Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 02-07-2018, 12:02 AM   #601
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

hmmm water +psu. what could go wrong.
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2018, 12:04 AM   #602
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
And it's rgb....

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 12:18 AM   #603
anti tyler
GM2 (SW/AW)

Trader Rating: (37)
anti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
Send a message via AIM to anti tyler Send a message via Yahoo to anti tyler
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOROSUN View Post
hmmm water +psu. what could go wrong.

The same things that could go wrong with water on any other component. The problem is the price for that piece of ....

Just because kim ho young jon un ist um backs it, doesn't mean I'm buying it. I can't actually believe it's out of stock. Wondering if that is just a hype method trying to get people actually interested, or if it hasn't been fully released yet.
but that shyt has SWAG

KA-T for life!
Current for sale advertisement

anti tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 09:44 AM   #604
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Like psu's really get that hot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
$165? Fuck that.

I think I'm going stealth next case.
ive seen it for $150.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 09:53 AM   #605
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
Like psu's really get that hot.

ive seen it for $150.

I still don't see what makes it a $150 class case. More like $100 imho
Old 02-07-2018, 05:35 PM   #606
Future240
Future Moderator

Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
https://www.tweaktown.com/news/60760...021/index.html

Bad news for AMD if this is true.
Old 02-07-2018, 06:57 PM   #607
anti tyler
GM2 (SW/AW)

anti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfection
I'm so pissed off that these halo RGB rings require adapters.

That was not advertised, by any means.

I don't even want to finish building this anymore. irritation after irritation

I may return this case out of anger. Even though the adapter is only $5
but that shyt has SWAG

KA-T for life!

Old 02-08-2018, 01:54 PM   #608
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
Quote:
That's good news for the new RTG team.
And no more Gcn!!!

Just have to wait and see what 7mm Vega amd Navi can do.
Old 02-08-2018, 10:25 PM   #609
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
So, no new Intel chips for 2yrs.
Old 02-09-2018, 02:10 PM   #610
Future240
Future Moderator

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/rum...pril-12th.html
Old 02-09-2018, 03:07 PM   #611
anti tyler
GM2 (SW/AW)

Quote:
https://www.pcgamesn.com/nvidia-ampe...rmance-rumours
but that shyt has SWAG

KA-T for life!

Old 02-09-2018, 07:39 PM   #612
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

i wouldn't doubt nvidia doing something like that. milking paxwell further until they feel threatened.
but, if the gtx2080 can do async like titan v. basically, pascal(1080ti) with real async and some new features like pcie4 and hdmi2.1. i wouldn't mind at all.
Old 02-10-2018, 12:28 PM   #613
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
hanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Okay guys, I'm here for some help. Recently I've been getting random blue screen crashes with varying reasons and overall poor performance. Long story short I've had enough and I'm ready to do a major overhaul.

I went ahead and linked a screenshot of my current specs below,

https://gyazo.com/ef65d814ed7ac43ac86e966598b38074

I'm looking to go with a new processor, motherboard, and ram since a couple of my crashes have been memory related and I've already updated all of my drivers and my hard drive and SSD are both less than a year old so I'm fairly confident they're not at fault.

I have about $600 to throw at this any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 02-10-2018, 12:41 PM   #614
Future240
Future Moderator

If it's memory related why not just eBay some more ram?
Old 02-10-2018, 12:45 PM   #615
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
hanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
If it's memory related why not just eBay some more ram?
It has 16G in it, so I don't know if it's a compatibility issue or what but the CPU and the motherboard are also going on 6 years old. Overall it's just about time to change the hardware and I want to make the best investment possible.
Old 02-10-2018, 02:42 PM   #616
anti tyler
GM2 (SW/AW)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzbrady View Post
Okay guys, I'm here for some help. Recently I've been getting random blue screen crashes with varying reasons and overall poor performance. Long story short I've had enough and I'm ready to do a major overhaul.

I went ahead and linked a screenshot of my current specs below,

https://gyazo.com/ef65d814ed7ac43ac86e966598b38074

I'm looking to go with a new processor, motherboard, and ram since a couple of my crashes have been memory related and I've already updated all of my drivers and my hard drive and SSD are both less than a year old so I'm fairly confident they're not at fault.

I have about $600 to throw at this any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sounds like you may have fallen victim to the meltdown/spectre exploits.

Upgrade your stuff, for $600 you can build a pretty good PC.

Anything between $89-109 will be more than sufficient (MOBO);

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...84%20600530942

Per $ the RAM will be your highest costing item, thank the jackass miners ( got the g.skill ripjaws 16GBx2 for the price they're now selling the 8GBx2.. nuts) ;

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...73%20601275375

I7-7700K, I personally run this CPU at 5.3GHz currently. solid;

https://www.amazon.com/Intel-Desktop.../dp/B01MXSI216

I would stick to amazon for buying this stuff though, their customer service CANNOT be beat. Newegg made me pull teeth to get a $5 part that was missing from my case, shipped to me for free.

Like I said $600 is plenty of money to spruce up your system. If you already have a decent PSU then you wont need a new one.

(I upgraded last year for well under $600. AND I still run a GTX 770 with solid performance)

I changed a couple minor things since, but my build is in that pink bar in my sig. or here: https://valid.x86.fr/uesygy

I'm quite proud of this rig. (https://www.instagram.com/nasums/)

OH, and you can resell the old hard ware too. looks that that old ass i5 can still bring you some fair $$.
but that shyt has SWAG

KA-T for life!

Old 02-10-2018, 04:27 PM   #617
S14DB
AFC #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzbrady View Post
It has 16G in it, so I don't know if it's a compatibility issue or what but the CPU and the motherboard are also going on 6 years old. Overall it's just about time to change the hardware and I want to make the best investment possible.
Are you looking at the ram usage while using the system? It crashing in games or web browsing or both? What is your page file usage? When was the last clean install of windows?

That said, if you had a 3xxx or 4xxx series chip I would say fix your ram. But, the i5-2320 is dated. Most only have SATA2 so you aren't getting the most out of your SSD.

I would make a usb stick with http://www.ultimatebootcd.com on it and run memtest over night to check the ram to make sure.
Old 02-11-2018, 10:00 AM   #618
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

great... cablemod has 4-6week delay.
Old 02-12-2018, 09:42 AM   #619
S14DB
AFC #1

Quote:
great... cablemod has 4-6week delay.
Yeah, they are redoing their fab shop.
Old 02-12-2018, 12:55 PM   #620
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

Yeah I ordered on January but never got any notification. I thought someone highjacked my package or something.
Old 02-12-2018, 02:50 PM   #621
S14DB
AFC #1

Quote:
Yeah I ordered on January but never got any notification. I thought someone highjacked my package or something.
They started work on the 29th. So you must have ordered on the 29th-31st.
Old 02-12-2018, 08:17 PM   #622
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

damn 2400g sold out fast.
Old 02-13-2018, 07:59 AM   #623
Future240
Future Moderator

It is a pretty good processor. I saw some benches, for gaming on the cheap it cannot be beat. On some of the older stuff. It can hit 30+fps on medium and sometimes high details.
Old 02-13-2018, 09:53 PM   #624
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnGC0T46fnE
Old 02-13-2018, 09:58 PM   #625
S14DB
AFC #1

Quote:
damn 2400g sold out fast.
um,
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...82E16819113480
Old 02-13-2018, 10:42 PM   #626
anti tyler
GM2 (SW/AW)

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
Damn that sale ends in 2 hours also... (roughly 2am EST)

WAKE UP!

I haven't been an AMD guy for over 15 years, is that a good chip? I'd rather hear feedback from one of you guys, than google my life away after procrastinating for 5 hours today.
but that shyt has SWAG

KA-T for life!

Old 02-14-2018, 07:11 PM   #627
S14DB
AFC #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by anti tyler View Post
Damn that sale ends in 2 hours also... (roughly 2am EST)

WAKE UP!

I haven't been an AMD guy for over 15 years, is that a good chip? I'd rather hear feedback from one of you guys, than google my life away after procrastinating for 5 hours today.
It has the potential to be. The bios and drivers are still a little shaky IMHO. For the same price you can get an R3 and a 1030.

Unless you HAVE to get something I would wait a month for things to get sorted out. Sort of like the initial Ryzen launch.

I would love to see it in a laptop and also the Intel/Radeon chip to come out.
Old 02-14-2018, 10:20 PM   #628
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

especially that gpu memory limitation. once they unlock that.

ooh weeii.... 8gb igpu wtf goodness! on a damn apu!
Old 02-15-2018, 06:52 AM   #629
Future240
Future Moderator

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/new...ed-turing.html
Old 02-18-2018, 11:57 PM   #630
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

logging 55 hours on kingdom come. can't wait for the mods.

lol some reason the game crashes when you start killing everybody in a town.

Last edited by BOROSUN; 02-19-2018 at 11:26 PM..