Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 07-21-2013, 08:26 PM   #1
seg24life

Trader Rating: (0)
seg24life is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s13 Red Paint in the Volunteer State s13 build

Okay guys, so today is December 12, I decided to come back in and redo the thread now that I have made a good amount of progress and I'm getting into the good part of my thread. My name is Steven, and I'm one of the few s-chassis owners of east tennessee, around here you see more trucks than cars, but people tend to like it.of Of course, this build is in progress so you will have to bear with me on it. And if you are confused by the comments below, when i first posted the thread it was just cheap parts going on the car, but now I'm a good ways into it. So to start off, I had the Single cam KA in it when i bought the car, and after a couple of months the rod was already through it... THIS IS VERY PICTURE HEAVY!!!

But before I start, here is how she currently sits...

Rod through the oil pan...

So my thought process on s13's wasnt very developed, and I thought, well, I have the wiring and everything for the single cam, I'll just stick another in! WRONG. Bought a single cam and stuck it in... and it was blown up. So after a little time, I found a fully freshly rebuilt dual cam, all bearings, rods, pistons, everything was ordered OEM Nissan and the engine was an all OEM rebuild, not to mention the huge ass excessive intake, which i later decided to get rid of due to the low end power loss, and went back to the stock intake... I regret it now, but hey, it runs good! Drove out and picked it up, and prepared to slap it in...

So after we got it set in, and ordered a throttle cable to reach, lol, we decided to attack the wiring harness that was hacked to hell and back, and sauter the wires for a better connection

Before:

After:

And then finally got the thing back up and running!

So i had it running a couple of days, when my stock radiator cracked, and this is where trading that excessive intake really came in handy... Black Works Racing aluminum rad! I recommend this to anyone!! Cant even get the car off cold during december:/

So now that this was done, I was doing some sliding, and reallized my tires were rubbing the harness and the fold in the fender... so I tucked the fender and did a little something about the fold...

And also spun the throw out bearing:/

And now that she's running good, and im never satisfied, I am picking up an RB20DET next week!!! And also have some brides coming christmas!! WOOT

HOPE THE CHANGES HAVE MADE THIS BUILD MORE INTERESTING!!

Last edited by seg24life; 12-12-2013 at 07:32 PM.. Reason: restarting thread deeper into build
seg24life is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2013, 09:19 AM   #2
snow hawk
Leaky Injector

snow hawk is making a name for him/her selfsnow hawk is making a name for him/her self
What are your plans for it? it's kind of hard to give advice if we don't know what direction you're going. Are you autocrossing? drag? drift? going for formula-D? shed some light brotha
Old 07-30-2013, 09:32 AM   #3
drftx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
drftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Send a message via AIM to drftx
First of all there is a introduction thread, this is not a build thread and it will be locked soon.
Old 07-30-2013, 02:20 PM   #4
seg24life

s13

Got some new drilled/slotted rotors put on, and really going to use this one as a daily driver, maybe slide it around a little bit every now and then

Last edited by seg24life; 07-30-2013 at 09:49 PM..
Old 07-30-2013, 02:22 PM   #5
seg24life

s13

Yes I know this is a very cheap steering wheel, but I had to get rid of the stock one, it was starting to flake?:/

Last edited by seg24life; 12-12-2013 at 07:46 PM..
Old 07-30-2013, 02:55 PM   #6
coupesallday!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (18)
coupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Send a message via MSN to coupesallday!
Try using photobucket.com for your pictures. It's free. All you do is upload them and copy and paste the img code here.
coupesallday! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 04:33 PM   #7
seg24life

Yeah I will start doing that, been doing some updates from my phone, will fix when I get in on the Mac. One quick question I do have is how do I quote people's replies? Thanks guys, got a couple more goodies to post, and may need to know what you guys suggest as far as putting carbon fiber vinyl on my door trim? It's faded a little bit and I figured it would give the car a little kick. Thanks guys
Old 07-30-2013, 04:43 PM   #8
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Don't do Photobucket. Do Imgur. Photobucket is garbage.

Anyway, awesome hatch. I wish mine were that clean.
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:09 PM   #9
vehicle336
Zilvia Member

vehicle336 is an unknown quantity at this point
I thought redneck hillbillies from Tennessee would murder kids that bought or built imports. Glad to see you're still alive. Just try to stay away from the rice with carbon fiber bullshit door trim.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:29 PM   #10
seg24life

s13

Quote:
Originally Posted by vehicle336 View Post
I thought redneck hillbillies from Tennessee would murder kids that bought or built imports. Glad to see you're still alive. Just try to stay away from the rice with carbon fiber bullshit door trim.
actually, my friend, you have a small misconception of tennessee, there are very few "redneck hillbillies", they just dont have a better place in the united states to portray them and guys, i am working now on getting some better pictures up through the photoshack method etc,,, bear with me
Old 07-30-2013, 10:03 PM   #11
seg24life

s13

Tweaked the suspension some

Last edited by seg24life; 12-12-2013 at 07:37 PM..
Old 07-30-2013, 10:12 PM   #12
benarovi
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
benarovi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
not a build thread just a thread that you bought a couple shitty parts
benarovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:17 PM   #13
seg24life

s13

Quote:
Originally Posted by benarovi View Post
You can come back and check it out now, had a little more time to divuldge into the build and RB20 on the way

Last edited by seg24life; 12-12-2013 at 07:38 PM..
Old 07-30-2013, 11:26 PM   #14
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by benarovi View Post
Who gives a shit if he hasn't done much yet?

That's why it's a BUILD thread, to share progress of what he has done and what he is doing.

He's just started out, so? He'll get there.
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 11:35 PM   #15
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (38)
zooopreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by seg24life View Post
thanks for the negative feedback! lol go find something better to do with your time than to put down new members
You've got shitty GodSpeed coilovers, you've got a knock off steering wheel, cheap pedals and a shift knob that'll burn your hand 8 hrs a day.

And your plan is literally how every hatch build starts out on Zilvia. Type X, knock off parts, and excuses for being cheap "it's a street car" or the "drifting my missile means it's okay to invest in cheap parts"

This is literally a generic build that typically will get locked up for lack of actual progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
Who gives a shit if he hasn't done much yet?

That's why it's a BUILD thread, to share progress of what he has done and what he is doing.

He's just started out, so? He'll get there.
New members that believe they're above the rules <<<<<<

Please read, comprehend, acknowledge your ignorance, and don't forget to say sorry

http://zilvia.net/f/builds-builds-on...how-works.html
zooopreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:12 AM   #16
snow hawk
Leaky Injector

snow hawk is making a name for him/her selfsnow hawk is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by zooopreme View Post
You've got shitty GodSpeed coilovers, you've got a knock off steering wheel, cheap pedals and a shift knob that'll burn your hand 8 hrs a day. And your plan is literally how every hatch build starts out on Zilvia. Type X, knock off parts, and excuses for being cheap "it's a street car" or the "drifting my missile means it's okay to invest in cheap parts"

This is literally a generic build that typically will get locked up for lack of actual progress.

New members that believe they're above the rules <<<<<<

Please read, comprehend, acknowledge your ignorance, and don't forget to say sorry

http://zilvia.net/f/builds-builds-on...how-works.html
Wow. This is why zilvia's so loved... if its not origin/bride/slammed/3000$ rims/massive build its shit. Give the kid a damn break man, im pretty sure it ain't your car, let the kid buy what he wants. He's learning. Since when were you the authority on whats 'building' and what's not? He's trying to show some progress he made, and just cause the kid didnt spend 250$ on a steering wheel, or 2500$ on some coils, doesn't make his build any less exciting for him. That's how you breed more hate, kiddo. Let the kid build what he wants, and we'll give him advice as he goes. That's what a forums for, to get advice. Not to hear how shit your car is according to others. Oh, and by the way. Please read this, comprehend, acknowledge your ignorance, and don't forget to say sorry! (:
Old 07-31-2013, 09:16 AM   #17
snow hawk
Leaky Injector

To get things back on track... Seg, nice work so far. Although you did choose cheaper parts, I'm gunna assume that that's working with your budget. Which is fine, just upgrade as you go. Good progress so far, the back seat delete looks really clean. Any plans for a new seat? Just a suggestion, if you want to keep the stock seat look, look for s14 kouki seats. Really comfortable, and stock looking. Just some advice. Keep it up man, progress is progress!

Also, as far as the shift knob goes... I don't know where youre from, but a small baby sock works perfect when you leave your car at work or whatever, in the sun or cold for the day. I got to the point where I'm removing my shift knob and steering wheel while I'm at work, and just bringing em in with me. makes it easier to drive when the steering wheel isnt burning me..
Old 07-31-2013, 09:26 AM   #18
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (38)
zooopreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by snow hawk View Post
Wow. This is why zilvia's so loved... if its not origin/bride/slammed/3000$ rims/massive build its shit. Give the kid a damn break man, im pretty sure it ain't your fuckin car, let the kid buy what he wants. He's learning. Since when were you the authority on whats 'building' and what's not? He's trying to show some progress he made, and just cause the kid didnt spend 250$ on a steering wheel, or 2500$ on some coils, doesn't make his build any less exciting for him. That's how you breed more hate, kiddo. Let the kid build what he wants, and we'll give him advice as he goes. That's what a forums for, to get advice. Not to hear how shit your car is according to others. Oh, and by the way. Please read this, comprehend, acknowledge your ignorance, and don't forget to say sorry! (:
White knight to OP's rescue! The fact that you pointed out Zilvia rep goes to show how seriously you take the internet. You said it yourself: this is a forum. Nobody genuinely should take forums seriously. So if there's real hard feelings solely because of the internet, you really ought to evaluate your life.

If you're going to post on a public and social medium, you should expect people to love your shit or provide some words that lean towards the negative side. In real life or not, people will still have their say.

FWIW, I was giving advice--sure, it's harsh and seems non-constructive but if you really get down to the bones, I was telling OP to get reputable and not shitty interior set up + upgrade to some real coilovers that aren't sketchy as they come. Is that not helpful? Is it really hard to spend $25 on a Tomei shift knob instead of some shitty NRG burnt sheet metal bullshit? There are a couple of new build threads that show just how to get it done without being a knock-off parts hoarder and how not to succum to the peer pressures of buying shitty parts. Patience and budgets will lead to cool and reliable cars.

Also, you're 20 years old, where do you get off addressing people like you've been on this Earth for centuries?

Do I really lack comprehension and should I really apologize? I'm going to quote something for you that was in that link I posted. That link is a thread created by a forum administrator so I may not have written the rules but the people that run this place sure have:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLIP
Build Threads

Almost everyone enjoys building their cars and sharing that experience, as well as checking out others' builds for inspiration. Sadly, far too many users have a tendency to do half-hearted builds and either rarely update or update with trivial progress. In the interest of keeping the Chat forum clear of three hundred 'Install SR, ziptie aero, rattlecan paint' threads, incomplete, or in-progress build threads are not allowed. If you have completed your build, wrangle all those pictures into a post and tell us about it, but make sure the build is finalized. If you insist on having an in-progress build, Premium members have a specialized subforum for that specific purpose.
OP is no Premium Member and this build seems to be in-progress. So am I really wrong? Or are you grumpy because you're all morons?
zooopreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:56 AM   #19
snow hawk
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooopreme View Post
White knight to OP's rescue! The fact that you pointed out Zilvia rep goes to show how seriously you take the internet. You said it yourself: this is a forum. Nobody genuinely should take forums seriously. So if there's real hard feelings solely because of the internet, you really ought to evaluate your life.

If you're going to post on a public and social medium, you should expect people to love your shit or provide some words that lean towards the negative side. In real life or not, people will still have their say.

FWIW, I was giving advice--sure, it's harsh and seems non-constructive but if you really get down to the bones, I was telling OP to get reputable and not shitty interior set up + upgrade to some real coilovers that aren't sketchy as they come. Is that not helpful? Is it really hard to spend $25 on a Tomei shift knob instead of some shitty NRG burnt sheet metal bullshit? There are a couple of new build threads that show just how to get it done without being a knock-off parts hoarder and how not to succum to the peer pressures of buying shitty parts. Patience and budgets will lead to cool and reliable cars.

Also, you're 20 years old, where do you get off addressing people like you've been on this Earth for centuries?

Do I really lack comprehension and should I really apologize? I'm going to quote something for you that was in that link I posted. That link is a thread created by a forum administrator so I may not have written the rules but the people that run this place sure have:

OP is no Premium Member and this build seems to be in-progress. So am I really wrong? Or are you grumpy because you're all morons?
So your idea of advice is telling him how shitty all of his stuff is? Maybe the kid likes the neochrome. who cares. It's all preference. If the kid doesn't want a tomei shift knob, then he doesn't buy a tomei shift knob. People come to forums to get advice, and to expand their knowledge. I'm not saying people should take every word on a forum for truth, but telling him everything he's doing is all garbage and not giving him viable, helpful suggestions doesn't help either. People use forums to discuss with others, and learn things, or at least discuss, not get belittled because they didn't use the most expensive parts on the market. I'm not saying that I'm his "knight in shining armour", just that this guys is just trying to learn, and doesn't deserve shitty treatment because he doesn't have expensive parts. I don't care about internet rep, I really don't. hence my low amount of posts. I only post on things that I'm interested in. And like I said, he's learning. Maybe he will have heat issues with his shift knob, or maybe his coils will break. But who knows. He bought what he could with the money he had I'm guessing, and he'll learn, just as we all did, and still do. You say he shouldn't succumb to peer pressure in buying shitty parts, but if I'm not mistaken, aren't you doing the same exact thing, pressuring him to spend more money on "name brand" parts? I'm not saying that I'm a wise old monk, just that age doesn't necessarily linearly coincide with maturity level, or common sense. I understand there are forum rules, but at least give the kid some help and advice, and if the mods decide to lock it, then they lock it. but this guy's only trying to start out, and he could use the advice. You attract more bees with honey, than vinegar. Just gotta give him less hate. Instead of 'fuck yo non legit parts' (not saying that's what you said, but just as a point), just be more positive, suggest parts, and warn politely of what may happen with the parts he bought, and to just be wary. Just simple stuff like that. I'm no keyboard warrior, or post whore, just don't wanna see another zilvia member eat the dust because he's not balling on a super budget.
Old 07-31-2013, 10:00 AM   #20
benarovi
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
benarovi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
nobody cares, go cry somehwere else
benarovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:44 AM   #21
seg24life

s13

Quote:
Originally Posted by snow hawk View Post
So your idea of advice is telling him how shitty all of his stuff is? Maybe the kid likes the neochrome. who cares. It's all preference. If the kid doesn't want a tomei shift knob, then he doesn't buy a tomei shift knob. People come to forums to get advice, and to expand their knowledge. I'm not saying people should take every word on a forum for truth, but telling him everything he's doing is all garbage and not giving him viable, helpful suggestions doesn't help either. People use forums to discuss with others, and learn things, or at least discuss, not get belittled because they didn't use the most expensive parts on the market. I'm not saying that I'm his "knight in shining armour", just that this guys is just trying to learn, and doesn't deserve shitty treatment because he doesn't have expensive parts. I don't care about internet rep, I really don't. hence my low amount of posts. I only post on things that I'm interested in. And like I said, he's learning. Maybe he will have heat issues with his shift knob, or maybe his coils will break. But who knows. He bought what he could with the money he had I'm guessing, and he'll learn, just as we all did, and still do. You say he shouldn't succumb to peer pressure in buying shitty parts, but if I'm not mistaken, aren't you doing the same exact thing, pressuring him to spend more money on "name brand" parts? I'm not saying that I'm a wise old monk, just that age doesn't necessarily linearly coincide with maturity level, or common sense. I understand there are forum rules, but at least give the kid some help and advice, and if the mods decide to lock it, then they lock it. but this guy's only trying to start out, and he could use the advice. You attract more bees with honey, than vinegar. Just gotta give him less hate. Instead of 'fuck yo non legit parts' (not saying that's what you said, but just as a point), just be more positive, suggest parts, and warn politely of what may happen with the parts he bought, and to just be wary. Just simple stuff like that. I'm no keyboard warrior, or post whore, just don't wanna see another zilvia member eat the dust because he's not balling on a super budget.
For everybody who is already hating on me for touching up the shitty interior with something cheap, I'm sorry, I have better plans for it in the future. And as for the coils, they came on the car when I bought it. Just bear with me I'm new to 240 builds, just getting my ideas together and wanting some advice instead of criticism. And for you guys who are sticking up for my in progress build, thanks you! Any advice always helps and I will be upgrading to higher dollar parts once I get all my ducks in a row, just touching up for now
And snow hawk... Thanks for the realization speech everybody needed haha

EDIT** BRIDES AND RB20 ON THE WAY NEAR CHRISTMAS!!!

Last edited by seg24life; 12-12-2013 at 07:40 PM..
Old 07-31-2013, 11:04 AM   #22
EnvyS13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
EnvyS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
There are some kind, and wise words on this thread. I'm in the same boat trying to build something with limited funds. Keep doing what you can, I wish my hatch was as clean as yours.
EnvyS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:23 AM   #23
Pinggg
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
Pinggg is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Let the guy build and share HIS car.
Pinggg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 07:42 PM   #24
ayrtonlucyk

ayrtonlucyk is an unknown quantity at this point
im new to this whole thing too, and it makes me upset when people cant try and build something to their own liking and on the budget they have. good luck with the build im in for some more!
ayrtonlucyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:06 PM   #25
seg24life

Got some updates coming soon

Last edited by seg24life; 12-12-2013 at 01:46 PM..
Old 08-05-2013, 12:21 AM   #26
Do_work.

Do_work. is an unknown quantity at this point
Fuk the haters mane. Build on. and welcome to Zilvia lol. Its filled with trolls as you have found out quickly. Hope to see ya around the Tennessee area. I just moved here from SC so ill be goin to a couple of meets and drift events soon.
Old 12-12-2013, 12:21 AM   #27
LuckyRPS13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (23)
LuckyRPS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Interested to see if there is any progress made. I am bored here at work and was looking for a little inspiration on a back seat delete to fit my build. Your simple delete is along the lines I will be doing with mine. I will be using some MDF board to level the carpet out where the Hatch cargo area starts. This is the spot where I am considering a few variations.

Right side (USDM Passenger side) Replica S13 OEM Silvia Aero Bumper Grill

S13 Silvia J's, Q's, K's, A's Bumper grill inserts.

Male Plugs for S15 headlights

PM me if you need them.
LuckyRPS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 08:15 AM   #28
stroked_jz
Leaky Injector

stroked_jz is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyRPS13 View Post
Interested to see if there is any progress made. I am bored here at work and was looking for a little inspiration on a back seat delete to fit my build. Your simple delete is along the lines I will be doing with mine. I will be using some MDF board to level the carpet out where the Hatch cargo area starts. This is the spot where I am considering a few variations.
I would have to agree. This car is already really clean, even with the "cheap parts" that have been so blatantly talked about. I would also have to agree with the hatch area, I am curious what else could be done, i did that with my supra, and immidiatly put the seats back in. It just didnt work. Then again, i wasnt left with a piece of carpet to cover it up, like the 240s have.
stroked_jz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 01:45 PM   #29
seg24life

sorry its been a while

Refreshing the Thread, anyone who follows this please read thread from the top!

Last edited by seg24life; 12-12-2013 at 06:52 PM..
Old 12-12-2013, 02:08 PM   #30
zenkiset
Zilvia Member

zenkiset is an unknown quantity at this point
nice to see another guy in the mountains to not be murdered for his "rice rocket" build lol. clean hatch man. in my honest opinion I think it would be cool to stay stock body. that thing is just so clean. just find a lip and maybe tweak with your suspension setup and I think its golden. you just don't see clean 240s like that in our region lol
zenkiset is offline   Reply With Quote