Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > For Sale Items > Cars For Sale

Old 05-08-2018, 02:33 PM   #1
Slidewayz88
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
Slidewayz88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
s14 1997 240sx - KR5 - RB25DET

Please read ALL...

1997 Nissan 240sx - KR5 - RB25DET

PRICE - WHEELS NOT INCLUDED: $9,500 FIRM - Will need rollers

TRADES: 97-98 240sx Stock Body Only, Clean!

I purchased and received this car July of 2016. It had 131,171 kms on the odometer and now has 135,201 kms. That is not the actual mileage on the chassis, just on the JDM cluster. I've put less than 3,000 miles on this since July 2016. Only taking it out on the weekend to the occasional car meet. I've never drifted or dragged this car. I've never even done a burnout, lol. My attitude on this car has been preservation. I've had zero leaks anywhere and no overheating whatsoever. I didn't originally plan on selling this, I've poured my heart into this thing, so it took a long time to make this decision. I'm looking for a clean stock body 97-98 Kouki. Preferably 98. After purchasing this car, I became really fond of the OEM look. Like, really really fond. Hence why I added the USDM front bumper, lip and kouki sideskirts. Unfortunately the owner before me added overfenders, so originally I was going to settle and continue to go wide, but I just can't. For all you avid schassis owners out there, you know how this goes.

EXTERIOR:

No Rust underneath and rails look great
Rebuilt Title - Done very well, drives perfectly, and body is clean.
Mileage on chassis- I have no idea. I was told a little over 200k when I purchased it.
OEM KR5 Silvermoss - Repainted few years ago - Door Jams Included(just beautiful)
OEM Glass Headlights, Black Housing Painted w/ HID's
USDM Front Bumper, cut to fit Intercooler(professionally painted less than a year ago)
USDM Lip(which I purchased from Nissan less than a year ago for like $380)
Origin 30mm or 50mm Rear Overfenders(not sure) - They are marked up from previous owners side skirts and rear bumper. Not terrible, but visible. I was just going to replace them with 50mm Chargespeeds.
OEM Kouki Sideskirts W/ ENDCAPS(professionally painted less than a year ago)
OEM Kouki Tailights(I resprayed them and hand painted the Nissan logo silvermoss less than a year ago)
OEM Grill
OEM Fogs wrapped in yellow (I purchased these used; needs to be wired)
Genuine Nissan Rainguard Visors (I purchased and installed them less than a year ago; $150)
Slicktop(no sunroof), Zero Dents
No Back Bumper Installed BUT COMES WITH:
OEM Rear Bumper and License Plate Light(not painted but primed and ready to be sprayed)
Origin 20mm Single Vent Front Fenders(need repaired, primed, and sprayed)

INTERIOR:
The interior IMO is very clean. I put some time into it.
Authentic Drop Spoke Nardi Woodgrain Steering Wheel(good condition)
NRG Hub(Non-Quick Release)
Infiniti Chrome Door Handles
Chrome E-Brake Drift Button
Ebay Spike Shift Knob(chrome, matches wheel, e-brake button and door handles, lol)
Rare Factory Silvia Optional JDM Seats(front and rear), practically mint condition - For those of you that say these are fake, you're wrong. @Nikky_Jacobs was stationed in Japan and had some in her s14.
Dash has a crack over the cluster
Dash is covered with a Dash Mat
Door panels are in almost perfect condition
P2M Front Black and Grey Checkered Floor Mats
JDM Kouki KM Cluster fitted with a Depo Racing Japanese Tach (tach went out just a couple weeks ago, this has happened once before. A wire behind needs to be plugged back in and this time secured better.)
Gauge Pillar: AEM Tru Boost Gauge & AEM AF Wideband
Pioneer Speakers All Around
Pioneer Touch Screen Headunit
I have two keys for this car, so you'll have a spare. Both are good quality. They are those black and chrome Silvia key's that you can purchase from Amazon.
G5 Clifford Alarm. Really nice, tbh. Previous Owner had it installed.
No AC! I do have the compressor, condenser and all lines to install it.

ENGINE:

The previous owner before me had it professionally swapped. I know it was garage kept and a weekend driven only.
Full RB25DET S2 Swap, Healthy
Engine Bay is Clean and Tucked: Fuse box is secured and safe in passenger airbag compartment, and battery relocated to the trunk.
Stock Internals
The previous owner who purchased the motor, resealed it all around.
The new seals include: Valve Cover, Cam Seals, Oil, Water Pump, Rear and Main Seals
Orange Painted Valve Covers
REAL Greddy RB25 Manifold(painted to match covers)
Cusco Oil Catch Can
Stock Exhaust Manifold Custom for a 40mm Wastegate
40mm Turbosmart Wastegate(painted as well)
Turbo: The guy I purchased the car from said it was a Precision 6765 turbo, dual ballbearing. Older model.
Full 3 In. Downpipe
HKS Hi-Power Exhaust W/ New Catalytic Converter(I purchased and installed less than a year ago)
Aftermarket Radiator w/ dual fan setup(I purchased and installed the fan setup less than a year ago, it's perfect.)
Intercooler piping
Godspeed Intercooler
Z32 MAF(I purchased and installed this less than a year ago)
Tial 50mm BOV(I purchased and installed this less than a year ago)
Apexi Intake(I purchased and installed this less than a year ago)
Q45 TB
TPS(I purchased and installed less than a year ago)
Walbro 255
Z32 Fuel Filter(I purchased and installed less than a year ago)
Aeromotive Fuel Pressure Regulator
Deatschwekrs 740cc Sidefeed Injectors(I bought these new and installed them less than a year ago, added them to the RS Enthalpy tune)
Yellow Jacket Coils(when I purchased the car, the previous owner said he bought these new and installed them just a couple hundred miles prior)
Cusco Strut Bar
RS Enthaply ECU - 93 Octane

DRIVETRAIN:

5 Speed Tranny
Act 6 Disc Clutch(when I purchased the car, the previous owner told me he bought it new and installed it less than 500 miles ago)
J30 Diff
DSS Steel Driveshaft
New Power Steering Rack- I purchased the car with a leaking rack, so I went on ebay and bought an expensive ass s14 rack, lol. Installed less than a year ago.

SUSPENSION:
Megan Racing Street Coilovers - 6kg Front & 8kg Rear - Purchased the car with these installed, previous owner stated he bought them about a year prior. They've served me very well by my surprise, lol.
Arms: I only rode with what was already installed, so I'm not exactly sure on aftermarket brands: Toe arms, Control arms, traction rods, and Front tension rods
Energy Subframe Bushings

BRAKES:

Z32 Brakes Front and Rear Setup

CONS:

Needs a new cold start valve. 91-94 Sentra is identical and can get one on eBay for like $30-40. When cold start: I let the fuel pump prime, start it up, slightly push the petal down for about 5-10 secs. and then all good.

When coming to a stop, if I push in the clutch, lets say at 4,000RPM's, then as the RPM's fall they will dip way below idle then pick back up. However, if I ride it in gear all the way to a stop sign for example, allowing the rpm's to decrease while in gear, then pushing in the clutch at a much lower rpm this doesn't happen. I have adapted to this and can drive it without any issues at all. The other thing I noticed around this time was boost seemed weaker than usual after 5,000RPM's. I wish my first thought was a leak, but it wasn't lol. When this started happening I ended up going through practically everything. Replaced a lot sensors, triple checked voltages and everything was fine. I eventually had a proper leak test and the only leak found was the area where the turbo bolted up to the manifold. There was also air coming from the turbo, but was told a certain amount of this is normal.
The manifold on this car is the stock one modified, so that didn't really surprise me. It's old, lol. Though it's a fairly easy fix, my plans for the car after finishing the exterior, was to purchase a CX Racing manifold in the mean time. Plus I wanted a top mount manifold. That never happened. I've been plugging away at the exterior and interior any chance I've got. Also the majority of my time owning this car, my personal life has been a bit hectic as well, so I've only been able to work on it slowly and drive it little. AFRs cruising and in boost are spot on. I kept the PSI where it was when I purchased it, 17PSI. It idles fine without any issues and I have cleaned the IACV thoroughly.

Some misc. things I've done to the car since I've owned it that I didn't list above:
I only use AMSOIL
Changed transmission fluid with Redline GL4
New coolant temp sensor
Checked timing
NGK spark plugs
New oxygen sensor
Had starter rebuilt
New Z32 MAF
New Redtop battery(I still have the receipt) w/ all new cables installed

SERIOUS BUYERS ONLY!

DM me if interested. Thank you for looking.

Last edited by Slidewayz88; 05-13-2018 at 12:27 PM..
Slidewayz88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2018, 02:36 PM   #2
BcuzJDM
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
BcuzJDM is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Don’t do it Derrick [emoji24]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BcuzJDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 12:22 AM   #3
ZenkiLB
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
ZenkiLB is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Digging the KR5

Last edited by ZenkiLB; 05-12-2018 at 06:18 PM..
ZenkiLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 09:00 AM   #4
Nemui

Nemui is an unknown quantity at this point
Nooooo don't do it! jslay here. I'm sure you're doing it because you're building another even better so glws bud!
Nemui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 10:29 AM   #5
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Good god this thing is beatiful, GLWS. Lucky owner whoever gets this.
Old 05-20-2018, 07:39 PM   #6
phuonglong003

phuonglong003 is an unknown quantity at this point
Sent you a pm. Awaiting response.
phuonglong003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 08:05 PM   #7
Slidewayz88
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
Slidewayz88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
SOLD! Got asking price.
Slidewayz88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 08:28 PM   #8
phuonglong003

phuonglong003 is an unknown quantity at this point
Damn. Congrats
phuonglong003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 10:00 PM   #9
Slidewayscoupe27

Slidewayscoupe27 is an unknown quantity at this point
Sent you a PM. Get in touch with me please!
Slidewayscoupe27 is offline   Reply With Quote