Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-28-2011, 08:45 PM   #1
CTblack240
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
CTblack240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
s13 My RB20 240SX Hatch Build

Hey guys, Here's my 1991 240sx Hatch build. I bought the car in January of 2010 and it was pretty much bone stock other than a 255 fuel pump already and bigger injectors in the KA. Came with 157k, 5 speed and body was in ehhh shape. It drove pretty well though I must say.
This is the oldest picture I have of it on my new computer but this is when I had already ripped out the KA, mocked up a intercooler, put on some lowering springs and fixed the BBS Modas that came with it because they were curbed and painted them black.

The next picture I had available was after I started body work and old off the stock bumpers. I picked up a knockoff Vertex kit online and started to sand, bondo and prime the body.

Also picked up a pair of cheap Megan Racing buckets for $200

In May, I came across a RB20 with tranny and mounts for $1200 and jumped on it. We were supposed to meet on a Friday, he calls me on a Tuesday and says if I come now its mine for $800 cause he was moving and his girlfriend wanted to get going. So I was really happy that I came across such a deal, motorset with tranny, ecu, harness, and brand new McKinnely motor mounts and tranny mount for $800!

Motor was obviously a mess so I started the clean up!

Now it was time to get started on getting this bad boy in the car and running! I started by cleaning up the engine bay and removing everything I didnt need.

Also threw on the motor mounts.

First time I had the motor in, had to test fit clearance, downpipe location, etc...

So now that the motor was in, I figured I'd do some exterior stuff because I am for both performance and appearance so I decided to pick up a set of coilovers, a 5 lug conversion and new wheels. I bought Godspeed coils, an Ichiba 5 lug swap, new rotors, pads and a set of P45Rs. Also picked up a pair of rear 50mm overs.

I pulled the motor back out so that I could get the firewall tapped in a little bit more and the motor mounts drilled into place. Than I dropped it back in for good.

Here's some pictures of it after it warmed up so I could take it back outside.

The first video is of the first time it ever started up and the second video is after I finished hooking up the intercooler piping, maf and blow-off.

After getting the motor running how I wanted it by adding a recirculated blow-off setup and fixing all leaks, it was back to apperance again. I picked up a set of Varrstoen 2.2.1s in 18x10.5 +0 and 18x9.5 +12 and 225/40/18s and 215/40/18s. Yup, I like stretch.

CTblack240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-2011, 08:46 PM   #2
CTblack240
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
CTblack240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I think the wheels looked sweet but I realized I looked like a damn fool sitting that high with stretched tires so I dumped it.

Than painted the wheels "Bahama Blue"

I was really happy with how the car was going when I got into some bad money situations and had to sell my wheels. I hated to do it but I knew that I could always buy new ones down the line and I needed the money at the time. So the car went up on jackstands and sat for a couple months. Once I got back on my feet, I decided it was time to upgrade to a RB25 turbo because a buddy had one for me and just wanted to trade for my RB20 and some cash. I started to rip apart the engine again, except this time I decided to pay attention to every detail and get everything mint. I started to scuff and respray the wheel wells, strut towers, etc. I am still currently working on the bay and saving up some more money for a set of rims I really want before I make any decisions. More updates to come as I continue my build!

Sadly this is how the car is at this very moment but it wont be for long!
CTblack240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 10:14 PM   #3
KravingAKouki
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
KravingAKouki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
really liking this so far, definately following!
KravingAKouki is offline   Reply With Quote