Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 01-12-2017, 06:13 PM   #1
UJCD

Trader Rating: (0)
UJCD is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Purchase question

I've been wanting to buy an s13 for sometime now, and been reading Zilvia for about 6 months now... My parents have come around with the money for it and I found what I think it's a nice one except it has an issue. The fenders are a little bent, the guy told me it was because of the front drive axles (that's what Google translate said it was) and im not really sure what it is called so I thought it may be a good a idea to ask here. Beforehand I'd like to say my main speaking language is Spanish so that's why I don't really know much. I also wanted your guy's opinion on the car... I hope you can help me since I've been dying to get one of these since I was like 16

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
UJCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2017, 07:17 PM   #2
240boi115
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
240boi115 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
1. do you have any mechanical knowledge because if you don't then I wouldn't buy a 240sx...
2. If you want to learn then these cars can be a good tool to learn how cars work and what will break.
3. coming outright about parents buying you a car on this forum and asking advice about it may not be the best idea on this forum, you almost definitely will get flamed.(just stating facts)
4. Use google, it'll answer this question and research what to look for on any car and im sure there are some archived threads from this site that will help with looking for a decent 240sx but google before you start threads( seriously I get you speak little English but if you made this post then you have enough know how to research what you need.
5. a "good car" is mere opinion because I may want only a shell to build up while you may want a stock untouched car. Its solely based upon your experience with in the automotive world man...
6. drift tax
7. this car isn't front wheel drive so that damage is most diffidently not front drive axles.
8. don't say I didn't help or warn you
my 240 broke down..again
240boi115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 07:30 PM   #3
UJCD

Trader Rating: (0)
UJCD is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240boi115 View Post
1. do you have any mechanical knowledge because if you don't then I wouldn't buy a 240sx...
2. If you want to learn then these cars can be a good tool to learn how cars work and what will break.
3. coming outright about parents buying you a car on this forum and asking advice about it may not be the best idea on this forum, you almost definitely will get flamed.(just stating facts)
4. Use google, it'll answer this question and research what to look for on any car and im sure there are some archived threads from this site that will help with looking for a decent 240sx but google before you start threads( seriously I get you speak little English but if you made this post then you have enough know how to research what you need.
5. a "good car" is mere opinion because I may want only a shell to build up while you may want a stock untouched car. Its solely based upon your experience with in the automotive world man...
6. drift tax
7. this car isn't front wheel drive so that damage is most diffidently not front drive axles.
8. don't say I didn't help or warn you
1. Well, all I know is from reading this forum so it's surely not enough
2. That's what I'm wanting, I've always loved the idea of a project car, a clean daily like CamryOnBronze's?
3. I get your point, I'm just being honest, don't have anyone to impress, it's really hard to get a car on your own in Venezuela so I take as much help as my parents want to give me
4. I know that I could've googled it, I just don't know what to look for? I don't know what's the name of the piece (in English) that's broken so I thought maybe someone could recognize what may be wrong with it looking at the pictures.
5. You're right, the definition of a good car to me at the moment, is something I can daily to college and back while being pretty and not a whole lot unreliable.
6. Doesn't apply to my country since tyres are too expensive here, it would be like burning cash (wich I can't afford) the car in the pictures is about 1k$ or less.. and I think it's in a good shape except for what I asked about
7. Yea I know it's not, it's what Google translate said the thing was wich didn't convince me at all hence why I'm asking.
8. Thanks for the help and I know there is some people that are rude and such, I also hope there is someone who can help me, or at least guide me in the right path (?) To know what replacement piece i should be looking for.
Thanks for your reply

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
UJCD is offline   Reply With Quote