Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-07-2017, 03:45 PM   #1
CharCharXD
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
CharCharXD is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
KA S14 Dash lights wont turn off after battery relocation

For reasons that would take too long to explain, I swapped from an rb25 to a ka and replaced the main chassis harness (the one that comes from the driver side that goes all the way to the fuse box).

Even with the key out, my clock, brake light, battery, and airbag light is on. This car is a 97. When I had the rb in the car, I didn't have this problem. But now that I swapped a ka back in and changed the main harness, I have this problem. The battery was relocated by a shop a long time ago. I recently finished the KA swap and I think I wired everything up basically the same way..

Theres a positive wire coming from the back of the car to a circuit breaker in the engine bay. On the other side of the circuit breaker, there's one wire from the starter and two wires from the fuse box. the picture below might give you an idea of the wires what I'm talking about.

The two wires are describes as "starter and alternator" fusible links. From what I can tell, they power the fuse box and all the dash power. When the battery was relocated by a shop. These wires were cut and ring connectors were attached. These two wires went with the starter wire at the circuit breaker. This is exactly what I did with the KA and everything works as it should, but my dash lights won't turn off. Only the clock is supposed to be getting power. Can someone tell me where I went wrong with this wiring. I have to take my positive terminal out everytime I leave the car and it's annoying. Help me out guys.

Last edited by CharCharXD; 04-09-2017 at 07:37 PM..
CharCharXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2017, 01:00 PM   #2
CharCharXD
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
CharCharXD is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Anyone know? i thought battery relocations were simple..
CharCharXD is offline   Reply With Quote