Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 05-22-2015, 08:00 AM   #31
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
specs on LMGT1's?

I suppose these are 18x10 +15 (Nismo 400R spec?)

what are the tire sizes? and where did you get the bolts from? do you remember the torque specs for assembly? (i'm in the middle of rebuilding my LMGT1's)

Looks great man! keep it up!
Old 05-22-2015, 08:13 AM   #32
hobbs
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (43)
hobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 43 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13rhdhatch View Post
I agree with them^ yeah it may have a title etc,but that doesn't mean its legal. Unless you have correct paperwork its more then likely here illegally,either way im not here to shit on your thread,i was actually curious on the yellow jackets.
Who cares? It's a build thread, not another "discuss the legality of a skyline" thread. Not sure why people feel the need to throw in their .02 in every grey import thread, not your car, not your problem. Pretty sure the dude knows the position he's in.
hobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 11:10 AM   #33
s13rhdhatch
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (15)
s13rhdhatch is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbs View Post
Who cares? It's a build thread, not another "discuss the legality of a skyline" thread. Not sure why people feel the need to throw in their .02 in every grey import thread, not your car, not your problem. Pretty sure the dude knows the position he's in.

Yeah I know it's not my car,he might not be aware of the 25 year law. I rather put in my ".2" and let someone know if it's legal or not compared to him dumping money into it only to get seized and crushed.
s13rhdhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 01:36 PM   #34
hobbs
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (43)
hobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 43 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13rhdhatch View Post
Yeah I know it's not my car,he might not be aware of the 25 year law. I rather put in my ".2" and let someone know if it's legal or not compared to him dumping money into it only to get seized and crushed.
Again, who cares about legality, it's a build thread. If you own any BNR chassis you know about the 25 year rule, MotoRex, Kaizo and the deal with state titled cars. People who have the cash to buy them and then build them don't live under rocks.
hobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 01:38 PM   #35
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbs View Post
Believe it or not a lot of people still do not understand the law. Most people think that since the R32 is now legal under the 25 year law that cars that were imported before the 25 year law are suddenly exempt, when that is far from the fact.
Old 05-22-2015, 03:28 PM   #36
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
BossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really nice
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001 View Post
Was just thinking this. Car has to be illegally imported if he got it in 2011. Would suck to dump a lot of work into something the government decides they can take one day.
Exactly. I sure as hell would not be posting that shit on the internet. I mean people don't realize that the government just takes it. They don't give you your money back. They don't care about the false state title. They don't care about the 20g in receipts you have. They don't care that you were scammed. They take it and you are at a loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001 View Post
Believe it or not a lot of people still do not understand the law. Most people think that since the R32 is now legal under the 25 year law that cars that were imported before the 25 year law are suddenly exempt, when that is far from the fact.
This is very true. Once you actually own one, you find out how much more true this really is. You hear a lot of bullshit lol. It's really funny. The picard emoji here is an understatement.

The only way to fix it, is to deport it and import it the right way, once it is at it's legal date. If you have the means to do so.

But as stated, not my problem, no care. I don't wish it upon anyone who has a false car as I think the rules are stupid.