Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 10-06-2016, 08:57 AM   #91
R3b
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
R3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushido View Post
Ft Lauderdale here, hope my 240 doesn't get flooded or worse.
No way, im hollywood. Should hit me up sometime, got a monthlyish southfl240 meet up. Bunch of cars and really cool people, anyones welcome. Some pics of one in feb I think. Came a bit late due to work but normally 25+ cars show up with some others thrown in the mix. Had hulk hogan son show up with an r34 GTR and a LHD s15 lmao. http://imgur.com/a/BcMsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzbrady View Post
Sorry I didn't see this earlier, but yes, I'll still be running the stock booster and master cylinder, but I got a set of the JSimpson (Basically unbranded ChaseBays) lines for like $80 a while back, and the guy even accidentally sent me the matching clutch line
No plans to upgrade the MC for z32? What are you doing for rears? Ive got stock all around but will wait for funds to go ctsv fronts and z32 rear. Im sure my booster is dicked from the last owner running no protection when he had a downpipe made to literally hit the booster and boil the brakes lol. Want to replace everything in one go.
R3b is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2016, 08:59 AM   #92
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
hanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
No plans to upgrade the MC for z32? What are you doing for rears? Ive got stock all around but will wait for funds to go ctsv fronts and z32 rear. Im sure my booster is dicked from the last owner running no protection when he had a downpipe made to literally hit the booster and boil the brakes lol. Want to replace everything in one go.
Not anytime soon, I only have Z32 fronts, the rears are staying stock for now. If it feels weird then I'll upgrade but for now I'm pretty sure stock will do, if anything I'd got to a boosterless setup.
Old 11-10-2016, 10:18 AM   #93
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

hanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura about
Man where does the time go, between work and every other aspect of life it's been hard finding time for the car. It's odd to finally be a point where time is the hold up and not so much money. Anyways I hope you guys don't mind me updating this with some personal life stuff as well as car progress, I feel like the best build threads are the ones that you get to feel like you're actually learning about the person writing it.

So, as per the car, I started putting the front suspension back together and started putting the five lug components together, I was cheap and just drilled the front hubs on my press and I'm just waiting on my wheel studs at this point, I also am trying to find some time to make the Nismo style power brace.

I also redid my radiator support because I was not happy at all with the first idea that came to mind and rightfully corrected it. It's now held in with two bolts and is made of 3/4" tubing and a bit of flat bar

Previous version which was just some aluminum bar stock bent to shape that I was disappointed in myself for even considering.

And here's the updated one, with some form of progress pics lol

I then of course threw my favorite ricer paint on it, VHT Wrinkle Plus

Here's a random picture of my crossmember that I have for some reason, I re-enforced the LCA bolt holes due to them being ovaled out and threw in my freshly de-powered rack.

Well that's about all for the car updates, I really am at the point to where I need to find all of the pieces to my engine hoist and finally drop the engine in, I've run out of things to procrastinate on lol. I've also sold a lot of my old parts lately to save up for my new goodies being an IQ3 set-up and a true standalone ECU.

Now as for life updates! Last night me and my girlfriend as well as her sister and her boyfriend all went out to the county fair (big deal in little town USA), as to why this is sentimental it's actually the first real date me and my girlfriend went on a year or so ago and our Anniversary is the 25th, crazy to think what's happened in the past year!

Anyways that's all for now!
Old 11-14-2016, 05:06 AM   #94
nichthen
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
nichthen is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Nice work dude. Keep it up!
nichthen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 09:06 AM   #95
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nichthen View Post
Nice work dude. Keep it up!
Thanks for the kind words, and in spirit of keeping up the work I've finished the front suspension and did a rough alignment, I'll get a real one dialed in when I actually have a set of wheels for the front.

I also whipped up a "nismo style" power brace out of some 1-3/4" DOM I had laying around I figure the extra beefiness can't hurt considering I cut my radiator support in favor of of ease of maintenance.

I'm also not sure if I ever shared the new turbo setup, external gate GT28! I wish I had the cash for a vband manifold and housing but hopefully this just plays nice and doesn't come loose.

And last but not least a preview of things to come!

And for all you dog lovers, my girlfriend decided mine needed a hat (peep the SR in the back )

Well that's all for today!
Old 11-17-2016, 05:59 PM   #96
japslapsilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
japslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Looking Good!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspecusa View Post

Nothing is rare just expensive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
if you've ever been with multiple women, then even you can understand that not all girlfriends are created equal. some are capable of amazing oral talents, while others dont mind a lill back door action.
japslapsilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 07:51 AM   #97
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

It's In!

After going to the track/ a few meets Friday night I decided that I miss my car and did some things haha. I invited some friends over to have a engine drop in party.

Everything for the most part went smooth, my tranny had some rust on the input shaft so it fought me, my driveshaft is stuck on my diff due to the nuts being seized on to the studs, and I scratched my firewall due to my tranny vent tube getting stuck in my tranny tunnel but all in all I'm happy. Everything went much easier than the many times I did this by myself before.

Now I just need to buy an ECU, currently leading towards Haltech just because I don't plan on keeping the SR forever and it's easiest to transfer engine to engine. I also need some wheels and the square R33 reps (flame away) are looking good to me as their price is stupid low as I get some good hook ups at Enjuku.

Picture dump!

Old 11-21-2016, 08:34 AM   #98
Tucker240

--Deleted--

Last edited by Tucker240; 03-17-2019 at 11:40 PM..
Old 11-21-2016, 08:41 AM   #99
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucker240 View Post
We should pull it back out and then go LS.
Soon. hahahaha, I hate myself for building an SR.
Old 11-21-2016, 09:43 AM   #100
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I don't think you're allowed to work at Mazworx anymore with that attitude lol.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 12:44 PM   #101
Tucker240

--Deleted--

Last edited by Tucker240; 03-17-2019 at 11:40 PM..
Old 12-12-2016, 08:04 AM   #102
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Well here's another small update, I'm to the phase of building a car that sucks the most, the end is near but every step of the way I'm always needing something, AN fittings, nuts & bolts, fluids, etc. I think everyone who's ever built a car knows this nickle and dime pain and has the constant regret of not leaving everything stock, but hopefully all of the money and hard work pays off, if not I'm never building another car and I'm buying an R6 haha.

Anyways I got some little things done like finally cut my rear interior panels to fit around my roll bar which made me cringe because they we're so nice. Also the holes came out over sized from aggravation and exhaustion, cutting the holes too big sure is a lot easier than getting in and out of the car over and over at 1am.

I also started working on my exhaust, which consists of a $100 special Ebay catback, and an ISR test pipe/ down pipe which cost me $60 brand new, damn I love China.

Since I'm running a weird exhaust housing on my GT28 that's also a V-band I have to make my own "J-pipe" though, also since I cut the cat hump out of my car the ISR downpipe flange was pointing straight into my tranny, nothing a cut and twist couldn't fix (I love cutting destroying things I just bought), I also made what will be a very annoying yet effective solid exhaust mount out of the 3/4 tubing and 1/8 flat stock to keep the downpipe in place and stop everything from smacking the floor under my seat. As for the J pipe I have to make it's going to be an expensive little bastard since it's stainless, but I'll need a 2.5-3 cone then a 90 bend and a flex section that's almost $100 for 6 damn inches

Regardless I'm sure it'll be pretty and I'll be happy I made it in stainless, also I don't think my ground clearance will be too bad considering the car will be on 17's rocking functional ride height because the low life sucks.

Anyways photos!

And some of the overall ground clearance I'm working with,

Also since I'm sure some guys will like this, here's some progress being made on our S15 at work, we're currently in the process of redesigning a lot of the car for the upcoming season, one part of which being this awesome water to air intercooler set-up!

Well that's all for now!
Old 01-01-2017, 11:05 PM   #103
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Well Happy New Years Everyone!

How was everyone's New Years Eve? Mine was spent blowing stuff up while doing burnouts followed by the consumption of alcoholic beverages in an excessive manner and I hope everyone had as much fun as I did! (insert poor quality photo grab from a snapchat post)

Well race car progress has been slow, just due to the fact that ECU's are expensive and that's the current hold up, in the meantime I did finish my downpipe that took slightly longer than I wanted just because building a custom 3" turbo-back exhaust on your back sucks, you can tell I just wanted to get it done and over with by the fact that I just ended up MIG welding everything rather than playing with the TIG. Photo dump!

So, ta-da a custom 3" turbo-back with a flex section that only hangs a bit below my squished frame rails! I'll eventually get around to getting those stupidly expensive metal zip-ties and more heat wrap for the rest of the downpipe.

Anyways, once I get an ECU it'll be party time and I'll finally get around to doing rowdy things in my S13 again! And since Timehop is hitting me in the feels I'm gonna share some more old pictures of my car!

P.S. bumper gap game is strong.
Old 01-05-2017, 09:24 AM   #104
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Well I finally manned up and went 5-lug and ordered some wheels! I'll be replacing my axles while I'm in here since they're trashed and I'll be rebuilding the stock s13 rear brakes because I'm not baller enough for a Z32 rear set-up at the moment and I also hate drum brakes.

Anyways here's some photos of the rear 5 lug hubs courtesy of Zilvia's own killer2001! The fronts are just the DIY redrill method (yes I can feel the flames).

Also here's the wheels I ordered, Konig Hypergrams in 17x9 +25, not exactly wheels worth bragging about but I think they look great with meaty tires and I loved how they looked on Nate's demo car.

Old 02-08-2017, 07:29 AM   #105
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Soon...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6OPE07hakY
Old 03-02-2017, 04:54 PM   #106
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Well I bought another shell today haha. I scored myself a rolling shell with Z32 wheels and tires, Z32 F&R brakes, an uncracked dash, and a whole bunch of SR20 stuff to sell. This shell is going to serve as a missile car since I have too much money in mine to actually comfortably beat on it. Before everyone starts roasting me it has rust so I don't feel bad sending another chassis to damnation, I'll fix whats structural and have something I can enjoy on weekends.

The plans are a carb'd 302/ WC T5 swap, some single stage whatever is in my cabinet paint, cage, and other basic stuff to have a functional 200-300hp track car.

Old 03-02-2017, 05:54 PM   #107
MistyBlueS13
Leaky Injector

MistyBlueS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Just read through the whole thread, and I love where this car is going. Another teen here attempting to build an s13 right the first time haha. Congratulations on all you've accomplished with this car!
MistyBlueS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 10:48 AM   #108
MaxfromVA

MaxfromVA is an unknown quantity at this point
Literally just spent my lunch reading this thread and now i want a 240 more than ever. Great build though, Solid work.
MaxfromVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 02:28 PM   #109
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyBlueS13 View Post
Just read through the whole thread, and I love where this car is going. Another teen here attempting to build an s13 right the first time haha. Congratulations on all you've accomplished with this car!
Quote:
Literally just spent my lunch reading this thread and now i want a 240 more than ever. Great build though, Solid work.
Thanks guys!
Old 03-03-2017, 07:50 PM   #110
R3b
Zilvia Junkie

R3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond repute
Seeing this reminded me I need to get my shit going. Been out since April so its been about a year everything is done but got this lean issue that I can narrow down to actually drive it. I just turned 20, got super corporate job so will be doing 40+ hour week, other life BS, school etc and I feel like im 40 now. Sometimes I forgot I have a 240 since its been so long working on it.
R3b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 07:06 AM   #111
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Well my SR car finally runs! If you consider only being able to idle running lol. I got the car to fire up this past week or so and set my base timing. After that I broke the cams in and did an oil change. This SR has to be the smoothest one I've ever built. I had no leaks, no lifter tick, and the damn thing just worked it was amazing.

Unfortunately it hasn't been all good though, I'm fighting a losing battle trying to get my Racepak to work and my brand new LC-2 wideband isn't sending any voltage to my ECU. My alternator also managed to kill itself while sitting on the shelf.

Hopefully I can get that all sorted out since I've been bugging the Megasquirt tech support team non stop and have already had my alternator sent out to be rebuilt.

After that's all sorted all I need to do is buy some rear break calipers and tires and shake this bitch down hopefully, then I can start cutting up and fixing the red car.

(ignore the unwired IAT sensor that's been taken care of I just don't take enough photos when I work lol)

Old 03-31-2017, 09:31 AM   #112
HBT

Trader Rating: (1)
HBT is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Subbed... dig'n this
HBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 09:54 AM   #113
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Sorry to continue being vague but it runs and I have some quick video to prove it haha! I also started painting the interior of the car and finalizing the wiring, I'll have a proper update in a couple weeks.

Also my dash isn't displaying any data due to a hardware issue with my ECU that the awesome guys at Megasquirt are fixing for me!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeYPegUAOkU&feature=youtu.be
Old 04-17-2017, 11:52 AM   #114
Juan@Fontananissan
Zilvia Member

Juan@Fontananissan has a spectacular aura aboutJuan@Fontananissan has a spectacular aura aboutJuan@Fontananissan has a spectacular aura aboutJuan@Fontananissan has a spectacular aura aboutJuan@Fontananissan has a spectacular aura aboutJuan@Fontananissan has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzbrady View Post
Not anytime soon, I only have Z32 fronts, the rears are staying stock for now. If it feels weird then I'll upgrade but for now I'm pretty sure stock will do, if anything I'd got to a boosterless setup.
randomly strolling through here, if you plan to do that grab a JDM S14 brake master cylinder. brake lines will hate you since you'll have to re-bend them but your brake bias will be much better since S14's in japan ran the 4 pots up front with the single pot sliding calper in the back.

(951)708-1648 | [email protected]
Juan@Fontananissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 12:22 PM   #115
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan@Fontananissan View Post
randomly strolling through here, if you plan to do that grab a JDM S14 brake master cylinder. brake lines will hate you since you'll have to re-bend them but your brake bias will be much better since S14's in japan ran the 4 pots up front with the single pot sliding calper in the back.
Oh awesome, I never knew that haha. Luckily I have braided brake lines so no annoying re-bending. Thanks for the info!