Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 09-22-2017, 12:38 AM   #1
Bryaaansw

Trader Rating: (0)
Bryaaansw is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sr20det sputter help

This is my first post on the forum didn't wanna have to do this but I'm stuck so i need specific help.

So the specific issue I'm having right now is my car sputters and bucks in every gear that I've tried so far but first gear is the worst, sometimes as soon as I'm fully off the clutch and give it any gas it'll start to sputter. Every other gear isn't like that but it will sputter if i try to ride the gear out at more then 40% throttle.

The car was sitting for around two months while doing a clutch, turbo gaskets, new exhaust, subframe bushings and arms, and e fan install. Before the work it didn't sputter at all. Ive had issues of sputtering before when i first got the car and that ended up being spark plug gap and i know boost leaks also cause sputtering.

Ive ran a boost leak test, no leak. TPS voltage at ~.4V closed and 4v wot. Spark plugs are less then 1000 miles old and they're NGK Iridium bkr7e gapped at .028, pulled em out anyway and checked em all looked brown and even. Checked my ECU for codes, got code 12 which if I'm not mistaken is air flow sensor, regrounded it, reset the ecu by unplugging battery and got code 55, but i changed it anyway got a refurbished one and still does the same thing. I was told to add grounds to the motor added two more from engine to chassis. Fuel pressure is at ~36 psi w/ vacuum. No blow off valve. Car is ran on an RS Enthalpy ECU.

On idle car revs all the way out to the launch control at 5k without any sputter, but drops low in rpm after which is the other issue i have and I've been having for a while. Idle is unstable and won't go down to a set RPM it'll sometimes be at 900 sometimes at 800 or 1000. It also hunts if i leave it idling you can tell it'll go up or down slightly. On cold start it sounds the healthiest and the most stable, but sometimes even tho its cold it'll go straight to 900 as if it skips the cold start.

i hope this was detailed enough for me to get some help. Also got some other issues chassis drivability related but we'll see how this goes first lol.
Bryaaansw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-2017, 02:17 PM   #2
Bryaaansw

Anybody? The car doesn't even drive anymore cause of the sputter in first gear
Old 09-25-2017, 04:30 AM   #3
gaz_moose
Zilvia Member

gaz_moose is an unknown quantity at this point
if yor air flow meter was knackered then it wouldn't rev past 3k.

if you are driving can you get it to work by gently pressing the throttle pedal down and not just flooring it?

a faulty engine temperature sender can cause funny issues like these.
gaz_moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 05:21 AM   #4
Bryaaansw

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaz_moose View Post
if yor air flow meter was knackered then it wouldn't rev past 3k.

if you are driving can you get it to work by gently pressing the throttle pedal down and not just flooring it?

a faulty engine temperature sender can cause funny issues like these.
Airflow meter is good when actually driving it'll go past 3k on idle also. And the car broke down on me. It wouldn't let me drive at all. I was getting clutch shudder then the engine sputter then it died on me
Old 10-16-2017, 03:13 PM   #5
ultimateirving
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
ultimateirving is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Sounds like it could be the coilpacks. Sputtering under load