Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-11-2018, 07:41 PM   #31
Rustys14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
Rustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Just installed the Cutworm fittings along with my new rack and they did the trick. I bought both fittings and the total after shipping was right around $27. I would definitely recommend anyone with a ChaseBays kit pick these up if you're having trouble with leaking at the rack. I don't really see a problem with them being aluminum, the fittings have O rings and are the proper length so you don't really have to crank down all that hard to get them to seal.
Rustys14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2018, 09:16 AM   #32
k00laid83
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
k00laid83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
That's the set I was referring to in my post

Why are people so keen on NOT running AL?? If the fitting is built correctly, one should NOT have to crank down on it and strip threads/destroy fittings. If you are destroying fittings or have some aversion to AL, you are doing something wrong
I haven't tried any AL fittings on my rack. I had a bad experience with a AL fitting on my turbo I had back in the day on my civic. It wasn't over tightened it had snapped right above where it threaded in. It was perfect for a few months and then just broke. So I personally always use steel or brass if possible.

Quote:
Quote:
Just installed the Cutworm fittings along with my new rack and they did the trick. I bought both fittings and the total after shipping was right around $27. I would definitely recommend anyone with a ChaseBays kit pick these up if you're having trouble with leaking at the rack. I don't really see a problem with them being aluminum, the fittings have O rings and are the proper length so you don't really have to crank down all that hard to get them to seal.
I'm glad they worked out for you. Great option! I've been in talks with a few hydraulic companies about these fittings, and every fitting I've seen that they provide needs to be milled. The quality of all the fittings I've seen are amazing. I just can't seem to find fittings besides cutworm that are just long enough without being milled. I've even thought of buying a small mill and milling down their fittings.
k00laid83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 02:20 PM   #33
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I'm pretty sure Cutworm are selling milled fittings as well.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 09:02 PM   #34
oLemurs
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
oLemurs has a spectacular aura aboutoLemurs has a spectacular aura aboutoLemurs has a spectacular aura aboutoLemurs has a spectacular aura aboutoLemurs has a spectacular aura aboutoLemurs has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
So is it common practice to keep the high pressure line connector to the pump or to remove it?
I usually see it done both ways as the fitting usually supplied with most kits can be installed into this connector, or you can remove it and install straight into the pump itself. Thing is I believe the banjo bolt securing the connector to the pump is actually also a pressure regulator. Would be interesting to find out if people with PS issues did or did not retain it.
speaking of this adapter does ANYONE know the size AN fitting you need to delete this connector?
oLemurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 08:28 AM   #35
PatPs13
Leaky Injector

PatPs13 will become famous soon enoughPatPs13 will become famous soon enoughPatPs13 will become famous soon enoughPatPs13 will become famous soon enoughPatPs13 will become famous soon enough
Just installed a P2M brand high pressure line straight to the banjo connector. No leaks at the pump and no leaks at the rack
PatPs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 10:32 PM   #36
k00laid83
Zilvia Junkie

Hi everyone just wanted to share the example test pieces I had made. These test pieces were done in stainless. The o-rings that are on the fittings are of a higher grade and are made of vitron/FKM material.

The initial shop that made these fittings doubled my initial quote. Which wouldn't make the fittings affordable for everyone. So now I'm in talks with a couple of new shops. Just waiting on a quote from one other shop. I'm hoping to get these fittings made soon.

Well take a look at the fittings bolted to a spare rack I have.

Last edited by k00laid83; 12-13-2019 at 10:07 PM.. Reason: Fixing all of the photobucket issues
Old 03-27-2018, 10:43 PM   #37
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
So the shop charged you $50 for those??

EVen at $50, its cheaper than the other set on here for almost 70 hahahah!
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 11:51 PM   #38
k00laid83
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
So the shop charged you $50 for those??

EVen at $50, its cheaper than the other set on here for almost 70 hahahah!
Actually like way more! They wanted like $120 (they were smoking crack!) but I was like you never even contacted me and I wasn't aware they were even made. Luckily my haggling skills were on point lol. They just want way to much per fitting. I've already got a better price from a different shop. I'm just waiting on one more place. They might be able to give me a good price on stainless. As of right now a set will be $30 to $35, I'm hoping I can give that price for stainless. Still offering free shipping in the 48 states.
Old 03-28-2018, 05:51 AM   #39
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Materials costs have gone up, so if you get that price that would be sweet (but I wouldn't hold my breath)
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 07:31 AM   #40
EFITTZY
Zilvia Junkie

EFITTZY is making a name for him/her selfEFITTZY is making a name for him/her self
Very interested in a set. RalliartRsX has a good point about material costs increasing. In for final cost figure once you choose the shop that is going to manufacture em.
Old 03-28-2018, 07:54 AM   #41
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Would be nice to see some side-by-side shots of the stock fittings, these new "correct" fittings, and the commonly used "incorrect" fittings. Showing the oring depths etc.
Old 03-28-2018, 10:48 AM   #42
k00laid83
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Materials costs have gone up, so if you get that price that would be sweet (but I wouldn't hold my breath)
Yea I totally get that material cost went up by 25% because of Trump. It makes sense but I've already received quotes from other shops that are working with me. I've received quotes from overseas (China) as well, they're giving me a good price. I'm just trying to keep everything local, but if the price works for everyone and they don't care if it's from china then I might consider it.

Just keeping options open so it's affordable for everyone.
Old 03-28-2018, 10:53 AM   #43
k00laid83
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Would be nice to see some side-by-side shots of the stock fittings, these new "correct" fittings, and the commonly used "incorrect" fittings. Showing the oring depths etc.
Ask and you shall receive. I thought I included this pic, I guess I was wrong. I also included a pic of the fitting that was sent to me for the low pressure side. That fitting doesn't have an o-ring, it's the last pic. In the first pic you'll see a pic of the old fitting, it's the only fitting with the o-ring.

Old Fittings:

Last edited by k00laid83; 12-13-2019 at 10:08 PM.. Reason: Fixing all of the photobucket issues
Old 03-28-2018, 11:39 AM   #44
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Forgot the stock ones lol.
Old 03-28-2018, 11:46 AM   #45
k00laid83
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
I don't have the stock lines. Well I might have the one for the low pressure, but its just the hard line. I'll send pics later on when I'm off of work.
Old 03-28-2018, 07:49 PM   #46
k00laid83
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Here's the requested pic of the low pressure stock line with my fitting. Unfortunately, I don't have the stock high pressure line to take pics of.

Last edited by k00laid83; 12-13-2019 at 10:09 PM..
Old 04-01-2018, 06:28 AM   #47
k00laid83
Zilvia Junkie

Hi everyone,

I hope everyone is having a great Easter. I just wanted to keep people updated. As of right now the number of people wanting a set of fittings is at 73. Just trying to get a whole number of fittings that I'll need before I put in my order. If I could get close to 100 that would be great that way I have enough for everyone. I installed these on my car on Friday and am testing everything to ensure everything works. Since installing a set of the test fittings I haven't had one leak. I let my car run for a while and have checked many times since installing them to see if anything was leaking. So far there hasn't been anything, I'll be taking out my car this morning and drive it around to see if any leaks become apparent.

Right now the fittings will be made of steel with zinc coating. I have yet to hear back from another shop with a reasonable quote. I'm basing the cost on the best quote I've received. These fittings are made locally in the USA.

If you're interested in a set please let me know as soon as you can in comments or in the messenger.

The set will be sold for $37 free shipping in the 48 states. I've upped the price to include paypal fees. I'll ship overseas but you will have to cover the shipping.

If you have any questions please let me know. I'll be providing my Google Pay information sometime next week to people who are interested in a set. The turn around time for the fittings is 3-4 weeks from the machine shop. Then a week or so for me to ship the fittings out.

Here are pics of the installation:
A shot of my homemade fittings before I started undoing my lines.

A shot of my homemade fittings I tig welded. Not the best but I'm still learning, they don't leak though lol.

Comparison shot with the homemade fittings.

Test fittings being installed.

Last edited by k00laid83; 12-13-2019 at 10:15 PM.. Reason: Fixing all of the photobucket issues
Old 04-02-2018, 02:17 PM   #48
k00laid83
Zilvia Junkie

It seems like I'm able to receive private messages now. For some reason it was set up to allow only moderators to send me messages.
Old 04-03-2018, 12:46 AM   #49
Zeratul
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
Zeratul is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Does anybody know the minimum distance from the o-ring to the base of the hex to ensure a leak free fit? The fittings I have are 15mm and if they aren't long enough, it will just be cheaper to buy all new pieces.
Zeratul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 10:05 AM   #50
k00laid83
Zilvia Junkie

13 sets sold so far
Old 04-05-2018, 12:49 AM   #51
blackmags91
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
blackmags91 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by k00laid83 View Post
13 sets sold so far
feedback anyone?
blackmags91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 08:44 AM   #52
k00laid83
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeratul View Post
Does anybody know the minimum distance from the o-ring to the base of the hex to ensure a leak free fit? The fittings I have are 15mm and if they aren't long enough, it will just be cheaper to buy all new pieces.

15mm is for sure to short in my experience.
Old 04-05-2018, 08:49 AM   #53
k00laid83
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmags91 View Post
feedback anyone?
The 18 sets that have been sold are all pre-orders. I'll only be doing a limited run on fitting sets. I'll have a very limited amount of stock and it depends on how many pre-orders I receive.

I've been advising people on the s-chassis facebook communities that it's going to be first come, first serve.

On Monday, I'll be advising the machine shop the amount of fittings that I will be needing.

If anyone has any questions at all please do not hesitate in contacting me.
Old 04-06-2018, 07:42 AM   #54
k00laid83
Zilvia Junkie

What's up everyone. Just an update, yesterday I emailed my blueprints to the machine shop. I've taken Monday off so I can drop off my samples, and talk about details before completing the batch.

On Monday, they will have the final number of fittings I need made. If you haven't placed your order I suggest you do so. These fittings will be a one time run. I will have a very limited amount of stock. First come, first served.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate in contacting me.

PayPal: [email protected]
Email: [email protected]
Old 04-06-2018, 02:59 PM   #55
k00laid83
Zilvia Junkie

27 sets sold / pre-ordered so far.
Old 04-09-2018, 10:17 AM   #56
k00laid83
Zilvia Junkie

Getting ready to head over to the machine shop to talk about the amount of fittings I need. If you haven't placed your order yet I'd appreciate that you do. Please let me know, that way I have an accurate number. That way I have enough for everyone. As of right now this is a one time run.
Old 04-09-2018, 01:17 PM   #57
240KA
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
this is awesome. glad you're going through with this. i'm interested, but don't need to buy the fittings at this moment. hopefully they'll be available when my time comes.
240KA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 02:16 PM   #58
k00laid83
Zilvia Junkie

Alright I dropped off my prototypes. Getting the ball rolling is pretty exciting lol. I hate to say this but I was a nervous little girl when I was in there . Felt like the first day of school haha. Anyway the time frame is 3 to 4 weeks. If you're interested in a set don't hesitate to contact me.
Old 04-11-2018, 08:45 AM   #59
k00laid83
Zilvia Junkie

I still have open spots. If you're interested in a set of fittings please get a hold of me.
Old 04-11-2018, 07:19 PM   #60
Bnr32gtr
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Bnr32gtr will become famous soon enoughBnr32gtr will become famous soon enoughBnr32gtr will become famous soon enoughBnr32gtr will become famous soon enoughBnr32gtr will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Any chance this is the same fitting on z33 rack? Looking to do a z33 rack swap in future.
Bnr32gtr is offline   Reply With Quote