Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2016, 02:31 PM   #1
Laith

Trader Rating: (0)
Laith is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question Coilovers With swift springs

I couldn't find a thread with the right answers I was looking for so I decided to start this one. I'm looking to get some coilovers as soon as I can but I al looking for a good over all coilover but I do want swift springs on I them once I buy them. I know.. I know I could just swap the springs. I was looking into Fortune Autos 500, powertrix, or Feal.
So my question is what are the best Coilovers with swift springs I could buy for under 1500 this will be my DD and maybe see a few track days what are your experiences/review/or even things you've heard?

BTW I have a S14 if that matters
Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2016, 02:54 PM   #2
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
i'd go with a cheaper coil and just change out the springs then spend the money saved on suspension arms.
Old 03-29-2016, 03:41 PM   #3
jared420sx
Zilvia FREAK!

jared420sx is on the path to ruinjared420sx is on the path to ruin
I just got broadway statics. You can get them with swift springs as a upgradeable option. I love mine 4in spring in the front 5 in the back 16/18k
Old 03-29-2016, 06:28 PM   #4
turboshoebox
Zilvia Addict

turboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymore
What happened to zilvia? Since when every start supporting off brands like feal and fontune cookie auto? What happen do dg5, um...zeal u know the name feal copied and so forth?
Old 03-29-2016, 07:03 PM   #5
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
KAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboshoebox View Post
What happened to zilvia? Since when every start supporting off brands like feal and fontune cookie auto? What happen do dg5, um...zeal u know the name feal copied and so forth?
About the same time retards like you came on the scene.
Old 03-29-2016, 07:13 PM   #6
turboshoebox
Zilvia Addict

turboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymore
nope. 2002 everyone was either: eibach and progress springs, koni yellows, jic flta2, tein coils and a handfull of tanabe suspension
Old 03-29-2016, 08:08 PM   #7
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
I use Feal coilovers. They're made in Ontario, CA and can be serviced there if need be. They come with Swift springs from Odi and if you call him to order them directly from his shop he'll help you figure out what springs you want. You can choose your rates at no extra cost.
Old 03-29-2016, 09:20 PM   #8
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Go with Feal and Odi

Talked to them for a hour and decided it was best. I also paid the extra 200 for the custom valving and so on. Asked tons of questions about my cars and tire set up and that. Ended up with a 14k 6k and wow

I was scared of them. Previously having PBM back in my 240 days the spring rates were borderline unlikable. But these are the best things yet and it was a night and day difference from the off the shelf junk I had before. Then the best part they are the next city over from me! And when rebuild is due they only charge 75 per
Old 03-29-2016, 09:34 PM   #9
rawgarage
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (75)
rawgarage is making a name for him/her selfrawgarage is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 75 reviews
BC's with swift springs....

Fuck ODi right in the feeeeeeeeals......

Jk
Old 03-29-2016, 11:09 PM   #10
Laith

Laith is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks for all the replys guys will look more into FEAL I guess...
Old 03-30-2016, 04:06 AM   #11
Pblesh85
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (48)
Pblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
i'd go with a cheaper coil and just change out the springs then spend the money saved on suspension arms.
Why would you consider spending less money than that on coils ? Let me guess, 800~1000 on coils and another 300~400 on arms... Which Chinese brands do you suggest ? There are no GOOD coilovers for that price.

To the OP, please do not cheap out on suspension... You know the things that keep your wheels on the ground. Swift springs is not going to change the fact that your on shitty Chinese dampers.

If all you want to do is lower the car, buy some tein basic, good brake pads, and good non stretched tires.

Don't cheap out on suspension.

Do you suffer from vaginal dryness...
Old 03-30-2016, 07:04 AM   #12
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
da_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Fortune auto for dd sir. Trust me, do not listen to these fools.
Old 03-30-2016, 07:49 AM   #13
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Ugh they are ALL the flippin' same until you spend over 2.5-3k.
Old 03-30-2016, 02:21 PM   #14
deolio
Post Whore!

deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pblesh85 View Post
Why would you consider spending less money than that on coils ? Let me guess, 800~1000 on coils and another 300~400 on arms... Which Chinese brands do you suggest ? There are no GOOD coilovers for that price.
because if it's his first set of coils he's not going to be able to tell the difference between $600 megans and $1200 fortunes (without swifts). majority of suspension components these days are manufactured in china/taiwan, don't be ignorant. also, have you ever seen the marketplace on here? i got all my spl and pbm arms for under $400.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pblesh85 View Post
To the OP, please do not cheap out on suspension... You know the things that keep your wheels on the ground. Swift springs is not going to change the fact that you're on shitty Chinese dampers.
do you actually have experience with these things or are you going off some preconceived notion? because i do. my $700 bc's rode like garbage, switched to swift springs and now they ride better than any of the cucso, jic, stance, or fortune coils i've ever owned. seen it time and time again on friend's cars as well. swift forgives many of the faults of lower quality damping. not saying they're as good as upper tier feal, stance, fortunes, etc with swifts, but if you're just dailying and doing some light tracking, all you really need is just something that rides decent ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Old 03-30-2016, 02:25 PM   #15
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by da_crew10 View Post
Fortune auto for dd sir. Trust me, do not listen to these fools.
i concur!!! ive been dailying on my Fortunes for 3+ years now... love them to death!

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
Old 03-30-2016, 07:14 PM   #16
Sumslapper
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
Sumslapper is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I have Ohlins with swift springs 10k/6k and they are the business!
Old 03-30-2016, 07:18 PM   #17
corkscrew
Zilvia Addict

corkscrew is an unknown quantity at this point
+1 on fortunes
Old 03-30-2016, 07:34 PM   #18
Perfect Balance
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Perfect Balance is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
+1 on Fortune Auto. Built to order in the U.S., custom spring rates, rebuildable for a good price, every set is shock dynoed, warranty, good customer service. Big difference compared to Megan racing or whoever. Even Stance is just HSD coilovers. (which is also DG5 btw). This doesn't really mean that Stance is crap or anything but Fortune Auto is constantly improving their products in house and not just shipping them from across the world.

Swift makes a big difference, but as far as fairly cheap coils go, Fortune is on top significantly.
Old 03-30-2016, 08:04 PM   #19
mau5trap
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (8)
mau5trap is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mau5trap
http://www.stance-usa.com/main/produ...r-sport-pro-3/

get these bad boys with swift^^^^
Old 03-30-2016, 08:36 PM   #20
dazed
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (37)
dazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
Swift springs really do make that big of a difference.

I have Stance Super Sport's with Swift springs all around and they ride very well. A big improvement from the Stance springs. I'm sure Swift's would be beneficial to just about any coilover.

Only downside I will say about Stance is the rear lower bushings seem to wear out prematurely. I've been through a couple over the years. Their customer service has always been on point though.

Eventually I'd like to ball out on some T-Demand's.
Old 03-30-2016, 09:32 PM   #21
turboshoebox
Zilvia Addict

Old 03-30-2016, 10:16 PM   #22
MrMigs
Nissanaholic!

MrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to MrMigs Send a message via AIM to MrMigs
Have you tried the Tanabe TEAS ?

Drifting is just a compromise between you and your car.
Old 03-30-2016, 10:20 PM   #23
future
Post Whore!

future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Back in my 240 days I've had 6 different suspension and nothing has been like my second set on the Z right now. 14k 6k properly valved rides so smooth on the streets but in the turns it's magic
Old 03-30-2016, 10:42 PM   #24
turboshoebox
Zilvia Addict

You better not try and say ur 2nd coils for the Z was Feal or fortune cookie auto
Old 03-31-2016, 02:31 AM   #25
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
GPSports G-Master / DG5's with swifts. Done.
Old 03-31-2016, 03:30 AM   #26
Pblesh85
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (48)
Pblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Quote:
because if it's his first set of coils he's not going to be able to tell the difference between $600 megans and $1200 fortunes (without swifts). majority of suspension components these days are manufactured in china/taiwan, don't be ignorant. also, have you ever seen the marketplace on here? i got all my spl and pbm arms for under $400.

do you actually have experience with these things or are you going off some preconceived notion? because i do. my $700 bc's rode like garbage, switched to swift springs and now they ride better than any of the cucso, jic, stance, or fortune coils i've ever owned. seen it time and time again on friend's cars as well. swift forgives many of the faults of lower quality damping. not saying they're as good as upper tier feal, stance, fortunes, etc with swifts, but if you're just dailying and doing some light tracking, all you really need is just something that rides decent ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

As a matter of fact I have had several sets of coilovers from both ends of the spectrum. 3 sets of jic, PBM, kts, zeal, ohlins. I've owned a lot of stuff for different purposes. You can tell the difference between a good damper and shitty. Don't mask up a problem with a nice spring.

Either buy it right the first time or don't buy anything. You don't need a set of $$$$$ coilovers to have a good time on a good car. But don't but Chinese crap. There are reasons zeal, arc, hks, trust, yashio factory, ect don't have a market out here. Because everyone wants that kind of performance on a dollar menu budget.

i get he's not looking to blow 2k plus on something he's not familiar with. I wouldn't either. That's why I stated, tein basics, real brake pads(not hawk hps), and proper tires. Then auto cross or lap your car til your ready to explore more. The driver will not reach the performance limits of the car within 6months-2years. Work on the driver not some fantasy build.

But no one will even bother listening because "needs more low, stance, hoonigay, ect..."

Do you suffer from vaginal dryness...
Old 03-31-2016, 03:53 AM   #27
turboshoebox
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
GPSports G-Master / DG5's with swifts. Done.
My ninja!
Old 03-31-2016, 05:22 AM   #28
Croustibat
Nissanaholic!

Croustibat is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
Ugh they are ALL the flippin' same until you spend over 2.5-3k.
You clearly have not tried much of them.
FA500s are trackable and can do a good job on the street too. It sure is no KW v3, but they still perform better than tein monos. And that is without swift springs.

Quote:
because if it's his first set of coils he's not going to be able to tell the difference between $600 megans and $1200 fortunes (without swifts). [...]
Yes, he will. It is night and day, really. Even without swift springs... my 9/7 FA500s are more comfy than the apex (not apex'i ... same as megans) i had before. With 5/4 springs. The handling is also something else, as it has a correct bump to rebound ratio.
Old 03-31-2016, 07:39 AM   #29
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croustibat View Post
You clearly have not tried much of them.
FA500s are trackable and can do a good job on the street too. It sure is no KW v3, but they still perform better than tein monos. And that is without swift springs.
I have. Just varying degrees of meh. Even mid range Bilsteins are meh. You'd have to try hard to do worse than Tein Monoflex they aren't a standard.
But folk want to defend what they own which is understandable.
Old 03-31-2016, 08:23 AM   #30
future
Post Whore!

I stand behind my Feals
Closed Thread