

Weksan is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm running the isr 3" it sits low and is pretty loud on an sr20. My friends can hear me from a block away. I got used to the sound now. I can't imagine what a 4" would sound like.
Weksan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 01:21 PM   #14
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
just start your car in the garage, stuff towels under the door to the house (so you don't annoy your parents!), and keep removing exhaust parts until it's as loud as you want! Maybe get in a few times and really get the motor singing! You'll be so happy you'll feel as if you could faint!
diz for zilvia prez
jumpman2334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 02:31 PM   #15
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
buddy club spec II is pretty dang loud.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 02:44 PM   #16
pjurisprudencia
Leaky Injector

pjurisprudencia is an unknown quantity at this point
I had it dump right after my test pipe, it got annoying and my ears always buzzed. 5/7 don’t recommend. I bought an HKS HI-Power instead.