Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-08-2012, 09:50 PM   #1
sweeper240
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
sweeper240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Lightbulb 1993 240sx Hatch build, 1998 Spec II sr20det donor engine

I recently dropped my 1993 240sx with rod knocking KA24DE to my mechanic's garage, along with a full s14 sr20det front clip (1998 spec II with 70,000km)

Power goals = less than 320hp, I suppose at the completion of the swap the engine will produce about 200-220 and that is fine for a long time.

Purpose of the car = daily driving and occasional grip style time attack racing (5 - 10 times per year).
Keeping AC! need it for business executives

Boost levels - no greater than 15psi, likely to stay stock (7psi for a while)

The swap is going to happen soonish (starting in 1 -5 days) so I am looking for feedback on the following:

FMIC/HMIC - need advice on what size supposing ultimate HP goal of less than 320hp
what brand is the best considering the engine will be relatively stock (no major changes besides FMIC, 3" piping from wherever it starts, to downpipe, hi flow cat, to the exhaust tip, upgraded clutch, flywheel, and aluminum radiator)

intercooler continued - Need advice here, would prefer to have a reasonable sized core, since the guy doing the swap is very experienced I am sure I can just tell him what size core to buy and he will know what sort of piping is needed. Since I will have a FMIC will I need to get a BOV? If so what is the good one to look at? Should I recirculate and if so what is the optimal way to recirculate (I've heard 8" of pipe before and after the recirculation point and you need to recirculate between the Turbo and the MAF)

BOV - what is the best way to recirculate back to intake? Between Turbo and MAF correct? Simple Bypass Valve or BOV, what is difference? Which BOV is preferred?

Clutch - looking at the following, need advice on what is better considering above mentioned ultimate (not necessarily current or near term) power goals.
Exedy Stage 2 S13/S14 SR20DET
or
RPS Street Puck Clutch Kit S13/S14 SR20DET

Flywheel - looking at the following, need advice on what is the best for daily driving/occasional track use (5-10 times a year or more)
Exedy 14lbs Lightweight Flywheel
or
RPS CYN-R-G Flywheel
or
Cusco 10.56lb Chromoly Flywheel S13/S14 SR20DET

Exhaust - looking at the following, need advice on what is the best
MAX 304SS FLEX COBRA DOWNPIPE
Also interested in 3" cat back setups focused on minimal noise output with maximal performance.

Fuel Pump - Walbro 255

Suspension
Near Future (4 months) - Coil overs focused on grip (moderate ride height drop is ok)
To be installed - NISMO Power brace
Existing (already installed) - SPL front tension rods, brake cooling deflectors, front tie rod ends, rear upper arms, rear toe rods, eccentric lockout kit non-hicas model

Brakes
Near future (4 months) kit vs z32 swap (front and rear)?

Thanks!

Last edited by sweeper240; 04-09-2012 at 09:59 AM..
sweeper240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links