Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 07-31-2017, 12:44 AM   #61
Eoken
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Eoken is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I took some wipers off of a G35 in the junk yard and cut out the sprayer mounting points on the wiper arms and welded them to my S13 wiper arms. I want the function to still be available without mounting sprayers to my hood so this is what I came up with. Enjoy!

the driver side has one mounted on the bottom and the passanger side has one on top and on the bottom. This design is on some G35 models and all 350Z models as far as I know of.

the distance from one wall to the other was shorter so I just took a very very small amount off the end of each hose and it fit perfectly.

to make this work I had to cut out a little notch in the S13 wiper arm and cut out the part of the wiper arm that held the sprayer in place and combined the two. because the S13 wiper arm is so shallow this ment the sprayer had to hang down slightly below where the normal frame ended. at first I thought this would look funny even though it was the only way to do it. I think it turned out pretty nice end the end after paint.

Time for the KA to go! it seems like such a normal, reliable, uneventful engine. I am looking for something more interesting and exciting and it has to look cool too!

some latches I liked the design of that I will be using for my front and rear bumper.

swapping over the gready oil pan onto my new SR

this was the last piece I needed off of my old car, at this point I guess I could say the re-shell was complete as far as the parts I wanted were concerned. YAY! I did it!

preping the engine to come out

Houston, we have liftoff

The engine bay was dusty and grimy! but with some cleaning it would look awesome!

one engine mount had broken in two and the bottom bolt had somehow tightened itself on so hard I could not get it off after hours of trying... sign.

wipers on the car.

Eoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-2017, 11:12 PM   #62
Eoken
Zilvia Member

Engine mount would not come out so I had to cut it lol.

[/url]

[/url]

GT-1 replica sideskirts from duraflex. I could not find the real deal for sale or I would have bought it. It looks impressive though.

[/url]

it is time to do my first engine swap! I installed togue factory heat core hoses and a wiring specialties OEM series upper engine harness to make my live easy. I also painted and install a new set of cody ace brackets for the AC (tho old ones went with the other car when I sold it).

[/url]

I am not sure if it was because the bell housing of the S15 six speed transmission is a little thicker at the front or because I did not loosen the top engine mount nuts but I had to drop the subframe down as far as I could get it to get the engine slotted into place.

[/url]

Probably the most excited I have ever been after finishing any job, ever. what a feeling!

[/url]

S15 OEM shift knob looks right at home.

[/url]

Greddy intercooler kit next on the list of things to do!

[/url]

rear housing swapped for the one off my S13 open dif to fit it to the rear sub frame. I used an OEM mounting kit for the front two mounting point.

[/url]

[/url]

out with the old

[/url]

in with the new!

[/url]

battery tray cut.

[/url]

I lined both holes with a fuel line cut down the middle.

[/url]

ohhhhhhh yeah......

[/url]

driver side pipe fit through the OEM hole for the air box O.o who would have thought. lol

[/url]

put a small amount of oil in each cylinder and turned it over buy hand to make sure it was all good to do for the first start.

[/url]

driveshaft customized to fit. I am running 42 and 1/4 inches from one end to the other the overall measurement from the trans to the dif was 43 inches. I think the driveshaft could be 42 and 1/2 inches and it would fit also.

[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

I will need to make a new exhaust bracket because the stock one does not fit. with the six speed.
Old 08-03-2017, 11:31 PM   #63
Eoken
Zilvia Member

[/url]

G-Corp wing!! Type-X style but longer. It is like the 326 power wing but the wiglets do not go down and almost touch the rear quarters.

[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

Nismo thermostat installed and SR20 fan shroud modified to fit with USDM A/C fan and A/C drier

[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

The end result! I just have a few things to button up like replacing the fuel pump, exhaust bracket for the downpipe, waste gate line, air filter bracket to keep it out of trouble, and a plug for oem intake pipe where the resurrecting valve would feed into. But other than that the swap is complete

AND NOW FOR SOME NEWS!
the 6 speed was messed up... I found this out when I tried to back it out of my driveway last week. 5th and revere would act like neutral when I let out the clutch (the nismo copper mix clutch does feel really amazing too). I figured it was a problem with the selector fork since both 5th and reverse use the same selector fork.

anyways I have read online that if you have this engine and transmission set up in a S13 you must remove the engine in order to take the gear box off. I was a bit depressed but I found another 6 speed 3 hours away and bought it for $300 and had a second go.

I was able to use the knowledge I picked up from installing the engine and dropped the sub frame down as far was it would go. Next I loosened the bottom engine mount nuts all the way off to allow them to freely move how they wanted. I then got a long wooden board and a jack and jacked up the front of the engine from the oil pan. I jacked it up until the engine fan touched the top of the fan shroud (maybe about 2 or 3 inches). This was in fact enough to get access to the bolts and remove the gearbox.

After about 12 hours of work yesterday I had the old one out and the new one in. It works really well and the gear ratios are really awesome! It is better than I imagined.
the only downside was the output shaft did not have the same machining as the old one despite having the rear casting with plug in it. kind of a let down but I am planning on using a Dakota digital box and use the S15 abs sensor in the dif to get a speed signal I can use. I have no experience with this and would love some advice here!
Old 08-04-2017, 02:25 AM   #64
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
That wiper thing is the coolest shit I've ever seen done to an S13.

Glad this got updated again, I have high hopes for this car!
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 07:06 AM   #65
TSSS22
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
TSSS22 has a spectacular aura aboutTSSS22 has a spectacular aura aboutTSSS22 has a spectacular aura aboutTSSS22 has a spectacular aura aboutTSSS22 has a spectacular aura aboutTSSS22 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Nice build man, I like your wiper arm washer mod, its insane. I need to copy it
TSSS22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 03:05 PM   #66
Eoken
Zilvia Member

Haha I swap an engine in and people geek out the wiper arms! I love it! I'll dig up some pictures of how I made the cuts and joined the two and post them up here tonight for all you do it yourselfers.
Old 08-04-2017, 04:08 PM   #67
TSSS22
Leaky Injector

TSSS22 has a spectacular aura aboutTSSS22 has a spectacular aura aboutTSSS22 has a spectacular aura aboutTSSS22 has a spectacular aura aboutTSSS22 has a spectacular aura aboutTSSS22 has a spectacular aura about
Swapping the engines is too mainstream you know , people need to see something new and revolutionary like your wipers
TSSS22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 10:53 AM   #68
Eoken
Zilvia Member

To start with here is a sample shot of what the G35 or 350Z wiper arm will look like that you get from a local salvage yard. I got both of mine with the hose and nozzles for $9.00

here is a shot showing the side of the nozzles and how the clips fit into and hold it onto the metal.

here shows the area that I cut out of the G35 wiper arm and the section cut out of the S13 arm to fit it in. you can see one corner is trimmed off so it does not show that much when the nozzle is clipped into place. You can't trim it all the way down or the metal will become too week.

all welded up! you want to do this in sections because you will risk warming and bowing the whole wiper arm if you put too much heat into it. I ended up having to go back and fill in some more spots I missed after grinding it down and inspecting it.

Here is a picture of the inside. you can see the cut i made on the S13 wiper arm bottoms out on the main support rod that runs along the the bottom. no welding required on the inside of the arm

and here is my girlfriend Natasha! She comes over and helps out with the car whenever she can with her busy school and work schedule!
Old 08-31-2017, 02:29 AM   #69
Eoken
Zilvia Member

Kazama auto oil catch can installed! Going to get some black lines for it but it is looking really good for now. Still waiting on my big shipment of body work from origin and my custom roll cage from Cusco!
Old 09-17-2017, 10:27 AM   #70
Eoken
Zilvia Member

Swapped the hoses out for black.
Old 09-26-2017, 12:25 PM   #71
95 maxima se
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
95 maxima se is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
loving this build, hopefully one day ill see it in person in the austin area
Old 09-27-2017, 08:49 AM   #72
Eoken
Zilvia Member

Yeah! Come out to the wells branch meet Saturday night. I will be bringing it there.
Old 10-02-2017, 11:26 AM   #73
Eoken
Zilvia Member

Cusco roll cage test fit with the option rest cross bar. Basicly the 7 point cage with one extra cross bar in the back to make it symmetrical.

Old 10-02-2017, 12:00 PM   #74
RB25GUY
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
RB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
^
RB25GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 03:40 PM   #75
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 10:32 AM   #76
Eoken
Zilvia Member

Made more progress test fitting my S13 bolt in Cusco roll cage with the interior still in the car. Still not bolted in yet but it is sitting in its proper place now. I used an extra panel I had and drilled a 3 - 3 1/2 hole in it to see where exactly to cut my holes in the permanent panels.

Working at 3AM in Texas has it's advantages... lol. Not only is it cool outside but I was able to free hand some guide lines in the dew That was settling. I went off the curves of the plastic panel to get the perfect placement for my holes!

The straight cuts were made with a hacksaw to flex the plastic panel around the bar of the cage. they are covered up completely by the rear seat. This makes assembly much easier and more of a flexible process (the order in which you assemble stuff does not matter as much.

Old 10-09-2017, 06:12 PM   #77
Teddy Bruckshot
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (9)
Teddy Bruckshot is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Does anyone have the link for the Photobucket plugin, I cant see any pics. Sounds like a great build free bump for you
Teddy Bruckshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 07:18 PM   #78
Beijing_Raccoon
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
Beijing_Raccoon is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy Bruckshot View Post
Does anyone have the link for the Photobucket plugin, I cant see any pics. Sounds like a great build free bump for you
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...fegnfnflicjjgj

This build is awesome! Great work mate
Beijing_Raccoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 07:23 PM   #79
S-Nation S13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (92)
S-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 92 reviews
Eoken's S13

Mounting the harness on the c pillar bar ? Is that correct and legal for track use ? I’m just wondering

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
S-Nation S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 08:15 PM   #80
Eoken
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by S-Nation S13 View Post
Mounting the harness on the c pillar bar ? Is that correct and legal for track use ? I’m just wondering

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm not sure :b
Old 10-16-2017, 10:38 PM   #81
Eoken
Zilvia Member

Drilled holes and mounted my G-Corp wing today! I found some plugs out of an infinity G20 trunk. I used a very large washer and a standard Nissan 10mm bolt with blue loctite on it to secure the wing. For the measurements I used some that I found on drift works and did about 20mm from the back of the hatch and 30mm from the wi Dow and 60mm on either side left and right.

Top (left)

Bottom (left)

Top (right)

Bottom (right)

Bare metal will get painted soon when everything is finalized with the body work.

Origin shipment gets to my house on Thursday this week!! Stay tuned!!
Old 10-17-2017, 02:54 PM   #82
greenwood
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
greenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
neat cage, be sure to always be harnessed in tight or running a helmet as people die not wearing helmet in wrecks on their cages quite often.
greenwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 09:22 PM   #83
Eoken
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenwood View Post
neat cage, be sure to always be harnessed in tight or running a helmet as people die not wearing helmet in wrecks on their cages quite often.
Any excuse I can use to wear a crash helmet on the streets is cool with me lol. I ride a motorcycle so it won't really be foreign for me lol.
Old 10-22-2017, 02:30 AM   #84
Eoken
Zilvia Member

Body work came in so I could not help to tape it up and get a preview of how it looked!! Need to put the Garage-s hood on and PS Duce rear bumper on still but it is looking incredible!!

The body work oh course needs trimming to fit properly but it still looks pretty nice!

Comparison to before.

Old 10-22-2017, 08:39 AM   #85
Green Arrow
BANNED

Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow
Eff yea, looking good!
Green Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 01:12 PM   #86
95 maxima se
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
95 maxima se is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
nice build man! just curious if you still have the other shell? trying to locate a couple of parts locally.
Old 10-23-2017, 11:06 PM   #87
Eoken
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 maxima se View Post
nice build man! just curious if you still have the other shell? trying to locate a couple of parts locally.
Sorry I don't have the old shell any more. I sold it a few months back.
Old 10-23-2017, 11:54 PM   #88
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
I love this aero combination.
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 01:00 PM   #89
supersayianjim
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
supersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
now time for coils!!
supersayianjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 09:33 PM   #90
Eoken
Zilvia Member

Photo taken by at the last Cars and Coffee I went to.