Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-30-2009, 10:13 PM   #1
Tom25666
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
Tom25666 has made poor choicesTom25666 has made poor choicesTom25666 has made poor choicesTom25666 has made poor choicesTom25666 has made poor choicesTom25666 has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Question window vents ??

so how do the window vents/visors work exactly on an s13? most cars have the metal that goes all the way around the window, and you stick the visor on there. doesn't it hang down over the window? do you have to roll the window down to open the door?? do the ebay ones fit correctly? just some noob questions. thank you
Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-2009, 10:30 PM   #2
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
they hang over the window and are adhered on with double stick tape and a couple clips. they're pretty shitty if you ask me, but some people like them.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 10:34 PM   #3
SlideWell
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
SlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
www.thenismoshop.com buy OEM at a great deal
SlideWell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 10:45 PM   #4
killer240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
killer240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
so their easy to steal?
damn i was plannin on gettin those too
killer240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 10:51 PM   #5
gotspins13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
gotspins13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to gotspins13
so your saying your going to steal some?^^^^

perfectly said! FJ20ET 16 valve - the holy grail of Nissan engines
gotspins13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 10:56 PM   #6
killer240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
killer240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
ya u got one on urs?
i said i was guna buy one
killer240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 12:52 AM   #7
ta2maki

ta2maki is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom25666 View Post
doesn't it hang down over the window? do you have to roll the window down to open the door??
No, it projects outward so the window clears when opening and closing the door. They are pretty shitty as Mike mentioned. I got mine because I wanted to be able smoke with the windows open when it rained, but you can't really open the windows more than a crack before the rain starts coming in. The way it's shaped and the clips make it hard to clean the a-pillars underneath it.
ta2maki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 12:54 AM   #8
roboticnissan
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
roboticnissan is making a name for him/her selfroboticnissan is making a name for him/her selfroboticnissan is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
yah i never thought these as being very functional
Old 08-31-2009, 02:55 AM   #9
zenki.life
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (27)
zenki.life is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to zenki.life
Quote:
Originally Posted by roboticnissan View Post
yah i never thought these as being very functional
neither is most things people use(or put) on their car. yet it is still done

Quote:
Originally Posted by super240s14 View Post
man you all are ass holes...... and that is rude to talk like that on zilvia im reporting all you...... ZILVIA ADMINISTRATION PLEASE BANNED ALL THREE OF THESE DUDES
^^another person learns the perils of "stupid posting" on zilvia, too bad none will care.
zenki.life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 08:57 AM   #10
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ta2maki View Post
No, it projects outward so the window clears when opening and closing the door. They are pretty shitty as Mike mentioned. I got mine because I wanted to be able smoke with the windows open when it rained, but you can't really open the windows more than a crack before the rain starts coming in. The way it's shaped and the clips make it hard to clean the a-pillars underneath it.
the come in a translucent purple color, which in my opinion is even more fucked up.. because not only does it fail to match with anything on the car (all my moldings are black and my car is NOT purple), but the other part is that the dirt that gets trapped underneath is difficult to clean since the window visors are not removable. they're complete shit.

the only way i could even imagine them working, was to have them painted black... at least the dirt would be hard to see but less finicky to clean, and they would match.

personally, i bought new A pillar moldings and new B pillar covers, and I wouldnt want anything to deter from people seeing how fucking immaculate my car is - as opposed to buying this cheap plastic shit and covering them up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer240 View Post
so their easy to steal?
damn i was plannin on gettin those too
they're easy to steal, just like everything is.. including an entire car.

how do you plan on buying something so inexpensive? they're around 100 bucks, i didnt think most people planned for such low cost purchases.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 11:30 AM   #11
Bigsyke
Zilvia FREAK!

Bigsyke is an unknown quantity at this point
Is it just me, or am I the only one who drives in the rain?

I love getting a tsunami on my lap when I roll my S14 windows down just a crack. Look at my floor mats, theyre always damp. My drivers side window switch is corroding like a biznatch.

However I had a set for my civic once, they flew off on the highway onto traffic hopefully hitting a VW
Bigsyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 11:39 AM   #12
zugoi
Zilvia Junkie

zugoi is a splendid one to beholdzugoi is a splendid one to beholdzugoi is a splendid one to beholdzugoi is a splendid one to beholdzugoi is a splendid one to beholdzugoi is a splendid one to beholdzugoi is a splendid one to beholdzugoi is a splendid one to beholdzugoi is a splendid one to beholdzugoi is a splendid one to beholdzugoi is a splendid one to behold
i dont see them being super useful. I think most people get them to say i gotz the jdm hotness and add some contour to their car. An advertiser (i think it was the nismoshop) has them on special for $125 shipped.

edit: it wasnt the nismoshop that had them on sale but Nismoparts. For the hatchback tho.

http://zilvia.net/f/advertiser-speci...-specials.html
Old 08-31-2009, 11:59 AM   #13
zenki.life
Nissanaholic!

blah. the purple makes me vomit

Quote:
man you all are ass holes...... and that is rude to talk like that on zilvia im reporting all you...... ZILVIA ADMINISTRATION PLEASE BANNED ALL THREE OF THESE DUDES
^^another person learns the perils of "stupid posting" on zilvia, too bad none will care.
Old 08-31-2009, 01:13 PM   #14
Tom25666
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
Tom25666 has made poor choicesTom25666 has made poor choicesTom25666 has made poor choicesTom25666 has made poor choicesTom25666 has made poor choicesTom25666 has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
how do you plan on buying something so inexpensive? they're around 100 bucks, i didnt think most people planned for such low cost purchases.
shiiiit i had to save up for a valve cover gasket. haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenki.life View Post
blah. the purple makes me vomit
yeah fuck some purple
Old 08-31-2009, 03:44 PM   #15
!Zar!
Post Whore!

!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
Trippin.

These are the same people who have to plan out buying gas.

And think that modding their car as cheaply as possible is a must.

Zilvia, where all class and logic goes out the window.
Old 08-31-2009, 05:06 PM   #16
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
Trippin.

These are the same people who have to plan out buying gas.

And think that modding their car as cheaply as possible is a must.

Zilvia, where all class and logic goes out the window.
I see new sig material there.

I like the visors, the S14 versions are a deeper color, nearly black, and not purple like the S13, so they look more 'fitted'. My only gripe is when people put them on without removing the moulding, leaving it mounted too high on the moulding and sticking up across the roofline. I've seen more done like that then done correctly. Plus it covers up the beaten ass, dinged up moulding that the majority of cars on the road now have. $79 for the visors vs. $167 each for the moulding, that's totally the 240SX owner's way of solving a problem.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 05:24 PM   #17
Kwonza Says
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (14)
Kwonza Says is a jewel in the roughKwonza Says is a jewel in the roughKwonza Says is a jewel in the roughKwonza Says is a jewel in the roughKwonza Says is a jewel in the roughKwonza Says is a jewel in the roughKwonza Says is a jewel in the roughKwonza Says is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
I just got em because they discontinued the coupe visors!!!! >.<
Kwonza Says is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 06:15 PM   #18
Ktown_drifter
Zilvia Member

Ktown_drifter is an unknown quantity at this point
thinking about gettin a set for my hatch Ill either get the CF ones of the FPR ones and have them painted black.. even if I can ave my windos own a crack it would be nice in the rain

613driftwerks.ca
Ktown_drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 06:17 PM   #19
zenki.life
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectRDM View Post
I see new sig material there.

I like the visors, the S14 versions are a deeper color, nearly black, and not purple like the S13, so they look more 'fitted'. My only gripe is when people put them on without removing the moulding, leaving it mounted too high on the moulding and sticking up across the roofline. I've seen more done like that then done correctly. Plus it covers up the beaten ass, dinged up moulding that the majority of cars on the road now have. $79 for the visors vs. $167 each for the moulding, that's totally the 240SX owner's way of solving a problem.
haha. i would put it as my sig. but my sig has to much other stuff lol

Quote: