Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-30-2005, 12:48 AM   #31
AllenRPS13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
AllenRPS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i like both as it is 240
AllenRPS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2005, 12:54 AM   #32
driftyour40
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
driftyour40 is a jewel in the roughdriftyour40 is a jewel in the roughdriftyour40 is a jewel in the roughdriftyour40 is a jewel in the roughdriftyour40 is a jewel in the roughdriftyour40 is a jewel in the roughdriftyour40 is a jewel in the roughdriftyour40 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
My vote is for Zenki. This is my opinion on it; almost every kouki I have seen is beautiful, and washed often, with pretty paint, or a drift car. Zenkis for the most part are well-driven cars, some with battle damage and some w/out.

This is I guess the point.
Zenkis = driven hard
Koukis = Clean, kind of a show car.

This is of course a generalization of what I have seen, and I'm by no means implying that people that own Koukis drive like little girls, and zenki owners drive their cars like sports cars should be driven.
driftyour40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 01:01 AM   #33
dct223
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
dct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to dct223
i rock the zenki!

at first i wanted a kouki... but then the more i looked at zenkis the more i loved it... Koukis are over raited IMO... everybody wants the kouki...

from this pic... i dont see why people like the kouki more... the zenki front end fits the body lines of a s14 a lil better i think.

(i did not take this pic... but ty for the person who did and the owners of these cars)
Old 03-30-2005, 01:20 AM   #34
sw20>>s14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
sw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sw20>>s14
Quote:
Originally Posted by driftyour40
My vote is for Zenki. This is my opinion on it; almost every kouki I have seen is beautiful, and washed often, with pretty paint, or a drift car. Zenkis for the most part are well-driven cars, some with battle damage and some w/out.

This is I guess the point.
Zenkis = driven hard
Koukis = Clean, kind of a show car.

This is of course a generalization of what I have seen, and I'm by no means implying that people that own Koukis drive like little girls, and zenki owners drive their cars like sports cars should be driven.
so far, i have seen the same. this applies to the majority but not all that i have seen...
Old 03-30-2005, 01:34 AM   #35
IGSDann
Zilvia Junkie

IGSDann is an unknown quantity at this point
I like both.... But I drive Kouki, and if I had to buy another S14 I'd try to get a kouki, but Zenki's can be hot too... Turbo or no turbo matters more to me.

Pushing 14.7 PSI of all natural boost!!!
IGSDann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 04:06 AM   #36
SilviaSR20DET
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (9)
SilviaSR20DET is making a name for him/her selfSilviaSR20DET is making a name for him/her selfSilviaSR20DET is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I own a zenki and a kouki.... at first i thought kouki was the ish but now my zenki with a lip changed my whole perception of the car. There both nice cars, kouki does in fact get more looks because of it being rare but as most ppl say the front of kouki dont really fit with the rest of the car. Zenki with rims and body kit compared to a kouki with similar exterior mods, the zenki would look nicer IMO Its really hard to choose between the two cause both possess different styles.
SilviaSR20DET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 06:24 AM   #37
WanganRunner
Nissanaholic!

WanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond repute
I honestly have no preference.

I have a '98 Silver Moss 5spd LE (so Kouki), which is a fairly rare car, but I didn't really seek it out. I just bought the first S14 that I could find that was in truly incredible condition (which was the most important thing).

Had I found a Zenki in a more common color in such condition, I'd have bought that, which I probably wouldn't have paid through the nose for quite so much.

I really like Zenki's with Eyelids though. They retain the square nose look without the headlights looking bulbous.
WanganRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 07:07 AM   #38
BSeay
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

BSeay is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to BSeay
i used to be all about the kouki, but then i seen the zenki with the glass headlights or clear headlights for that matter...i was sold after that...

Zenki > Kouki
Old 03-30-2005, 08:00 AM   #39
mr_240sx
Post Whore!

mr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to mr_240sx Send a message via MSN to mr_240sx
my opinion on all this is that a zenki doesnt look good stock while a kouki looks hot stock. the other thing though, is if a zenki had hot aero then i think it looks much hotter then a kouki! with the right aero, the zenki follows the body lines reall good!
mr_240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 08:03 AM   #40
420sx
Post Whore!

420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future
kouki looks slick with stock jdm aero.

and zenki looks right. hell u can rag on a zenki, if u wreck it u can go another front end, its all plug and play biach!
Old 03-30-2005, 08:50 AM   #41
xVaporx
Leaky Injector

xVaporx is an unknown quantity at this point
either is fine, but i have always wanted a kouki so I converted mine
Old 03-30-2005, 08:53 AM   #42
Ian
Post Whore!

Ian is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfection
i'm on my 2nd zenki front end...guess which one i like more? lol

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookOutDrift
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian
No it isn't
This is "cool stickers"
not"let's make our car look like a pile of shit and dead babies"
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 09:08 AM   #43
seksi240
Leaky Injector

seksi240 is on a distinguished road
Zenki's for 100% sure, just matches up better with the rest of the car. I hate Kouki! But I don't really care either way, I have an S13, haha.
seksi240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 09:33 AM   #44
linkwpc
Zilvia Member

linkwpc is an unknown quantity at this point
I think stock Zenki need something to look just as good or better then a stock Kouki. With out that something, stock Kouki looks better. I got a zenki because it was cheap then a kouki But I think Zenki has a nice charm to it.
Old 03-30-2005, 10:46 AM   #45
KOUKI KA-T
Zilvia FREAK!

KOUKI KA-T is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smog Tech
Well, they're not called "kouki" aero are they?
Nope, they're called optional aero as they were an option on both. They aren't "zenki" sides...

I like both, but US kouki bumpers are ugly as hell.
Old 03-30-2005, 11:19 AM   #46
OptionZero
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
yeah, the guy at nissan that dropped the jdm bumper for the usdm bumper should be shot. Twice.
OptionZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 11:24 AM   #47
dct223
Nissanaholic!

dct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to dct223
since this is the zenki vs kouki topic....

there was a fellow zilvian, that told me the kouki chassis was a little stiffer than the zenki.. and if you looked at the differences in the frame you could see..... i responded "WTF" when he told me that... arent they the same damn chassis???
Old 03-30-2005, 11:48 AM   #48
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

ALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ALTRNTV
They are the same chassis.
ALTRNTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 12:32 PM   #49
samms95s14se
Zilvia Member

samms95s14se will become famous soon enoughsamms95s14se will become famous soon enoughsamms95s14se will become famous soon enoughsamms95s14se will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by AenjukuCar
I definitely Rock the Zenki look through and through. Never Would change. The only thing I plan on adding body wise to mine is the greddy front lip, Zenki Aero sides or Nismo 270R sides, and Zenki rear add-ons or Nismo 270R rear.

Mike13:
What wheels are those? Love that sunken spoke look in the rear.

Samms95s14se:
What did you do to your headlights??

They are just the JDM ones almost brand new!!

And the guy who said it's a girl car can go tell that to the Drift King who used the Zenki in the Drift Bible!!!!!
Old 03-30-2005, 12:45 PM   #50
RedlineRacer
Zilvia FREAK!

RedlineRacer is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to RedlineRacer Send a message via AIM to RedlineRacer
i love kouki. Its looks best with JDM aero.
RedlineRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 01:11 PM   #51
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
I agree that the USDM Kouki bumper is ugly as hell. I like Zenki because it flows with the rest of the car, but right now I have a Kouki front end because I love the JDM stock body and I wanted projector headlights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dct223
since this is the zenki vs kouki topic....

there was a fellow zilvian, that told me the kouki chassis was a little stiffer than the zenki.. and if you looked at the differences in the frame you could see..... i responded "WTF" when he told me that... arent they the same damn chassis???
The chassis is alittle stiffer around the T/C brackets and I believe the front brake calipers are a tad better.
SimpleS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 01:26 PM   #52
fdaze
Leaky Injector

fdaze is an unknown quantity at this point
i gotta say ZENKI not just cause i have one but i think it flows more with the way the body is i mean the kouki looks great i gotta say but from my opinion everyone wants to go kouki i dont wanna spend some cash and switch over to kouki when i can spend that cash on something more worth my penny like on performance or handling other then just that look of the kouki's headlights ...

ive seen people with zenki's just spray part of the headlights to make it look like the shape of the kouki style and some just use electric tape to cover parts off too
Old 03-30-2005, 01:53 PM   #53
Ghst 01
Zilvia Junkie

Ghst 01 has a little shameless behavior in the past
Send a message via AIM to Ghst 01
Zenki for me too.

love the front

http://www.myspace.com/8407376

96 red zenki:
Greddy KA Turbo kit (TD06-20g, 370cc, Emanage, Vspell FMIC), TEIN HE's, VIS Vader CF hood, Falken Azenis ST-115's, Sony Xplod head unit.
Ghst 01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 03:33 PM   #54
driftyour40
Zilvia Addict

driftyour40 is a jewel in the roughdriftyour40 is a jewel in the roughdriftyour40 is a jewel in the roughdriftyour40 is a jewel in the roughdriftyour40 is a jewel in the roughdriftyour40 is a jewel in the roughdriftyour40 is a jewel in the roughdriftyour40 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainevent212
i'm on my 2nd zenki front end...guess which one i like more? lol
I'm on my third,
driftyour40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 04:45 PM   #55
driftracer
Premium Member

driftracer is making a name for him/her selfdriftracer is making a name for him/her selfdriftracer is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to driftracer Send a message via MSN to driftracer
I think it's so easy to get on the bandwagon and do the kouki conversion, that you just forget to look a little harder at the zenki and see what it has the potential to be. I've changed my mind about kouki now, and I intend on making my zenki look better with nice aero
driftracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 06:23 PM   #56
TachyonS14
Zilvia Member

TachyonS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to TachyonS14
Kouki owns all period. I mean why are there so many Zenki owners who do Kouki front end swaps? I rest my case. And plus, everywhere I go people look at my car. Zenki is too bland for my taste.
Old 03-30-2005, 06:31 PM   #57
Prok0
Zilvia Junkie

Prok0 will become famous soon enoughProk0 will become famous soon enoughProk0 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Prok0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dct223

(i did not take this pic... but ty for the person who did and the owners of these cars)
I've seen both of those cars in real life.. Very nice cars..
IMO the more I look at my Zenki front end the more I love it.
Flows better I think... Just looks right..
Zenki <3
Prok0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 06:36 PM   #58
KOUKI KA-T
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TachyonS14
I mean why are there so many Zenki owners who do Kouki front end swaps? I rest my case.
See, I told you all altezza lights were hott. Why else would everyone be doing it?
Old 03-30-2005, 06:38 PM   #59
KyoLo
Zilvia Member

KyoLo is an unknown quantity at this point
i'd go with majority of taste from people, KOUKI
simply becoz i loved kouki so i bought my car back then 2001. Still like it a lot.

But zenki has its own clean taste when well modified moderately.
Old 03-30-2005, 06:47 PM   #60
KOUKI KA-T
Zilvia FREAK!

In US trim the zenki looks better IMO.
But with the JDM bumper I think the Kouki looks better, and flows just as well.
Comparison of all 3...... (someone should photoshop mine black)

But damn everytime I look at that pic I like that black zenki more and more....
Zenki conversion time?

Last edited by KOUKI KA-T; 03-30-2005 at 07:56 PM..
KOUKI KA-T is offline   Reply With Quote