Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 06-06-2014, 05:21 PM   #2071
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by WISH ONE View Post
Go as deep as you can while still maintaining proper mechanics.
Full range of motion is always best as you want to utilize the stretch-shortening cycle to fullest, but there is a time and a place to train those half reps.
Also consider your goals, are you training to move weight and get strong/er or are you trying to grow vanity muscles?

Chances are if you have hurt your shoulder benching it is because of bad form/mechanics not because of depth. although depth with bad mechanics doesnt make things better.
HAHA I am prepping my Vanity, pool season in Vegas look..
I like that term. !
Old 06-10-2014, 08:40 PM   #2072
delado
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
delado is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Been cutting for the past 2.5 months? 190 down to 161. 5"11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silviaks2nr View Post
That's because everyone with a zenki feels sorry for themselves and they find commonality in the fact that there's no hope for making them look remotely good.
delado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 11:39 AM   #2073
Djrepete

Trader Rating: (0)
Djrepete is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hey everyone I'm currently entered in a contest to get sponsored by a supplement company called 1st phorm. I need to show them that I'm a marketable person and I can bring people to the table. So if you guys have Instagram or Facebook can you follow me. On Facebook it's Peter toso. And on Instagram it's @djrepete thank you guys so much in advance for everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Djrepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 03:54 PM   #2074
WISH ONE
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
WISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WISH ONE
Gabe- Preppin that pool body, all upper no legs lol.
Old 06-13-2014, 03:11 PM   #2075
EnemyS15
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
EnemyS15 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
ok so maybe you guys can help me out. I am back in the gym after a very sporadic year and a half. Also back in my MMA training. So physical regiment I am good on.

My issue is my diet. I am extremely picky with my foods, It's something that carried over with me from my childhood. I am seeking help to manage this problem. Now, I am wondering what type of diet I could do, within the limited range of foods I do eat, that will help me gain lean mass as best as possible.

Meats: Only chicken. I don't eat steaks hot dogs, hamburger. etc
Vegs: None. I have to take vitamin supplements and v8 to get SOMETHING, as opposed to nothing.
Fruits: Same as above... Orange, Grape, Lemonade
Grains: All whole grains. No white grains.
Dairy: All sorts, no probs with diary
Seafood: None

I typically eat a bunch of pasta, baked chicken, Brown rice, Pizza, Oatmeal, protein cereal, greens vitamins, along with lots of v8, juice, and water. No soda, no real sweets aside from the once in a while nutter butter bar. I eat lots of peanut butter.
Of course supplements, shakes,, vitamins, and wheat grass.

My pickiness is getting better a little at a time, but before someone just says "EAT FOOD", my issue stems from something in my head or traumatic event. It's an issue with texture. I attempt to try something new and involuntarily vomit at the first bite.

hopefully you guys can help. I am extremely active (started back up 3 weeks ago). I am at a not so happy 188. I would like to get myself back to fit 165-175.
Old 06-25-2014, 02:41 PM   #2076
WISH ONE
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
WISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WISH ONE
^no experience with this, but very interesting.
Old 06-26-2014, 02:52 PM   #2077
ineedone
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
ineedone is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnemyS15 View Post
ok so maybe you guys can help me out. I am back in the gym after a very sporadic year and a half. Also back in my MMA training. So physical regiment I am good on.

My issue is my diet. I am extremely picky with my foods, It's something that carried over with me from my childhood. I am seeking help to manage this problem. Now, I am wondering what type of diet I could do, within the limited range of foods I do eat, that will help me gain lean mass as best as possible.

Meats: Only chicken. I don't eat steaks hot dogs, hamburger. etc
Vegs: None. I have to take vitamin supplements and v8 to get SOMETHING, as opposed to nothing.
Fruits: Same as above... Orange, Grape, Lemonade
Grains: All whole grains. No white grains.
Dairy: All sorts, no probs with diary
Seafood: None

I typically eat a bunch of pasta, baked chicken, Brown rice, Pizza, Oatmeal, protein cereal, greens vitamins, along with lots of v8, juice, and water. No soda, no real sweets aside from the once in a while nutter butter bar. I eat lots of peanut butter.
Of course supplements, shakes,, vitamins, and wheat grass.

My pickiness is getting better a little at a time, but before someone just says "EAT FOOD", my issue stems from something in my head or traumatic event. It's an issue with texture. I attempt to try something new and involuntarily vomit at the first bite.

hopefully you guys can help. I am extremely active (started back up 3 weeks ago). I am at a not so happy 188. I would like to get myself back to fit 165-175.
Not sure what you want as far as advice. If you want to bulk up, get more protein shakes in?

If you want to cut up, eat less pizza?
ineedone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 07:13 PM   #2078
InsTanCeZ
Zilvia Addict

InsTanCeZ is an unknown quantity at this point
I just started doing Stronglifts 5x5 routine and I love it. Definitely recommend to anyone who is new to lifting or just wants to get stronger. They even have an app, but it is a very simple routine. I also do some cardio after lifting.
Old 11-25-2014, 07:53 AM   #2079
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Know of any black friday deals on supplements? I am running low and am holding out until Friday. I figure this week it wouldnt make a difference when I order because of the short work week.
ZenkiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 08:59 AM   #2080
4-20sx
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (50)
4-20sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 50 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 4-20sx
I always check out the clearance isle at my fitness gym
Old 12-01-2014, 08:35 AM   #2081
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Can I replace a meal with whey?
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 09:59 AM   #2082
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomb View Post
Can you suggest me a good supplement?

What are you looking for exactly?

Energy/Weight loss? Multi vitamin?
Old 12-02-2014, 02:47 PM   #2083
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Can I replace a meal with whey?
If you are serious asking this, then no, you should not replace a meal with whey.

If you are just posting this to be funny, I would caution you that it is misleading to others who may not know that you cannot actually replace a meal with whey.

And finally, you would need to define a meal first before you can actually answer that question. if your idea of a meal is a peanut brittle bar @ 120~ calories then I suppose a 120~ calories scoop of whey would replace it nicely.

But that is not my definition of a meal. A meal for me is, 2 chicken breasts, 1 baked potato, 1 cup pasta, any amount of broccoli, 1 banana, 1 yogurt, 2 cups milk, 1 slice of bread, and thats just first breakfast at 8am.
Old 12-17-2014, 05:50 AM   #2084
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
No, you can't replace a meal with whey. You would like to actually look for a true meal replacement shake (these are usually weight gainers or ones part of a weight loss program).

Also, I personally don't like Creatine makes you look bloated and skin looks puffy because you retain water like a preggo.
Old 12-17-2014, 07:30 AM   #2085
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

the only tried and true way I know of to bulk up is the 5k cal diet.
Old 12-17-2014, 09:13 PM   #2086
Kaizen.
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (10)
Kaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Haven't been here in a long time but I like to share some very beneficial info.

Im sure most already know the basics of training. Below I will list some major and random info off the top of my head that i've accumulated through the past year. Mainly bodybuilding, not powerlifting oriented. All info was gathered by respectable trainers, bodybuilders, nutritionist. Like it or hate it, just remember, like life, you always want to continue to learn, kaizen.

Training:
MTM = Mind to muscle connection, always always know what you're working out and know that exact muscle you are trying to target. To truly feel that muscle activating.

TUT = Time under tension, take your time, training is a marathon not a sprint. Working out is to tear your muscle fibers so you can rebuild them (in the kitchen/bed, sleep), but increased time under tension will help tear your muscles even more aka making it work harder. Focus on the negatives, ex: 2 second positive, 4 second negative. It's not how you get from point A to point B, but how you hold the tension between.

ROM = Range of motion. To truly be able to maximize the benefits of the workout, range of motion will give maximum stretch/tear. If you can't squat or bench all the way down, lower the weights, don't let your ego get in the way.

They say Hypertrophy (8-12 rep range) is the key to spark growth and Strength (3-5 rep range) is where to be. Below I have attached a program that I just finished and I think you all will benefit from. It helped me hit PR's every single week and allowed the perfect balance of rest and training. Check it out, also you can switch the accessory work with alternating exercises. Remember, you get big in the kitchen and rest/sleep. Allow your body parts 48-72 hours before hitting that same muscle group again.

http://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/phul-workout

few Youtube guys I follow:
Athlean-X
TheOnlineCoach

Nutrition: Nothing beats whole foods. I was told by many, to reach your goal, its 70% Diet and 30% Training. I say stop being a little.....and give it 100% on both! Want maximum results, continue to learn. Learn your body type and how its reacted in the pass. Learn macros, learn what you are in taking on the daily. Download MyFitnessPal, input it and track your consumption. Master the timing of your foods. Know when to eat what and how. Maximize those protein shakes with fruits and nutts, etc. Cut out the sugars/sodas and unhealthy fast foods. Im not telling you to cut out everything, but learn to change and form into a lifestyle of a healthier living.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, as we are young, we sacrifice health for wealth, once we get older we sacrifice wealth for health. We came into this world by ourselves, we die by ourselves, a coffin is only made for one. So take care of it, cherish it, be the best that you can be. You have greatness within you!

Last edited by Kaizen.; 12-18-2014 at 02:38 PM..
Kaizen. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 12:21 PM   #2087
4-20sx
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (50)
4-20sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 50 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 4-20sx
^^^^^^^ amen ^^^^^^
Old 12-18-2014, 09:11 PM   #2088
93_ProjectS13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
93_ProjectS13 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenkiKid View Post
the only tried and true way I know of to bulk up is the 5k cal diet.
And 2cc of test a week.
93_ProjectS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 12:41 PM   #2089
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Damn, RIP Greg Plitt
Old 01-18-2015, 02:09 PM   #2090
Fries
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
Fries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnnr View Post
Damn, RIP Greg Plitt
Too much this. Man, this guy seriously inspired me so much. Gonna be missed for sure.
Old 01-07-2017, 07:55 PM   #2091
mau5trap
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (8)
mau5trap is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mau5trap
Anyone trying to hit up LAfitexpo tomorrow?
Old 01-07-2017, 08:18 PM   #2092
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Totally spaced on it. I plan on checking out the one in August since thats my birthday weekend.

heard its worth going to since Supps are super cheap.

I completed the Chris Gethin 12 week program 2 months ago and all I got out of it was bursitis in my shoulder and a bulkier chest and neck. -_- Need to find a program that suits me is tough.
Old 07-24-2017, 12:41 PM   #2093
taeisbeast
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
taeisbeast is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenkiKid View Post
Totally spaced on it. I plan on checking out the one in August since thats my birthday weekend.

heard its worth going to since Supps are super cheap.

I completed the Chris Gethin 12 week program 2 months ago and all I got out of it was bursitis in my shoulder and a bulkier chest and neck. -_- Need to find a program that suits me is tough.

Programs help, but it all depends on what exactly you want out of your body. Are you training of powerlifting, bodybuilding? Those come into factor when training tied along with proper supplementation and diet.

From there, you can then choose what best suits your lifestyle. Also, if you received an injury, then most likely you were either pressing too much weight neglecting your form or your form was just off.
taeisbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 07:28 PM   #2094
MightyMouse13
Zilvia Member

MightyMouse13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Not bodybuilding, but gym related- my powerlifting meet This Saturday will be on livestream if anybody's looking for a good way to kill time. I'll be looking to break the APA American record in the squat at 148, and my coach for bench, Jeremy Hoornstra will be upping his all time bench world record at 242 again. 4 600+ lb benchers, 2 800+ lb deadlifters, a couple girls who pull 400+ in this meet so lots of freaky stuff gonna go down. Link isn't up yet but I'll post if anybody's interested.

Yes I know, shameless self-promotion but had to find an excuse to post in this thread because addicted to gym.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MightyMouse13 is offline   Reply With Quote