Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 02-28-2007, 11:14 AM   #121
EndLeSS8
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
EndLeSS8 will become famous soon enoughEndLeSS8 will become famous soon enoughEndLeSS8 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
For Wandy/Henderson, I wasn't exactly shocked, but I still wanted Wandy to win. Minor upset to me, but still an upset.

Nog... that was my 2nd biggest upset to me.

Biggest upset/disappointment to me was by FAR Gomi. I had huge hopes into him DESTROYING Diaz, esp coming after such a huge KO in December. It was just one of the strangest fights I've ever seen... Gomi literally bouncing off the ropes and stuff.

Overall, Pride 33 was like from an alternate universe, that accidentally switched into our own.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2007, 01:56 PM   #122
zenki-217
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
zenki-217 is just really nicezenki-217 is just really nicezenki-217 is just really nicezenki-217 is just really nicezenki-217 is just really nicezenki-217 is just really nicezenki-217 is just really nicezenki-217 is just really nicezenki-217 is just really nicezenki-217 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Every one every where seems to talk shit now about wandy.. He lost 2 times now in a row.. But look why .. Cro cop a man on a mission and a HW at that... Then hes fighting with a 103 temp throat infection and so on agianst Henderson who is no bitch by far... Silva hasnt loss his touch just yet but has fallen on shitty luck .. He'll b back.
zenki-217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 03:00 PM   #123
sw20>>s14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
sw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sw20>>s14
hes just finally being challenged...even if it meant fighting guys at 205+, but i think he bit off more than he could chew...him bulking up has definitely hindered his explosiveness and speed...i still have nothing but love for silva, but rua is definitely holding the chute boxe fort down also...i personally hope rua can reclaim the MW title under chute boxe again...

were aware that silva was hospitalized the night before, but hendo also broke his hand in the first round...so no one has the right to take anything away from either fighter...silva fans are just disappointed, but still supportive...plus having two consecutive losses places silva vs liddell less and less feasible so i think the majority of MMA fans are most disappointed in that...and due to the KO, he wont be fighting in nevada for a while either...

as for sokoudjou and nog, that was a pretty big shocker, but sokoudjou is having a second coming at kamikaze so we'll see if hes the real deal or not...yes, i am a dork for the puns...
Old 02-28-2007, 03:34 PM   #124
EndLeSS8
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
EndLeSS8 will become famous soon enoughEndLeSS8 will become famous soon enoughEndLeSS8 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
I think the best event of 2006 was the semi-finals of the Pride tourney (Pride: Final Countdown, I believe?)
You got to see Silva at his peak, with a great match against Fujita, and Crocop chopping Yoshida down with leg kicks.

Shogun is GREAT, but the last 2 matches I've seen him fight, he seemed a bit "off" compared to his usual self.
But that punch on Overreem was INSANE. It was so fast that I didn't even notice it the first time around.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:49 AM   #125
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Being a Brazilian myself I am really sad about Nog and Silva's losses, silva was off..and Nog...lol.that was more than a lucky uncalculated punch that hit him..dude wasnt even looking..I guess everyone did realize that the shootboxe team was completely off..I am glad Shogun won but he was fighting totally un agressive and same with silva...as soon as they got in the ring i could tell ....just buy their expressions.
like their minds were somewhere else...
GabeS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 02:00 AM   #126
sw20>>s14
Post Whore!

sw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond repute
all i know is that BTT did not need that devastating loss...sokoudjou seemed more like a sacrificial sheep more than anything else...
Old 03-01-2007, 10:01 AM   #127
BC240
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
BC240 will become famous soon enoughBC240 will become famous soon enoughBC240 will become famous soon enoughBC240 will become famous soon enoughBC240 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
That was the first pride event i've seen and I was blown away. I never could have predicted so many upsets and so much action. They made UFC seem plain and boring.
BC240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 11:05 AM   #128
oOdextaOo
Zilvia Member

oOdextaOo is a jewel in the roughoOdextaOo is a jewel in the roughoOdextaOo is a jewel in the roughoOdextaOo is a jewel in the roughoOdextaOo is a jewel in the roughoOdextaOo is a jewel in the roughoOdextaOo is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to oOdextaOo
ya, pride is pretty good, but having some of their fighters head over to ufc (crocop and rampage) definitely helps level the playing field. looking forward to the seeing the 'comeback trails' of several of the fighters on this weekend's ufc.

as for last weekend's pride, i only caught the gomi v. diaz fight. man, what an upset still need to watch the wanderlei v. hendersen fight. i hear that's the same case too
oOdextaOo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 12:30 PM   #129
zenki-217
Zilvia Junkie

zenki-217 is just really nicezenki-217 is just really nicezenki-217 is just really nicezenki-217 is just really nicezenki-217 is just really nicezenki-217 is just really nicezenki-217 is just really nicezenki-217 is just really nicezenki-217 is just really nicezenki-217 is just really nice
If any of you guys are interested in a Fantasy league for mma betting and team fun check out www.mmaplayground.com and look for my team I just started there obsessed with mma .
Old 03-01-2007, 12:33 PM   #130
zenki-217
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by oOdextaOo
ya, pride is pretty good, but having some of their fighters head over to ufc (crocop and rampage) definitely helps level the playing field. looking forward to the seeing the 'comeback trails' of several of the fighters on this weekend's ufc.

as for last weekend's pride, i only caught the gomi v. diaz fight. man, what an upset still need to watch the wanderlei v. hendersen fight. i hear that's the same case too
Rampage came from WFA is last fight in Pride was back in feb 06.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:34 PM   #131
zenki-217
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC240
That was the first pride event i've seen and I was blown away. I never could have predicted so many upsets and so much action. They made UFC seem plain and boring.
They usually do .. There fight cards usually are huge.
Old 03-01-2007, 02:30 PM   #132
oOdextaOo
Zilvia Member

oOdextaOo is a jewel in the roughoOdextaOo is a jewel in the roughoOdextaOo is a jewel in the roughoOdextaOo is a jewel in the roughoOdextaOo is a jewel in the roughoOdextaOo is a jewel in the roughoOdextaOo is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenki-217
Rampage came from WFA is last fight in Pride was back in feb 06.
whoops. thanks for the clarification
Old 03-04-2007, 09:51 PM   #133
oOdextaOo
Zilvia Member

so what're everyone's thoughts on yesterday's ufc? i'm just glad to see sylvia out and couture back in. that was one helluva fight.
Old 03-05-2007, 12:16 AM   #134
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
what, there's a ufc 68? jk...but, i was'nt really interested.

so sylvia vs crocop, next.

im also waitin to see lyoto vs forest in ufc 70
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 12:37 AM   #135
WERDdabuilder
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
WERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
that match showed how bad of an MMA fighter tim is. did he even have a game plan going into the match at all?
Old 03-05-2007, 02:39 AM   #136
WERDdabuilder
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
WERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
oh and i think this is new kimbo.

http://www.shooshtime.com/clips/video.php?id=12928

a little grappling i guess haha.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:51 AM   #137
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

Trader Rating: (9)
mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Glad to see Sylvia dethroned. I never liked that dude.
Couture was amazing.
mrmephistopheles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 07:39 AM   #138
PBucch
Premium Member

PBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfection
Couture's takedown finishes were incredible!

That first punch set the tone, F sylvia, I hate fighters who do not press the action.
Old 03-05-2007, 09:18 AM   #139
oOdextaOo
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOROSUN
so sylvia vs crocop, next.
haha that would be the case if sylvia was still hw champ
Old 03-05-2007, 11:37 AM   #140
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
sylvia is still a hw champ contender, theyre not goin to throw crocop right into a championship title, just yet. they need to milk out and build a hype up.
Old 03-05-2007, 11:49 AM   #141
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
So how longs will Couture's old ass remain champ? He's good, but I can see him loosing the belt pretty quick.

I didn't see the fight, though, I heard it was really good.
Old 03-05-2007, 12:40 PM   #142
oOdextaOo
Zilvia Member

hm true. according to this interview on sherdog, dana white is having crocop take on one more fight before a title fight. i think that's right right interview, can't tell though because there's no speakers for my computer at work. anyways, his next opponent is gabriel gonzaga at ufc 69 in england. hope it's a good match.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:01 PM   #143
PBucch
Premium Member

PBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfection
Whats up with Rich Franklin getting to fight Anderson Silva in his hometown to get hte title back, thats a little fucked up dont you think?

Not like its going to matter, hes gonna get fucking stomped again.
Old 03-05-2007, 03:46 PM   #144
sw20>>s14
Post Whore!

the fight was awesome, a real life classic rocky thing goin on...only gripe i have is that couture better work on his striking...dont get me wrong, standing up with sylvia is no walk in the park (esp if youre only 6'0), but he outclassed sylvia standing up and hit him with 15+ clean shots yet, still couldnt bring the ogre down...reminded me a lot of the gomi vs diaz fight...he needs more power if he expects to defend the belt against crocop in the not so distant future...luckily for him, crocop doesnt exactly have the strongest chin...sylvia looked helpless, but ill give him props for really good defense...he really impressed me defending himself against a top notch roman greco wrestler/grappler...going five rounds with couture is nothing to sneeze at...however, i dont agree with what rogan and the other announcers were saying...how his losses to liddell were maybe attributed to his divorce and mental anguish...i still dont think couture has what it takes to close that chapter of his career...

i also dont agree on franklin getting the title fight so soon, but he really impressed me against mcdonald...total dominance and a great game plan...thats the rich that everybody is used to seeing, but its still not gonna be enough against silva...especially since after his fight with lutter, he flew to thailand a few days later to train muay thai for a couple of months from the best of the best...if rich thought silvas clinch was wicked before, wait until hes in it again...theres only so many times you can straighten your nose out rich...
Old 03-05-2007, 04:22 PM   #145
infinitexsound
Post Whore!

infinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond repute
joe rogan =john madden, im tired of the sound of his voice... im pretty sure alot of people agree with me... but eh the fight was okay.... coutoure dominated the whole match.. sylvia just get his rhythm down...
Old 03-05-2007, 05:13 PM   #146
BC240
Zilvia Junkie

BC240 will become famous soon enoughBC240 will become famous soon enoughBC240 will become famous soon enoughBC240 will become famous soon enoughBC240 will become famous soon enough
it would appear Cro Cop is fighting Gonzaga first then Couture.. Randy is a stallion but I fear for him. I don't see anyone in the UFC that can stop CC.
BC240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 06:28 PM   #147
sw20>>s14
Post Whore!

CC vs gonzaga at 70...CC also called brandon vera out...truly a man on a mission to turn the UFC upside down for the belt...
Old 03-05-2007, 07:55 PM   #148
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

if crocop vs vera ever happens, i would have to go with vera, cause he's reppin for my peoples.

also forgot vera called out chuck liddell way back ago, not for the lhw title but, a exhibition to beat his ass. it never happened.
Old 03-06-2007, 10:02 AM   #149
oOdextaOo
Zilvia Member

man, when is vera gonna fight next? he's one of my fave up-and-comers. +1 on paying to see cc vs. vera.
Old 03-06-2007, 04:05 PM   #150
sw20>>s14
Post Whore!

if he renews his contract with UFC...