Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-15-2018, 10:22 AM   #16261
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzepol1985 View Post
Salvage lol
'just a super honest 240'. as opposed to what? one that lies to you or is a knock off?
Quote:
Originally Posted by IIIXziuR View Post
And It's for sale if anyone is bout it bout it
26k and no info. what a fantastic ad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
I'll never understand why people go through the hassle of buying certain imported chassis then doing a swap on it. Especially for S-chassis...a fucking RHD swap is cheap as fuck.
for the gram; plain and simple.
jumpman2334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2018, 05:04 PM   #16262
No 240.. No id
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (35)
No 240.. No id is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post
It's got a lot of ghetto stuff but Japanese DIW can be DIR.

I'm biased. That car is JDM cool to me for some reason.
is that a suburban in Japan at 2:25?
Old 08-15-2018, 05:15 PM   #16263
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by No 240.. No id View Post
is that a suburban in Japan at 2:25?
Lol it is...damn
Old 08-15-2018, 05:37 PM   #16264
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
there is a subculture in the Japanese car culture that revolves around American cars and importing them to japan (im sure ya'll are aware). people will always want elusive shit, its human nature. its the exact same as you guys wanting a genuine silvia.

I will say though, it does look weird being on the other side of the glass for once and going 'big whoop, its just a suburban' (in the same way the japanese would say that about a silvia).

also, there is a IG handle that documents old dodge van racing in japan its rad AF and you should check it out. I believe the handle is 'dodgevanracing'
Old 08-15-2018, 10:14 PM   #16265
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Posts are ten days apart. Someone else actually showed me this and then another person brought it to our attention that Final Form just happens to be the group of that guy who faked cancer to fund his FD build.

Is this DIW...?

Old 08-16-2018, 12:20 AM   #16266
xschylerx
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
xschylerx is on the path to ruinxschylerx is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

this monstrosity has to be photoshopped right? i mean, who would actually take the time to cut and make those fit?
xschylerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 12:16 PM   #16267
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by xschylerx View Post
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/6...924/g0MN1a.jpg

this monstrosity has to be photoshopped right? i mean, who would actually take the time to cut and make those fit?
Yes, a poorly done photochop
Old 08-16-2018, 12:27 PM   #16268
EJ8 944
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
EJ8 944 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister.E View Post
Posts are ten days apart. Someone else actually showed me this and then another person brought it to our attention that Final Form just happens to be the group of that guy who faked cancer to fund his FD build.

Is this DIW...?
I had so do some sleuthing because this was concerning.

The go fund me raised around $1500, his cat was home 3 days after the post, so - maybe legit?

Is it a little strange someone who drops nearly $10k on a body kit asking for help for his pets medical bills? Yes.

But at the same time, I don't claim to understand eveyone's situation in life. The kit likely was ordered months and months in advance, so I'm guessing his lack of money for the cat was due to spending it all on the kit beforehand.

What's the story about faked cancer though?
EJ8 944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 12:52 PM   #16269
Tearlessj
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
Tearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
https://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/c...640632573.html

And It's for sale if anyone is bout it bout it
26k....I don't understand.
Old 08-16-2018, 02:04 PM   #16270
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

im also intrigued about the faking cancer story. if it were him, im surprised no one put him on blast when he was asking money for his cat. maybe he was moderating/deleting comments?
Old 08-16-2018, 06:47 PM   #16271
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
If you put a GoFundMe up for something like that while maintaining your expensive hobby then how can anyone take you seriously. I already know the order in which I'd sell of things if any of my family members needed funds ASAP.

I want to know more about the Final Form FD guy for sure. These guys have such cool cars but it's damn near impossible to follow them on IG without cringing 5 times a day. Pair that with some questionable GoFundMe pages and you have Final Form.
Old 08-16-2018, 06:55 PM   #16272
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
If anything. Final Form doesn't employ the most intelligent workers out there.
Old 08-16-2018, 10:07 PM   #16273
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Best possible clues I have for the fake cancer guy are:

- David Do
- Mayhem Garage
- FD RX7 build funded by fake cancer GoFundMe

I’ve been looking for the details in my spare time but I haven’t found much yet. I can’t remember where I read the story myself...possibly RX7Club...but it’s been a while.
Old 08-16-2018, 10:23 PM   #16274
ILoveJDM
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (27)
ILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
David did a whole write up about how he faked it.
Old 08-18-2018, 11:44 AM   #16275
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
https://offerup.co/f73x8E5iuP

Rare Interior....
Old 08-18-2018, 06:02 PM   #16276
S14DB
AFC #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by afishysilvia View Post
Needs a lot more than a Fuel Pressure Regulator...
Old 08-19-2018, 06:59 AM   #16277
tuzzio
Post Whore!

tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
If you put a GoFundMe up for something like that while maintaining your expensive hobby then how can anyone take you seriously.

it's damn near impossible to follow them on IG without cringing 5 times a day.

How can you put up a gofundme while owning a business that is seemingly (based on their website) pretty legit? I know people who own small businesses and they don't struggle for money by any means.

Also, for the record, I don't have instagram but I'm assuming they just post useless content a few times a day? If so, if its anything like facebook, the more content you post, the more people see it. Its pretty fucking stupid. But guess how those social media websites create revenue? Business owners will pay to have more people see their posts. Its lame.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 04:29 PM   #16278
S14DB
AFC #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
How can you put up a gofundme while owning a business that is seemingly (based on their website) pretty legit? I know people who own small businesses and they don't struggle for money by any means.

Also, for the record, I don't have instagram but I'm assuming they just post useless content a few times a day? If so, if its anything like facebook, the more content you post, the more people see it. Its pretty fucking stupid. But guess how those social media websites create revenue? Business owners will pay to have more people see their posts. Its lame.
It's not the owner. Looks like a employee or partner.
Old 08-20-2018, 06:47 AM   #16279
EFITTZY
Zilvia Junkie

EFITTZY is making a name for him/her selfEFITTZY is making a name for him/her self
Can you link that write up? For science
Old 08-20-2018, 02:18 PM   #16280
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute
LHD Silvia with a KA swap....tight

https://offerup.co/npUewtzNxP

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
[240sx] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 02:30 PM   #16281
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [240sx] View Post

Lol turbocharged...
Old 08-20-2018, 02:36 PM   #16282
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

OP of this thread below could learn a thing or two about that guys 'turbo setup'. LOL

http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=659716
Old 08-20-2018, 04:00 PM   #16283
S14DB
AFC #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by [240sx] View Post

"CA tags good until July 2019" Um, you aren't required to keep your tags when you sell a vehicle in CA?

I love the airbag repair/replacement. I hope you don't ever need the wipers.
Old 08-20-2018, 04:04 PM   #16284
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

? Im not sure what your asking, the tags are already up to date. you realize july 2019 hasn't happened yet, right? are you thinking of smog? the vehicle is required by law to be smogged in CA when xfering owners (unless its a family xfer).

everytime I see a swapped car on CL I start looking for the smog info and 9/10 times its completely silent on smog because the owner isn't going to get it smogged (nor can they legally, not talking ref'd swaps). they are going to dump the smog issue on the next owner even though its required by law the seller take care of it.
Old 08-21-2018, 07:51 AM   #16285
S14DB
AFC #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpman2334 View Post
? Im not sure what your asking, the tags are already up to date. you realize july 2019 hasn't happened yet, right? are you thinking of smog? the vehicle is required by law to be smogged in CA when xfering owners (unless its a family xfer).

everytime I see a swapped car on CL I start looking for the smog info and 9/10 times its completely silent on smog because the owner isn't going to get it smogged (nor can they legally, not talking ref'd swaps). they are going to dump the smog issue on the next owner even though its required by law the seller take care of it.
In most states the Tags stay with the owner(seller) and do not get transferred with the car.
Old 08-21-2018, 08:33 AM   #16286
Almighty So
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
Almighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
In most states the Tags stay with the owner(seller) and do not get transferred with the car.
In Illinois this is true. Seller keeps their original plates and buyer/new owner will get their own new plates upon registering/title transfer.

California is a weird one. Apparently the plates stay with the car forever, regardless of ownership changing hands.

Having experienced the purchase process for vehicles from wisconsin, Indiana, Illinois, Florida, and California; california is the only place I’ve seen in which the tags stay with the car. Wouldn’t be surprised if other states do the same, however I don’t know lol.
Almighty So is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 08:37 AM   #16287
Almighty So
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
Almighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
From someone’s IG story;

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Almighty So is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 09:51 AM   #16288
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Man, oh man. That whole block of text is cringe inducing.
'HOTBOI'
Old 08-21-2018, 11:33 AM   #16289
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Krusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Man, oh man. That whole block of text is cringe inducing.
'HOTBOI'
Who the hell coined that term?
Old 08-21-2018, 11:34 AM   #16290
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krusty_s13 View Post
Who the hell coined that term?
'mainly japan' and US grassroots drifting. duhhhhh, did you not read his wall of text?

/sarcasm