Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 05-11-2015, 12:44 PM   #1
DriftDamage
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
DriftDamage is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Question Tube front + ProAm inspection question

At the last drift event I entered, I decided to randomly pick a fight with a concrete wall which I thought was mocking me. Needless to say the wall kicked our ass and smashed up my car's face.
So now I'm needing to chop off a bit and make a tube front end. From the damage, part of the frame was smashed and bent after the cross member.

My question is how far back can I chop that part of the frame to make a proper tube front but still remain comp legal? I've seen in the rule book they prefer for the front most part of the frame, or rather all of it, to not be modified. However since this is a repair would it be ProAm legal to chop the frame after the crossmember and start the tube front from that point on?

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Just want to know if it's worth doing on this car or if like a toxic girlfriend, I should cut that bitch off and find a new womans lol
DriftDamage is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links