Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-22-2017, 09:43 PM   #1
str8sidewayz
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
str8sidewayz is making a name for him/her selfstr8sidewayz is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Metal fuel pump hat fabrication for AN fittings

Hey fellas,
While in the process of building my Ls1 turbo setup on my RHD s14 silvia, I came across the fuel system upgrade, currently I am running a turbonetics T78 .96ar turbo setup. With my current setup, I opted to run 8an fuel feed lines and 6an return fuel lines. However, I planned to keep the stock fuel tank rather than switch to a fuel cell. I also noticed that the fuel pump hat on the oem s14 tank
Is made of plastic. Realizing there's no good reliable ways to fit an fittings into the hat to accept my larger fittings I went back to the drawing board. After doing some research I found a few companies which made billet fuel pump hats that were upward of $300 or more. Upon looking around my shop a bit, it hit me. I was able to throw something together for just a few dollars which I decided to pass onto you guys. The oem hat has rubber O ring which seals the hat to the tank than the collar goes on over it. I had a spare 4.5" v band laying around and realized that the v band fit perfectly inside the tank with the rubber seal over it. Also having some steel laying around, I cut the steel circle out and welded the v band to it creating the perfect metal fuel pump hat. After that I was able to drill 3 holes into the top (feed, return, vent) and weld the applicable fittings into the hat and BOOM! metal gas tank hat with an fittings. The wires needed for the fuel pump were ran through the hat using a bulkhead fitting. This can be done much cheaper than purchasing a pre made one. Here are the pictures that I have so far. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
Thanks.

Old 01-23-2017, 04:19 PM   #2
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
That is so cool! I was hoping someone would make a "product" for this for people who don't welding skills or tools like me.... I would buy this from you if you had it for an S13 though.... Right now I have to pipe my AN Lines to a barb fitting to a short fuel injection line to my standard fuel pump plate.... Sucks :'(
Old 01-24-2017, 06:54 AM   #3
str8sidewayz
Zilvia Member

str8sidewayz is making a name for him/her selfstr8sidewayz is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by slider2828 View Post
That is so cool! I was hoping someone would make a "product" for this for people who don't welding skills or tools like me.... I would buy this from you if you had it for an S13 though.... Right now I have to pipe my AN Lines to a barb fitting to a short fuel injection line to my standard fuel pump plate.... Sucks :'(
I'm not sure how much different the s13 pump setup is than the s14 but if you can do some research I'm sure I could whip up something for you.
Old 01-24-2017, 10:21 AM   #4
slider2828
Post Whore!

slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Oh wow thanks!.... I can take some measurements... You should definitely think about producing these if you have time.
Old 01-24-2017, 02:07 PM   #5
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Right now I have to pipe my AN Lines to a barb fitting to a short fuel injection line to my standard fuel pump plate.... Sucks :'(
I have the same on my s13. Functionally works the same.

That being said, I'm sure if a cheaper/more readily available option was present, users would buy it. Remember, s-chassis owners are cheap fucks.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 02:38 PM   #6
japslapsilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
japslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
I made an aluminium one for my s-13 pics are toward the bottom of the page in my build
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=265084&page=8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspecusa View Post

Nothing is rare just expensive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
if you've ever been with multiple women, then even you can understand that not all girlfriends are created equal. some are capable of amazing oral talents, while others dont mind a lill back door action.
japslapsilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 05:52 PM   #7
str8sidewayz
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by japslapsilvia View Post
I made an aluminium one for my s-13 pics are toward the bottom of the page in my build
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=265084&page=8
That's a really nice setup! where did you find that bulkhead fitting for your wiring? im currently at that stage and wasn't sure what to use.
Old 01-25-2017, 12:08 AM   #8
slider2828
Post Whore!

Did you just make that thing flat? I guess that can work and then use an bulkhead fittings. Did you do a lift pump or just external only? Cool stuff
Old 01-25-2017, 07:58 AM   #9
japslapsilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
japslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by str8sidewayz View Post
That's a really nice setup! where did you find that bulkhead fitting for your wiring? im currently at that stage and wasn't sure what to use.
Thanks! The one in the pic i bought on ebay, however i did not end up using it as the membrane that separates the pins was not compatible with fuel and ended up swelling. I switched over to a 100% plastic unit http://www.alliedelec.com/te-connect...FVa5wAodFgkKXw

and then sealed up the un-used holes.

Quote:
Did you just make that thing flat? I guess that can work and then use an bulkhead fittings. Did you do a lift pump or just external only? Cool stuff
Yes the top is flat with a simple angle welded to it to hold the pump, and float.
i am using a DW 255 to fill the surge tank, then a DW350 to the motor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspecusa View Post

Nothing is rare just expensive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
if you've ever been with multiple women, then even you can understand that not all girlfriends are created equal. some are capable of amazing oral talents, while others dont mind a lill back door action.
japslapsilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 12:23 PM   #10
2muchboost
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
2muchboost is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Nice work guys. Might be overkill but I am a fan of anodizing fuel related components even the top hat for added protection.
2muchboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 01:43 PM   #11
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
hanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2muchboost View Post
Nice work guys. Might be overkill but I am a fan of anodizing fuel related components even the top hat for added protection.
You can't anodize steel.
Old 01-25-2017, 02:18 PM   #12
s13silvia123
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
s13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
that gold color you see on your fuel components in the fuel tank is plated steel

s13silvia123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 03:29 PM   #13
2muchboost
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
2muchboost is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Sorry not anodize but adding some anti-corrosion coating of some sort. Lol lack of sleep really does make people delirious and I should probably learn to read...DERP.
2muchboost is offline   Reply With Quote