Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-16-2009, 08:07 AM   #1
mjhockey155

Trader Rating: (0)
mjhockey155 is not welcome here anymoremjhockey155 is not welcome here anymoremjhockey155 is not welcome here anymoremjhockey155 is not welcome here anymoremjhockey155 is not welcome here anymoremjhockey155 is not welcome here anymoremjhockey155 is not welcome here anymoremjhockey155 is not welcome here anymoremjhockey155 is not welcome here anymoremjhockey155 is not welcome here anymoremjhockey155 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Diagnostic reading?

I just finished painting the inside of my car after the stitch weld project. I got everything back together(dash, console, door panels, lighting) and checked the radio, climate control, lights, etc. to see if they work which they all do. However, when i turn the car to start on the ignition the only thing that happens is a click under the dash, also the floor light under the dash blinks for a couple of seconds then stops after each time i try to start it. What exactly does that mean, throwing a code?
mjhockey155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2009, 09:03 AM   #2
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
No. Why would that mean a code?

Sounds like your battery is nearly dead.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 09:38 AM   #3
mjhockey155

mjhockey155 is not welcome here anymoremjhockey155 is not welcome here anymoremjhockey155 is not welcome here anymoremjhockey155 is not welcome here anymoremjhockey155 is not welcome here anymoremjhockey155 is not welcome here anymoremjhockey155 is not welcome here anymoremjhockey155 is not welcome here anymoremjhockey155 is not welcome here anymoremjhockey155 is not welcome here anymoremjhockey155 is not welcome here anymore
I was skeptical if it was a code because I know that codes can be read from either the ecu or the engine light in the cluster. Just thought that the number of flash could have meant something. Yea I'll check the battery, but it should be good its only a month old
Old 03-17-2009, 09:13 AM   #4
mjhockey155

I found the problem, a ground wire needed to be connected under the drivers seat, started right up. Still, why does the light blink under the driver side dash every time I put the key in the run position or the start position. This is my first s13 so i don't know if its supposed to do that or not.
Old 03-29-2009, 07:10 PM   #5
reccakun08
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
reccakun08 is a jewel in the roughreccakun08 is a jewel in the roughreccakun08 is a jewel in the roughreccakun08 is a jewel in the roughreccakun08 is a jewel in the roughreccakun08 is a jewel in the roughreccakun08 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
what ground wire underneath the driver seat? i thought the only thing there is the selt belt connector.
reccakun08 is offline   Reply With Quote