Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-24-2009, 12:22 PM   #1
ANVIL
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (8)
ANVIL can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
s13 any s13 guys relocate their stereo?

i have an indash flip out dvd screen deck and i was thinking about relocating it to the vents above the climate control. it would put the screen in a better viewing position and not get in the way of shifting. also would free up din space to add a nice mouning place for gauges, ebc or whatever i want to put in there after. anyone ever done this?
ANVIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2009, 01:09 PM   #2
landins13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
landins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
the vent space isnt deep enough to put a head unit into, unless you make some sort of fiberglass bubble that comes out of the dash a little bit, or unless you start cutting shit. since its a flip out id say leave it where it is, my console and air vent are all guages so my head unit is in my glove box i tried to get it to fit into the vent, but i didnt want to cut the dash support up or have a fiberglass bubble poing out of the dash an inch
Old 03-24-2009, 01:12 PM   #3
ZX88
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
ZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
some people put it in the arm rest.
ZX88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 01:19 PM   #4
zenki.life
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (27)
zenki.life is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to zenki.life
leave it where it is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by super240s14 View Post
man you all are ass holes...... and that is rude to talk like that on zilvia im reporting all you...... ZILVIA ADMINISTRATION PLEASE BANNED ALL THREE OF THESE DUDES
^^another person learns the perils of "stupid posting" on zilvia, too bad none will care.
zenki.life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 01:36 PM   #5
pinkarrowsnow
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
pinkarrowsnow has a spectacular aura aboutpinkarrowsnow has a spectacular aura aboutpinkarrowsnow has a spectacular aura aboutpinkarrowsnow has a spectacular aura aboutpinkarrowsnow has a spectacular aura aboutpinkarrowsnow has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
dont move it and if your gauges actually mean anything looking down into the din isnt the safest place to be checking out while your driving
pinkarrowsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 01:52 PM   #6
d r i f t swift
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
d r i f t swift is a jewel in the roughd r i f t swift is a jewel in the roughd r i f t swift is a jewel in the roughd r i f t swift is a jewel in the roughd r i f t swift is a jewel in the roughd r i f t swift is a jewel in the roughd r i f t swift is a jewel in the roughd r i f t swift is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
ive been thinking about this for a while also..ive had a flip out in-dash and planned on putting it where the climate control is. and then moving that down to the din. and then below that put the pocket... just havent had enough motivation to do all this yet.
Old 03-24-2009, 03:30 PM   #7
Fonix36
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (34)
Fonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 34 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Fonix36 Send a message via Yahoo to Fonix36
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkarrowsnow View Post
dont move it and if your gauges actually mean anything looking down into the din isnt the safest place to be checking out while your driving
^
this is the correct answer.

DRiFT 4 A Cure!
Fonix36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 05:56 PM   #8
C. Anderson
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (17)
C. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX88 View Post
some people put it in the arm rest.
A flip out screen head unit?
C. Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 06:45 PM   #9
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkarrowsnow View Post
yes, but it is the most convenient and looks much more classy than hanging a bunch of shit from your a-pillar.

besides, how often are you checking your voltage or temps? an occasional glance is all you need.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 07:24 PM   #10
speedgod^s13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
speedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to speedgod^s13
Just get a double din, because it fits perfect, and looks great. Done, and done.
speedgod^s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 08:35 PM   #11
pinkarrowsnow
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
pinkarrowsnow has a spectacular aura aboutpinkarrowsnow has a spectacular aura aboutpinkarrowsnow has a spectacular aura aboutpinkarrowsnow has a spectacular aura aboutpinkarrowsnow has a spectacular aura aboutpinkarrowsnow has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
yes, but it is the most convenient and looks much more classy than hanging a bunch of shit from your a-pillar.

besides, how often are you checking your voltage or temps? an occasional glance is all you need.
My answer is true and so is yours but i know with my built ka-t im always checkin oil pressure and air fuels and boost just to stay safe but thats just me. ixfxi completly agree with you if its a stock sr or just some voltage gauges though.
pinkarrowsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 08:51 PM   #12
BustedS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post

this is the correct answer

don't you cali guys get your shit stolen constantly and have issues with the cops? it'd make even more sense to mount them in the radio hole.

OP: easy solution is to dump the rice and get a single din head unit.
Old 03-24-2009, 09:48 PM   #13
JaMeSoN
BANNED

Trader Rating: (1)
JaMeSoN is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I moved mine to the glovebox. I control everything from my ipod anyways so I dont really need to touch it.

Was it a pain in the ass? FUCK YES

JaMeSoN is offline   Reply With Quote