Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 09-20-2011, 10:05 AM   #1
ricardo_dws
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
ricardo_dws is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
s14 s14 electrical issue

alright guys well am stuck and the zilvia search engine is not working on my computer so i guess its time to ask
i have an 95 s14 and here are the problems it has and drain my batter over a few days

-windshield wipers and climate control (fyi cc only works on speed 1 and 4 so idk if its just the unit) have power even if the key is off the ignition.
-car wont crank unless the key is turned to a specific spot (turn all the way then a slight turn back)
-my power lock doesnt work (ebay alarm installed but fuse was taken out since it dont work)

am pretty sure the power locks is something different but i dont think its a coincident that the ignition, wiper and climate control dont work properly and stay on, the wiring on my driver fender is pretty mest up and their is two or so wires that cant be reconnected.
so my question is, will just replacing the harness solve the issue or can it be something else, if someone can shine light on any off this it would be highly appreciated. thanks
ricardo_dws is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2011, 09:18 AM   #2
ricardo_dws
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
ricardo_dws is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
any help at all or am i in the wrong forums or whats up... let me know
ricardo_dws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 12:38 AM   #3
Driftbandit
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
Driftbandit is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
You mentioned ebay alarm. I would start inspecting there, seeing how many car alarm and car audio "techs" are a joke electrically. 240's aren't notorious for massive random electrical issues, Volvo and British cars are. Grab the FSM and a multimeter and start repairing your interior harness, especially the damaged harness in the wheel well! If you pay someone, they'll railroad you to fix it. If you wanna buy all new harnesses you can, might even find them cheap. But I would set aside like a week to install everything, that's gonna suck royaly.
Driftbandit is offline   Reply With Quote