Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Reviews Forum > Businesses

Businesses Review your dealings with commercial entities here. Remember: Fair and objective. Flaming, accusations, and complaints are not allowed. Zilvia is not a grievance forum.

Old 08-21-2018, 01:16 PM   #1
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
How Fast Motorsports - Jeff Blosdale

This would be my first review of a business here so I will try to be as clear as possible.

How Fast Motorsports - Owned and operated by Jeff Blosdale.

History of Jeff Blosdale:

Worked for CBM, a local LS enthusiast shop here in southern California. He broke off and eventually started his own venture while continuing to work on top fuel dragsters for NHRA.

OfferUp:

I met Jeff Blosdale through Offer up, I contacted him to purchase some bearings for my LS rebuild. I eventually spoke with him about any other parts, one thing led to another and told me of his company and that he would be interested in helping me build it fully.

Work Performed:

My LS1 5.7L needed a full rebuild after spinning connecting rod bearings. The block, head, crank work were sent out, but the final assembly and all parts ordering were done partially by him at his place of business. With all of that being said, for parts and labor he gave me an invoice and said that he would back the engine with his warranty. I paid him everything down to the penny and never asked for a discount of any sort. Were talking a fully forged build, some custom parts but thorough down to the hardware.

Start up:

The engine from day 1 had issues starting from the CAS, which he suggested modifying from the LS1 rear style sensor in the valley of the block to the front timing cover update from an LS2. He went with the parts he chose and assured me it would work, however I kept getting a P0343 code and I tried thoroughly with the help of my tuner and using the FSM to determine the issue. The cover he chose spaced the CAS too far out from the cam gear (hall effect setup) so it was not seeing the signal. I had to modify my CAS so that it would go further into the engine since that was faster and easier that removing the engine and front cover to mill it down where it mounted. When I tried to contact him about the issue he replied maybe a handful of times with very vague answers telling me to check my wiring. I tried to get him on the phone multiple times where he would tell me he would call me later or tomorrow and never did. I understand that we all have day jobs and I was in no way bothering this gentlemen, merely expressing the issue for the motor he guaranteed me would be top notch turn key.

My Review: Do Not Do Business/Avoid

Professionalism and service are not his strong point (Funny its on his card), and his lack of communication is my biggest issue. I am not sure if hes like this with all his customers but its sad to see cause I thought I was also building a friendship aside from a business relationship but I was wrong. So with that being said, DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH JEFF BLOSDALE. He has ignored me, blown me off, and not followed through with his "warranty" whatsoever. If anyone would like specifics they can message me directly.
Old 08-21-2018, 02:01 PM   #2
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
So did the engine blow up, have oil burning issue, a lifter fail or any litany of mechanical issues these engines could have??
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 02:15 PM   #3
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
So did the engine blow up, have oil burning issue, a lifter fail or any litany of mechanical issues these engines could have??
Engine had the issue started in the post regarding the updated CAS sensor location and pick up. Also had rocker arms starting to fail after he advised all would be well with the motor. This post is primarily to show the poor communication and professionalism by him and his "company."